Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

There's not like a forum post per day quota that needs to be met. The trump thread appears to be quite poor, based on secondhand accounts, and I can attest that the Glenn thread is now dominated by "the type of people we can only talk about in the Glenn thread" posting pictures of their cats. I would be in favor of both threads being removed from the left-wing politics forum.

:imunfunny:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

There's not like a forum post per day quota that needs to be met. The trump thread appears to be quite poor, based on secondhand accounts, and I can attest that the Glenn thread is now dominated by "the type of people we can only talk about in the Glenn thread" posting pictures of their cats. I would be in favor of both threads being removed from the left-wing politics forum.

just say retard and eat your sixer

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

"Now me, I'm above using awful racist slurs, but have you noticed how dark the neighborhood's gotten lately?"

copy
Jul 26, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

lol

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
All discussions of trump should be done in the trump thread imo

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lib and let die posted:

just say retard and eat your sixer

https://twitter.com/bizarre_names/status/1556879256566710272

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Don't doxx 2 of our moderators like that.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i think cspam is mostly in a pretty good spot right now. only thing id change is iks should get an increase on company matching in our 401k and better dental coverage

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

There's a left-wing politics forum?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s more of a left wing bad posting forum .

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

PROPOSAL

The C-SPAM People's Moderation Oversight Committee Forum (or something to that effect)

Description:
A C-SPAM subforum where the people of C-SPAM can review, and propose moderator action and discuss other C-SPAM issues.

Benefits:
- It would declutter many threads in C-SPAM that turn into QCS occasionally.

- It would allow the C-SPAM moderators to get feedback without having to dig through various threads.

- It would also allow people who do not want to deal with the QCS reactionaries and concern trolls to bring their concerns to the C-SPAM moderation staff and the broader C-SPAM community directly.

As Jackie Chan said (paraphrased)

"If we don't support our forum, who supports our forum?

We know that our forum has many problems. We should only discuss them among ourselves. In front of other forums, 'C-SPAM is the best!' "

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
You can deik Majorian? There have been several times where people are discussing things and he just steps on it despite there being nothing else going on in the thread.

I guess to tie this into a feedback point, please rotate iks frequently. There always seem to be a case where the tone of people's posts changes when they get a star. Don't think it's good for both posters or the thread when someone becomes like that. Inceltown got very defensive of the CSPAM pics thread, and Majorian is becoming the same way in the Ukraine thread.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

The trump thread appears to be quite poor

they keep permabanning all the rich posters... cumshitter(free him!). alec (free him!!). ahh well, we still got pfc (for now :twisted:)

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You can deik Majorian?

Technically I don't have that authority, but I could make it happen if I called in some favors. I would never do that, though, because Major Ian is a dear friend of mine and an excellent IK. The only scenario in which I can see him losing that status is either a promotion or a premature end to the Ukraino-Russian Conflict.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I looked up why cumshitter got perma'd and it was because of doxxing. Lots of posters defending him is :whitewater:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

ah i remember 8/8

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ted hitler hunter posted:

PROPOSAL

The C-SPAM People's Moderation Oversight Committee Forum (or something to that effect)

Description:
A C-SPAM subforum where the people of C-SPAM can review, and propose moderator action and discuss other C-SPAM issues.

Benefits:
- It would declutter many threads in C-SPAM that turn into QCS occasionally.

- It would allow the C-SPAM moderators to get feedback without having to dig through various threads.

- It would also allow people who do not want to deal with the QCS reactionaries and concern trolls to bring their concerns to the C-SPAM moderation staff and the broader C-SPAM community directly.

As Jackie Chan said (paraphrased)

"If we don't support our forum, who supports our forum?

We know that our forum has many problems. We should only discuss them among ourselves. In front of other forums, 'C-SPAM is the best!' "

In a meta-posting as praxis mindset, I must disagree with this proposal. Representation in the grand arena where un-like-minded posters will see and make fun of your posts is vital to the image of CSPAM and to yourself as a hardened poster. Get the gently caress outta here don't want to deal with the concern trolls, this sort of self cloistering does not create a health posting environment and such thread usually end up counter productive for the purposes of maintaining posting purity. Gotta find out how dumb the other posters are and put all that SYQ shadowboxing to use.

