Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Where I live, we have a geese overpopulation problem. The city parks department has started removing some eggs from a nest and replacing those with ceramic eggs. Other eggs are coated in oil to prevent them from hatching. Also, CHUDs have been seen flying through geese families crossing the road, seeing how many they can kill. Totally normal, cool and healthy society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/alexdemling/status/1557221632837505025

lol at this Judge Doom poo poo.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

WaryWarren posted:

Where I live, we have a geese overpopulation problem. The city parks department has started removing some eggs from a nest and replacing those with ceramic eggs. Other eggs are coated in oil to prevent them from hatching. Also, CHUDs have been seen flying through geese families crossing the road, seeing how many they can kill. Totally normal, cool and healthy society.

Parks departments are full of idiot dipshits like this who just wanted to drive Big Mower all over all the bushes in the park

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Zerg Mans posted:

it's not uncommon for people to brag about running over animals in their chudmobiles

Yeah my girlfriend used to do conservation work in Ontario, where the local assholes like to boast about "turtle popping"

Who the gently caress hates turtles, they're not even snappers, all Map, Painted and Blandings :negative:

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Suburb brain is thinking that riding the bus is for poor people

Many rich people pay lots of money for a chauffer and I only have to pay $2.75

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thankfully driving a car is totally safe and you aren't at the mercy of drunk, high, violent, angry, homicidal people. why i just read a story where a person driving a car 90 mph blew through an intersection and didn't hurt or kill anyone, even though they crashed their car. just goes to show.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Riflen posted:

A taxi I once took in the poo poo-hole that is the U.A.E had this feature too. It was definitely annoying and it did entirely gently caress all to dissuade speeding. It was playing for the entire 90 mile journey. I'm pretty sure the guy was doing 100 mph the whole time with this loving alarm blaring. Lovely.

must be one of those people who have a smoke detector in their house beeping 24/7 who just somehow ignore it

why does every street in NYC have piles of garbage strewn all over it?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Horace posted:

New Yorkers love living in garbage.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Horace posted:

They don't

Every sidewalk in NYC has piles of garbage strewn all over it because government subsidized car storage space is far too important to waste on that

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
the nyc garbage thing cracks me up. no way to prevent this says only major city in the world where it’s a problem

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it would be a massive improvement if people in nyc were allowed to put garbage bags in the street instead of on the sidewalks

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Horace posted:

must be one of those people who have a smoke detector in their house beeping 24/7 who just somehow ignore it

the garbage mafia. which i think is also the regular mafia, which i think is also the government in general. but its also a jobs program for Good Union Jobs so hell, gently caress it. let the trash flow. its going to the landfill one way or another

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
What is best in life?

To crush cars, to not see them driven near you, and to hear the lamentations about lack of parking

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Since this thread appears to have some NY garbage experts: Someone who just moved in to my building regularly puts their trash out in the hallway for a day or two before they take it down to the actual trash bin outside. This feels like a NY thing for some reason, but I have only lived in civilized places so I have not encountered it before. Is it a NY thing?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
honestly man i work at a venue and have people going nuts about parking every day and it drives me up the wall. i have a big note on every piece of email you get from me, from receipts, confirmations, to reservation reminders that parking sucks. if you have problems with finding parking in the city either due to nerves, skill, or becuase your car is a super-stretch hummer then i suggest taking a cab or rideshare. you're grown rear end adults, dont ask me how to park in the city. can i park on the street? is it legal? read the sign dipshit, like everybody else. people are such babies. oh no parking is too hard? well come to my government meetings where i regularly call for streets to be pedestrianized. lets go. be the change you want to see in the world. parking make you nervous? well, lets get rid of cars. EASY.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

some people like to suck, gently caress, and cum in their cars. and i think tahts bad.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The best parts of any city are hard to drive and park in. Wonder why that is.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

some people like to suck, gently caress, and cum in their cars. and i think tahts bad.

that’s ableist

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

recently i noticed near my kids daycare that some lovely old empty building was getting knocked down, and i've been like oh cool i wonder what this is gonna be. well guess what, yesterday a sign went up saying its gonna be a gas station. i know of at least two gas stations that are liek half a mile away from this location. enough!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Smythe posted:

that’s ableist

do not care

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

lobster shirt posted:

recently i noticed near my kids daycare that some lovely old empty building was getting knocked down, and i've been like oh cool i wonder what this is gonna be. well guess what, yesterday a sign went up saying its gonna be a gas station. i know of at least two gas stations that are liek half a mile away from this location. enough!

Yeah but my car is picky and doesn't like the food at the nearby station

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Smythe posted:

honestly man i work at a venue and have people going nuts about parking every day and it drives me up the wall. i have a big note on every piece of email you get from me, from receipts, confirmations, to reservation reminders that parking sucks. if you have problems with finding parking in the city either due to nerves, skill, or becuase your car is a super-stretch hummer then i suggest taking a cab or rideshare. you're grown rear end adults, dont ask me how to park in the city. can i park on the street? is it legal? read the sign dipshit, like everybody else. people are such babies. oh no parking is too hard? well come to my government meetings where i regularly call for streets to be pedestrianized. lets go. be the change you want to see in the world. parking make you nervous? well, lets get rid of cars. EASY.

