Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OC VS LETHAL 11 11.34%
HAYTER/DMD VS THUNDERSTORM 40 41.24%
HOBBS 2 2.06%
CHRISTIAN VS MATT 1 1.03%
DUMPSTER MATCH 25 25.77%
YUTA VS JERICHO 18 18.56%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

im listening to busted open now and tony brought up, unprompted, that he read the 2 day ppv rumor pretty much at the same time the thread was talking about it and now i'm very convinced he's reading the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm a trillionaire with big biceps

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Sorry about the thread, Tony

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Tony Kahn checks 411wrestling.com every 10 minutes for the latest third-hand incorrect scoops to get mad about. Gonna come out that Dustin ultimately said "I would like to do PPVS" and it became "I would like 2 PPVs"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey Tony if you're reading this thread I think you're pretty swell for a filthy billionaire and your wrestling company whips rear end so keep it up, thanks :)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a second ppv has hit dustin rhodes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tony Khan fight me you jabroni

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tiny gets all his best ideas from this thread: trios titles, traveling mid Atlantic title, making BCC look really badass, etc

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hey Tony if you're reading this thread I think you're pretty swell for a filthy billionaire and your wrestling company whips rear end so keep it up, thanks :)

Someone post that parody tweet of the Tony Hawk one where Wesley Snipes is crying and it says Me when Tony Kahn is the last billionaire against the wall and it has Tony saying Hey I appreciate the hesitation.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Shard posted:

That was so good. I also love to reflect on how this group came together in that Danielson shoot talked Moxley into it with his amazing promo. It was supposed to just be a bad guy tempting thing but his argument was so good and it didn't actually change Mox's alignment that he was for real convinced and then they changed plans. It's what I love about AEW -it's flexible and organic. I can't think of any group ever like BCC in America.

It’s so good that they don’t have to stick to rigid scripting and we get these great things based off an improv line.

Danielson: “My plan is we team up to beat the poo poo out of all the young boys until they’re violence pervs like us”

Mox: “That sounds sick as hell but I’m gonna gently caress you up first just in case you’re trying to gently caress me over”

BOOM, storytelling that fits both characters and created an all-timer faction.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Listening to Renee's podcast, she opens with how Miro is smart with his money and he tweeted about crypto/NFT stuff not even a few days prior. Got a chuckle out of me.

Miro sounds great though. Big man, big energy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

El Generico posted:

Sorry about the thread, Tony

Maybe Tony's the one making it bad

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

Maybe Tony's the one making it bad

If AEW didn't exist then there wouldn't be an AEW thread to be bad so in a way he is

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

Weird that Dustin Rhodes would be the one to release detailed pape pricing structures. Can someone please link the rest of the interview so I can see that part?

Don't have the link handy on my phone but it wasn't an interview, it was just him and Abadon doing a q&a session with fans at a convention and he got asked about it and answered off the top of his head

Just be careful if you don't want to hear Abadon talking out of character

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey Tony, do Full Gear in Detroit.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
This was a bit ago, but someone was mentioning being exhausted by the length of AEW ppvs. I agree, they always wore me out and it was hard to pay attention to the main event
Personally what I've figured out that really helped is just picking one match on the card to skip. Just take a 15 minute break to do anything else, get a snack, water, ect. It's really helped me not feel as totally wiped afterwards.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nea posted:

This was a bit ago, but someone was mentioning being exhausted by the length of AEW ppvs. I agree, they always wore me out and it was hard to pay attention to the main event
Personally what I've figured out that really helped is just picking one match on the card to skip. Just take a 15 minute break to do anything else, get a snack, water, ect. It's really helped me not feel as totally wiped afterwards.

Yeah, this is what I do. There's always at least one match where I'm happy to at least miss the beginning so I'll go grab some water, grab a snack, go smoke a joint outside for a minute.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am proud to be a big strong person who is able to sit in a chair and watch TV without getting tired. I trained by doing it for 7 hour UFC shows.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wrestling ppv people at 10:30: ugh this show is going forever i need to get to bed

UFC ppv people at 1 AM: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT'S TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I look forward to these shows for months and then spend a bunch of money on them, I can't even begin to conceive of the idea of them being too long or wanting them to be shorter.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm on the east coast and getting older but will never complain about PPV length if it's on a Friday/Saturday night. Let's do this poo poo all weekend.

gently caress off with Sunday night PPVs though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Replace PPVs with Vines

Each match/angle within 7 seconds

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

No to 2day papes

Tony Khan give me $500 challenge instead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Alaois posted:

Wrestling ppv people at 10:30: ugh this show is going forever i need to get to bed

Seriously, you Americans have it easy

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Do you think DDP regrets giving the Diamond Cutter to QT Marshall instead of one of the much cooler guys in AEW?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I regret any time QT gets screen time so I would image so

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alaois posted:

UFC PPVs are on Saturdays

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shard posted:

That was so good. I also love to reflect on how this group came together in that Danielson shoot talked Moxley into it with his amazing promo. It was supposed to just be a bad guy tempting thing but his argument was so good and it didn't actually change Mox's alignment that he was for real convinced and then they changed plans. It's what I love about AEW -it's flexible and organic. I can't think of any group ever like BCC in America.

Yeah that’s really amazing and makes me like the group even more

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hot Takes on a Wednesday morning:

-Bring on the 2-day ppvs. I live in a good time zone and I have money to burn and I love AEdub and also I'm very handsome.

-BCC used to be cool but then they got matching jackets and they wore the matching jackets and now they're a bunch of geeks barely any better than Dark Order.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

But how many people has QT recruited for DDP Yoga?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gumball Gumption posted:

sour boy is back?

You been spreading lies that
Ugh, Sour Boy is the WORST!
Hey-la-day-la
I wanted to understand how my research participants experience sexual pleasure when reading shota

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tato posted:

I'm on the east coast and getting older but will never complain about PPV length if it's on a Friday/Saturday night. Let's do this poo poo all weekend.

gently caress off with Sunday night PPVs though

My thoughts as well. Especially when I have friends who want to hang out and watch wrestling but aren't even what I'd consider casual fans, they just want to hang and watch a thing and eat food. One thing I miss about living in Texas is operating on central time. Dynamite from 7pm-9pm? That's loving dope.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Yeah being on the east coast I love a Saturday pape at 7-10/11. I thought the last RoH one was the perfect time though. 3 hours just flows really well from start to finish, might be a subconscious thing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How many Sunday AEW PPVs have there been that didn't fall on a holiday?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

MassRafTer posted:

I am proud to be a big strong person who is able to sit in a chair and watch TV without getting tired. I trained by doing it for 7 hour UFC shows.

holy hell of gently caress that's so long

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MJeff posted:

how many of those holidays were only set in stone after the pape was announced?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

Much like time zones, the rest of the world doesn’t share the same holidays either

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

MJeff posted:

3 if you're in the US, 5 if you're in the rest of the world.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nea posted:

holy hell of gently caress that's so long

Once in awhile they are longer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sandman McMahon posted:

-BCC used to be cool but then they got matching jackets and they wore the matching jackets and now they're a bunch of geeks barely any better than Dark Order.

This is loving disgusting

Someone else take this bullshit please