Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

drat horror queefs posted:

I don't think the ruling class actually cares if it gets there, so long as Lockheed Martin gets its yearly contracts renewed by ensuring the world stays armed and violent

The point has always been to flood the country with weapons to make it harder for Russia to control. If they get misplaced it doesn't really matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
make ukraine america NOW!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I agree, there's plenty of antisemitism and violent religious fundamentalism throughout Palestinian society. Nobody here would dream of justfying Israeli military campaigns which use that fact as a disingenuous cover for wreaking horrible violence and further entrenching ethnic blood feuds. It's not any better when Russia does it. It's not what you would do if you were trying to protect ethnic minorities from neighboring bigots, it's what you would do if you were trying to take their land!

Virtually every Ukranian Jew is much worse off than they were before the invasion. I don't think they were "sitting together with someone openly Nazi" any more than Black Americans are "sitting together with someone openly KKK" because they share a country with David Duke and Donald Trump. If you prioritize killing Nazis over defending the people who are threatened by Nazis, you're not an antifascist, you're just The Punisher

I'm sure all those dead people who were 'saboteurs' who just happened to be Jewish are better off, in the spiritual sense sure...

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Virtually every Ukranian Jew is much worse off than they were before the invasion. I don't think they were "sitting together with someone openly Nazi" any more than Black Americans are "sitting together with someone openly KKK" because they share a country with David Duke and Donald Trump. If you prioritize killing Nazis over defending the people who are threatened by Nazis, you're not an antifascist, you're just The Punisher

The Ukrainian government was sitting together with openly nazis though. That's what I was saying. Not most of the population, but the government. That's a serious problem no matter how you slice it. Is a government openly incorporating nazis justification for invasion? I find it difficult to categorically say no, not going to lie.

Was it the actual reason Putin had for the invasion? Also no. I am not under the delusion that Putin is a principled and committed antifascist.

Please do try to keep the loving Marvel Cinematic Universe out of these discussions though. That's some terminal lib poo poo.

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 16:03 on Aug 11, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
On this topic :hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1557743657398063110

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

The Ukrainian government was sitting together with openly nazis though. That's what I was saying. Not most of the population, but the government. That's a serious problem no matter how you slice it. Is a government openly incorporating nazis justification for invasion? I find it difficult to categorically say no, not going to lie.

An invasion that makes corpses and refugees of the people it's nominally supposed to protect, and has no potential to reduce right-wing extremism in the area, is not justified.

The insane Azov Batallion poo poo might be justification for some sort of violent uprising or invasion, but not anything like what's actually unfolding.

I'm not even trying to make a point about whether we should give them guns or whatever, just that people in Ukraine obviously don't deserve getting invaded because their military, like pretty much every western military, institutionally harbors right-wing extremists

Orange Devil posted:

Please do try to keep the loving Marvel Cinematic Universe out of these discussions though. That's some terminal lib poo poo.

What are you talking about?

Not as familiar with their situation because I'm not Roma and don't have Ukranian Roma family. Have their safety and standard of living improved as a result of the Russian invasion?

Civilized Fishbot has issued a correction as of 16:22 on Aug 11, 2022

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

things that arent going to happen...

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

Lol, the head of Putin's pet international war crimes squad literally has Nazis tattoos. Which means that Nazis are a hell of a lot closer to the head of the table in Russia than in Ukraine. Which means that giving Ukraine weapons is the actual anti-Nazi act. But you don't actually give a poo poo about Nazis, you're just looking for reasons to excuse Russian war crimes.

https://twitter.com/SameralAtrush/status/1365746097117921288/photo/1

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

thekeeshman posted:

Lol, the head of Putin's pet international war crimes squad literally has Nazis tattoos. Which means that Nazis are a hell of a lot closer to the head of the table in Russia than in Ukraine. Which means that giving Ukraine weapons is the actual anti-Nazi act. But you don't actually give a poo poo about Nazis, you're just looking for reasons to excuse Russian war crimes.

the hot takes are coming from inside the thread

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

thekeeshman posted:

i guess that's true if ukraine is using himars to bomb their pows

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm all those official NATO photos of Ukrainian soldiers with Nazi symbols on their uniforms

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

the hot takes are coming from inside the thread

Nothing hot about it, it's always been obvious who the real Nazis were, whether you remain in denial is up to you.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

thekeeshman posted:

Nothing hot about it, it's always been obvious who the real Nazis were, whether you remain in denial is up to you.

People I disagree with on social media?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's always fun how conversations about "Wagner Group' never mention they're an unofficial western media umbrella for basically any PMC and always manage to use the same like three guys' pictures as proof.

