Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
panamac anal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

bedpan posted:

The Rime will dry up and its failure will be ascribed to environmental regulations, unisex bathrooms, and immigration

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

gently caress c-spam shouldn't have gotten the contract to design the panama canal then

cspam private military defense and mining company

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Basic Poster posted:

"dead pigs don't fear boiling water" is my new life mantra

https://youtu.be/wgl-45gmoDE

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
Make your patches out of plastic so they stay in our environment forever

It's really good that we have defeated the planet actually. Shows how strong human is and aliens will fear our return

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

Make your patches out of plastic so they stay in our environment forever

It's really good that we have defeated the planet actually. Shows how strong human is and aliens will fear our return

A sign for eternity. Do not resurrect the Humans, for they are a curse.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
you just know that some dumbass octopus scientist is going to ignore that warning and do it anyway

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mameluke posted:

panamac anal

a man, a plan, an anus - Panama

Euronymous
Jul 19, 2022

Anyone else do trail angel stuff for thru hikers? I've met some really cool people that way. Lots of weirdos, in a good way!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Add another one to the pile

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1557570116749070343?t=vk-dCo-2nuyMnbohGdi9SQ&s=19

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the article posted:

Eric Wolff, a Royal Society research professor at the University of Cambridge, pointed to the study's analysis of how the East Antarctic ice sheet behaved during warm periods of the past and models for what may happen in the future.

"The good news is that if we keep to the 2 degrees of global warming that the Paris agreement promises, the sea level rise due to the East Antarctic ice sheet should be modest," Wolff wrote in a commentary on the JPL study.

Failure to curb greenhouse gas emissions, however, would risk contributing "many meters of sea level rise over the next few centuries," he said

hmm

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Euronymous posted:

Anyone else do trail angel stuff for thru hikers? I've met some really cool people that way. Lots of weirdos, in a good way!

Thru hiking is pretty good too. Minus the part where you’re shedding microplastics the whole way. But youre going to be shedding microplastics somewhere no matter what, so it may as well be along some footpath in a narrow section of woods.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Guess the image: collapsing ice shelves, or cancer cells caused by microplastics and pfoas

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

look doomailures, we don't need to worry about climate change anymore because some pieces of paper say the bad stuff won't happen

this reverse millenarian poo poo is so loving out there

just the inverse of "the bible code says the world will end this year"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
History shows
again and again
how nature points out
the folly of men
GODZILLA

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i was on vacation recently and after probably 10+ hours of driving in rural ontario total i think there was maybe 10 dead bugs splattered on my car. probably the only insects i saw in any abundance were houseflies and mosquitos, the latter only when i was deep in the woods.

also i walked an alpaca which was neat and i ended up talking to the farmer about all the species of animals and plants that will die off if when humans are not around anymore to care for them, like alpacas and corn

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i thought about that and this thread while i took a trip out east a couple of weeks ago. bugs constantly splattered across the windshield actually, which surprised me but was cool

if you're seeing a lot of mosquitos there's a lot of other insects there, too, you just aren't seeing them because they're biting you. i think i've decided blackflies are worse than mosquitos, though, i don't typically see blood from mosquitos lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cold on a Cob posted:

someone else did a better one than i did but not going back to find it

gently caress u

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Doom stocks appear to be doing well:

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
forecasting a bearish trend on mass extinction, support level appears to be 103f

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Pack it up doomailures. We are saved.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1555530578375725065

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

mediaphage posted:

i think i've decided blackflies are worse than mosquitos, though, i don't typically see blood from mosquitos lol
oh, gods yes. I will sometimes go out into the garden in mosquito season, realize I am unprotected, and just deal with getting a bunch of bites which generally are itchy for an hour or two and not awful by the time I'm done working and have taken a shower.

If I see a single loving blackfly, I put painters tape over my orifices and have my wife dangle me by my heels into a vat of DEET, achilles style.

The world is totally loving fixated on carbon and it seems to me that even if we could somehow make that not a problem we'd still be nearly as hosed by the resource overruns that are creating the carbon.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol it’s like they looked at where 95% performance is on this chart and went with that

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Cup Runneth Over posted:

gently caress u

:glomp: mass extinction event pals 4 lyfe

lol can you imagine if they asked north americans to do this?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Cabbages and Kings posted:

oh, gods yes. I will sometimes go out into the garden in mosquito season, realize I am unprotected, and just deal with getting a bunch of bites which generally are itchy for an hour or two and not awful by the time I'm done working and have taken a shower.

If I see a single loving blackfly, I put painters tape over my orifices and have my wife dangle me by my heels into a vat of DEET, achilles style.

The world is totally loving fixated on carbon and it seems to me that even if we could somehow make that not a problem we'd still be nearly as hosed by the resource overruns that are creating the carbon.

Topsoil depletion getting, like, zero thrift is the really big bad one.

Cold on a Cob posted:

:glomp: mass extinction event pals 4 lyfe

lol can you imagine if they asked north americans to do this?

They didn't ask anyone but go off

hekaton
Jan 5, 2022

sure wish i could understand what the hell was going on with my life
so i could be properly upset when things happen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

youtube gamer channels are getting into tesla skepticism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoyVfNmfAgc

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

tardigrave

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

you cant beat the deet

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Going out into my garden

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

:five:

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

The panama canal is only 82km so just nuke it enough times to make a big hole the dumb boats can float through

Then we can resurrect that 1960s plan to nuke Alberta. 1,500 nuclear devices should get the dilBit flowing!

"If nations follow through" is seriously load-bearing. +2.8o here we go!

mediaphage posted:

i thought about that and this thread while i took a trip out east a couple of weeks ago. bugs constantly splattered across the windshield actually, which surprised me but was cool

if you're seeing a lot of mosquitos there's a lot of other insects there, too, you just aren't seeing them because they're biting you. i think i've decided blackflies are worse than mosquitos, though, i don't typically see blood from mosquitos lol

I've done several trips through Manning Park in southern B.C. earlier this summer. Pretty much only required stops in Hope to scrape the windshield, the truck's wipers and washer fluid took care of the rest. I kind of wonder if there might be some selection process going on like you see for fish - fish them intensely in shallow water and they'll go deeper and you'll need to put extensions on your nets to catch them. If we were seeing an actual decrease in insect population we'd expect a decrease in songbirds as well and... oh.

:canada:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f389hIxZAOc

Masterful! If only gifs could be thread titles.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Real hurthling! posted:

youtube gamer channels are getting into tesla skepticism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoyVfNmfAgc

putting their production values to good use

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

History shows
again and again
how nature points out
the folly of men
GODZILLA

woo-ooooo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they should sell ev cars like cigarettes with graphic full body art of tens of thousands of enslaved congolese children pawing through the radioactive slag of a uranium mine to find carcinogenic cobalt as the required paintjob on all sales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
More ecological changes happening sooner than expected.

https://twitter.com/xr_cambridge/status/1557482944708714499?s=20&t=vvqq7pzakxBauOY5BytnXw