Ripping myself out of that cursed mindset now: lmao. Man hosting your own QCS subforums really, roflmao nah dude just post regular. This is some dsa bullshit busywork get the gently caress outta here

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I looked up why cumshitter got perma'd and it was because of doxxing. Lots of posters defending him is :whitewater:

trump thread main characters always get support because of broken brains

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I guess to tie this into a feedback point, please rotate iks frequently. There always seem to be a case where the tone of people's posts changes when they get a star. Don't think it's good for both posters or the thread when someone becomes like that. Inceltown got very defensive of the CSPAM pics thread, and Majorian is becoming the same way in the Ukraine thread.

You can run an IK content. It'd be quite fun to see all the various personalities CSPAM has to offer run this place.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You can run an IK content. It'd be quite fun to see all the various personalities CSPAM has to offer run this place.

what kind of contest

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

speng31b posted:

what kind of contest

Fyad has random numbers and it's worked for them for decades

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

pick 3 users at random, and pick a thread at random that they have 0 posts in.

when they find the thread, they get to run it for a week or 2 weeks or whatever. encourage cross-thread diversity.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'd love to see a type of person who still makes gritty memes in 2022 try their hand at moderating.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
and here i thought the ukraine thread talk today would be about nhd. life is always full of surprises

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yea he went way too far. he is missed but his ban is absolutely justified. a lot of permas people jeer at are like this if you look closely enough.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Smythe posted:

yea he went way too far. he is missed but his ban is absolutely justified. a lot of permas people jeer at are like this if you look closely enough.

it sucks but sometimes people just mean "i miss that guy and want to post with them again" without really wanting to examine what happened. usually if they do something really heinous it gets shamed away but in some cases people keep it going, particularly if they felt the circumstances weren't fair or something. people are strange and goons even stranger.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

if they had gotten rid of the stupid attention addict who vlogged while driving and showed off a knife while vlogging at his elementary school job sooner, the doxxing probably wouldn't have happened, but i guess that would have required moderators to go "oh, this person is an unfunny drama tumor, maybe we should get rid of him"

but nope, have to wait for him to vlog triumphant having bested the object of his harassment, and then advise him to stop vlogging about posters, and oh whoops he went and vlogged again, now we can push the button

i hate that i had to type the word vlog so many times

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The extent to the doxing was sealed up right quick by the mods. It was p extra if I remember the second hand reposting lore going around that weekend. Like actually called Eifel's boss and broke that sacred seal.

Like I get it conceptually and principle-like. But also Alec was quite possibly the easiest and most enticing man to dox these forums have ever seen. Also he gone now so wut

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The mods should come up with a misspelling of trump and whoever guesses it first gets to ik the trump thread that week

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

really queer Christmas posted:

The mods should come up with a misspelling of trump and whoever guesses it first gets to ik the trump thread that week

this would be ideal

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
im not worried about goons doxing goons as much as other people like kf doxing people, so be careful what you post!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
It's obviously tump, but the current IK just got nominated a few days ago and has been fine though

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i would take my week off from work and spend every waking moment developing a bot to repeatedly chainprobe every poster within my 2 week purview of abuse. this is not an actionable threat - this is a promise.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

i would take my week off from work and spend every waking moment developing a bot to repeatedly chainprobe every poster within my 2 week purview of abuse. this is not an actionable threat - this is a promise.

this poster is weak, building an automaton to accomplish the work of a dedicated poster

i would simply sleep less than six hours a night in service to the poster's revolution

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'd probably read like 20 pages, empty quote a thing, and try out a bit.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

CoolCab posted:

it sucks but sometimes people just mean "i miss that guy and want to post with them again" without really wanting to examine what happened. usually if they do something really heinous it gets shamed away but in some cases people keep it going, particularly if they felt the circumstances weren't fair or something. people are strange and goons even stranger.

agreed

speng31b
May 8, 2010

redneck nazgul posted:

this poster is weak, building an automaton to accomplish the work of a dedicated poster

i would simply sleep less than six hours a night in service to the poster's revolution

the plot of speed but with probes. if you probe less than 1 probe every 2 hrs you stop being an ik

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

i need a full 8 hours a night. lack of sleep can lower my seizure threshold. i'm making petty tyranny accessible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

Shameful.