Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
the black girl on Sandman can’t act

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i dont even see color

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
drat

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

fart simpson posted:

i dont even see color

fart simpsons so old he still has a black & white tv

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Morpheus is such a little bitch.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

indigi posted:

havent seen the show but yeah that that was the takeaway from the comics

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the diner episode was weird and not very good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i like the 100 year bar guy tho

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i'm surprised they even attempted the diner story, much less made it work as well as it did for tv. still wasn't exactly great, but it wasn't bad imo

finished the season tonight; thought most of the casting was pretty drat good except rose, who i dunno if she can't act or just had really bad direction or what. some of the vfx were lol worthy but nothing that really distracted from the story. decent adaptation, i'm interested to see how they handle the next bit if the curse of netflix doesn't strike them

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

indigi posted:

wtf it’s one of fishburnes best roles

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76sNmqMzUuI

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Enough reading to never have to look anywhere else in your life :o:

https://archive.org/details/pulpmagazinearchive?sort=titleSorter

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Oneiros posted:

finished the season tonight; thought most of the casting was pretty drat good except rose, who i dunno if she can't act or just had really bad direction or what.

she’s really weird, sometimes she overacts bigtime and oversells silly little choices or asides like she’s playing to the cheap seats, then sometimes she has no affect and seems like she’s repeating lines she’s hearing for the first time read to her over an earpiece

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oneiros posted:

i'm surprised they even attempted the diner story, much less made it work as well as it did for tv. still wasn't exactly great, but it wasn't bad imo

finished the season tonight; thought most of the casting was pretty drat good except rose, who i dunno if she can't act or just had really bad direction or what. some of the vfx were lol worthy but nothing that really distracted from the story. decent adaptation, i'm interested to see how they handle the next bit if the curse of netflix doesn't strike them

it's literally her first role. like maybe she did some theater or commercials or something, but this is literally the only thing on her imdb page. so i'm guessing it's a combination of very green actress and having trouble directing around that. it's a weird choice, regardless, and i'm sure there has to be other young Black women with more experience they could have cast

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The 2nd part of BCS is really really good.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The first 15 minutes of TNG 11010100 (or whatever) seems to be entirely about jerking off, Picard with his "relaxation light" and rikard discovering you can do it in the holodeck

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

lesson of this episode seems to be that Riker would click on all the "hot singles in YOUR area are desperate for you" ads.

e: now Data is doing tech support for grandpa. Is actually a pretty good episode!

distortion park fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 10, 2022

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

riker would go and play jane austen holodeck dress-up with the rest of the bridge squares, but then he'd flirt with the bennett sisters and have to leave

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i lol every time the woman hes meeting up with gets vaporized by a giant space crystal. he doesn't look sad exactly, its more of an "oh poo poo" sudden realization his main squeeze for the night just disappeared along with a tree and felled old man

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Sweevo posted:

riker would go and play jane austen holodeck dress-up with the rest of the bridge squares, but then he'd flirt with the bennett sisters and have to leave

lol

it isn't made clear if he and picard ever tell the rest of the crew exactly how they got tricked

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/Sietchposting/status/1557127321202597890

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Lol at the Sandman world-hopping thief lady going full-on Indiana Jones Last Crusade "he chose poorly" scene as soon as she takes off her giant dumb necklace for 5 seconds.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Enough reading to never have to look anywhere else in your life :o:

https://archive.org/details/pulpmagazinearchive?sort=titleSorter

FUTURE T4T MAGAZINE

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
I am reading a sci fi novel

pretty kewl. has a prose style which is nice. I guess old established authors are still allowed to do that. apparently they are making a tv show

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ellie Crabcakes posted:

FUTURE T4T MAGAZINE

eh this is basically every smythe meme from the past nine years. gonna need a stronger argument

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Amethyst posted:

I am reading a sci fi novel

pretty kewl. has a prose style which is nice. I guess old established authors are still allowed to do that. apparently they are making a tv show

it was good, the sequel, not so much

the sequel is rather ironically named agency, a thing the main protagonist is without

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

infernal machines posted:

it was good, the sequel, not so much

the sequel is rather ironically named agency, a thing the main protagonist is without

ah crap I didn't realize this was a serial. tell me the book has an ending

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I haven't read that particular one but gibson's "trilogies " are usually three independent novels set in the same universe

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jonny 290 posted:

eh this is basically every smythe meme from the past nine years. gonna need a stronger argument
You're out of your element jonny

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Donny 290

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Amethyst posted:

ah crap I didn't realize this was a serial. tell me the book has an ending

yeah, it does, it's fully contained.

he just wrote more after

The Fool posted:

gibson's "trilogies " are usually three independent novels set in the same universe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ellie Crabcakes posted:

You're out of your element jonny

you dont even know what my elements are

joke, they're not pure elements, they're almost universally salts

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Fool posted:

I haven't read that particular one but gibson's "trilogies " are usually three independent novels set in the same universe

ya, some of the same characters show up but its its own story

also its pretty funny to put "William Gibson, author of Agency" on the cover of The Peripheral.

Back to the Future, from the people who brought you Back to the Future 2

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

might even be intentional, since they have a kind of time travel in those books? probably just dumb marketing tho

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
somehow I never saw Elvira: mistress of the dark, and it was so fantastic.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

it's literally her first role. like maybe she did some theater or commercials or something, but this is literally the only thing on her imdb page. so i'm guessing it's a combination of very green actress and having trouble directing around that. it's a weird choice, regardless, and i'm sure there has to be other young Black women with more experience they could have cast

well that explains it. guess everyone has to start somewhere but yeah, odd choice

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Fart Sandwiches posted:

somehow I never saw Elvira: mistress of the dark, and it was so fantastic.

it's a great movie
once i found out she was in the groundlings, it all made sense

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
just remembered The Dark Universe or whatever it was called from when every studio suddenly decided they needed their own MCU equivalent and had a brief chuckle

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Oneiros posted:

well that explains it. guess everyone has to start somewhere but yeah, odd choice

yeah she is a high school play level actress at this point. let her be one of the collectors or Galt if you like her and want to give her a shot, she can’t ruin an episode that way. the poor girl cannot carry a scene and her reactions are like the faces in the little books you use to teach toddlers what emotions are. idk how they got to the end of her first day of shooting and didn’t immediately try to replace her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sapozhnik posted:

just remembered The Dark Universe or whatever it was called from when every studio suddenly decided they needed their own MCU equivalent and had a brief chuckle

it was called the dark universe and I'm pretty sure the words "dark universe" are literally said out loud in the one dark universe movie that got made