Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Apparently I never looked closely enough at her model to note gender. :v:

The original RDM winding up his Limit Break only for her to interrupt it with her own is a really great moment.

Its doubly good how many people don't realize the interrupt happens and run out of the giant aoe circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Regalingualius posted:

Nah, they’d just have Lyon wearing a fake mustache on top of his real one and awkwardly pretending you’ve never met if you did Bozja

He's with Pagaga, who absolutely does remember you, and Clarricie where you can't really tell because she's kinda too combat-horny to make it clear.

Ut's neat that all three of the Beastmasters in the Bozja story survive it.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Nah, they’d just have Lyon wearing a fake mustache on top of his real one and awkwardly pretending you’ve never met if you did Bozja

he just has to wear a shirt and no one would recognize him

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is that a hat or hairstyle?

As Asimo said, its called the "Windcaller" and its a reference to a Tactics Ogre character named Canopus the Wind Caller. It can be obtained from Bozja or purchased on the marketboard. Its very rare to see players wearing it so I'm not surprised you didn't recognize it.=

I first used it on a lark expecting to hate it and switch away quickly, but it grew on me quickly and is now "mine" lol. It also helps that there is also a hairstyle that is drat near the same mullet sans bandana, and maybe a bit of a combing:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Emet-Selch as that ...chicken.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I keep thinking the Windcaller hair is from Wakka.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That jerk's hair is different! Its not a mullet for one. :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its finally back!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
best content in the game

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Its finally back!

my body is ready

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

the spirit, not so much

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I dream of one day having a cosmetic glasses slot that lets me wear glasses with other hats. (No the fashion accessories are not an acceptable substitute)

This would make a nice change of pace from the Windcaller.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

For beastmaster, it is also Mhigan profession. There might be some Vochstein left that is not Pagaga to teach you

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

bozja owned and duels became some of my favourite content in the game, both in terms of doing them myself and in watching people getting plastered by them. the mini-stories it did with skirmishes and critical engagements were also pretty neat, like sartauvoir showing up a lot in the southern front, flying with an energy aura like he's vegeta, culminating in a duel in the final zone

Cleretic posted:

Ut's neat that all three of the Beastmasters in the Bozja story survive it.

daguza also survived, so it's all four beastmasters

lol hernais

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Bozja would be better with all events and no Fate grinding in between.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i remember bozja being fairly well tuned for a single play-through; not requiring much grinding. like, it existed, but i don't recall it ever delaying me more than an afternoon's session

relic grind, tho...

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Oneiros posted:

i remember bozja being fairly well tuned for a single play-through; not requiring much grinding. like, it existed, but i don't recall it ever delaying me more than an afternoon's session

relic grind, tho...

Yeah, Bozja's honestly really good content to do once, and not to repeat in a grind. So it was maybe a little stupid to make it the relic stuff.

Although I dunno, maybe stats break down that most players only make one relic, in which case making content that's only fun for that one time was a good idea.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I missed this horribly designed tower.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Have they disabled flying in the tower area?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Tamba posted:

Have they disabled flying in the tower area?

If you approach the tower while mounted you bounce off a force field

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

FortMan posted:

For beastmaster, it is also Mhigan profession. There might be some Vochstein left that is not Pagaga to teach you
I don’t want other characters for Beastmaster I want the adventures of Pagaga and Lyon

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

As Asimo said, its called the "Windcaller" and its a reference to a Tactics Ogre character named Canopus the Wind Caller. It can be obtained from Bozja or purchased on the marketboard. Its very rare to see players wearing it so I'm not surprised you didn't recognize it.=

I have a friend who occasionally uses it to cosplay as Jecht.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Bozja was worth it if only just for what has become my hairstyle.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Is it the same tower as previous years?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rap Game Goku posted:

Is it the same tower as previous years?

Apparently it's worse.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the great filter

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Arist posted:

Apparently it's worse.

Worse as in more difficult or worse as in too easy?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m real upset that my lala lady doesn’t get board shorts. Not so much “into” bikinis on lalafells, as it were. Real upset.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rap Game Goku posted:

Worse as in more difficult or worse as in too easy?

The former, I think

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I think I saw people shielding through the bombs? Maybe surecast/etc.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think the tower is the same, but they added an extra route that has no platforming.

The alternate route has the bombs from some of the Gold Saucer GATES that blow you off the course

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think it would be funny if post-HW Alphinaud and Alisae changed to the two new jobs of each expansion, every expansion, and never explained it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

SuperKlaus posted:

I think it would be funny if post-HW Alphinaud and Alisae changed to the two new jobs of each expansion, every expansion, and never explained it.

Given Alphinaud's actions in the leadup to the Four Lords storyline, we're better off not having him pick up Samurai.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Sounds like someone wants Alphinaud to have taken up Dancer

Aliesae would never have let him pick Gunbreaker over her, after all

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
the nice thing is that the non-optional part has either just a run a or a jumping puzzle. If you don't want to do it you can talk to a NPC.

The optional part is fun but the corners are horrible. Invisible walls and clipping for days.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Bozja is cool but it's a shame that our visit to catbro country was a "former imperial province rebellion" story that could have happened anywhere, since as it stands hroth lore is like:

- former imperial province
- gunbreakers
- a bunch of stuff about queens on the character creation scene that clearly isn't true in any meaningful sense

so that part's lame.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 10, 2022

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Laughs in Viera and Raen.

(In turn, the Keepers and Duskwright of the thread laugh harder, and more manic.)

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I'd suggest all of those have more (and more coherent) lore but what does a Raen player even have to complain about? I get being bored that the Raen lore is "the third knockoff Japan in an expansion full of knockoff Japans" but the Raen got more explicit lore focus in SB than pretty much any other race or subrace but the Xaela gets anywhere.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 10, 2022

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

There’s one (1) Raen village and it’s full of sparkle Raen who live underwater and have their own separate society. There’s some Raen NPCs in Kugane but there are none in Doma.

Meanwhile the Xaela get a whole zone with multiple tribes with separate cultures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Steam Deck arrived before I really got much controller practice. BLM seems like a good one to start with, so we’ll see how that goes…