Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
My first mission of this season I was on a half skull mission and it turns out a wraith BA was in the opfor. It healed more each round with its harjel than my lovely starting mechs could dish out. So after 30 rounds, I just ctrl-alt-deleted my way out of there and started over. Luckily my second start is going better. I do hate that stuff like that is even possible in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

CompeAnansi posted:

My first mission of this season I was on a half skull mission and it turns out a wraith BA was in the opfor. It healed more each round with its harjel than my lovely starting mechs could dish out. So after 30 rounds, I just ctrl-alt-deleted my way out of there and started over. Luckily my second start is going better. I do hate that stuff like that is even possible in this game.

It's not called "RogueTech" because it sounds cool, it very much embraces the hardcore/permadeath play of roguelikes. You do have the option to withdraw, and after 30 rounds and (presumably) you completed mission objectives other than killing that little sonofabitch, you could have bailed and taken a good-faith failure and gotten *something* out of it. There missions out there that are specifically designed to be unwinnable, or nearly so - "Peer Review" comes to mind - strictly top remind players that they're out there fighting for money, and knowin' when to fold 'em and get out.

(I saw a video from last season - think it was Indibil - where they did a Peer Review. Multiple turrets to kill, shitload of enemies, multiple superheavies both mech and tank. He completed the primary - IIRC it was a base destruction; wiped the turrets; killed the primary defending lance, and most if not all the support lance. Only lost a few big expensive mechs and had at least one pilot killed in the process... and then the reinforcement lance dropped, with a couple more SH tanks, more arty and somet6hing else that was p. nasty. At that point, with most of his ammo gone, damage to everything still running, and a stack of fresh'n'frisky enemies between him and the extraction, he cheesed it. He had one fast stealthed tank, that did an end run around the reinforcements, got to the extract... and then he ejected everyone else.

(Goodbye, expensive headgear. But, the remaining pilots lived, and he got those mechs back. Had to get his wrecked ones back as salvage, and I think he lost one or more. Certainly ended up running a loss on that mission, money-wise.)

If you're getting utterly smashed at the start of a career, you might try reconfiguring and turning off higher-difficulty options; when I started playing Roger Tech, I left nearly everything off - I know I had Quicsell, because I was curious, and I think I had the advanced Pirate stuff turned on. Learned how RT worked (and got TPK'd five missions in or so). Second career, I read up on the changes to vanilla ("documentation? gently caress that I wanna smash robbits!" :suicide:) and had a lot more success chicken-stealing my way to better gear and experienced pilots.

*Then* I turned everything but nukes on and immediately got slapped hard. :v: Not as bad as the first career, and not starting at the very bottom with equipment/pilots, not to mention being new to RT, so all that helped some. ("Oh look, someone with a HAG20. I believe I want to kill them from as far away as possible. Indirect fire, if possible.")

But, despite what a lot of players (and some of the devs) hardcore/permadeath isn't mandatory. Savescumming is IMO a valid option, if not taken to extremes. (Getting mutilated by RNGesus? Yeah, enemy had no shot at that part of the mech, shouldn't have hit it. Getting knocked around some legit? Nope - or at least, I don't do that.)

But there's some absolutely *horrifying* stuff that might pop up and surprise you, at higher difficulties. Even on low-difficulty missions. That Obsidian Skull build I posted earlier? Clantech, Legendary Omnimech, and my build is extremely optimised... and all through until savebreak, it was only worth one green skull. (Difficulty two.) Add in Legendary/Elite pilots, and even much less extreme hardware can be terrifying. (Any AI pilot designated as Test Pilot can have skills up to level 20, before gear/mech quirks & affinities come into play. Possibly multiple skills. Versus the player's max of 10 pre-gear/mech-specific buffs. Oh look, that 100-ton death machine has higher init that any of mine... *every turn*. Ow.)

Keep trying, though. Eventually, you'll get to where you can smack that Wraith around like a drunken toddler.

And then you'll discover Protomechs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VskozBtdWM

As for the Roguewar stuff, LOL. RTO is pretty much EVE, but with more robbits and less spreadsheets. Don't know that there's any real J4G going on, but I've never gone Roguewar myself... if I do, it'll likely be running around as a merc more than joining a faction, unless I want to pop in just long enough to buy specific things.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Oh I know. I'm just an RT bitter vet who thinks the game was better before they added BA and protomechs. Pretty sure I beat Peer Review last season. I spent the end of the season farming superheavy missions back to back because there was no cooldown timer on them. Looks like they added a 50-100 day cooldown now. Another case of the team making the game less fun. Like I said, bitter vet.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Ugh, had a recovery mission last night that was pretty infuriating thanks to RNG.

