Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Wintermutant posted:

I'm having a hard time even following what they're claiming Tony is doing this time?

Edit: as for my own contribution, this dude seems really mad about Bayley wishing Kris a speedy recovery:

https://twitter.com/Bendickrocks/status/1557779293035528192?s=20&t=JR8zthH6tcd8py_J4tXtKQ

Is this that same guy that demanded Vince fire anyone who interacted with AEW wrestlers on social media, because they're at "war" and that is "treason"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I know there exist AEW fans who think that this is a "wrestling war", but they by and large understand that it's just not like that, right? We've got Coke and Pepsi and they can both be successful businesses at the same time and there's not really much reason for them to fight each other any more.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I think they're just lying and not in a break from reality

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

El Generico posted:

I know there exist AEW fans who think that this is a "wrestling war", but they by and large understand that it's just not like that, right?

Evidently not

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Generico posted:

I know there exist AEW fans who think that this is a "wrestling war", but they by and large understand that it's just not like that, right? We've got Coke and Pepsi and they can both be successful businesses at the same time and there's not really much reason for them to fight each other any more.

Except that's not the case. WWE has tried every trick in the book to fight AEW from NXT on USA to attempting to sign any indie wrestler who appeared on Dynamite before AEW could to leaking stories in the press to running an NXT show the day of All Out. And then there is them trying to pick a fight with an overrun against Rampage and losing to the Bunny. WWE very much treats it like a war.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lol yeah if you dont think the wrestling war is real wait until we're a little closer to Omega, Mox and MJF's contracts.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
WWE - The company known for wrestlers staring each other down

https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1557792690053447680

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

They're using a very different and wrong comparison, BUT Punk and Mox definitely did the thing Hogan and Rock did at Mania where they tilted their heads in opposite directions to look out at the crowd giving them their mixed reaction. But to claim someone invented "looking in opposite directions" would be insane.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
We're talking about people who think Punk having the Chicago flag on his AEW merchandise was ripping off his WWE merch. They absolutely think WWE invented everything.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shard posted:

AEW fans, known for never referencing or comparing the product to New Japan.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Is this that same guy that demanded Vince fire anyone who interacted with AEW wrestlers on social media, because they're at "war" and that is "treason"

I know he's the guy who gets super pissed when AEW crowds chant "Eddie!" for Eddie Kingston, because he believes that chant should be for Eddy Guerrero and Eddy Guerrero only.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flashy_mcflash posted:

AEW fans, known for never referencing or comparing the product to New Japan.

or bringing up ecw

what music did jericho come out to last night, again

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/PelletierKC/status/1557735505789272065

"for some reason". I wonder why a wrestler with ties to Brodie Lee would be over in AEW.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Wintermutant posted:

I'm having a hard time even following what they're claiming Tony is doing this time?[/url]

I was having the same issues so I dug into the wormholes last night and came out worse for it. Here's a summary for you and anyone else. TLDR at the end.

