Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

CornHolio posted:

I'm the same, I bought both of those last month. Is that the Lateralus picture disc? Mine's nice and foily and looks cool but the disc itself is kind of noisy and I've read that that's because they're picture discs. It doesn't bother me much but I'm curious as to how you think it sounds.

It's definitely pretty noisy. Lots of pops and clicks compared to my other albums.

But it's so pretty.

Frozen Peach fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Today's deliveries:

Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts
Turnover - Peripheral Vision

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

dorium posted:

sure do!

I'm mostly into collecting the David Girabaldi featured records because I believe he is easily one of the top ten best drummers of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCwN6BAw8-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQIhoKrCPLk

just a monster.

Need to replace the self-titled record though, its got a pretty nasty warp that messes with the first minute of Side A and its also easily my favorite record of theirs.

:thumbsup:

Where do you rank Billy Cobham?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Good mail day.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Idk if it’s come up here already, but Target’s website is moving some records on clearance. Nothing amazing, but there are a lot going for $15 and under if you find something you want.

But that made me think to check K-mart. Way back when there was a big to do in this thread because K-mart.com had a huge inventory of records and no idea how to price them or market them. Maybe K-mart is trying to move records like target is? Worth a look.

First off, though, K-marts website is a mess and when you finally get to the section for music all of the records are over $100. Most over $200. For just normal records.

I try doing some searches. Vinyl LP with all of the clearance/sale options hit. No luck, the records are still in the $100 range and there’s no “price low to high” option.

So I do vinyl lp, sale and clearance, $0-$25. And there was one record listed.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
The alpha and the omega, ashes to ashes, Alpert to Alpert.

For real I didn't know kmart dot com still existed, sounds like third party sellers have taken over, or only the ones with stupid pricing are left.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Wait, you don't get all your records from Kmart.com? Where the hell else are you buying from then?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

records on blue light special. corner dings get you an extra $1 off!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

4 interest free payments of $34.52. It would like you never knew you bought it! 10% in savings!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

"The SA Vinyl thread stumbles upon human trafficking via the K-Mart LP marketplace. Blue Light special now!"

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

So it's money laundering, right?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Target does have decent deals on record now, as long as one of the things you’re into is the Glenn Danzig sings Elvis lp. Multiple versions available. I got one and you can too

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BigFactory posted:

Target does have decent deals on record now, as long as one of the things you’re into is the Glenn Danzig sings Elvis lp. Multiple versions available. I got one and you can too

Do they have Tom Petty And the Heartbreakers' Greatest Hits or Nevermind by Nirvana?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CPL593H posted:

Do they have Tom Petty And the Heartbreakers' Greatest Hits or Nevermind by Nirvana?

And how! But that stuff isn’t marked down, it’s the somewhat more obscure music that’s on clearance.

And by clearance I mean “the price a new record used to be 10 years ago”, not some massive sale price. But $14 for a new lp is still a good price if they have something you want.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

BigFactory posted:

Glenn Danzig sings Elvis
I enjoy both Danzig and Elvis, and this record is dogshit.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

stealie72 posted:

I enjoy both Danzig and Elvis, and this record is dogshit.

Maybe you didn’t get the right color variation

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

It's getting close to spooky season, and I wanted some spooky albums to play

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CPL593H posted:

So it's money laundering, right?

People always say this (or drug dealing) when stupidly high priced items get listed online, but I don't think I've ever seen much in the way of examples where this is actually true. Usually a case of stupid people, badly set up automated systems etc.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

El Marrow
Jan 21, 2009

Everybody here is just as dead as you.
Mail call:

Colter Wall - Western Swing & Waltzes and Other Punchy Songs
Bob Marley - Nearly his entire discography, half-speed masters

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Frozen Peach posted:

I have both of those Majora's Mask albums, and they're good as hell.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

I have both of those Majora's Mask albums, and they're good as hell.

I also have Rozen's Children of Termina, which is also awesome. Majora's Mask is so good.

So far I'm liking Time's End II the best of the three. Time's End seems to have more iconic songs, but the composition of II is so much better.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
VMP release of Jailbreak arrived today. It's loving stunning in person, sound quality is amazing. VMP can be hit and miss, but if you're into this album I highly recommend picking it up

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Frozen Peach posted:

I don't typically do video game soundtracks, but I need something spooky to play for trick or treaters this Halloween and this would make a great complement to my Quake soundtrack.

Last year I snagged an old copy of Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House from my folks house as a nostalgia play, only to get hit with surprise racism. :argh:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Frozen Peach posted:

I also have Rozen's Children of Termina, which is also awesome. Majora's Mask is so good.

So far I'm liking Time's End II the best of the three. Time's End seems to have more iconic songs, but the composition of II is so much better.

I hope they come out with further volumes!

Enos Cabell posted:

Last year I snagged an old copy of Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House from my folks house as a nostalgia play, only to get hit with surprise racism. :argh:

I love how you only have to glance at the tracklist to tell which one it will be, ha. Also:

quote:

Some of the stories on the album are better known for being sampled in rap songs such as N.W.A's "Quiet on Tha Set," Ice Cube's "Look Who's Burnin'" and "Jackin' for Beats", and Jedi Mind Tricks' "Chinese Water Torture".

