Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

danbanana posted:

Helping to awaken a murderous space god because "it'll have the soul of us, a bunch of robot-like immortals and me, Mr. Superhero Prison" is pretty loving bad as far as ideas go.

He asks for beasts help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I like how they were "SINISTER YOU DON'T GET TO TOUCH ANYTHING" but let Tony get free-reign.

Just absolute dipshittery all around.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

The god child of competing religious sects, an industrialist, and Mr. loving Sinister has skewed morals?

pikachuface.gif

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sinister would gently caress it up on purpose. stark would only gently caress it up by accident. it's completely different!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean eternals celestia ends with ajak plotting to kill the avengers so I'm guessing letting Tony in is intentional

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hey everyone will be fine so long as the god thinks there are more good people than bad people.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If they didn't make the celestial, the X-Men are dead.

It was also the Eternals' idea, and it worked. Just not quite the way they intended!

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

To be fair, it was an insane Hail Mary that did exactly what they wanted. It just didn't stop there...

It's a good story though, and am eager to see where it goes.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey everyone will be fine so long as the god thinks there are more good people than bad people.

Except all the 'bad people' will be dead, given humanity is being judged both individually and collectively.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Yvonmukluk posted:

Except all the 'bad people' will be dead, given humanity is being judged both individually and collectively.

Beast dies twice then?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think the Celestial is gonna kill individuals. I think it's just meant to say that each individual will be judged and then added to the collective total, and if there are more just than bad, they all live. If more wicked than good, they all die.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
The Punisher better be working overtime to get those wicked numbers down in 24 hours.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Sesq posted:

The Punisher better be working overtime to get those wicked numbers down in 24 hours.

He's got an entire army of ninja now, so it shouldn't take long.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

danbanana posted:

Helping to awaken a murderous space god because "it'll have the soul of us, a bunch of robot-like immortals and me, Mr. Superhero Prison" is pretty loving bad as far as ideas go.

I mean the alternate is "Krakoa dies in 5 minutes" so lesser of two evils, y'know?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

TwoPair posted:

I mean the alternate is "Krakoa dies in 5 minutes" so lesser of two evils, y'know?

Gonna suggest that if you had time to break into Asgard to steal poo poo, you- a group of people who have saved the world countless times-probably had a few minutes to whiteboard ideas other than "raise a spacegod who previously tried to exterminate us from the dead."

Also, this plan requires you to find a new place to live, Avengers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Avengers get new houses every few years. They're used to it and keep most their poo poo in storage.

The X-Men do similar, but only because their house gets blown up every couple years.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Yeah I don't think "oh no we need a new house" is gonna phase Tony Stark, the guy who's lost multiple large mansions and multinational conglomerates over the years but who has kept on chugging along being Comic Book Rich anyway

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

danbanana posted:

Gonna suggest that if you had time to break into Asgard to steal poo poo, you- a group of people who have saved the world countless times-probably had a few minutes to whiteboard ideas other than "raise a spacegod who previously tried to exterminate us from the dead."

Also, this plan requires you to find a new place to live, Avengers.

What's the other plan? Start killing Eternals? Because then that leads directly to innocent people getting killed. The X-Men and Avengers don't know this, but the Eternals who are helping them do.

It was the best option they had. And they thought they instilled a sense or morality in the new Celestial, which they did, but it didn't work like they wanted.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Codependent Poster posted:

What's the other plan? Start killing Eternals? Because then that leads directly to innocent people getting killed. The X-Men and Avengers don't know this, but the Eternals who are helping them do.

It was the best option they had. And they thought they instilled a sense or morality in the new Celestial, which they did, but it didn't work like they wanted.

But Ajak was planning this resurrection-unbeknownst to everyone else-for a while. It's why they abducted Sinister!

Someone appears with the guy I hate most and says "oh u need help us and this rear end in a top hat raise this angry dead spacegod," I think that plan should be vetted a bit more.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yeah I don't think "oh no we need a new house" is gonna phase Tony Stark, the guy who's lost multiple large mansions and multinational conglomerates over the years but who has kept on chugging along being Comic Book Rich anyway

I think it is funny that every time he "goes broke" someone is like "hey I thought you were broke!" and he's like "lol no I'm rich person broke, not normal mortal broke here, let me light your cigarette off a million dollar bill"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Time to push the Franklin reset button again I guess. :v:

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

danbanana posted:

But Ajak was planning this resurrection-unbeknownst to everyone else-for a while. It's why they abducted Sinister!

Someone appears with the guy I hate most and says "oh u need help us and this rear end in a top hat raise this angry dead spacegod," I think that plan should be vetted a bit more.

Would it have been more reasonable to workshop other potential solutions a bit first? Yes. Would Tony Stark have been the one to do so when given the opportunity to create a god? Absolutely not.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tony was more concerned with showing up Reed by reviving a dead space god than the possible consequences.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Tony WAS a space god 5 months ago.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I thought the moment where the Avengers had to dip out to literally prevent the fallout from the battle from causing mass devastation and then all the bad guy mutants are like 'OH OF COURSE, ONCE AGAIN, THE FLATSCAN SUPERHEROES LEAVE MUTANTKIND TO FEND FOR OURSELVES" was pretty good

Not that there couldn't be more solidarity in the community, but I always find that argument pretty ridiculous when it comes from the good guys. Like, if cover dates are anything to go by, the Avengers were getting ping-ponged around the multiverse by Kang when the Sentinels hit Genosha.