The venue I work at is literally connected to a subway stop, which is a twenty minute journey from a ($5 at peak!) park-and-ride right. The park-and-ride is right next to the same off-ramp that you use to go into the city, and driving from there to us usually takes about forty-five minutes. And then they still have to try to park in our tiny underground parking garage (for $25 lol), and then when they're inevitably late they yell at us about how inaccessible we are.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The venue I work at is literally connected to a subway stop, which is a twenty minute journey from a ($5 at peak!) park-and-ride right. The park-and-ride is right next to the same off-ramp that you use to go into the city, and driving from there to us usually takes about forty-five minutes. And then they still have to try to park in our tiny underground parking garage (for $25 lol), and then when they're inevitably late they yell at us about how inaccessible we are.

I'm glad they're miserable

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Watching Not Just Bikes

A single tear rolls down my cheek

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Many homeless Americans actually live in their cars. Isn't the anti-car sentiment attacking some of the most vulnerable Americans?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
At work we occasionally block off street parking when we need to get at the utilities under the road and there is not much that makes people as red and mad as losing their parking. People who live in the suburbs don't care but people who live in extremely dense urban areas where thier car is totally optional lose their minds. It rules because there is no accommodation that can be made. You made yourself a slave to your car, figure it out.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
we resurfaced one of our parking lots last week and for three days people were asked to park across the street and walk over instead. It's a very short walk, maybe the equivalent of two blocks total. the amount of people parked in the grass, on loading docks, in fire lanes, etc. around the building just to avoid 5 minutes of walking was crazy lol

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Many homeless Americans actually live in their cars. Isn't the anti-car sentiment attacking some of the most vulnerable Americans?
Speaking of NY, car apologists are depriving landlords & politically connected hospitality business owners from their god given right to provide "housing" and extract revenue from the "moochers" who live in cars.

Apr 7, 2003

CongoJack posted:

At work we occasionally block off street parking when we need to get at the utilities under the road and there is not much that makes people as red and mad as losing their parking. People who live in the suburbs don't care but people who live in extremely dense urban areas where thier car is totally optional lose their minds. It rules because there is no accommodation that can be made. You made yourself a slave to your car, figure it out.

People on my street will lose their loving minds if you park in front of their house, I had an old man come down and ring my doorbell and scream in rage into the camera for a minute straight about it. Walking a half block is too much work but walking down to my house and up two flights of stairs to scream into my doorbell camera is just fine.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Zerg Mans posted:

it's not uncommon for people to brag about running over animals in their chudmobiles

About 6% of people will go out of their way, putting themselves at risk, to hit an animal

https://theworld.org/stories/2012-07-24/six-percent-humans-go-out-their-way-hit-animals-road

90% of them drive SUVs or trucks

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

People on my street will lose their loving minds if you park in front of their house, I had an old man come down and ring my doorbell and scream in rage into the camera for a minute straight about it. Walking a half block is too much work but walking down to my house and up two flights of stairs to scream into my doorbell camera is just fine.

I went to a house party in Redmond one time (full of rich tech assholes), and watched the guy next door back into someone's truck (at very low speed, and it was a decades-old beat-to-poo poo pickup). I asked around at the party if it belonged to anyone there, no one spoke up. Awhile later, a pair of cops show up at the door, and as the soberest one there, I was assigned to answer the door.

The cops told me that the guy next door was upset that someone had parked in front of his house, so had decided to pin the car in by pulling his cars out of his multi-car garage, but then while he was doing that had hit the car, so he called the cops (turns out the dude was at the party, just very drunk).

Tried to convince the dude to put in a claim on his insurance just to gently caress the guy, but he wouldn't do it.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Is everyone in Pittsburgh insane? I know there are a lot of Polacks there, so it would make sense.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Apr 7, 2003

WaryWarren posted:

Is everyone in Pittsburgh insane? I know there are a lot of Polacks there, so it would make sense.

I imagine that happens everywhere with single family housing and street parking

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yes!!! The old bitch who owns the house next to me left this long rambling voicemail on my phone about the car parked in front of her house, even blaming me for it because I didn't want to talk to her about it. She called the cops, installed "no parking" signs everywhere, and then had the car illegally towed. She doesn't even live there! It's an empty house!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Magic Hate Ball posted:

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

we resurfaced one of our parking lots last week and for three days people were asked to park across the street and walk over instead. It's a very short walk, maybe the equivalent of two blocks total. the amount of people parked in the grass, on loading docks, in fire lanes, etc. around the building just to avoid 5 minutes of walking was crazy lol

love this

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

I imagine that happens everywhere with single family housing and street parking

I lived in a denser part of my city for years, street parked for half of them, and never once thought twice about it.

Last summer we moved to a less dense, single family home part of the city & it shocked me the first time I looked out the window and thought "who the gently caress parked in front of my house.

The antisocial & possessive psychopathy of this country is rooted very deep indeed.

mystes
May 31, 2006

People in single family homes definitely feel like they own the road in front of their house and will flip out if you park there. Also they will probably decide you're there to rob them and call the police or try to shoot you or something.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WaryWarren posted:

wtf where is this, Canada?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

mystes posted:

People in single family homes definitely feel like they own the road in front of their house and will flip out if you park there. Also they will probably decide you're there to rob them and call the police or try to shoot you or something.

there was some story from SF about a street which did actually own the road (some private street thing) and then flipped out when the gov repossessed and was going to make it public it because they hadn't been paying the taxes on it for years