Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

kill me now posted:

That's not how most people use cruise control.

If traffic is light enough to use conventional cruise control you don't need to have your foot ready to slam on the brakes at a moments notice. If you need to be able to hit the brakes instantaneously then you shouldn't have cruise on.

In some weather conditions, I actually do like to use cruise, set at a weather-appropriate speed, precisely because it allows me to drive with my foot poised over the brake pedal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua2hsuUa4Tk

Some infos on the euro spec civic type R

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
I saw a new Integra in the parking lot of Home Depot yesterday. I thought it was a TSX or a TL as I drove by. I went back for a second look because I thought I saw "Integra" molded into the front bumper cover and I wanted to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. My eyes weren't lying. It really was a big-rear end Integra.

No wonder its slow, its at least two size classes bigger than the Integra of our memories.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
It's closer to the Civic than ever before though - the older ones were half a size up over the Civic whereas the new ones are about the same

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

carry on then posted:

Oh hey, that's the road I see them on too. It's just flat enough to make people think they can plant their foot in one position and forget about it and just hilly enough to call them out on it.

I guess there is a counter-argument that it's better for people on 52 not to use cruise control, because I have never seen a road more prone to having people pull out into traffic that's moving at 75 MPH.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

More plz, industry. More fun EVs.

https://twitter.com/CNETCars/status/1556809730441494528?t=LJxC5rxlVJ9scofFXEXA-w&s=19

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Looks cool but their range estimates are a fantasy.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Looks cool but their range estimates are a fantasy.

If you forgo any creature comfort and crash security, your vehicle will get crazy light and you will be able to go far easily with just a trickle of battery power.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

SlowBloke posted:

If you forgo any creature comfort and crash security, your vehicle will get crazy light and you will be able to go far easily with just a trickle of battery power.

At 30mph maybe but not at normal speeds

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

dissss posted:

At 30mph maybe but not at normal speeds

It's a Manx buggy, it would be uncharacteristic to go faster than 80kph. The tech sheets says 40kwh battery and 200hp engines, if they limit speeds at 60-80kph and it doesn't weight too much, it can be done.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

SlowBloke posted:

This is why Audi are 'recycling' their old battery packs by putting them in tuk tuks. Even reduced range or damaged packs can be somewhat salvaged and put to good use. EVs should be smaller and simpler and every time I see an enormous, heavy, luxurious one with a single person in it I roll my eyes.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SlowBloke posted:

If it doesn't meet safety standards tho (it won't) it can't be registered as a car, it will have to be registered like a golf cart or a motorcycle or something.

It looks cool but if you get T boned in that thing you're hosed.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Applebees Appetizer posted:

If it doesn't meet safety standards tho (it won't) it can't be registered as a car, it will have to be registered like a golf cart or a motorcycle or something.

It looks cool but if you get T boned in that thing you're hosed.

AFAIK Manx Buggies were as sturdy and safe as a golf cart in their original kit form(they were all fiberglass and only a few steel part), nothing to race the dakar in. Only a very limited number were registered as car.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SlowBloke posted:

AFAIK Manx Buggies were as sturdy and safe as a golf cart in their original kit form(they were all fiberglass and only a few steel part), nothing to race the dakar in. Only a very limited number were registered as car.

I still see some of the older ones around here (Florida), they are registered as cars but it's because they are old classics. But there are golf carts and Slingshots (registered as motorcycles) driving around here everywhere as well so it's not like it would stop anyone from driving a new Manx it will just have to be registered as a "low speed vehicle" like the golf carts are and then they just drive faster than they are supposed to and everywhere they're not supposed to anyways it's loving joke really

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 9, 2022

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

SlowBloke posted:

The originals were on a steel typ1 VW pan. They may not race dakar but they will do a baja 1000 just fine. They're a stronger than you think however against a 5 ton humv-e... probably not.
Looks like its using a VW beam(front suspension) but that's about it. Doesn't look like the pan or original swingaxle/irs made it through their redesign.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
There is probably some kind of loophole if they sell it as some kind of kit.

