Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Storehouse>crop row>onion IMO. After that ???, maybe level 7 bear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

tildes posted:

First $10b to inventory growth, right? I’ve got all pets but the onion, and all to level 6 but the owl.

Alternatives would be the onion or the crop row I guess, but those seem less useful.

Storehouse (inventory), absolutely

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Don‘t underestimate Onion pet by the way. You can find the ROI calculations on Discord and maybe in Rkm13‘s pet guide.

It is never better than 10b storehouse but competes with 10b crop row.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
What do raptor claws do? Also do you get gold crops from growing regular ones and getting lucky?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

What do raptor claws do? Also do you get gold crops from growing regular ones and getting lucky?

They're usable once you get some raptor's levelled up.
And yes, or from pets or from someone filling your mailbox with them.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Asking for an Orange Gecko in the event chain is lame, I just got to 103, back to the well for 7 more I guess.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

koshmar posted:

Asking for an Orange Gecko in the event chain is lame, I just got to 103, back to the well for 7 more I guess.

Same, except just needing 50. Not looking forward to 100...

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Same, except just needing 50. Not looking forward to 100...

Finish ATI before doing Strange Companions; shortly into the tower you'll receive 100 geckos back

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

FreshFeesh posted:

Finish ATI before doing Strange Companions; shortly into the tower you'll receive 100 geckos back

Ah ok. Thanks for the heads up.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
There's a couple of quest chains that basically exist to gently caress over and slow down your progress towards the tower. Strange Companions shouldn't be touched really until you finish ATI.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

FreshFeesh posted:

You make it sound so easy! I'm on ATI IX and the amount of stuff it wants is ridiculous!!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

hopefully you've been throwing some salt in the well every day for the last uhhhh month

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Vasler posted:

You make it sound so easy! I'm on ATI IX and the amount of stuff it wants is ridiculous!!

It’s awful. I’m in seaweed hell

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Schoolhouse unlocked:
General knowledge about playing cards ✅
Game knowledge ❎

Sure I could have opened up farmrpg on another tab/device and done better but I thought for the first time through I would just see what I knew - I had to guess for about 80%

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kaboobi posted:

hopefully you've been throwing some salt in the well every day for the last uhhhh month

I've been throwing crab claws to try and get Geckos

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

HelloNewman posted:

It’s awful. I’m in seaweed hell

God help you. It took me so, so many large nets to get 600 seaweed. All I can say for you is to start stocking up on iced tea right now.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

that was fun lol

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
I learned today that the soap shop sells gold fliers, treasure keys and peaches. Gold fliers and treasure keys are very nice for tower unlocking. Peaches will be nice for these godawful personal quests once I hit 4x99.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
200 milk carton and TP for the event quest is bullshit. Never thought I'd be in feather jail.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Salvor_Hardin posted:

200 milk carton and TP for the event quest is bullshit. Never thought I'd be in feather jail.

It gets worse. Next one is 300 of each. I said gently caress it at that point

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Sexual Aluminum posted:

It gets worse. Next one is 300 of each. I said gently caress it at that point

Ok screw that. Back to herb jail.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
With the event XP bonus and 1.2 million stam I was able to hit 99 today with minimal voiding.

I feel empty

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Ugh yeah 200 bog rolls is a LOT of parchment.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Is it separate milk and tp x 200, then combined x 200, then combined x 300?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

collecting 100000 feathers is not a good time imo

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I don't know what any of y'all are talking about. I don't see a soap shop or any of these quests that require toilet paper. I've only had two or three seasonal quests and they didn't feel related at all. There's a school house in town but no idea how unlock it.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Piquai Souban posted:

Is it separate milk and tp x 200, then combined x 200, then combined x 300?

separate milk and tp, then combines 200, combined 200, then combined 300 and then I said bleep it

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

koshmar posted:

With the event XP bonus and 1.2 million stam I was able to hit 99 today with minimal voiding.

I feel empty

I'm just trying to keep up with garnet rings in my march to 99 but incessant mushroom farming is making me reconsider my life choices.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
There is no way around mushroom farming. Everything needs it

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I don't know what any of y'all are talking about. I don't see a soap shop or any of these quests that require toilet paper. I've only had two or three seasonal quests and they didn't feel related at all. There's a school house in town but no idea how unlock it.

The soap shop is opened up when you have a level 10 raptor. Raptors come from super rare drops of raptor eggs from Whispering Creek, which can't be unlocked until your exploring skill is level 70 or above and you complete the Parts Unknown series of requests.

The aforementioned toilet paper quests require crafting level 74.

dolphinbomb fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 11, 2022

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Well I did the 300 bog roll one while watching the news. What’s next I wonder? Oh you absolute bastard :negative:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

holy gently caress

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I have the stam/ciders/palmers to do this but gently caress’s sakes

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Are the payouts from this education quest good? 30,000 parchment seems like quite a bit of grinding if the rewards stay as low as the first 2 are.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

tildes posted:

Are the payouts from this education quest good? 30,000 parchment seems like quite a bit of grinding if the rewards stay as low as the first 2 are.

the first 3 are not

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Hm I asked in global chat, and the consensus there was that it is not worth it unless you are near the top of the tower and have little else to do

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

dolphinbomb posted:

The aforementioned toilet paper quests require crafting level 74.
They must also require you to complete the Schoolhouse Rocks questline, because I'm at Crafting 83 and don't have any of the Donation to Education quests available either.

e: they do, as I just finished it.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 12, 2022

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone have the answers to the quizzes?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

obi_ant posted:

Anyone have the answers to the quizzes?

The farmrpg reddit has a cheat sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is it a good idea to convert all my runes into lavaspheres and selling them during the event? I am past all the baseline quests requiring them and have both dragons at L6