Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al-Saqr posted:

has Xi Jinping ever changed the expression on his face ever, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him have any other face other than that blank smile he always had, he should learn a thing or two from Kim Jong Un and have like a million super expressive faces depending on what he’s looking at. nothing will ever top the expression of pure joy Kim Jong UN had when he was looking at goop coming out of a tube.

he has three faces, neutral diplomat, happy paternal smile for state celebrations and PR visits, and disappointed dad who thinks you could have done better on that test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
Comrade Xi's a doer not a actor.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

sexpig by night posted:

he has three faces, neutral diplomat, happy paternal smile for state celebrations and PR visits, and disappointed dad who thinks you could have done better on that test

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

blessed rare 'just saw a guy wipe out while carrying a big tray of food' I assume

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
he was cheerier when he was younger. the job is rather stressful i presume

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this allusion meant posted:

he was cheerier when he was younger. the job is rather stressful i presume

probably has to put up with a lot more annoying tasks nowadays

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

he definitely has a disappointed dad look and a different actually pleased blank smile versus the politely bored blank smile. but yeah ccp leadership are famously inexpressive

Jiang Zemin is a pretty expressive guy despite how much of a perfect square he is, in fact I think he was the only CCP leader I could think of who had an actual public personality who wears what he thinks on his face

https://youtu.be/5GIj2BVJS2A

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

https://twitter.com/notXiangyu/status/1557706668305170432?s=20&t=W7veD_Pllhh_ViUbN0O0Kw

I love how people will say poo poo like this when they live in First World equivalent states like Taiwan or Japan. Bro YOU ARE THE WESTERN COMMUNIST.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

eastern communists, famous for not being idealistic.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I’m a third world Maoist.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/notXiangyu/status/1557706668305170432?s=20&t=W7veD_Pllhh_ViUbN0O0Kw

I love how people will say poo poo like this when they live in First World equivalent states like Taiwan or Japan. Bro YOU ARE THE WESTERN COMMUNIST.

Outside some of his North Korea/China videos this guy sucks.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Go look up the Xi Abe hand shake photo.

His rare "what the hell am I doing" face.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Outside some of his North Korea/China videos this guy sucks.

yea I like some of his videos but he's dumb as poo poo

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

stephenthinkpad posted:

How many of these are electric cars? I only know Chinese electric cars are making big gains in the oversea market. Haven't heard anything about the gas powered cars (old boys have too much patent protection).

I’m pretty sure an electric car would have higher fuel costs than an ICE car in Saudi Arabia

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

eSports Chaebol posted:

I’m pretty sure an electric car would have higher fuel costs than an ICE car in Saudi Arabia

also there is almost no electric car infrastructure here, no superchargers or anything, there’s a couple of teslas around but they have to charge it at home.

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
i don’t think xiangyu’s especially stupid he just has a very unusual inverted presentation of taiwanese reddit brain

i ain’t heard more than about thirty seconds of his raps tho, maybe there’s some opinions to be had there

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-china-tops-us-favorite-power-among-arabs-despite-challenges-1732321

China gonna start topping the US in more ways than one going forward

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

Well let's wait till they can top Taiwan, since Taipei is the top of the (global) north.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i don’t think xiangyu’s especially stupid he just has a very unusual inverted presentation of taiwanese reddit brain

i ain’t heard more than about thirty seconds of his raps tho, maybe there’s some opinions to be had there

I just wish these guys would have a single ounce of self awareness. Yes, western communists are idealistic, unserious, have no idea what is to be done and no path to political power. That's also you, dude. All you're doing is expressing a sentimentality online. Taiwan will only turn red with a full CPC takeover, not because you pragmatically exploited the contradictions by saying you will.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Independence-minded Somaliland

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

this is because China has a much more honest relationship with Arabs than america. America will talk about human rights and democracy but arm and support the most fascist backwards dictatorships and apartheid states and they actively destroyed every single effort Arabs have had in trying to reform and transition away from fascism.

at least China doesn’t pretend, they are simple, they want to sell products and don’t care who they do business with and aren’t hypocrites.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/Trinhnomics/status/1557258504372625408

long thread on india's demographic timebomb. tldr, huge informal low productivity labour force, also huge levels of unemployment, and huge levels of incoming unemployment as more kids come of age, not enough jobs being produced at nearly a fast enough rate (i appreciate that this lady's proposed solution is "LESS BUREAUCRACY AND RED TAPE" yeah that'll do it lmao).

this sounds like an excellent time to restart the assault on smallholding farmers, please do it Mr. Modi sir

