Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Also, it's totally not weird at all that all the minor children living with them on their compound are releasing statements via text on Instagram only all saying:

"Ezra is the most morally sound person I have ever known and is being framed by a cabal of pedophiles. Also, I will not be releasing any more statements, I will not provide video or audio of myself or speak to anyone on the phone or online because it could be used by Ezra's enemies to track me or splice my voice into incriminating videos to slander Ezra. I am extremely fine. My parents are lying and they approved my trip. Do not come looking for me or attempt to contact me in any way. Thank you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
also seems weird to take at face value someone saying ezra was in rehab in June when that was the month that he had literally disappeared because the cops were looking for him

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

lol at the claim that Ezra keeps running into people and "tries to calmly and rationally speak with them," but keeps being forced to defend themselves.

Even if they keep hanging around people who force them to defend themselves while they "calmly and rationally speak with them," at least one of those incidents where they were unfairly attacked involved Ezra coming in to their house unannounced at 2 am. Even the most calm and rational explanation from the most sophisticated speaker in the world is probably going to have problems calming people down when you burst into their home unannounced after midnight.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
breaking into someone's hotel room at 2am to very calmly and rationally speak with them sounds like a ben shapiro move

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Arist posted:

Hmm yes, I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for Ezra breaking into a couple's hotel room and screaming "I will bury you and your slut wife"

It was role-playing. Do not kink shame

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

site posted:

breaking into someone's hotel room at 2am to very calmly and rationally speak with them sounds like a ben shapiro move

Just the Homer Simpson running into Bart's room meme with Ezra Miller's head.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Just think of the potential sequels, spinoffs and team-ups that could inspire.

Oh yes, Justice Bruce: Dawn of Batmen

They'll be drafting a Batman: Metal story with JokerBat in a month

Played by an entirely CGI Heath Ledger.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It seems like Miller is not going to stop being a danger to society any time soon, so I've added a clear reference to their pronouns to the thread title to prevent people from misgendering them by accident. Anyone who repeatedly misgenders Miller from here on out is gonna be in trouble. :redass:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They also confirm that The Flash is intended to be a reboot of the entire DCEU and another reason why the studio won't shelve it for any reason.

So the DCEU will be like the regular DCU: constant reboots

Anyway, if I had to guess, the Ezra Miller story will end with a murder/suicide in a Utah motel surrounded by cops

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

catlord posted:

Didn't he have an entire show about comic shops? Frankly, it seems entirely like something he'd do. But no, apparently he was working on an anthology show that, quick pitch time, sounds like "Twilight Zone but superheroes."

Yea, as was said Comic Book Men. Just my hometown of Halifax main comic shop is Strange Adventures. They are well regarded, being the winner of an Eisner and won Wizard Magazine's best comic shop in the world award in the 90s. Actually run by people with a passion for comics and actually friendly and welcoming. Also used to have a specific Ladies Night so women could come to the store and feel safe.

I know both are named after the old DC comic, but that's where my brain goes when someone says Strange Adventures.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

As much as I was making fun of "The 90-Day Fiance Universe", my wife heard me mention it and looked it up on Discovery and there are a million shows for it. Like maybe the MCU and everyone is just playing and it's 90-Day Fiance that is actually the one true universe that deserves the title. And we're all living in it.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1557357747183796225

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I wonder what the common theme here could be :thunk:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Arist posted:

None of them have Batman in the title.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

Look they need to focus their attention on The Flash, a film so transcendently good that we'll all declare Ezra Miller can groom as many 12 year olds as they want.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Arist posted:

They are still in development and can be reevaluated

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Arist posted:

Are Supergirl or Green Lantern Corps headed by black actors? I don't think there is actually a common thread to all 4 of them, but they are obviously disproportionately movies with black leads.

Edit: Google says Supergirl is a latina actress, but Supergirl isn't specifically latina and Green Lantern Corps has no cast, but John Stewart is expected to be part of the ensemble. So, they would all be POC-led films.

I somehow missed that they were making a Static Shock movie at all.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 10, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

They are still in development and can be reevaluated

What are they paying you?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The obvious assumption (to me at least) was that GLC would have John Stewart in it, which to be fair was possibly erroneous. And no, Supergirl doesn't have a black actress (the actress is Latina), but I was more broadly gesturing at "these movies were mostly-or-entirely featuring leads who weren't white men."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So not only are they still planning on releasing The Flash WB has been doing reshoots over the summer with Ezra Miller.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The blurb on IMDb for GLC says Kyle, Guy, John and Hal but it’s not clear if that came from anywhere official or just some user added it.

The guy who did has no other IMDb submissions so it’s not just some power user.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this! posted:

So not only are they still planning on releasing The Flash WB has been doing reshoots over the summer with Ezra Miller.

Jesus christ!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Arist posted:

The obvious assumption (to me at least) was that GLC would have John Stewart in it, which to be fair was possibly erroneous. And no, Supergirl doesn't have a black actress (the actress is Latina), but I was more broadly gesturing at "these movies were mostly-or-entirely featuring leads who weren't white men."