Killed every enemy but a single hammer that was all the way across the map. Grabbed the asset with my battlemaster. Sure he had a leg without armor but I figured it would be fine.

Hammer hits the battlemaster with a two LRMs out of the barrage. Leg destroyed, mech goes down injuring the pilot and triggering a 15 turn bleedout. Other leg is now orange. No big deal, its just a hammer.

Next turn, battlemaster stands up, I pop vigilance and have him brace. Move to my next mech, make a move towards the hammer, and the battlemaster fails its stability check and falls down again. Pilot is now panicked, bleeding our slowly, and on his last wound. Still not too bad of an issue.

Two more turns go by with the battlemaster just standing there bracing each turn as I'm not risking it. I have the hammer in a great position and reduced to a torso with legs, effectively disarmed. Next turn its dead.

Brace the battlemaster, pilot freaks out and ejects. Mission failed after an hour and 45 minutes.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm not near enough of a masochist for Roguetech, but I did want to change things up a bit so I tried out BTA.

Things seem overly tanky causing missions to grind on way too long. Does anyone with experience with it know if it changes as you go up in tonnage/skulls?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Floppychop posted:

I'm not near enough of a masochist for Roguetech, but I did want to change things up a bit so I tried out BTA.

Things seem overly tanky causing missions to grind on way too long. Does anyone with experience with it know if it changes as you go up in tonnage/skulls?

Oh yeah

Early game is the hardest because of the ten billion light mechs with max evasion, but that drops off fast, and almost everything has an XL engine so just pop a side and you win. Take full advantage of your beacon support (especially fighter beacons, they're brokenly strong), slap down mines to gently caress up movement and heat levels, artillery strike whatever, then mop up with your big boy weapons

My current favorites in my lances are the LAM Stinger that just aerial jumpkicks everyone to death I assume, what should be a very lovely omni scout except the heavy aoe flamers just melt everyone, a Marauder with double RAC5s and six SLs that somehow doesn't explode, my old-rear end prop plane that just shits mines all over and hauls my uparmored power armor teams around when I bring them, and a Royal Crusader that vomits about 40 SRMs and some heavy lasers onto things

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 20, 2022

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
LAMs are wonderful fun - pop up into LoS and charge turrets from max range for one-shot -headbutt kills.

I've been watching Blaen's Roger Tech videos lately - he's pubstomping flashpoints, just to show what the FP is like - and the one I watched last night featured his massively-cheesed Wasp. LAM Booster 90%, 11 LAM turbines, "oh, here, let me casually show you the capabilities" <hits the map edge before running out of flight range, with 16 pips of evasion>. Didn't look at the armor, not even sure it's actually got a weapon onboard, but that's absolutely the build for 2-turn Solaris CTF matches - easy money.

All his loving railguns, and (I'm assuming) new superheavies (or at least ones I never saw before savebreak), plus all the goddamn RTO Legend and Manei Domini pilots... I have the gut feeling he grinds the living dogshit out of RTO to get all that. "Oh, here's the mission where you face the Kirov Assault Blimp at 300 tons, let's game the mission so new blimps keep spawning and see if I can kill four...". (He did. loving railguns. <jealousy intensifies>)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A friend of mine found a Battletech starter kit in a store somewhere so I guess that's what I'm doing this weekend lol

Most of them are used to Gundam instead so this should be fun

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I've tried doing a Career a dozen times on Iron man and finally got some heavy mechs. Only NOW all the Flashpoints available to me are Light Only. Does that mean I need 4 mechs of less than 35 tons, or one mech of 35 tons and whatever else I want to bring?

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

Comstar posted:

I've tried doing a Career a dozen times on Iron man and finally got some heavy mechs. Only NOW all the Flashpoints available to me are Light Only. Does that mean I need 4 mechs of less than 35 tons, or one mech of 35 tons and whatever else I want to bring?

so, I can't speak to all the light flashpoints but most seem to limit mechs to around 50-55 tons.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Can I pause a Flashpoint mission chain? I just barely survived the last mission and now the Black Widow shows up out of nowhere and I need another 100 tons of Mech I do not yet own yet. Do I need to do the next mission in the chain in a time limit, or will it wait for me to get back?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
If it's the one I'm thinking of, you only need 75-tonners at most, max drop weight 240.

If it's Hourglass or Standoff (planets Appian or Mantharaka, respectively), it'd be *nice* to have heavier stuff, but not required. If someone left you a gift box of junk, there should be something big in it (or enough parts to build it).