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the us is by far the most violent and genocidal nation on the planet in the post ww2 era and no one is upset when people trade with it

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
imho with this + climate change + a government built on sectarianism india might be in for "not a good time"

their economic policy seems to be built on memes. demonetizing half the currency in circulation at once, trying to emulate the chinese/vietnamese model with large "make in india" sloganeering without doing any of the things that actually made it work in china (state control of the commanding heights and intervention in the economy at will, tightly enforced capital controls, enforced knowledge transfer sharing and ensuring local stakes in MNC projects, building up their own industrial and tech giants without letting foreign companies gobble them up, etc etc etc)

mila kunis has issued a correction as of 18:22 on Aug 11, 2022

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al-Saqr posted:

this is because China has a much more honest relationship with Arabs than america. America will talk about human rights and democracy but arm and support the most fascist backwards dictatorships and apartheid states and they actively destroyed every single effort Arabs have had in trying to reform and transition away from fascism.

at least China doesn’t pretend, they are simple, they want to sell products and don’t care who they do business with and aren’t hypocrites.

Like Trump, Xi understands hospitality and the significance of being humble before the orb

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
at a functional level america is just impossible for these states with stable leadership to make deals with, since they tend to expect deals to solve things on the scale of decades but actually in two years the next administration will overturn everything and totally change their attitude, and you can’t even get a straight answer about whether this is just posturing for domestic audiences. other high turnover electoral governments know the game since they’re all constantly in this state of deals forming and collapsing but some issues just require more lasting agreements that we seem unable to make because of the incentives of our system

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mila kunis posted:

https://twitter.com/Trinhnomics/status/1557258504372625408

long thread on india's demographic timebomb. tldr, huge informal low productivity labour force, also huge levels of unemployment, and huge levels of incoming unemployment as more kids come of age, not enough jobs being produced at nearly a fast enough rate (i appreciate that this lady's proposed solution is "LESS BUREAUCRACY AND RED TAPE" yeah that'll do it lmao).

this sounds like an excellent time to restart the assault on smallholding farmers, please do it Mr. Modi sir

I have proposed a fix to this earlier in this thread.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

India can take everything but the Sindhis, and then the Sindhis, Gujrathis, and Rajputs can have their own country of the most annoying type of desi.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

at a functional level america is just impossible for these states with stable leadership to make deals with, since they tend to expect deals to solve things on the scale of decades but actually in two years the next administration will overturn everything and totally change their attitude, and you can’t even get a straight answer about whether this is just posturing for domestic audiences. other high turnover electoral governments know the game since they’re all constantly in this state of deals forming and collapsing but some issues just require more lasting agreements that we seem unable to make because of the incentives of our system

eh to be honest if you’re a middle eastern fascist dictatorship client state of the US you’re going to be solidly backed no matter what as long as you lick American and Israeli boots, it’s the people who aren’t in that camp who can’t trust the US.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

is it still a thing where ridiculous microstates like Sealand recognize Taiwan because Taiwan will reciprocate? I wonder how many Kings of Bir Tawil recognize Taiwan

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ardennes posted:

Also, the big shift in “carbon reduction” in the states has been the shift from co2 production via coal to methane production via fracking, do a quick check on the effect methane has on climate change.

methane production in the US has been trending down for like 20 years at this point

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eSports Chaebol posted:

is it still a thing where ridiculous microstates like Sealand recognize Taiwan because Taiwan will reciprocate? I wonder how many Kings of Bir Tawil recognize Taiwan

Absolutely. Unrecognized states end up having to form their own clubs because being excluded from the "international community" necessitates it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i was gonna do some PS in some other thread but found this guy and im dying at the framing of tranquil bodhisattva trump

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Not fat enough.

Gotta go full Buddha imo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I've witnessed the wheel of Samsara as it turns endlessly through the cozmos, and folks let me tell you: I've seen better wheels before. Ok?

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
the lama said he would help me open my meridians, but he examined my spiritual flow and there were no meridians. it was americidians

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we'll have so much reincarnation, you'll get bored with the reincarnation

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

People always come up to me and say Mr. Bodhisattva Trump, thank you for remaining in the mortal plane to guide us to enlightenment. I wish I could give it all up, believe me! I used to have a great life sitting underneath the bodhi tree, before all this enlightenment stuff. I guess it's true what they say. It's about the journey and not the destination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

indigi posted:

methane production in the US has been trending down for like 20 years at this point

Yeah, the estimates of the methane that has been leaking from American fields isn’t good.