Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dr. Honked posted:

it is time for you to ascend to your throne and sit in your rightful place as ruler of all the lands of Dumb Bitch Juice

I'm president of weed!!!! I can't be in charge of ALL of Dumb Bitch Juice, I'm not the president I'm just the client!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Edward Fingerhands posted:

I'm president of weed!!!! I can't be in charge of ALL of Dumb Bitch Juice, I'm not the president I'm just the client!!!

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Finger Prince

Congratulations, make sure to have your underlings refer to you as "your juiciness"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Okay well if I end up the CEO of Dumb Bitch Juice and everyone has to refer to me as "your juiciness," then I'm gonna call my EA "the juice keeper" because she literally is in charge of making sure people do not call me.

I love my EA because she's way meaner than I am even and she's really good at her job, and she's getting another raise just because of that. Employees deserve to be paid for what they do which is why I'm never going to be CEO lol.

I'm still bouncing at the first sign of a better gig. I'm in interviews for some director+ level jobs at bigger places where I can work remote.

Fart Dumbass

by Fluffdaddy
realized I'm bad at math w/r/t my company's triple overtime offer this weekend. they said all overtime goes from 1.5x to 2.0x, AND all weekend hours go from 1.2x to 3.0x. This means that since I'm working weekend overtime it's actually 2.0 x 3.0. which is over $120 an hour, for taking phone calls lol. this loving rules. it's crazy to me that they'd do this but I do understand why, some wacky stuff happened internally that has resulted in a massive spike in call volumes + a lot of agents have been calling off sick. I just keep being stunned and amazed that a company is like, offering more money, to incentivize people to work more. every other job I've ever had simply threatened you

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

xcheopis

Fart Dumbass posted:

realized I'm bad at math w/r/t my company's triple overtime offer this weekend. they said all overtime goes from 1.5x to 2.0x, AND all weekend hours go from 1.2x to 3.0x. This means that since I'm working weekend overtime it's actually 2.0 x 3.0. which is over $120 an hour, for taking phone calls lol. this loving rules. it's crazy to me that they'd do this but I do understand why, some wacky stuff happened internally that has resulted in a massive spike in call volumes + a lot of agents have been calling off sick. I just keep being stunned and amazed that a company is like, offering more money, to incentivize people to work more. every other job I've ever had simply threatened you

Check to see if the overtime isn't reset at the start of a new "work" day.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Fart Dumbass

by Fluffdaddy

xcheopis posted:

Check to see if the overtime isn't reset at the start of a new "work" day.

it's not, pay period resets mondays.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

xcheopis

Fart Dumbass posted:

Excellent.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Fart Dumbass posted:

OWNS. Congrats on the cash my orb; you deserve it.

Ohtori Akio
EA stands for Edward Angerhands

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Ohtori Akio posted:

EA stands for Edward Angerhands

This is true, she's even shorter than me and both of her kids are collegiate wrestlers, so I think she could maybe destroy me or anyone else.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Work is finished for the day and it was a gd Barry Crocker I tell you what :sadpeanut:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

I know bottling days seem important, but maybe don't show up if you have a sore throat? We can reschedule bottling day.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
a bunch of meetings got cancelled so i'm yobbin' pretty hard right now

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
watching a webinar and someone just said "quality of the cuntent"

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
they also just said "WALA" in a very annoying way

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
"curdentials"

more falafel please

forums poster

Dr. Honked posted:

"curdentials"

this just means you're trained in poutinery

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

more falafel please posted:

this just means you're trained in poutinery

here, allow me to present my curdentials *opens wallet, melted cheese pours out*

cruft

I got into this weird situation where I volunteered to do some cool poo poo for a recruiting booth, but it turns out some other dude had his own ideas about what would be cool, and apparently he's kind of pissed off that I had ideas too, especially because the lady in charge had the audacity to think I could make something to go on his stuff.

I withdrew my offer to spend a weekend making a cool light display for the work recruiting event.

