Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I haven't played Septimus yet but most of the modlists I've played have a bazillion character creation options that might make adjusting the skin tone or finding vanilla hair less obvious. When I made a darker skinned Dunmer in one of them if I adjusted the slider it never went very dark but if I custom designed a color I could make it as dark as I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Next time I play I'm going to turn all the color sliders to #000000 and play as an ipod commercial silhouette.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Holy poo poo Wabbajack :stwoon: I honestly never expected something like this to be made. Wildlander is basically 100% what I wanted for my survival game needs

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

With all these modlists I'm trying I decided to download the next one (Elysium remastered) to my mechanical hd but install to the ssd. I didn't realize the hashing takes forever on a spinning drive. It's been at it for hours and isn't halfway

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Don't a bunch of the regular/basegame hairstyles clash incredibly poorly with highpoly head?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

For multiple modlists you can set a common download folder, I have mine on an old 1tb hdd. Then install the lists to an ssd. A lot of these lists use the same mods so it can just use what you have downloaded already. Makes it go much faster.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

Don't a bunch of the regular/basegame hairstyles clash incredibly poorly with highpoly head?

Septimus doesn’t use high poly head.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

For multiple modlists you can set a common download folder, I have mine on an old 1tb hdd. Then install the lists to an ssd. A lot of these lists use the same mods so it can just use what you have downloaded already. Makes it go much faster.

Since it's putting .meta files in the download directory I'm hoping this hashing is a onetime thing for multiple modlists too then.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nope, you have to do it every time you want to play.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I have to reiterate that Lost Legacy is really cool. Of all the modlists I've tried (Elysium Remastered, Aldrnari, Constellation, Licentia) I think it does the best job of feeling like a fairly stable cohesive package while adding an absolute ton of stuff and completely changing the feel of Skyrim. I started a character as a mage already at Winterhold and I'm digging all the magic changes (new ward look is great). I'm not sure which mod really overhauls the college so it feels more like a magic school both in environment design and in the questing but it's very impressive.

I've also played a two handed heavy armor character and that character also worked well in the modlist due to the extensive combat animation improvements so it's a list that doesn't skew particularly to fighter or mage. I haven't checked a thief character but the readme doesn't say anything about nerfing stealth in the odd way Aldrnari does so they are probably fine. The expanded unarmed/unarmored trees would definitely allow for a kung fu thief.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

nine-gear crow posted:

So I guess there’s currently a thing going on on Nexus right now where some insecure fragile doof is uploading a bunch of mods that erase all the same-sex content from like the ability to marry someone of the same gender as the PC and that dead gay couple on Solstheim. He’s even moved on to creating patches that remove the gay content from other peoples mods like Interesting NPCs now too.

It’s caused a lot of people to go full mask off and endorse bigotry, including a couple of big name mod authors like IconicDeath and Wizkid (the Lanterns of Skyrim II guy). It’s fascinating to see just how homophobic the Skyrim modding community really is and how little prompting it takes to get them to confirm it.

A community founded around adding Waifu companions and turning all female NPCs into fertile bimbo slaves turned out to be full of incels. I could not have anticipated this turn of events.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Old One posted:

A community founded around adding Waifu companions and turning all female NPCs into fertile bimbo slaves turned out to be full of incels. I could not have anticipated this turn of events.

Of course you aren't surprised about a thing that literally happened in January when it is currently August.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
It's also not the first time someone made a low-effort troll mod that removed non-straight amulet of mara dialogues.:shrug:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:drat: Wildlander isn't loving around. Even on their easy mode, one good hit from a tough enemy and it's all over. There was a fortress I wanted to check out, but there were wizards on the ramparts who kept vapourizing my stupid rear end with what felt like heavy mortar fire.

I did manage to get a horse by running into a bandit camp, stealing the horse, then bonking everyone on the head Mount and Blade style. I don't know what caused it but getting back to Whiterun I realized the horse was considered mine now. He's a godsend inventory space is so tight

Decided to check out bleak falls barrow, the bandits were no issue, the spider was a MASSIVE issue that I had to plink away with arrows then hide in a corner and hope my health potions lasted longer than the poison in my bloodstream did. The draugr are just savagely whooping my rear end though so I'm just straight up leaving. I got the claw, have hundreds of smashed up iron fragments, I can call this a win for now

Danaru fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 7, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Can't you cheese the draugher with that spiked wall trap?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wanted to like Wildlander but having to walk around everywhere to avoid bottoming out on fatigue, combined with extremely slow fatigue regeneration kind of killed it for me. Also the guard AI being reworked to home in on you and follow you around if they see you sneaking at any point, which while realistic ended up just being frustrating for me lol

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Wildlander has the glaring problem of being based around Requiem, where nothing is fun until you've spent 5 hours crafting flutes out of firewood in Riverwood and you can't actually kill a Dragon unless you're using one of half a dozen highly optimized builds.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Skwirl posted:

Can't you cheese the draugher with that spiked wall trap?

I tried that but the draugr have thu'um and keep making me eat poo poo while they walk around the trap :saddumb: I don't have that many levels

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I haven't played wildlander but I installed an unlimited stamina out of combat for a modlist that empathized stamina management. It left combat stamina a big deal while not being tedious to move around the world

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Cheesed a wizard coven that put a rune on their gate by doinking them with arrows and hiding, eventually they got annoyed enough that they tried to open the door and blew themselves up :haw;

An interesting thing Wildlander adds: frostbite spiders can paralyze you now. Hot drat I hate that.