If it's the final battle (part II of Standoff), let them fight, vulch the survivors. :unsmigghh: You spawn right next to a big terrain feature you can hide behind.

Also, if you're playing vanilla, you can't loot the Really Nice Big-Name NPC mechs, so just core 'em.

As for letting it sit, I *think* there's an unlisted 90-day time limit, but I can't remember for certain.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

First time I ran that my heaviest was a Marauder, the rest of my lance was meh heavies like an Orion/Quickdraw (can't remember exactly), and an Assassin with a COIL-L.

Luckily I had a Gauss rifle on my Marauder, unluckily it's impossible to headshot mechs on that mission. I managed to call shots and leg them. It was hairy and I barely made it, but I made it.

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

Comstar posted:

Can I pause a Flashpoint mission chain? I just barely survived the last mission and now the Black Widow shows up out of nowhere and I need another 100 tons of Mech I do not yet own yet. Do I need to do the next mission in the chain in a time limit, or will it wait for me to get back?

Definitely for this one let it sit and the Black Widow and Bounty Hunter will duke it out and you can pick off any survivors.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
I forgot about this fun game but remembered and came back to it. Completing a custom Flashpoint right now where I'm getting rid of a Black Market on Tiverton. It'll nuke my pirate relations for a time, but they were pretty high, so I figure I can get back in their good graces after a while.

jadebullet posted:

Well things just went a bit tits up in Roguewar.

For a breakdown of events so far, the map this season is a post Jihad map with the Republic of the Sphere being a legitimate faction and Comstar starting as exiled.

Comstar, right out of the gate, became bloated with around 3x as many players as any other faction due to being the choice for the Russian Speaking Community. (A large group of Russian players) Their initially stated goal was to blitz Terra and they began pushing quickly through Kuritan territory.

Well, not being a fan of a hoard essentially demanding that the cool new faction stand down to their demands, my faction(Liao) and Davion formed an alliance with the Republic and managed to legitimately hold off the Comstar invasion, with some members of our group splitting off to revive Kurita.

Comstar sued for peace, got pissed at our demands to renounce their claim on Terra and then imploded, with some of their leadership stepping down, and the Russians splitting off to do their own thing in former Marik space.

This split resulted in the former Marik factions wanting to stop their resettlement. As such, the Andurians decided to join the alliance, but only against the Russian sector. We agreed. This lasted for 4 days. During which time, the Andurians pushed up north, then floundered in their attack, which they blamed on Liao for not pushing with them, despite us repeatedly explaining our battle plan of ensuring we had proper fortifications as we advanced.

Also during this time, there was the beginning of discussions of a temporary ceasefire with the Russians in order to separate the Russian part of Comstar from the English Speaking part via a Liao buffer zone, as the Russians teuely wanted to be separate.

Andurians caught wind of this and blew up. During this time it was discovered that they were secretly taking with the English speaking side of Comstar which further exacerbated discussions, resulting in us stating that they can peacefully leave the alliance, and them declaring war on Liao instead.

Truly it is a great time to be playing Rogue War. Grinding trench warfare in the east, backstabbing and treachery in the west.

This is beyond cool.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I made a promise to myself that if I hit the Billion dollar Mega Millions that I would do my best to fund a Stellaris-type Succession Wars game. There's just so much potential in the Battletech universe for that type of game.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

I forgot about this fun game but remembered and came back to it. Completing a custom Flashpoint right now where I'm getting rid of a Black Market on Tiverton. It'll nuke my pirate relations for a time, but they were pretty high, so I figure I can get back in their good graces after a while.

I wrote that one! Let me know what you liked and what could have been done better. What path did you end up taking and why?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Amechwarrior posted:

I wrote that one! Let me know what you liked and what could have been done better. What path did you end up taking and why?

Well, the first time I tried it I decided to accept Muscles' offer after Mission 3 because it was a free Atlas II, but then I felt really bad from Yang berating me, saying we'd have a talk later. Also, I don't know if the Muscles guy is telling the truth about rigging all of his mechs to asplode.

Since I usually like to play nice guys, so when I run it a second time I'll go after the Muscle.

Overall, first mission was probably the toughest.After trying and failing twice (Well, by failing I mean losing SLDF tech) I finally slow-walked around to the back so I could kill the garrison first, then take out the turrets without return fire. Other missions were tough but fair.

Only other thought I had was that since a lot of the campaign missions are consecutive, it was a challenge to be able to finish them, as with kids and masters school, I just didn't have much time to do back-to-back hour long missions before bed. But I get the purpose of them for storyline, so I'm not complaining.

