Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Seems bad for the big wet boi but I won’t believe he’ll suffer babby’s first consequence until he’s actually in leg irons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Can't wait for J6 hearings round two in September

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

C-Euro posted:

That's fair, revising my statement to "don't do a PhD unless you're certain your target career requires one".

One of my better friends when I dropped out of my program ended up finishing his, got a postdoc with the #1 researcher in the world for his field, and AFAICT now runs an organic farm with his wife and is completely out of the field. I haven't talked to him in years but I've always been curious about what happened there.

this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFKS-M8rwPw

pmchem fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 11, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol. From what I can discern the farm is doing well enough, and he met his now-wife while doing said PhD so it wasn't a total wash!

Skwirl posted:

I know, but it's just funny to me to think about people having to reconcile their thin blue line bumper stickers and Tump getting raided by feds.

It's super easy actually:

When cops go after the people who I don't like, they're good.
When cops go after the people who I do like, they're bad.

Blue Lives Matter has never actually been about supporting police and LEO, but rather supporting state-sponsored violence against people who you don't like. There's a reason it rose up against, and copied the name from, the Black Lives Matter movement.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Houston the city has a larger population than Dallas the city, but probably not as large as the general Dallas metropolitan area.

Right. Houston's always had more people inside city limits than Dallas since it's not hemmed in by Forth Worth and suburbs and the Metroplex has more people in the metro. Houston's catching up to the Metroplex though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I. M. Gei posted:

Can't wait for J6 hearings round two in September

The Dems' own benghazi!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
El Penis

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The intelligence community's historic tendency to treat every piece of info as sacrosanct makes me skeptical of the significance of what is going to come out of this.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
On the other hand they hate trump so plunging a knife might be worth it

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The intelligence community's historic tendency to treat every piece of info as sacrosanct makes me skeptical of the significance of what is going to come out of this.

On the other hand doing so makes other countries work just as hard to uncover massive secrets on what fast food burger an ambassador prefers

Plus if Trump actually handed something valuable to the GRU then he needs to live out his days in a concrete hole in Colorado

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Trump hid docs in Ivana's grave and we all know it

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Trump traded nuke tech to the Saudis so they'd bring the LIV tour to his course

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

dirty shrimp money posted:

Plus if Trump actually handed something valuable to the GRU then he needs to live out his days in a concrete hole in Colorado

Are ppl saying he's a russian agent again?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wow can't believe it

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1557853367694770177?t=xwxj3QJ6db1oqOlJrR_sfA&s=19

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Boy that was a way more exciting three seconds when I read that as Ricky Schroeder

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Courtesy of CSPAM

https://twitter.com/RickyShiffer/st...ingawful.com%2F

Also some other poo poo with his posts from elsewhere about attacking the FBI and poo poo. Not surprising at all.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

he was posting while bleeding out in a cornfield

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1557859252173160449?s=20&t=MI3QfX20Brj04wtBwqUYAg

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Amy Pole Her posted:

So much of this in corporate America. Heard it regularly with folks who were retiring - they “banked” too much PTO and oh ho ho they can only get paid on 80 hours max while some folks had carried over nearly a thousand hours over the year and oh they gave me the gladiator award! How nice!

Like 70 days worth of your life just stolen for free cmon man
My mom was a public school teacher and instead of a normal vacation time / sick day setup, because she got summers off anyway, instead she would accrue “annual leave”

By the time she retired she had a full year of annual leave, so she got an extra year of full pay before her state pension kicked in.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

^^^ my dad was a public school teacher and he never got jack poo poo

Did he seriously post that while he was dying?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

CannonFodder posted:

My mom was a public school teacher and instead of a normal vacation time / sick day setup, because she got summers off anyway, instead she would accrue “annual leave”

By the time she retired she had a full year of annual leave, so she got an extra year of full pay before her state pension kicked in.

I work at a county agency, and we have annual/sick leave split.

You can only bank so much annual leave (4-500hrs, can’t remember exactly), which they will pay out upon separation. You can bank unlimited sick time, but they won’t pay it out when you leave. Also you are punished for using sick leave too frequently, even though it is part of your compensation. America!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If I'm dying, I too, hope I can make one last shitpost.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I have to applaud the guy at least for not going the typical shithead route of a mass shooting of innocent civilians.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Qwijib0 posted:

absent opposition from trump's legal team-- who has a copy already and could have released it. So either it gets made public, or it is now only trump not the DOJ trying to keep it private.

lmao

https://twitter.com/ktbenner/status/1557848942800687106

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

seiferguy posted:

hell, same

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

In death all the MAGA Martyrs are called false flag antifa plants

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Hope we don’t get ourselves a modern Horst Wessel out of this.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Game night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CDT

https://discord.gg/qGHtcSVc

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Right, all those leftist mass shootings we've had lately

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Addie turns two tomorrow :unsmith:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

LeeMajors posted:

I work at a county agency, and we have annual/sick leave split.

You can only bank so much annual leave (4-500hrs, can’t remember exactly), which they will pay out upon separation. You can bank unlimited sick time, but they won’t pay it out when you leave. Also you are punished for using sick leave too frequently, even though it is part of your compensation. America!

Yeah I work for the state and we have an annual leave/sick leave split. The amount of annual leave increases for however long you stay in state service, regardless if switch agencies. Right now I get something like 13 or 14 annual leave hours a month. Our banked annual leave hours are capped at 240 though. In theory people who are over that and request time off to avoid loosing the hours get priority vacation approval but that'd extremely variable and entirely based on your supervisor/administrator.

Sick leave is uncapped but you only get 8 hours a month. We also have a shared leave program but getting approved can be a serious hassle for everything other than pregnancy since they expanded it with a blanket "yeah, pregnant people can automatically qualify if your doctor says you're pregnant". Before there had to be some kind of complication or whatever. HR remains HR regardless of what kind of HR you're dealing with.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

seiferguy posted:

One day I will simply post lol lmao with no context then never be seen again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

seiferguy posted:

:same:

"With my dying breath, I curse Zoidberg! gently caress the Cowboys!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

One day I will simply post lol lmao with no context then never be seen again

lol lmao

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/mattshuham/status/1557865631101423618?t=QiEt03EsUvHAnk92hFr8yw&s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Hoo boy

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/1557880683539963908?t=To97Z2FvulfKajcR1PdFwA&s=19

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Posting through it (my death)

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Guze posted:

Trump traded nuke tech to the Saudis so they'd bring the LIV tour to his course

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Lets goooooooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

seiferguy posted:

F