Hell, the X-Men themselves were literally not there because they were too busy getting made fools of by Cassandra Nova.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Seeing Cap and Cyclops on mostly the same page is nice. I’m still waiting for the ultimate ricochet combo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I mean there's that time Genosha was kidnapping, torturing and enslaving children and American citizens and the government knew about it and not even a panel saying "too bad the Avengers are off in space."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the avengers did get involved with genosha once, but that was a peak 90's crossover so the less said about it the better.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

When have the Avengers getting involved with X-Men business actually helped?

I don't think they really helped with House of M.

Maybe Onslaught?

I think the X-Men are usually better off handling their own poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Without the Avengers, they wouldn't have been able to stop Onslaught, so yeah, I'd say they were helpful there in the immediate term but whoops it also made it look like the X-Men killed the Avengers which was very bad!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Codependent Poster posted:

I think the X-Men are usually better off handling their own poo poo.

Good point. They're doing GREAT.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Skwirl posted:

I mean there's that time Genosha was kidnapping, torturing and enslaving children and American citizens and the government knew about it and not even a panel saying "too bad the Avengers are off in space."

that's less a "Why didn't the Avengers help mutants?" question and more a "Why don't superheroes go around overthrowing hosed up regimes?" question, which there is a lot of material about

I also think the question of scale is a funny one. Even with the George Perez splash page-y "Everyone is a reserve Avenger!" style lineups, I'm pretty sure the mutant talent pool runs a fair bit deeper

I guess that's part of the fundamental paradox around mutant metaphor; Mattie Mutant might be about as helpless as your average homosapiens, but because the X-Men and most associated characters are all superheroes (and there's a lot of them, and many of them are basically demigods) it can almost seem like the powerful mutants LET the oppression happen

which is something that Krakoa at least conceptually helps address

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OnimaruXLR posted:

that's less a "Why didn't the Avengers help mutants?" question and more a "Why don't superheroes go around overthrowing hosed up regimes?" question, which there is a lot of material about

I also think the question of scale is a funny one. Even with the George Perez splash page-y "Everyone is a reserve Avenger!" style lineups, I'm pretty sure the mutant talent pool runs a fair bit deeper

I guess that's part of the fundamental paradox around mutant metaphor; Mattie Mutant might be about as helpless as your average homosapiens, but because the X-Men and most associated characters are all superheroes (and there's a lot of them, and many of them are basically demigods) it can almost seem like the powerful mutants LET the oppression happen

which is something that Krakoa at least conceptually helps address

I mean, Krakoa isn't the first time this has been directly addressed. There was Asteroid M, Magneto's Genosha, Utopia. How did all of those end? And how are things going on Krakoa at the moment?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

well uh currently all sentient creatures on the planet are possibly going to get obliterated so it seems like things are going about as usual

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
https://twitter.com/ClaremontRun/status/1559884012646273030

https://twitter.com/ClaremontRun/status/1559884014877540355

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kieron Gillen gives a bad reading order for AXE: Death to Mutants #1 and X-Men #13:

quote:

In terms of other tie-ins this week, I’ll make a special mention of X-men 13, which covers exactly the same period as Death to the Mutants, with the ball passing between them at various points. If you’re wondering, there really is no correct reading over between them.

However, prompted by a joke on twitter of reading one page of each back and forth, I thought I’d do a Chronological Megamix for those who want to read it as one big comic. Page numbers are only include comic/data page numbers. These are assuming both issues are 20 pages + 2 data pages, and title pages don’t count as data pages.

DTM Pages 1-10
X-men Page 1-9
DTM Pages 11-12
X-men Pages 10-19
DTM Pages 13-20
X-Men pages 20-22
DTM 21-22

Don’t do this for your first reading, as it’ll read terribly, even if I have done the math correctly. They’re not one comic. They’re two comics, no matter how much pritt stick and scissors you apply.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Todays X-Men issue was just a loving delight. The art, the characterizations,each character was given a moment to shine and showing off powers in refreshing ways. I started listening into team members who had awesome moments and it was pretty much the entire roster so I stopped. Great writing above all else.

Edit: I almost forgot that it’s a Marvel Event tie-in issue

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Todays X-Men issue was just a loving delight. The art, the characterizations,each character was given a moment to shine and showing off powers in refreshing ways. I started listening into team members who had awesome moments and it was pretty much the entire roster so I stopped. Great writing above all else.

Edit: I almost forgot that it’s a Marvel Event tie-in issue

yeah, Dauterman continues to deliver. I really liked the interaction between Havok and Magik.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Cloks posted:

yeah, Dauterman continues to deliver. I really liked the interaction between Havok and Magik.

Havoc had impeccable logic but still an rear end in a top hat and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

x-force has tie in decorations but isnt a tie in at all? what the gently caress.