Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
I'm calling it now. Frye is a Jellyling. Just like how Marina introduced us to Octolings. Frye is that but Jelly. She's got the jellyfish crown and everything. Different ears. I think the General Store shopkeeper is also a Jellyling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

My biggest hope for this game is that they don't just have one "last minute" song, and actually write the songs to shift into a different gear for the end of a round.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Deep Cut is good and Big Man is my friend.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

its a small thing but this is one of the features im most happy about :

we can lob up with friends before playing some turf war! Finally, we dont have join games mid-match in order to play with friends. Its gonna make things soooo much smoother for my friend group

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

kidcoelacanth posted:

My biggest hope for this game is that they don't just have one "last minute" song, and actually write the songs to shift into a different gear for the end of a round.

Aw, but I love Now Or Never

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/1557361234743279616

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

its a small thing but this is one of the features im most happy about :

we can lob up with friends before playing some turf war! Finally, we dont have join games mid-match in order to play with friends. Its gonna make things soooo much smoother for my friend group

:yeah:

This is a big one for me too. Should have been in since the first game but what are you gonna do.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Excited for left shark ray to give us the stage rotation news.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Golux posted:

Aw, but I love Now Or Never

it's a good song but i want to listen to the other bops more instead of that one every match

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

it's a good song but i want to listen to the other bops more instead of that one every match

Give every band a Now or Never cover, if not for every song.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

HEY GOONS if splatoon 3 looks fun to you and you want a regular group of likeminded dorks to play with, join our fuckin discord https://discord.gg/z88DPxgEjJ

we're gonna have a Splatoon 3 Launch & 9/11 Anniversary Celebration, so hurry up and :getin:

e: updated the link

EightFlyingCars fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 12, 2022

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

All I want out of this game is for it to be easier to team up with friends in non-private battles and for the netcode to not be total dogshit, and it looks like we've already got one of those so here's hoping for the other.

...well, I've also wanted Saltspray Rig to come back for five years now, but it doesn't look like that wish is ever coming true.

If the PC in story mode is supposed to be another Agent 3, what happened to the old Agent 3 I wonder?

kidcoelacanth posted:

My biggest hope is that they never stop remixing that one "last minute" song

raditts fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 10, 2022

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
They need to confirm the woomy/veemo button is still there

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

raditts posted:

If the PC in story mode is supposed to be another Agent 3, what happened to the old Agent 3 I wonder?

She's the captain or whatever now, this was confirmed a while ago I think

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EightFlyingCars posted:

HEY GOONS if splatoon 3 looks fun to you and you want a regular group of likeminded dorks to play with, join our fuckin discord https://discord.gg/VQuXncZf

we're gonna have a Splatoon 3 Launch & 9/11 Anniversary Celebration, so hurry up and :getin:

:woomy:

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

raditts posted:

...well, I've also wanted Saltspray Rig to come back for five years now, but it doesn't look like that wish is ever coming true.

They added more Splatoon 1 maps into 2 post-launch as part of the content drip, so it might still happen! I think they would need to reimagine it a bit, but I really miss the narrow walkways and how vertical the map could feel at certain points. I think it was also the only one with elevators. Nothing has really recaptured the spirit of it (aside from the mirrored symmetry), and I'd like to see it back.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want Rig back too. Definitely my favorite Splatoon 1 map that wasn’t in 2. An expanded version would work pretty well as a Salmon Run map too.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

raditts posted:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Would be neat if it pulled your character from 2 to use as the old agent.

https://twitter.com/danny8bit/status/1557446104232275968?s=21&t=I8pFZCgpMpUW9xkSShO8sQ

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 10, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIQk12PFIMM

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

so you can preorder the game to preload it but you can’t preorder the nice themed console yet in the US? I sigh

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Thank god for actually being able to play with friends now. Splatana seems fun.

https://twitter.com/kyssimmee/status/1557456119009796100

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What team are you all gonna choose for the first Splatfest? I gotta go paper since that’s usually my first instinct.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Good ol' Rock, nothing beats that!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
#rockgaming

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a word nerd so it's hard to not go paper

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/SymroxJ/status/1557417878021738496?t=lwbfZGvjkXjNb5dvOVJQrA&s=19

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So like

There's 100% gonna be a Fire Emblem: Three Houses Splatfest, right? Lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Mario/ Luigi/ Wario splatfest

:troll:

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Charmander/Bulbasaur/Squirtle fest.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Well finally a reason to recharge my Switch lite after months

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Twibbit posted:

Well finally a reason to recharge my Switch lite after months

Check out the Live A Live erasure over here

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Frye had a compelling argument. Paper truly is the worst weapon of all because you can write horrible things on paper. It is harder to write things on rock or scissors.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Excited for a lot of the QoL changes, and the sword looks so fun to use.
But I am so peeved that Hammerhead Bridge is back. Such a strange map.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
So wait, if splatoon's hub was squid shibuya, and splatoon 2's hub was squid times square, what's splatoon 3's hub? Off the top of my head I want to say it looks like the monster building in Hong Kong but I'm not sure

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

youcallthatatwist posted:

My biggest disappointment is that they've ported almost every splatoon 1 stage to the switch at this point but refuse to give me back flounder heights, my beloved

You mean this stage?

https://twitter.com/Sendouc/status/1557466076379766785

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Tempted to upgrade to an OLED for this game as I know I’m going to be playing it a lot over the next few years.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
https://splatoon.nintendo.com/en/news/catch-up-on-all-the-latest-from-the-splatoon-3-direct/

quote:

Now, Salmon Run can be played at any time!

It's all I ever wanted.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Grizz has finally authorized overtime, all hail our capitalist overlord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

I hope Crusty Sean tickets are easier, or at least more reliable to get. Hate that i have to luck into orange bonuses and sometimes even those will just give cash instead of the ticket