- There's a guy on Twitter named Buck Starsky. He claims to be a former wrestler, and to have worked for a company that managed copyright protection for other companies. AEW was a client of his employer until they went someone cheaper earlier this year, which led to his unemployment.
- In 2021, he tweeted a lot about AEW content being pirated on Reddit, FITE use via VPNs, etc. He didn't get any traction.
- Early in 2022, he pivoted to an anti-AEW/IWC account, trying to get the attention of GOC, AEW Botches, and going after the more pro-AEW accounts like Macho Beard. That was a little more successful but still didn't break through. He tweets out loud asking how some users get so many follows and later claims to be both doxxed and sent death threats.
- In February, Buck sends a DMCA takedown to Reddit. He gets an angry email in response telling him not to represent AEW, "we know what our client's tolerance for posts is", and that his contract wasn't renewed. The allegation from Buck being that AEW is astroturfing SquaredCircle with AEW video footage while sending takedowns to AEW botches.
- In July, AEW Botches gets another bunch of DMCA takedowns. Buck apparently sends some emails, searches copyright.gov. He says that a company called takedownpiracy.com manages DMCA takedowns on behalf of AEW. But because they are not listed as the designated agent on copyright.gov, the takedowns are invalid? Illegal?
- On July 17, he finally goes viral with "the toughest post I've ever wrote", tagging in the usual gang of anti-AEW idiots. He claims that Don Stephens is sending DMCA strikes to people, and that Don Stephens is an alias of Aubrey Edwards. He also claims that AEW didn't have a DMCA agent registered with copyright.gov until he e-mailed them, then suddenly does and their name is Don Stephens. Finally, he claims to have received a threatening e-mail telling to knock it off or he's going to be sued. He seems happy with the engagement.
- On July 18, he tries to e-mail Don Stephens and gets a bounceback. Therefore, Don Stephens is not a real person.
- On July 20, he claims that Tony Khan doesn't own AEW based on a search of annual report records. People call him out on this being incorrect, so he doubles down and says that ROH is still owned by Sinclair because their name is on all of the publicly searchable records.
- On July 22, he claims that he knew about Vince McMahon retiring ahead of time and the fact that wrestling journalists didn't report it when he knew is a failure of them?
- On July 24, another long thread where he claims that Don Stephens is now an alias of Jeff Jones, who is using a Google Voice number and a Gmail address to submit false DMCA claims against him. Let's ignore the fact that he posted AEW video he didn't own the copyright to... He continues to claim that Aubrey Edwards is involved with the takedowns.
- On July 28, he reveals AEW has blocked his e-mail address. He continues going after Aubrey about the takedowns, posting wedding videos and pictures of her LinkedIn.
- On August 2, AEW is making DMCA takedowns without valid contact details, and that's fraud!
- On August 5, he's back to suggesting that Don Stephens is Aubrey.
- On August 6, he shares a long e-mail he sent to Turner about the "illegal takedowns".
- On August 8, he goes back to the suggestion that TK doesn't own ROH because Sinclair still co-owns the trademarks, and owns all the IP based off a public record search. He leaves out that Sinclair are the registrants of the trademarks, not the last listed owners of it; and that it takes six months to transfer a trademark from one owner to another.
- Yesterday, he says he talked to Joe Koff who was pretty upset because the deal was taking too long to close. Sinclair was still listed the designated agent on copyright.gov. This is both why ROH can't get a TV deal and why TK doesn't own them.
- Today, he's said that the ROH deal is "dead in the water" because they don't have a valid DMCA agent.

TLDR: Buck Starsky is an anorak regarding DMCA takedowns, and is using that to make any old absurd claim - that TK doesn't own AEW or ROH, is incompetent, is going to lose the Turner deal, is opening them up to lawsuits that will put both companies out of business, etc.

Shorter TLDR: Buck doesn't like AEW and wants attention.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fez_machine posted:

https://twitter.com/PelletierKC/status/1557735505789272065

"for some reason". I wonder why a wrestler with ties to Brodie Lee would be over in AEW.

Not here for this disrespect to Erick Redbeard's heroic efforts against the House of Black.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't believe the Minnesota-based wrestler was over in Minnesota

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love it when people are very confused

https://twitter.com/omegawud/status/1557837480556216321

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
With all due respect to Erick Redbeard and Kling Kling fans there are definitely wrestlers signed to AEW who could have had those spots

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

With all due respect to Erick Redbeard and Kling Kling fans there are definitely wrestlers signed to AEW who could have had those spots

Name one that has a beard as red as Thourf Marius!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Of eating pinfalls on Rampage?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Who, currently signed to AEW, should be a tv jobber.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

karmicknight posted:

Who, currently signed to AEW, should be a tv jobber.

cm punk

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
alright, Punkhausen vs. rear end Boys is a money match.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

karmicknight posted:

alright, Punkhausen vs. rear end Boys is a money match.

Those Punk rear end videos from WWE were secretly part of a nearly decade-long build to this feud.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

karmicknight posted:

Of eating pinfalls on Rampage?

Well in this case I think Beardhausen is winning to push rear end Boys towards joining Stoke.

Or maybe Stoke will interfere so rear end Boys beat Beardhausen?

THERE'S SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!!!!!!!!!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1557950269228457985?s=20&t=4hoqQLxvPlRgD4ThHmYDuA

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I have actually encountered someone who claims that TK is "hoarding talent" because some of them could be better used by various companies. They are also a big fan of Impact.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
At this point Swerve has been in AEW almost as long as Hit Row existed lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cult of Pies posted:

I was having the same issues so I dug into the wormholes last night and came out worse for it. Here's a summary for you and anyone else. TLDR at the end.

