Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/gettothejetskis/status/1557086200707547136

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That moron just doubles down and posts through it, very presidential actually

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
After struggling with WotC, UPS, and USPS for the past 3 weeks, I finally got my package for the 2 collector boosters that were supposed to come with the Coin Flip commander secret lair.

Supposed to come with, as in, the package was slit open and the contents missing aside from a piece of cardboard.

I'm so loving over this poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

When do we start getting Dominaria United spoilers...

Oh I guess we got a few already

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When do we start getting Dominaria United spoilers...

Oh I guess we got a few already

Next week, offically.
This week is story week. (Karn is back, and already loving up!)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Framboise posted:

After struggling with WotC, UPS, and USPS for the past 3 weeks, I finally got my package for the 2 collector boosters that were supposed to come with the Coin Flip commander secret lair.

Supposed to come with, as in, the package was slit open and the contents missing aside from a piece of cardboard.

That's awful.
Can your creditcard give you a refund?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Framboise posted:

Jesus that sucks so bad. Yeah if you have social media put Wizards on blast and UPS and what that other goon said about having your CC giving you a refund.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They probably don’t want to lose the delayed Secret Lair deck going the credit card route.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/SplinterBin/status/1557490641667608580?t=HCOZxjU_MR17ZKO0MPISpA&s=19

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Supposed Compleated Wrenn. Is it real? Who knows

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

https://twitter.com/scryfall/status/1557505660358742016?t=dEhWXZqxf5Xdlu8OxadfjA&s=19

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

what's with the weird font for the loyalty counter..

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Congrats, wizards, you finally have me afraid of phyrexians, with another two mana wrenn

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

what's with the weird font for the loyalty counter..

That’s just the number font they’re using for the Phyrexian language cards, Tamiyo Compleated Sage had it too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

Congrats, wizards, you finally have me afraid of phyrexians, with another two mana wrenn

One mana really :getin:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

One mana really :getin:

4-2-2=0
:colbert:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You can still cast it, technically

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh cool a one-mana walker. What could go wrong?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I understand that actual comments would be trash but I appreciated the running jokes that emerged for Gatherer card comments like under Progenitus and Scornful Egotist

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That’s just the number font they’re using for the Phyrexian language cards, Tamiyo Compleated Sage had it too

ah thanks. didnt know that

the only other interesting thing is tianhua xu always gets credited as tianhua x on the cards.
edit: if they're trying to do fakes, there's a group that likes to translate phyrexian cards so it'd be eventually found out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Actually I don’t know if it gets 2 less loyalty for each Phyrexian mana paid with life - the Compleated text on Tamiyo just says “if life was paid, this planeswalker enters with two fewer loyalty counters”. So I wonder how the rules will work with two Phyrexian mana, it might just enter with two fewer whether or not you pay 2 or 4 life

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I remember some rumors saying there was going to be a compleated Vivien card in SNC and that turned out to be bs

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Actually I don’t know if it gets 2 less loyalty for each Phyrexian mana paid with life - the Compleated text on Tamiyo just says “if life was paid, this planeswalker enters with two fewer loyalty counters”. So I wonder how the rules will work with two Phyrexian mana, it might just enter with two fewer whether or not you pay 2 or 4 life
They knew this would happen! :tinfoil:
702.150a Compleated is a static ability found on some planeswalker cards. Compleated means “If this permanent would enter the battlefield with one or more loyalty counters on it and the player who cast it chose to pay life for any part of its cost represented by Phyrexian mana symbols, it instead enters the battlefield with that many loyalty counters minus two for each of those mana symbols.”

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

They knew this would happen! :tinfoil:
702.150a Compleated is a static ability found on some planeswalker cards. Compleated means “If this permanent would enter the battlefield with one or more loyalty counters on it and the player who cast it chose to pay life for any part of its cost represented by Phyrexian mana symbols, it instead enters the battlefield with that many loyalty counters minus two for each of those mana symbols.”

Sneaky sneaky, WotC

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Collector number is way too low.

Compleat Tamiyo had a number above the set size

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

even wizards can't be dumb enough to make a one man's walker

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GoutPatrol posted:

even wizards can't be dumb enough to make a one man's walker

If it's real, If you played her for 1 she has 0 loyalty counters and dies so you have to pay at least one of the Phyrexian mana normally.

Obviously other effects can make her playable for 1 but those wouldn't be on the board at the beginning of a game.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

HootTheOwl posted:

That's awful.
Can your creditcard give you a refund?

Jiro posted:

Jesus that sucks so bad. Yeah if you have social media put Wizards on blast and UPS and what that other goon said about having your CC giving you a refund.

Aphrodite posted:

They probably don’t want to lose the delayed Secret Lair deck going the credit card route.

Pretty much what Aphrodite said. The collector boosters were supposed to be a "sorry it's late" thing. I still want it, so I'm not going to cancel this late into it all.

I've notified WotC's Secret Lair customer service yet again about this, so we'll see where it goes. If they give me any more poo poo (since they've been completely unhelpful so far) I probably will put WotC on blast on social media.

Everything about this secret lair has been a complete loving disaster and I can't believe it's been nearly a year.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

can anyone identify if that artwork is a recycle or original content? that seems like it would be the thing to prove its fake is if its artwork was recycled

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So either all these characters get permanently compleated but in some way some will still be good somehow, or Karn gets in his DeLorean and sacrifices himself by making him make Argentum/Mirrordin never happen saving all the Planeswalkers that get turned into not-Borg.

Although by that logic train. Elspeth would probably get erased from existence and domino effect poo poo on Theros and Capenna.

If that card is real, I feel bad for Seven getting Teferi time magicked to be an older tree to be the host for Wrenn on Innistrad only to get turned into a tree-Borg or just burned out.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 11, 2022

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Getting compleated should always be permanent, i hope they stay away from the super hero comic book bullshit of walking back impactful changes to characters and sticking to the status quo.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
They have not done enough with Wrenn in-story to make me believe that card is real. Especially since there's already one compleated PW all but confirmed.

Looking forward to eating some tasty words in the near future.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

I rotated the image and cropped it to just the main art and Google returned no results. But they've also gone with some updated Google Lens Image Search and I do not like it at all. :colbert:

Lone Goat does make a good point in that the cards usually had their own higher card number for the Phyrexian variant of the card...

What's the source for this image? I don't see this posted on reddit.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I would also be a little upset if Wrenn got compleated already because I recently named my new cat after her

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

If it's real, If you played her for 1 she has 0 loyalty counters and dies so you have to pay at least one of the Phyrexian mana normally.

Obviously other effects can make her playable for 1 but those wouldn't be on the board at the beginning of a game.

Why bother putting two p mana if it kills her. The person who made this really didnt think it thru imo

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
BORN TO DIE
PLANE IS A gently caress
鬼神 Kill Em All 2019
I am tree woman
410,757,864,530 COMPLEATED PLANESWALKERS

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

If it is real it could be how the Phyrexians intend to have their world tree cross the Blind Eternities.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mandatory lesbian posted:

Why bother putting two p mana if it kills her. The person who made this really didnt think it thru imo

Making one of the symbols hybrid instead of phyrexian hybrid would make it jengstha compliant do let's be thankful

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I would also be a little upset if Wrenn got compleated already because I recently named my new cat after her

That’s a great cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I can't read the new story at work, is the woman with the Terminator eye Kaya? also does that mean compleation or something else?

I assume snagging Kaya should be top priority since she can go toe to toe with a Preator