Got myself Lakeview Manor and learned that building actually takes an appropriate amount of time, spent a couple days just building, studying an alchemy book I found somewhere, and sleeping in my tent. For a game that makes combat so deadly that getting one-shot is pretty common, it can be super chill at times too :unsmith:

E: also I love that I can just cleave through an archer's bow and then they just have to go gently caress themselves

Danaru fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 11, 2022

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Bound weapon builds would be so much more feasible if the summoning animations were as (or at least almost as) fast as pulling out a regular regular ol' bit of metal. It's as if the devs were so focused on making you go "wow this looks cool" that they forgot you're supposed to use these things in combat.

Besides, the cool factor of rapidly summoning a blade out of thin air just in time to block a charging foe would be out of this world.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

They are if you use Ocato's Recital.

If you're not that's on you.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

They are if you use Ocato's Recital.

If you're not that's on you.

Nah I use the Recital for Dragonhide (+armor rating), Attunement (+max health), and Regeneration (+health regen). I'm mostly playing pure mage rn, with a sidearm for when I feel like getting physical.

I've heard Enderal has a bound weapon based subclass or something, sounded pretty neat, though it might just have been from an addon.

e: I told myself this was the playthrough I'd finally do the DLC and now, 250 hours later, I've got the "visited all the stones" achievement. 1100+ hours across LE & SE and all I've seen of either expansion is the entrance hall of the Dawnguard after LAL started me there during a testing session in 2014.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 11, 2022

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Introducing a mod that adds a Shadow of War like nemesis system

If you are killed you get a debuff, the killer gets a buff as well as a title and they can get your poo poo. You'll respawn and will have to go after them to get it back.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ThaumPenguin posted:

Nah I use the Recital for Dragonhide (+armor rating), Attunement (+max health), and Regeneration (+health regen). I'm mostly playing pure mage rn, with a sidearm for when I feel like getting physical.

I've heard Enderal has a bound weapon based subclass or something, sounded pretty neat, though it might just have been from an addon.

e: I told myself this was the playthrough I'd finally do the DLC and now, 250 hours later, I've got the "visited all the stones" achievement. 1100+ hours across LE & SE and all I've seen of either expansion is the entrance hall of the Dawnguard after LAL started me there during a testing session in 2014.

Dragonborn is the best part of Skyrim. Dawnguard is.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Precision is really cool. I'm running it along with MCO and other expanded animation/third person options and I can't get over how wildly different the combat feels.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

FuzzySlippers posted:

Precision is really cool. I'm running it along with MCO and other expanded animation/third person options and I can't get over how wildly different the combat feels.

gently caress, well, time to play Skyrim again. Combat being hitboxes mashing against each other is the sole reason I finally said goodbye to this game and now modders have fixed it. I have no excuse now, thank you.

Time to wait for a Wabbajack list that includes this mod.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Elysium and Aldrnari both use it. Although I would wait for an update for Aldrnari as a new one just came out and has some bugs.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Precision is really good though a friend on discord warned me that using a 2h weapon in some dungeons with really narrow passages was interesting because you’ll keep hitting the wall with your blade and get recoiled from it making it hard to fight.
Ershin seems a really cool person though and I love that they added options in the MCM for the Sweep perk so that it can still be useful.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Helith posted:

Precision is really good though a friend on discord warned me that using a 2h weapon in some dungeons with really narrow passages was interesting because you’ll keep hitting the wall with your blade and get recoiled from it making it hard to fight.

Finally, Skyrim with combat from Dark Souls.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Wiltsghost posted:

Elysium and Aldrnari both use it. Although I would wait for an update for Aldrnari as a new one just came out and has some bugs.

Which of these two is more faithful to lore? I prefer mods like that.

Helith posted:

Hah, yeah, I noticed this a long time ago. I legitimately like Skyrim's dungeons but they're really, really cramped.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

Which of these two is more faithful to lore? I prefer mods like that.

You mean more like vanilla? Elysium. The downside is that you need a pretty good pc to run it. It does look really nice though.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Wiltsghost posted:

You mean more like vanilla? Elysium. The downside is that you need a pretty good pc to run it. It does look really nice though.

Less "vanilla plus" and more "these mods would fit in the Elder Scrolls fiction." There was one Wabbajack modlist I saw a streamer playing that had Zelda poo poo in it and I wasn't a fan of that, though I don't know if it was the streamer's own addition or part of the list.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

Less "vanilla plus" and more "these mods would fit in the Elder Scrolls fiction." There was one Wabbajack modlist I saw a streamer playing that had Zelda poo poo in it and I wasn't a fan of that, though I don't know if it was the streamer's own addition or part of the list.

I would give Elysium a shot. Everything fits really well imo.

e: here's a list of all the mods in it if you wanted to look

https://loadorderlibrary.com/lists/elysium-remastered-19

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 13, 2022

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Leal posted:

Introducing a mod that adds a Shadow of War like nemesis system

If you are killed you get a debuff, the killer gets a buff as well as a title and they can get your poo poo. You'll respawn and will have to go after them to get it back.

My first thought on reading about this mod was "but your game is over when you die in Skyrim" and then I read you respawn. At this point I'd rather like a respawning option in Skyrim, for those unexpected sudden deaths that set you back a ways. Might check this out.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

That’s an optional separately downloaded addition to Septimus.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've decided to replay Skyrim for the first time in 5+ years. I finally have a capable rig (ryzen 3600x, 3070 ti), should i mess around with the ENBoost mentioned in the op? I also still have windows 10 fwiw

thanks thread

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Even if you don't need the performance increase, there are quite a bit of graphical mods that require enb, and a good preset can look amazing.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Wiltsghost posted:

I would give Elysium a shot. Everything fits really well imo.

e: here's a list of all the mods in it if you wanted to look

https://loadorderlibrary.com/lists/elysium-remastered-19

Thank you for the reco!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Ah gently caress, Elysium needs the Anniversary Edition. gently caress that, I already paid 5 bucks just for Nexus Premium, I'm not paying Todd his blood money. Aldrnari it is, then!