- There's a guy on Twitter named Buck Starsky. He claims to be a former wrestler, and to have worked for a company that managed copyright protection for other companies. AEW was a client of his employer until they went someone cheaper earlier this year, which led to his unemployment.
- In 2021, he tweeted a lot about AEW content being pirated on Reddit, FITE use via VPNs, etc. He didn't get any traction.
- Early in 2022, he pivoted to an anti-AEW/IWC account, trying to get the attention of GOC, AEW Botches, and going after the more pro-AEW accounts like Macho Beard. That was a little more successful but still didn't break through. He tweets out loud asking how some users get so many follows and later claims to be both doxxed and sent death threats.
- In February, Buck sends a DMCA takedown to Reddit. He gets an angry email in response telling him not to represent AEW, "we know what our client's tolerance for posts is", and that his contract wasn't renewed. The allegation from Buck being that AEW is astroturfing SquaredCircle with AEW video footage while sending takedowns to AEW botches.
- In July, AEW Botches gets another bunch of DMCA takedowns. Buck apparently sends some emails, searches copyright.gov. He says that a company called takedownpiracy.com manages DMCA takedowns on behalf of AEW. But because they are not listed as the designated agent on copyright.gov, the takedowns are invalid? Illegal?
- On July 17, he finally goes viral with "the toughest post I've ever wrote", tagging in the usual gang of anti-AEW idiots. He claims that Don Stephens is sending DMCA strikes to people, and that Don Stephens is an alias of Aubrey Edwards. He also claims that AEW didn't have a DMCA agent registered with copyright.gov until he e-mailed them, then suddenly does and their name is Don Stephens. Finally, he claims to have received a threatening e-mail telling to knock it off or he's going to be sued. He seems happy with the engagement.
- On July 18, he tries to e-mail Don Stephens and gets a bounceback. Therefore, Don Stephens is not a real person.
- On July 20, he claims that Tony Khan doesn't own AEW based on a search of annual report records. People call him out on this being incorrect, so he doubles down and says that ROH is still owned by Sinclair because their name is on all of the publicly searchable records.
- On July 22, he claims that he knew about Vince McMahon retiring ahead of time and the fact that wrestling journalists didn't report it when he knew is a failure of them?
- On July 24, another long thread where he claims that Don Stephens is now an alias of Jeff Jones, who is using a Google Voice number and a Gmail address to submit false DMCA claims against him. Let's ignore the fact that he posted AEW video he didn't own the copyright to... He continues to claim that Aubrey Edwards is involved with the takedowns.
- On July 28, he reveals AEW has blocked his e-mail address. He continues going after Aubrey about the takedowns, posting wedding videos and pictures of her LinkedIn.
- On August 2, AEW is making DMCA takedowns without valid contact details, and that's fraud!
- On August 5, he's back to suggesting that Don Stephens is Aubrey.
- On August 6, he shares a long e-mail he sent to Turner about the "illegal takedowns".
- On August 8, he goes back to the suggestion that TK doesn't own ROH because Sinclair still co-owns the trademarks, and owns all the IP based off a public record search. He leaves out that Sinclair are the registrants of the trademarks, not the last listed owners of it; and that it takes six months to transfer a trademark from one owner to another.
- Yesterday, he says he talked to Joe Koff who was pretty upset because the deal was taking too long to close. Sinclair was still listed the designated agent on copyright.gov. This is both why ROH can't get a TV deal and why TK doesn't own them.
- Today, he's said that the ROH deal is "dead in the water" because they don't have a valid DMCA agent.

TLDR: Buck Starsky is an anorak regarding DMCA takedowns, and is using that to make any old absurd claim - that TK doesn't own AEW or ROH, is incompetent, is going to lose the Turner deal, is opening them up to lawsuits that will put both companies out of business, etc.

His account no longer exists (so he deleted it, it wasn't suspended) so I'm curious if he is planning to claim AEW had him suspended.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

'Let' him go back to WWE. You know, the company that fired him.
I know most companies show their support and enthusiasm for an employee* by firing them.