Cool job overall, if you ever do any other campaigns I'd love to try them.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 30, 2022

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Cool job overall, if you ever do any other campaigns I'd love to try them.

Thanks! "Tough but fair" is the best response you can give. The "I felt bad for being berated" is also great. It was hard to balance doing the right thing vs the profitable one. As for the time commitment, I agree. This started as 5 consecutive missions, a real grinder. I also have kids, had a newborn at the time I wrote this and it was too much. I'd wouldn't do a triple consecutive again, but I kept it as it fit the brutal grind of the film I took the title from. I help a lot of other people make FPs and try to prevent them from making the same mistakes. 3+ consecutive missions is a really common "I want to write a FP!" creator desire. I get it, but I learned it doesn't respect the players time.

As for 'Mechs rigged to explode. Yes, you won't be able to salvage those specific chassis but you still can salvage the weapons and equipment. I didn't want the player to get AS7-II chassis parts as it would have spoiled the impact of your choice. Turns out HBS added a flag to deny a chassis from appearing on salvage lists. One of the many happy accidents I found when learning how to put these together.

I have another one laid out, but I hit some brick walls with what I wanted to do with it and life got in the way. Thanks for the feedback!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I'm up to day 500 or so of a career - got 4 assaults if I want to take them...but goddamm am I tired of going up against entire Mech Companies with a single lance. I am destroying entire Mech Battalions and I feel like I could use the same numbers some time.

Is there a mod group lets me take more than 4 mechs at a time?

edit- Huh, I then find about Battletech Advanced 3062 (BTA) which sounds like exactly what I need.

edit edit- Uh.....MAYBE that's a bit too much. Just watched 2 Urbanmech's make fun of my entire company. In the tutorial. And that with 2 signal boosters, a painter, a NARC beacon and 6 mechs in total on THE HIGH GROUND. Hitting with a ERPPC at 90% to hit and the Urbi just walks away without showing anything.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 31, 2022

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
BTA has a bit of a learning curve, and the hit chances are a lot lower than in Base Game, so you wanna take advantage of every bonus you can. High ground, flanking/rear shots, and especially early on, using melee. Kicking is a bit risky since if you miss, you stagger yourself, but if you hit the enemy gets auto-staggered and loses all their evasion pips. Also try to pick up some pilots with Sensor Lock early on, and at least one person with Target Prediction, so you can strip evasion pips/give bonus to hit to your company.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Comstar posted:

I'm up to day 500 or so of a career - got 4 assaults if I want to take them...but goddamm am I tired of going up against entire Mech Companies with a single lance. I am destroying entire Mech Battalions and I feel like I could use the same numbers some time.

Is there a mod group lets me take more than 4 mechs at a time?

edit- Huh, I then find about Battletech Advanced 3062 (BTA) which sounds like exactly what I need.

edit edit- Uh.....MAYBE that's a bit too much. Just watched 2 Urbanmech's make fun of my entire company. In the tutorial. And that with 2 signal boosters, a painter, a NARC beacon and 6 mechs in total on THE HIGH GROUND. Hitting with a ERPPC at 90% to hit and the Urbi just walks away without showing anything.

When taking on a larger group you have to pick one flank and roll it up on them. Make them react to you and get a fast mech or two into their back arcs. If you start with a Hermes II you can drop the AC for a PPC and cripple most mechs with a short to the rear torso.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Does anyone have an opinion on this custom flashpoint, "The Big Deal"? Looks interesting but not sure if I trust the "40 new mechs" thing,
https://discourse.modsinexile.com/t/the-big-deal-add-on-for-battletech-extended-3025-3061/631

Also, I'm thinking about doing a higher difficulty on BEX. What are your thoughts on Simulation and Simulation+? Any things to really keep in mind on them?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
The Big Deal is a campaign of linked flashpoints, like the Heavy Metal DLC. Other than that, I've no idea - looks like a fair amount of changes are involved, though, and I have no BEX experience so I can't say if it's a good thing or not.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are there new flashpoints in BTA? I haven't really been looking at them

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

RBA Starblade posted:

Are there new flashpoints in BTA? I haven't really been looking at them

There's a few although I can't remember them offhand.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Question about the Orion Factory Mission, where 2 Orions can show up unexpectedly to ruin your day.. Is this a random chance every time you start the mission, or is whether they'll show up or not pre-determined before you even start the mission? I see the mission on the planet I'm on and want them early Orions, but I've reloaded twice and both times Yang says Good thing we're attacking now, a couple more days and they would have had Orions on-line.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
It's determined beforehand: there are two near-identical contracts, one that lives in DestroyBase_FactoryRecall.json and one that's in DestroyBase_FactoryRecall_Alt.json. Once you see what contracts are available on a planet, it's already decided whether the Orions will be there. You can usually distinguish multiple-version contracts like this from each other in advance by using subtle differences in the contract description or what your staff says about them. The version with Orions will use the phrase “simple, or it could be terrifying” while the one without uses “trivial or terrifying”.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

That's the mission you bring your Marauder to and come back from with 2 free Orions.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Wasn't sure where to put this, but I figured that folks here are the biggest fans of HBS.

We've mentioned the "horror game" they were working on in the past. Today, they tweeted this:

We're looking for a Producer!!
You'll join our production team midway through development of a new turn-based tactical combat game. If you are a thoughtful collaborator who enjoys working with a highly creative and talented team and supporting smooth and predictable outcomes, we'd love to talk with you.

Not sure if this is the same game as the horror game previously mentioned (if so, it's almost guaranteed a World of Darkness game), or a new game.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Well I went to another planet and got the Factory destroy mission with the 2 suprise Orions. Now that I know how to maneuver and take advantage of rear arcs, the two orions at the end were a piece of cake. New Orion and 2/3rds of a Wolverine in my stable now. :toot:

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Hey guys, bit of a call to arms for RogueWar's online game.

Due to drama and toxicity I ended up assassinating my in game character of the Chancellor of Liao via RP and focused entirely on roleplay for about a month.

Anyway, recently revived Clan Jade Falcon for RP purposes and it has been going well with the faction starting to pull in players who wither want to RP, or who need a break from the burnout of the various wars and drama. ut apparently there are two players who are being pissy about Jade Falcon existing again and are planning to jump factions just to remove the faction again while we are facing a -25 influence malus. Attempts to contact them via DM are met with then whining in their discord despite their own faction not even liking them apparently.

So if there are any goons playing Roguewar and are merc or interested in assisting a fellow good, can you take Jade Falcon mercenary contracts or rep Jade Falcon? It would be greatly appreciated.

For you mercs out there, I will be posting a bunch of contracts tomorrow. Good money.

Edit: just to identify myself, I am "Teatime Titan" on discord. I'm the one spamming my stupid stream of consciousness short stories about dropping asteroids on planets and conspiracies in the RP section.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 13, 2022

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I joined the Rogue War discord once and looked at the whole vetting thing and just ended up super confused.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Does it require an introductory post in GBS?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Yeah apparently there was a big toxic blowup in the original season 2 so now you need to become vetted.

You just have to post a bit in. The discord for a few days to prove you're not an rear end in a top hat and then you will become vetted.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The one thing I always said about Battletech is "man I wish the user experience was more like EVE Online"

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Hey if it's like EVE, jadebullet could you vouch me in?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Hey if it's like EVE, jadebullet could you vouch me in?

Yeah, just hit me up on discord and I will put in a good word with the mods about your vetting.

It's kinda like Eve, with diplomacy and different factions and such, but the gameplay is actually fun. XD

I'm [Anubis] TeaTime Titan on the Roguewar discord if you want to @ me in the vetting section. Then you will just need to ally with Jade Falcon in game, post a screenshot of your alliance status in the role sign-up area and I will get you added to the faction and the fight.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 13, 2022

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is there any pvp involved in RT? It's a shame how the multiplayer section was basically dead on arrival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

RBA Starblade posted:

Is there any pvp involved in RT? It's a shame how the multiplayer section was basically dead on arrival

Sort of. It's not direct PVP, but more of a macro strategic PVP.

When you complete a mission against the AI for your faction it generates influence for your faction on the system you are on. If your faction has 60% influence on a system, your faction owns that system. Influence can go up to 300%. There are also modifiers to how much influence you gain based on surrounding controlled systems with a range of -25% to +25%. Unfortunately, as Jade Falcon were wiped out earlier this season, I have been reviving them but until we have control of 5 planets, we have a -20 modifier to our influence and Wolf has +20 against us.

Also some of your unclaimed salvage goes to your faction exclusive shop so you can purchase it, and if you control factory worlds they generate items for your shop. Each faction also has a black market that anyone can buy off of, and this contributes to a factions Black Market ability. When that reaches 100% from other factions buying your poo poo, the ability goes off. This can be an influx of 9 million cbills for Jade Falcon, stealth parts for Liao, or a massive defensive bonus for Republic of the Sphere