Yeah, you were right. I didn't know the details about Supergirl or Green Lantern, but I googled them and Stewart is expected, but they technically haven't made any announcements.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Also from Googling, Green Lantern Corps have been in development for almost 9 years with no script and no cast still.

Hachi machi.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hahahahahaha this is the news story that keeps on giving

(aside from all the horrific alleged grooming and assaults of course)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

What are they paying you?

Nothing. It was just my guess. I have no idea what the reason would be.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr Hootington posted:

Nothing. It was just my guess. I have no idea what the reason would be.
Racism

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

While they were running from warrants???

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

While they were running from warrants???

The THR article says they were involved up until the most recent burglary trouble.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm not jumping to that conclusion first.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr Hootington posted:

What a shock

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Quick way to fix the Flash movie, color correct their suit to yellow and dub in "Reverse" whenever anyone says Flash.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The THR article says they were involved up until the most recent burglary trouble.
Christ

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1557442175130009602

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

We have to shelve Batgirl because releasing it will hurt the brand but we can continue to work with Ezra Miller while all these allegations are out because that's not damaging the brand at all!

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

In Hollywood it’s almost always the correct conclusion.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Opopanax posted:

What a shock

Why is that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So you’re all just going to let this keep going huh?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I have had an opportunity to read the linked article.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/batgirl-cancellation-upcoming-dc-movies-1235196017/ posted:

“We’ve done a reset.” That’s how Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav described DC on Aug. 4, days after he made the call to shelve the $90 million HBO Max film Batgirl. The mogul said there’d now be a team that would create a “10-year” plan for DC, although who’s on that team is unclear.

And Zaslav took digs at former WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar’s strategy of developing straight-to-streaming films. “We are going to focus on quality. We are not going to release any film before it’s ready,” said the executive. “DC is something we can make better.”

The remarks were not well received inside DC, according to multiple insiders who used the same word to describe members of the film division: “pissed.” And DC Films president Walter Hamada nearly exited after learning of the shelving of Batgirl before being convinced to stay on at least until the Oct. 21 release of Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam. (That film had a June test screening, including a new post-credits scene introducing a new element to Johnson’s place in the DC Universe.)

Before Warners’ sale to Discovery, Hamada was gearing up to release three or four films a year. The executive was brought on in 2018 to chart a new course for DC after a road map spearheaded by Zack Snyder imploded in the wake of the disastrous release of Justice League in 2017.

Hamada’s plans were said to have included a Crisis on Infinite Earths event, a take on the seminal DC Comics story that was adapted for TV on The CW. Rumors circulated about introducing the Secret Six, a villain team that in the comics have been Suicide Squad antagonists. More concretely, Warners had films based on Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps and Static Shock expected in the next few years, plus a J.J. Abrams-produced Black Superman film from writer Ta-Nehisi Coates. Development has slowed, with none of those features attaching directors.

Some key collaborators have received assurances their projects are safe. The Suicide Squad filmmaker James Gunn has multiple projects in development at DC, including season two of Peacemaker, which is moving forward. Insiders say Blue Beetle, starring Xolo Maridueña as DC’s first Latino superhero to topline a movie, is also on track for its August 2023 release date. After Batgirl’s cancellation, observers had feared for the project, given that it at one time was slated for HBO Max before being upgraded to theatrical. The studio is also moving full steam ahead with a sequel to Joker, with Lady Gaga confirming her casting the morning of the WBD earnings call.

Zaslav turned heads when, among DC’s upcoming films, he highlighted on an earnings call not only Black Adam and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom but also The Flash, starring the embattled actor Ezra Miller. “We’ve seen them. We think they are terrific, and we think we can make them even better,” Zaslav said of those films. The optics were not good, coming days after axing Batgirl, which would have been the first DC Extended Universe film to star a Latina, Leslie Grace.

Work has kept up on The Flash, which has been testing well. Miller participated in regularly scheduled additional photography over the summer, apparently without incident, before being charged with burglary — their third arrest this year — on Aug. 7 in Vermont. Still, neither DC nor Zaslav has indicated the film will move from its June 2023 release date, though insiders say the studio is evaluating all options.

The article makes an assumption about the unknown status of those 4 projects while WBD reevaluates the DC projects 10 year plan that is having parts being changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Disney+ now has more subscribers than Netflix and Disney is taking the opposite strategy of WarnerBros/Discovery and investing even more money in streaming and trying to expand subscribers even further with lower cost ad-supported tiers.

The problem is that Disney+ has never been profitable on its own and likely won't be for some time. It's not clear if Disney+ is intended to be a loss-leader/value-add component of the business or not. But, if not, then Disney+ needs to generate more revenue. Part of their plan to raise more revenue is to raise the price of the ad-free version rather than cutting content. The new price will be $10.99 for the ad-free version and $7.99 for the ad-supported version. The price increase or ads will kick in December 8th.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1557511876459864064