* lol employee

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Do these people forget that one of the biggest complaints about WWE is that they had a ton of wrestlers who were literally never used? Like yeah it sucks when an AEW guy is always on Dark but even that is better than all the WWE guys who literally had to drive around the country on their own dime just to sit in catering doing literally actually nothing for months/years at a time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
My favorite part of that post is "we". It's very obvious that he liked Hit Row and wants it back but he's too cowardly to say it so he pretends like every E drone wants the same thing he does to try to add weight to his lovely idea

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Drakkel posted:

Do these people forget that one of the biggest complaints about WWE is that they had a ton of wrestlers who were literally never used? Like yeah it sucks when an AEW guy is always on Dark but even that is better than all the WWE guys who literally had to drive around the country on their own dime just to sit in catering doing literally actually nothing for months/years at a time.

No, you don't understand. WWE made these wrestlers famous! Nobody cares or cared about Chikara, Ring of Honor, NJPW, DDT, GCW, TNA/IMPACT, and any other promotion that's existed and those promotions definitely didn't boost the popularity of these wrestlers to the point that WWE saw them. The idea that WWE would find established talent who were big draws, offer them huge contracts, and then keep them in catering so they don't get work in the indies or other major promotions is crazy. WWE finds all its wrestlers on the street or after they wash out of college sports, unable to make it to the pros!

It's 100% projection. Most WWE Stans tend to be older weirdos too so they don't think YouTube is a legitimate source of commercial media so I'm sure they think Dark and Elevation is Tony CON leaving money on the table. I don't really watch Dark and Elevation anymore but people are and it's free advertising with monetization built in, content to hook new and curious people, and gives wrestling content during the week to people who aren't subscribed to multiple Japanese wrestling streaming services like me.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cult of Pies posted:

I know him as the guy who, on the announcement that Forbidden Door had made 5 million, doubted those numbers because
-100k people bought it
-everyone who bought it bought it via a VPN so they'd have paid 20 bux
-therefore there's 3m unaccounted for

He was adamant that "maybe a few more people bought it" and "not everyone bothers with a VPN" were somehow irrelevant, then added me to a list titled "my adoring fans"

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

My favorite part of that post is "we". It's very obvious that he liked Hit Row and wants it back but he's too cowardly to say it so he pretends like every E drone wants the same thing he does to try to add weight to his lovely idea

It's also feels like he's claiming that Hit Row were this huge part of wrestling in recent years when they absolutely weren't. In fact, I can't even remember the fourth member of the group. I remember Swerve because he was a name before joining WWE, I remember Top Dolla because he was an idiot on social media, and I remember B-Fab because she had a strange name and was the first to be released. The other guy I cannot remember a thing about him.

If Top Dolla does return to the fed I will also be interested to see if he goes back to bootlicking while badmouthing wrestlers not in WWE.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Hoss Corncave posted:

It's also feels like he's claiming that Hit Row were this huge part of wrestling in recent years when they absolutely weren't. In fact, I can't even remember the fourth member of the group. I remember Swerve because he was a name before joining WWE, I remember Top Dolla because he was an idiot on social media, and I remember B-Fab because she had a strange name and was the first to be released. The other guy I cannot remember a thing about him.

If Top Dolla does return to the fed I will also be interested to see if he goes back to bootlicking while badmouthing wrestlers not in WWE.

I guarantee you they'll declare that Hit Row was more over than anyone in AEW because an extra million people fall asleep to RAW, despite the fact they were on the main roster for like 3 weeks before they all got fired

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It's just so loving weird. Like the dude can't just say "I really liked Hit Row and I miss them". He has to intentionally twist it into this stupid AEW conspiracy theory or whatever the gently caress

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hit Row had like three good promos on NXT, completely flopped on the main roster and then Top Dolla got everybody fired by being an idiot and Swerve immediately went on to better things.

I understand at the time that people felt like it was a hot act with a lot of potential but the idea that it was some holy grail can't miss thing? Swerve has already exceeded it with what he's doing now.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hoss Corncave posted:

can't believe you would forget the young phenom, Ashanti Thee Adonis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My favourite Hit Row moment was when AJ Francis invited himself on Swerve's podcast and Swerve no sold him