Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dual is any two weapons. There is a "Paired" trait for two of the same weapons which are meant to be used that way. It doubles your base number of attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Alright, thanks for the answers folks.

The existence of the paired trait threw me for a loop, that text should really just say "any two one-handed weapons with the close combat or sidearm trait"

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Hipster Occultist posted:

Alright, thanks for the answers folks.

The existence of the paired trait threw me for a loop, that text should really just say "any two one-handed weapons with the close combat or sidearm trait"

Don't get me started on the Paired trait.

No really. Don't.

It's the rule that convinced me I actually hate this game and the people who write it.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Squibsy posted:

Don't get me started on the Paired trait.

No really. Don't.

It's the rule that convinced me I actually hate this game and the people who write it.

Well, I can't just leave this hanging.

Do tell.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I've been getting into Middle Earth SBG and it's very very good. Thematic, simple, pretty elegant, and the minis are great. I don't know why I avoided it for so long.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Do tell.

As someone who has it and gets to roll 9 attacks, I suspect I know their pain.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Do tell.

It's really just the way Paired as a concept is both stupidly overpowered (9 attacks is dumb) and unevenly applied across the game. Why do some factions have paired chainswords on their equipment list and other factions just have chainswords? Why are some weapons pairable and others not? Why can I not buy two chainswords and use them as a pair? It's symptomatic of the ridiculously bloaty approach to rules writing that is endemic across Necromunda.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Count Thrashula posted:

I've been getting into Middle Earth SBG and it's very very good. Thematic, simple, pretty elegant, and the minis are great. I don't know why I avoided it for so long.

It is great skirmish and scenario game. A friend and I have been collecting since the Fellowship release with the first movie.

Last night the Easterlings invaded Erebor. Brutal dwarf-thumping fun.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Squibsy posted:

It's really just the way Paired as a concept is both stupidly overpowered (9 attacks is dumb) and unevenly applied across the game. Why do some factions have paired chainswords on their equipment list and other factions just have chainswords? Why are some weapons pairable and others not? Why can I not buy two chainswords and use them as a pair? It's symptomatic of the ridiculously bloaty approach to rules writing that is endemic across Necromunda.

Lol, I love modern Necromunda and I can't disagree with this at all. It's a rule that only exists to pump up certain loadouts and models that are already deadly in combat.(Corpse Grinders, Delaque Nacht-ghuls and Spektors, Goliath Stimmers)

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
LMAO you can't buy two chainswords and apply this rule??

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Cook Auto posted this over in the AoS thread but this dude is absolutely a Corpsegrinder cultist vacationing in the realms. I can't wait to see the rest of the box, but I guess we'll have to.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

moths posted:

Cook Auto posted this over in the AoS thread but this dude is absolutely a Corpsegrinder cultist vacationing in the realms. I can't wait to see the rest of the box, but I guess we'll have to.

im the dad bod

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What is going on on the back of his arm?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It looks like an old burn scar, presumably from his decision to accessorize with fire.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

goatface posted:

What is going on on the back of his arm?
People with diabetes frequently struggle with wounds healing poorly as well

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

moths posted:

drat, Khorne's fitness standards have really slipped lately

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That man is weightlifter fit, not bodybuilder fit.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

goatface posted:

That man is weightlifter fit, not bodybuilder fit.

Knocking out those 12 oz. curls

moths
Aug 25, 2004

(12oz of blood)

Blood for the blood bod.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is Zone Mortalis in 30k still most often 1k points in tournaments?

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Love the fat jokes, really helps the "GW fandom is almost as funny as an Adam Sandler movie" vibe

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Working on some Goliath for a Necromunda league at my club.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

sasha_d3ath posted:

Love the fat jokes, really helps the "GW fandom is almost as funny as an Adam Sandler movie" vibe

What, you mean 20 year old memes aren't the cutting edge of comedy anymore

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

sasha_d3ath posted:

dad bods aren't bad dumbass

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

Moola posted:

dad bods aren't bad dumbass

I’m not talking about the people who weren’t making explicit fat jokes dumbass

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Let us not bodyshame the (checks notes) plastic miniature of a fictional murder cultist

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Let us not bodyshame the (checks notes) plastic miniature of a fictional murder cultist

yes let's talk about the thicc medic from Forge World instead

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

War and Pieces posted:

yes let's talk about the thicc medic from Forge World instead

Thedicc

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Preemptively asking since it's probably going to come up in my local league.

How do giants and bombers interact in Blood Bowl?

I'd assume if I pick one of the 4 squares the giant occupies as the target and the giant drops it then it goes off in that square. But what about if the giant tries to intercept? Which square would it blow up in?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
There are giants in blood bowl?!?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

They're an inducement you can take. The rules are in Death Zone.

350k per game. So way too much for normal games, but we have a snotling player that's intentionally tanking his CTV so he can take one and another star player every game. Game one of the league he had 400k in petty cash, and it's only gotten bigger as the league goes on.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Floppychop posted:

I'd assume if I pick one of the 4 squares the giant occupies as the target and the giant drops it then it goes off in that square. But what about if the giant tries to intercept? Which square would it blow up in?

Obviously the only logical solution is that the bomb explodes simultaneously in all four squares

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Floppychop posted:

The basic Bomb rules are:

quote:

"• If the Bomb explodes in an occupied square, that player is automatically hit by the explosion.
• Roll a D6 for each player (from either team) that occupies a square adjacent to the one in which the Bomb exploded

and for Giants:

quote:

...should any of the four squares occupied by a Giant’s base be targeted by an in-game effect (such as a spell cast by a Wizard or by the effects of a Special Plays card), the player is considered to have been hit by the effect just as any other layer would be.

so I would say the explosion affects all four squares, and the surrounding 12 (!) squares. It's kind of crazy sounding, but there hasn't been any clarification from GW that I can find.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

So played my two first games of new KT yesterday. Game good. But holy moly did I pick a wrong team(vet guard) to learn the game with

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I kind of assumed that it would explode like this.

But then would I roll 3 more times to see if it was hit by the explosion in the surrounding squares on top of it being automatically hit for being in the square where the bomb came to rest?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would interpret that as being one effect on the giant and the 5 squares on the corner where it made the interception, i.e. the corner closest to the passer. But that's not coming from the rules as written there.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Covermeinsunshine posted:

So played my two first games of new KT yesterday. Game good. But holy moly did I pick a wrong team(vet guard) to learn the game with

Yep.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
This came up in our league! Excited to have relevant words.

We played it that the closest square to the origin/path of the bomb is the “Bomb” square, and the surrounding squares (minus the ones occupied by the giant) are handled as normal. Otherwise, bombs suddenly get a ton more powerful.

I can see the argument for checking all 12 squares around the giant, though, especially if they’re the one getting hit - if the giant suddenly drops to the ground, then it’s likely that they’re gonna accidentally swat a few other players on the way down.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

berzerkmonkey posted:

The basic Bomb rules are:

and for Giants:

so I would say the explosion affects all four squares, and the surrounding 12 (!) squares. It's kind of crazy sounding, but there hasn't been any clarification from GW that I can find.

Sweet vindication :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Covermeinsunshine posted:

I had a similar experience in my first game even though I played scions, a much simpler team. Its just kinda high cognitive load game. I bet your next game will feel much easier