I really hate having to deal with peoples' egos.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

cruft posted:

I got into this weird situation where I volunteered to do some cool poo poo for a recruiting booth, but it turns out some other dude had his own ideas about what would be cool, and apparently he's kind of pissed off that I had ideas too, especially because the lady in charge had the audacity to think I could make something to go on his stuff.

I withdrew my offer to spend a weekend making a cool light display for the work recruiting event.

I really hate having to deal with peoples' egos.

ain't nobody got time for that nonsense!

cruft

Dr. Honked posted:

ain't nobody got time for that nonsense!

Seriously. I have other things I can do on my weekends that don't involve people getting upset with me.

Finger Prince

Today was really poo for reasons I don't wish to disclose, for the same reasons I didn't disclose them at the time the poo was happening, but it's put me in a mood.

cruft

Sorry, FP. I can relate. This week's been okay, but I can for sure relate.

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

Sorry, FP. I can relate. This week's been okay, but I can for sure relate.

Talked to my manager today and it was reassuring to hear he felt the same way about it.

Emo Szyslak

Farecoal

There he go

:worship:

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That is not where I expected that article to go.

Chewbecca

He was still providing a civic service so I fail to see the issue here

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

cruft

NGL I want to see these comics

cruft

cruft posted:

NGL I want to see these comics

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

thread delivers

cruft

Just got an all-employee mail about our new benefits package!

They're getting rid of sick leave, and moving everybody to PTO. This comes with a cut in number of days off. People who've been here the longest lose a whopping 10 days of time off per year. I'm losing 4.

My friends are starting to get worried about their pensions now. I took the 401(k) because I figured the pension was a pyramid scheme and they'd find a way to screw me over with it before I retired. I hate it when I'm right.

All the young people are looking at this like it's a good thing, and they're right to. They don't take many sick days, if any. So for them, they're gaining 10 days of usable vacation, hooray! But now everybody's going to come to work sick, and anybody who needs the sick days is screwed out of vacation.

This blows. I was hoping I could avoid this until I retired, but nope.

cruft

cruft posted:

Just got an all-employee mail about our new benefits package!

They're getting rid of sick leave, and moving everybody to PTO. This comes with a cut in number of days off. People who've been here the longest lose a whopping 10 days of time off per year. I'm losing 4.

My friends are starting to get worried about their pensions now. I took the 401(k) because I figured the pension was a pyramid scheme and they'd find a way to screw me over with it before I retired. I hate it when I'm right.

All the young people are looking at this like it's a good thing, and they're right to. They don't take many sick days, if any. So for them, they're gaining 10 days of usable vacation, hooray! But now everybody's going to come to work sick, and anybody who needs the sick days is screwed out of vacation.

This blows. I was hoping I could avoid this until I retired, but nope.

Okay, nevermind, I compared the new package to a bunch of other places and we're waaaaay better.

I'm still bummed that we've lost separate sick leave, because now people are going to come to work sick all the time. But it'll help recruiting now that I can say "our PTO accrual on day 1 is the same as Amazon's top rate, and ours goes up from there".

Cinderful

I work in an office with nice girls but mean dudes. Be my friends dudes, I want to talk about manly stuff at work :(

Chewbecca

<screams into the abyss about how much I hate my horrid and god forsaken job>

<jiggles my mouse so my Teams icon turns from yellow to green>

<returns to screaming>

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Chewbecca posted:

<screams into the abyss about how much I hate my horrid and god forsaken job>

<jiggles my mouse so my Teams icon turns from yellow to green>

<returns to screaming>

i just made a helpful video 4 u
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYbLvX1NjCA

cruft

I cannot believe I lived to see the bullshit necessitating this become widespread.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

cruft posted:

I cannot believe I lived to see the bullshit necessitating this become widespread.

i last used that several years ago, i feel very lucky to be in a position where i don't need it any more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

You mean you all weren't reading an article on improving office productivity when your teams icon showed idle?