Huh! I love Jedi Mind Tricks/Army of the Pharaohs....never recognized the sample.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

midge posted:

VMP release of Jailbreak arrived today. It's loving stunning in person, sound quality is amazing. VMP can be hit and miss, but if you're into this album I highly recommend picking it up

Sweet. Wasn't aware of that being out there, and one trip to the VMP website later, a copy is on the way. If it only it had arrived at the beginning of the summer, so I could blast out The Boys Are Back in Town as the greatest start of the summer anthem of all time.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Today I ordered:

Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
Bright Eyes - LIFTED or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground (preorder)

I've been looking for both of these for awhile with only finding outrageous prices.

It's a good day for teenage spinst and albums with long names.

edit: Oh yeah! Ordered Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz! too.

spinst fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 11, 2022

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I heard the YYYs play a bunch more new stuff the other weekend and it's all SO good. that album's gonna be amazing.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

The Walrus posted:

I heard the YYYs play a bunch more new stuff the other weekend and it's all SO good. that album's gonna be amazing.

I'm SO excited for the new album.

Still waiting on a Fever to Tell repress... Sigh.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Newbury has some good deals right now.

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/vinyl-deals

I picked up Teenage Gizzard $15, Silver Apples $16, Tobacco $10. There was some other stuff I was interested in but already kinda over vinyl budget this month.

Also, my new mix just dropped if anyone cares to take a listen. Funk, Soul, Latin. Kinda all over the place with this one.

https://www.mixcloud.com/Radio_RapTz/moss-appeal-35-w-dj-pete-moss/

quote:

1. João Donato, Adrian Younge, Ali Shaheed Muhammad - Vermelho Quente
2. Ghost Funk Orchestra - Brownout
3. Piero Umiliani - Protesta Giovanile
4. Hot Chocolate - drat Funky
5. Mavis John - Use My Body
6. Chuck Brown and the Soul Searchers- Berro e Sombaro
7. Cesar 830 - The Lady in My Life
8. Kokoko! - L.O.V.E.
9. Dreckig - Que no Sepa
10. The Weeknd- Gasoline
11. Kali Uchis - Miami
12. Combo Chimbita - No Regreso
13. Tommy McGee - It's You
14. Tyler The Creator, Estelle - Garden Shed
15. Captain Beefheart - I'm Glad
16. Al Green - La La for You
17. Dolores Hall - Shadow of the Sun

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

sporklift posted:

Newbury has some good deals right now.

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/vinyl-deals

I picked up Teenage Gizzard $15, Silver Apples $16, Tobacco $10. There was some other stuff I was interested in but already kinda over vinyl budget this month.

Also, my new mix just dropped if anyone cares to take a listen. Funk, Soul, Latin. Kinda all over the place with this one.

https://www.mixcloud.com/Radio_RapTz/moss-appeal-35-w-dj-pete-moss/

You can get great deals in their discount bins. They actually have good stuff in there and a lot of times the prices are severely slashed.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

lotta 100% eletronica that will disappear as soon as it hits /r/vinylvapor

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh poo poo I actually got some new records!

Strawberry Jam was picked up at last night's Animal Collective show, as was:

:rznv:

Killer show, too! Always excited when they throw down a Purple Bottle and the new version of Wide Eyed stole the show.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

caligulamprey posted:

Killer show, too! Always excited when they throw down a Purple Bottle and the new version of Wide Eyed stole the show.

Nice, I have a Khruangbin king size rolling paper pack I got at a show years ago.

Did they play any old stuff? I saw them in March for the first time and was a bit disappointed it was all new stuff.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Eh I'll stick this in here to feed my narcissism: The 100th episode of my radio show. Very lazy clip show filled with interviews past plus my ennui-filled commentary.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Eh I'll stick this in here to feed my narcissism: The 100th episode of my radio show. Very lazy clip show filled with interviews past plus my ennui-filled commentary.

I quickly sampled this and I'm really liking it. I'm following you now and look forward to hearing the whole thing this weekend.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CaptainBeefart posted:

Did they play any old stuff? I saw them in March for the first time and was a bit disappointed it was all new stuff.
I really dig watching them hammer out material on the road myself - I saw them twice working out Time Skiffs in 2019 and 2021, it was really cool to see those songs take shape over a length of time. But they were hella dipping into the vaults this time around:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 13, 2022

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Got this sweet new vinyl in the mail from a little known artist :wink:

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

caligulamprey posted:

Ah man, I think I missed it?? Their tour schedule was messed up this year. I thought it was rescheduled to the 29th but apparently it was the 10th? Life is truly grim.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

caligulamprey posted:

everything here is awesome. i want to smoke a time spliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Haven't bought a lot lately but this lovely showed up today

Waited until I found a copy for about $32 shipped. The old patience game pays off again