Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
One morning
You are going to wake up in a different world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Idle thought, apropos of nothing, for Trashfuture listeners and other degenerates: what Type Of Guy is Li'l Bobby Pesto?

"Floppy-Haired Twat" doesn't really cover it, but the hair and the jawline has carried him far further than his competence.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Fires are gonna make the Tory mandate about 10x stronger. We fires preferentially increase the wealth of the leftover landlords.

And the Tory mandate is destroy all affordable housing or make it so cheaply its terrifying to live in.

Fires suck. I lost my home in 2017 and basically left with a car full of anything I could carry or think of on the spot. So much poo poo just gone forever. Takes forever to rebuild esp with ENGLISH BUILDERS (sickos haha yes but it's insurance companies.)

Fires can cause insurance flight (bit unsure how home insurance in Britain works and I'm guessing that it's the same as the US but different regulator it please clarify if im wrong thank you in advance) from areas that become prone to them or expected to be prone.

In general you should have a box or two of N95s or N99s as the smoke inhalation is really really bad for you especially if it's like it was here which was weeks of darkness and orange skies and horrible air quality.

Fires suck.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Only Kindness posted:

"Floppy-Haired Twat" doesn't really cover it, but the hair and the jawline has carried him far further than his competence.

Floppy haired Aristo twat.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Only Kindness posted:

"Floppy-Haired Twat" doesn't really cover it, but the hair and the jawline has carried him far further than his competence

Assumed this was about Starmer.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Severn Trent just texted me to let me know it's the driest year in over a century. Waiting for the text about all the infrastructure improvements they've done in the better years to help cope.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
That's the modern technological equivalent of the stones they put in rivers to tell people when it's a drought year

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunger_stone

Or maybe a Nilometer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nilometer

It doesn't help in anyway, but maybe you still have time to store some grain

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I can't believe the Aswan Dam did this to the nilometers.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Guavanaut posted:

Severn Trent just texted me to let me know it's the driest year in over a century. Waiting for the text about all the infrastructure improvements they've done in the better years to help cope.

In April 2014, she became the chief executive of Severn Trent.[11] In July 2015, while she was the chief executive of Severn Trent she oversaw the takeover of Severn Trent Water Purification, a subsidiary of Severn Trent Plc, by Italian company DeNora [12] which resulted in redundancies.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Only Kindness posted:

He was a useful source during the brexit shenannigans where he was able to break scoops of "This person's office is preparing to brief this way," or "This obscure comittee released this statement, and this minister is part of that committee." If you go back, most of the statements he made on votes were right.

I still maintain that when he was just reporting "This thing happened," he was actually pretty good at that. Whether it's because he was doing the legwork or both sides saw him as a useful 'source' to leak agendas to, I don't know.

The problem - as with so much in politics - is that he made a name for himself and got promoted past his limit of competence, i.e. to the point where he had to start doing analysis on broader politics, which he is absolutely dogshit at. Partly because the political landscape was completely different under a hung parliament and he still thinks who's talking about what matters under a majority government, and partly because people are no longer leaking him the right info.

He was also promoted past the point of going out and gathering the info himself by talking to MPs and insiders, so now not only is the analysis terrible, the info that the analysis is based on is also substantially worse.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I thought Li'l Bobby Pesto was the cat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also thought that.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Not least because it's a really great cat name.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

That's the modern technological equivalent of the stones they put in rivers to tell people when it's a drought year

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunger_stone

Or maybe a Nilometer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nilometer

It doesn't help in anyway, but maybe you still have time to store some grain
Digital Hunger Stones is the kind of high impact ideas-led levelling up we need ought to expect.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Faminecoin

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Disrupting the hunger market

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Don't think this has been posted yet. It's an editorial, not a comment piece, so reflects the "official" view of the paper. While there's the obvious "where was this kind of editorial 2015-2019?", it's interesting in that the Guardian is using a moment of crisis to be a kind of vanguard and push more left than the current Labour party which seems like a thing worth highlighting

https://twitter.com/guardianopinion/status/1557431477373005824

Niric fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 11, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Watch what they do as soon as anyone starts trying to actually do it. It's pure virtue signalling. Dogs chasing the car, but they'll stop and savage anyone who suggests getting the car to put its brakes on.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Guavanaut posted:

That's piss, op

lib dems winning here

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/cstross/status/1557656561719427074?t=aHx8U4SKvEnqmL4FLYR1qQ&s=19

Lmao.

It only ever gets stupider

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol, I have been enjoying Martin Rowson's portrayals of her as constantly taking selfies

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pleasantly surprised that despite the rainfall being shite and the weather boiling, Anglian Water are apparently only down to 90% of average reservoir capacity for this time of year. Maybe a hosepipe ban won't be needed here after all.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ha ha :ohno:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Those graphs clearly show the water is at the exact same level. Everything is fine. :colbert:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well clearly the water level is staying the same despite being a lower percentage hydrated so it's fine.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I don't even know what my local reservoir is, never mind how to find info about the levels. All I could see from Scottish Water was a press release that levels are average for summer in most areas, except "In eastern and southern areas such as Fife and the Scottish Borders"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

god drat it

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

I don't even know what my local reservoir is, never mind how to find info about the levels. All I could see from Scottish Water was a press release that levels are average for summer in most areas, except "In eastern and southern areas such as Fife and the Scottish Borders"

This is mine

When I was little my da made me cycle all the way out to this bastard on the weekends, which is why I was pretty healthy as a young'un. Jokes on him though now I can drink I ain't so fit.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
My local one is below average for the average of averages given in the tracker, I might go see how little there is left at the weekend.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

[Monday morning]

Guavanaut: "I fell into the dry pit and broke both my legs"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think mine is Scaling though I don't know. Looked alright when I drove past it yesterday. Dam's still there, nobody'd nicked it.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Imagine being English and not having any water lol.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

Don't even want to imagine such depravity

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Water water everywhere but PRIVATE PROPERTY: KEEP OUT

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

[Monday morning]

Guavanaut: "I fell into the dry pit and broke both my legs"
This is horrible, why would you post a dead woman at him like that.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Future independent Scotland economy based solely on selling water to the parched Englishman.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Spending 99.9% of the year not using a hosepipe, then when they are told you can't use one for a few days, they are all angry.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
We'll even pump it full of lead and piss to suit their taste preferences.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I thought Li'l Bobby Pesto was the cat
I see that now, and should probably not bigpost while waking up / walking the dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This is horrible, why would you post a dead woman at him like that.

lol this was originally going to be the picture I was going to post but couldn't find the damned thing and GIS results didn't have a punchy still.