On paper, it seems like an electric kit car would be somewhat simpler to assemble than an IC kit car. Probably more dangerous in some steps, but simpler.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

It's not a loophole.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/03/nhtsa-finalizes-low-volume-turnkey-replica-car-manufacturing-rule/

It is now legal to produce up to 325 replica vehicles a year.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

cursedshitbox posted:

The originals were on a steel typ1 VW pan. They may not race dakar but they will do a baja 1000 just fine. They're a stronger than you think however against a 5 ton humv-e... probably not.

I would happily ban all cars over a certain weight if it meant we got cool little things like this.

*edit: inb4 "but I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed an enormous truck to go to the shops!"

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

McTinkerson posted:

It's not a loophole.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/03/nhtsa-finalizes-low-volume-turnkey-replica-car-manufacturing-rule/

It is now legal to produce up to 325 replica vehicles a year.

need to find a drat shop and get it up and running.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I would happily ban all cars over a certain weight if it meant we got cool little things like this.

*edit: inb4 "but I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed an enormous truck to go to the shops!"

Not happening. Not in the us anyway. GM and Michelin won that war 70 years ago.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SlowBloke posted:

If this were true electric motorcycles wouldn’t have such poo poo range at even modest highway speeds. The Energica Ego+ has a larger battery than the base model Manx and it’s only rated for 112 miles at 55mph. I don’t think weighing 3 times as much, having oversized off-road tires, and non-existent aero is going to help the range any.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 9, 2022

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

cursedshitbox posted:

Not happening. Not in the us anyway. GM and Michelin won that war 70 years ago.

Y'all have guns. Make it happen.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-ford-bronco-sport-heritage-editions-first-look-review/

yyyyyyyup

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

The new bronco just doesn't do anything for me at all. Absolutely nothing. I thought I'd like them too.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
That loving owns

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The wheels on the bronco sport though.

What was the last car sold with white painted wheels?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

fknlo posted:

The new bronco just doesn't do anything for me at all. Absolutely nothing. I thought I'd like them too.

The more I look at it the more it looks like a child's toy version of a car. Like a Tonka or something, a caricature. I do dig the two tone and white steels though.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I appreciate retro throwback appearance packages, I just wish manufacturers would try to come up with a new iconic look for the modern era rather than eternally look back to the last time they made anything that wasn't a single uniform color in the most non-offensive hues.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Powershift posted:

You could get the Camaro with painted steelies for ages, right?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The more I look at it the more it looks like a child's toy version of a car. Like a Tonka or something, a caricature. I do dig the two tone and white steels though.

Welcome to understanding truck/SUV styling that appeals to the most fragile and propagandized people on earth

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

How will people know I'm a tough warrior if the letters on my grille aren't 4 feet tall??

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Round headlights. How long before we see angry eye Broncos?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Good* news!

*entirely predictable

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Has anyone done googly eyes yet?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Powershift posted:

Had to be something with WRC style wheels fairly recently, right? I can't remember a specific car though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Integra Type R in the US from twenty years ago. I think Porsche will do it too if you pay for fancy paint options.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

I don't know if it's the depth of field of the photo or what, but the truck in this picture looks like it should have a Tamiya kit number.

That being said, my only change would be an optional chrome grille to replace the white. Other than that, :discourse:.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

Aren't the Land Rover Defender steel wheels white?

Edit: meant Defender

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

With those white wheels and red Ford badging they really should make Ford Tractor Blue one of the colour options.

https://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/classic-ford-tractors-rally-at-blue-force-demo

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care

Powershift posted:

Audi A1 quattro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc_iYf3h5J0

I'm excited to see someone finally put the two on the same rubber. Still shakes out more or less how I expected; overall the Supra is still faster/nicer but the Z is still plenty fun even if Nissan had to cut a lot of corners.

The Z is finally up for configuration on Nissan's site too... Only 3 of the colors are $0 options: Black, Rosewood (dark red), and Gun Metal. Pretty lame.