I mean, sure, if you need me to say it I hope those guys die screaming too, gently caress em, but it does feel a bit of a false comparison between them and Ukraine officially empowering literal nazi brigades to become major forces in the armed forces, and constantly praising literal nazis like Bandara as national heroes.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

thekeeshman posted:

I am gonna stick to my guns and say we should not prop up or arm this guy either :shrug:

thekeeshman posted:

the ~~~ REAL ~~~ nazis :hmmyes:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flesh Forge posted:

I am gonna stick to my guns and say we should not prop up or arm this guy either :shrug:

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

thekeeshman posted:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1512639304530632711/pu/vid/640x360/KgyFvzHgAZD8XQkl.mp4?tag=12
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1500466529401335808/pu/vid/480x270/HBemUnhEXiZPw86B.mp4?tag=12

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

thekeeshman posted:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

so as we can see, some people are completely OK with nazis as long as they're OUR nazis :hmmyes:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
why are all the d&d posters in this thread now

get out

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

get out

It's a special operation to denazify the thread

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

It's a special operation to denazify the thread

how do you feel about Bandara?

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

tokin opposition posted:

get out

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

Got what was coming to him

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Being celebrated as a Ukrainian hero?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

thekeeshman posted:

Lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

so as we can see, some people are completely OK with nazis as long as they're OUR nazis :hmmyes:

Really cuz that's sort of the opposite of what I'm seeing with these responses

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

thekeeshman posted:

everybody involved?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The problem with the liberal framing of Nazis as always being deserving of having violence used against them, up to and including state international intervention, is that the lack of any further background or nuance means that you HAVE to paint any and every official enemy as being The Next Hitler, and as a corollary deny that the side you're supporting has fascists in them

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

what did he get? A national song about him sung in parliament?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
he got murdered by soviets, the only correct ending of a nazi's story

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gradenko_2000 posted:

The problem with the liberal framing of Nazis as always being deserving of having violence used against them, up to and including state international intervention, is that the lack of any further background or nuance means that you HAVE to paint any and every official enemy as being The Next Hitler, and as a corollary deny that the side you're supporting has fascists in them
Is that why there are so many people who are anti-Ukraine in C-SPAM?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

unwantedplatypus posted:

Being celebrated as a Ukrainian hero?

sexpig by night posted:

what did he get? A national song about him sung in parliament?

He got killed by a KGB hero as he deserved. don't be weirdos

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

He got killed by a KGB hero as he deserved. don't be weirdos

you get that the problem is the Ukrainian government builds monuments to him and praises him as a national hero, right? Don't be intentionally obtuse.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

you get that the problem is the Ukrainian government builds monuments to him and praises him as a national hero, right? Don't be intentionally obtuse.

Yeah that's evil poo poo, just like America with all our white supremacist founding fathers

Just don't think it means that all the Jews, Roma, and ethnic Ukranians should forced off the land at gunpoint which is what's happening over there now

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
You're the loving weirdo dude. You want us to what, take visceral pleasure in this man's death while ignoring the fact that his legacy is alive and well and affecting politics to this day?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yeah that's evil poo poo, just like America with all our white supremacist founding fathers

Just don't think it means that all the Jews, Roma, and ethnic Ukranians should forced off the land at gunpoint which is what's happening over there now

MOTHERFUCKER IT HAPPENED UNDER ZELENSKI TOO YOU DUMB BITCH THAT'S THE POINT! THIS IS NAZI ON NAZI VIOLENCE WHO GIVES A poo poo????

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Is that why there are so many people who are anti-Ukraine in C-SPAM?

You start from the absolutely correct position that there is in practice nothing the US can do that will make the situation better and then gradually mix in a desire to own your posting enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

unwantedplatypus posted:

You're the loving weirdo dude. You want us to what, take visceral pleasure in this man's death while ignoring the fact that his legacy is alive and well and affecting politics to this day?

I didn't say poo poo about him until someone asked. I don't care about him personally, it's bad that he's still a national hero, to me that doesn't mean that, e.g., hundreds of Holocaust survivors should be made to flee Ukraine for the second time

sexpig by night posted:

MOTHERFUCKER IT HAPPENED UNDER ZELENSKI TOO YOU DUMB BITCH THAT'S THE POINT! THIS IS NAZI ON NAZI VIOLENCE WHO GIVES A poo poo????

Pretty sure the Ukranian Jews are not Nazis. idk maybe Rosh Hashanah in Uman is actually a Nazi rally in disguise, I've never been