Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i say swears online posted:

sure if you consider kyoon a troll as well

I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

You guys are gonna have the whole discord's politics dumpster fire subchannel rolling before I know it. I'll be 100% absolutely owned, your merciless screenshotting of my posts and infighting will be the death of me. I triple promise.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

"No! Nothing interesting could possibly happen in Texas's political landscape. I have rearranged my entire posting career, life, personality, and attitudes around misguidedly preserving a plainly abusive status quo that confers no advantage to anyone whatsoever, because I am a loving insular idiot. gently caress Waffle House for pointing this out, where's his post history? I'm feeling ineffectively abusive, heh heh heh."

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

go on

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Waffle House posted:

"No! Nothing interesting could possibly happen in Texas's political landscape. I have rearranged my entire posting career, life, personality, and attitudes around misguidedly preserving a plainly abusive status quo that confers no advantage to anyone whatsoever, because I am a loving insular idiot. gently caress Waffle House for pointing this out, where's his post history? I'm feeling ineffectively abusive, heh heh heh."

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

wow I appear to have stepped on more really dumb toes than I thought possible, please, by all means, recover with low content, you must be so whelmed right now

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Anyway, I'm not sure what moves Greg Abbott has left at this point. I'm gonna guess it's closing polling sites and being a little bitch with a lovely cabinet.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

lol Beto owns and CHUDs don't have anything remotely approaching him except to whinge the word "Neoliberal" in a creaky rear end prepubescent voice

Who taught the chuds neoliberalism?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I came for the meltdown did I miss it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ExpressNews/status/1557777485500121090

Well I was wrong about Defund the Police being a loser I guess, my mistake was not realizing it would come from the right

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

i say swears online posted:

sure if you consider kyoon a troll as well

Lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Well I was wrong about Defund the Police being a loser I guess, my mistake was not realizing it would come from the right

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/11/fbi-building-attacked-in-cincinnati-00051122

looks like they have the better direct action track record too!

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Look, you can't trust the actual police because they have been infiltrated by the Fake Biden Government. You can only trust our secret police force that in no way will parallel other horrific times in history.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Wait, we have a discord? Is that where the chili recipes are?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We better not have a loving discord, why even have forums if we're all just gonna go to a discord

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

If I actually posted on Twitter I'd just respond to this clown with "look at this motherfucker", missed opportunity

https://twitter.com/scottbraddock/status/1557727597257424904

fake edit: if he weren't a little snowflake baby with protected tweets

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh they weren't protected when he made that tweet.

And also he's right about the swearing thing, it really irritates me that that's how it works because it highlights everything that sucks about our political media but

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1557721801043705857

But he says the same thing and changes one word to motherfucker and now it's wall-to-wall team coverage

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Why do people keep laughing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They're the Joker.

comedy answer:

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

zoux posted:

They're the Joker.

comedy answer:

After listening to both descriptions the laughter does come in the middle of evocative descriptions of guns. However, the laughter doesn't sound like human laughter. It sounds like forced, dismissive laughter. The descriptions are not of the sort that would normally generate laughter.

e.g. Beto says "... [AR-15 can] penetrate an enemy soldier's helmet at 500 feet and knock him down dead."
Abbot supporter laughs.

There's nothing there to laugh at - it's an accurate description of the weapon. Some quick googling confirms AR-15 effective range is 550 meters, where "effective range" is defined as "can penetrate a steel helmet." So Beto significantly understates the rifle's lethality.

I can't think of any reason to laugh at that time other than to be disruptive. And less than 60seconds before the laughter, Beto was talking about a school shooting. Immediately after the laughter, Beto starts talking about school shootings again, but interrupts himself to respond to the laughter. It certainly seems like a deliberate, if cartoonish, attempt to sabotage Beto.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

political mastermind beto, likely got plants in the audience making the dumbest heckles possible so he can dunk

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

zoux posted:

We better not have a loving discord, why even have forums if we're all just gonna go to a discord

That is my position on the matter as well

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gun nuts will force laugh to discredit any fact a dirty lib states about guns, whether it is true or not

so either he forgot he was not surrounded by his gun nut fuckbuddies, or he was trying to discredit Beto under the false assumption that anyone there gave a gently caress what he thinks

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Maybe Beto said AR stands for Assault Rifle when real heads know it stands for Assaultrifle Rifle

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1557024004871012353

This was from 2 days ago. DOJ just filed a motion to unseal, but everyone is pretty sure that Trump is going to contest that. So let's see if Ted sticks to his guns.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just imagining the guy getting pressed about why he is laughing

"uhh ummm well an AR-15 can't do that you guys are being mean to my gun"

"yes it can, though"

"errr duhhhh well you see I have poop for brai-"

*falls down drooling and making GBS threads his pants*

yeah that sounds about right

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Well, the AR-15 that Jesus used to fight the Romans is more underpowered than the modern version and they're used to that more traditional version

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Man they seem to really not care about the mishandling of classified documents anymore. I wonder what's changed since Hillary was running. :smugdon:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Dameius posted:

Man they seem to really not care about the mishandling of classified documents anymore. I wonder what's changed since Hillary was running. :smugdon:

You could make the same argument about political persecution with either Hillary (Presidential candidate) or Hunter (not even a politician) - it only matters when it's their guy that's the victim.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I never got the "Jews killed Christ" part of anti-semitism. The whole point of Jesus was that he had to get killed. Did they want him to die in bed at the age of 95 for their sins?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

What sourcebook is that? Mordecai's Tome of Foes?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

zoux posted:

I never got the "Jews killed Christ" part of anti-semitism. The whole point of Jesus was that he had to get killed. Did they want him to die in bed at the age of 95 for their sins?

Most Christians were raised in the church and believe these things because they're the things you're supposed to believe and also they're dumb as rocks hth.

And the people who convert to Christianity are weirdos too, like the Californian chuds moving to Texas.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DnD 6E looks boring as gently caress

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jokes posted:

DnD 6E looks boring as gently caress

disagree, jesus dies in the legions in britannia

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

This was from 2 days ago. DOJ just filed a motion to unseal, but everyone is pretty sure that Trump is going to contest that. So let's see if Ted sticks to his guns.

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1557768076451631107

surely the left can ride this bull

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

She's just worried they're gonna locate virgil

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

dril tweet ... hand it to them ... yadda yadda

Like, the FBI can be historically bad and even foundationally bad but still occasionally do something if not just, at least, "correct". Don't need to give batshit fuckups even a semblance of a W just because they are a broken clock at this exact minute.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Well, I’m sure there are no bad apples on the local police level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Shooting Blanks posted:

You could make the same argument about political persecution with either Hillary (Presidential candidate) or Hunter (not even a politician) - it only matters when it's their guy that's the victim.

Well yeah, I thought that was clear.