Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I had to look up what a moon cake was and they do look and sound delicious, but I bet the commercialized version of them is garbage.

While looking them up, I guess a certain variety was, maybe still is, illegal in the USA. Something about the duck egg used and the region they are made in. I bet those illegal moon cakes are fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
my philosophy on mooncakes is actually that the more artificial and made in a factory, the better. the most dire ones are made with homemade fillings like the chestnut paste or egg yolks

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

So the first kimchi I bought a while ago is really coming into its own now surprisingly. It's nearing it's expiry date but those are for pussies.

The jongga is already good right off the bat so I can only imagine it's gonna get even better in a few weeks time.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

So the first kimchi I bought a while ago is really coming into its own now surprisingly. It's nearing it's expiry date but those are for pussies.

The jongga is already good right off the bat so I can only imagine it's gonna get even better in a few weeks time.

This is the way
:haibrower::respek::haibrower:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i want a hot dog and poutine but i dont live in canada so im gonna have to get the latter from a food truck

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thinkin Costco tomorrow

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I'm thinking another hot dog TODAY

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Ordered a years worth of HVAC filters. The flyer said $10 off a 3 pack but it was actually $20 off a 4 pack. Pbuc

I did almost accidentally buy BLUETOOTH ENABLED filters though

I did accidentally buy those. Absolutely weird poo poo. They work fine, though.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I did almost accidentally buy BLUETOOTH ENABLED filters though

I bought those a couple years ago when they were new. I thought maybe they had a sensor to determine how used up the filter is and then notify me to get a new one. It just basically triggers a timer on the companion app. Totally not needed since you can just make a calendar reminder on your phone or if you have a smart thermostat you can note when you changed the filter last.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

went to costco and spent $0. was looking for paper towel. they were all out the day before as well.

i did try all the samples as i went through the warehouse. even tried the stuff i didn't really want like spring mix and salad dressing lol and some kind of low sugar swedish fish candy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

went to costco and spent $0. was looking for paper towel. they were all out the day before as well.

i did try all the samples as i went through the warehouse. even tried the stuff i didn't really want like spring mix and salad dressing lol and some kind of low sugar swedish fish candy.

So technically they paid you to be there.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Ordered a years worth of HVAC filters. The flyer said $10 off a 3 pack but it was actually $20 off a 4 pack. Pbuc

drat, I wish 4 filters would last a year for me. This house is so dusty that even after having the ducts cleaned the 3M filters Costco sells last about a month before they restrict the flow too much.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Going to Costco in an hour, anyone need anything? I have some homemade kimchi I can give you rather than buying the jongga

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Going to Costco in an hour, anyone need anything? I have some homemade kimchi I can give you rather than buying the jongga

Yeah, get me them fried salmon skins

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

Your Costco sounds heavenly too me. I eat 3 of those spring mixes a week and low sugar swedish fish would be my loving jam.

Wait were they SmartSweets? Is that sold at your store?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Just swung by Costco to grab my prescription sunglass's, and added a pair of their new $12.99 joggers. They seem slick and love the zipper pockets. I'll try them on later.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I got a box of those Kirkland single-serve guacamole things on a whim. I guess they're okay with chips, but I found you can dump one of them on top of my somewhat sad WFH lunchtime turkey sandwich and it really jazzes it up.

It tastes nothing like homemade, obviously, but it's way better than I was expecting. A++ would spread on toast again.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I was about to ask why the don miguel mini tacos are so much better than the taquitos despite being the same concept, but turns out those were el monterey taquitos

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

fischtick posted:

I got a box of those Kirkland single-serve guacamole things on a whim. I guess they're okay with chips, but I found you can dump one of them on top of my somewhat sad WFH lunchtime turkey sandwich and it really jazzes it up.

It tastes nothing like homemade, obviously, but it's way better than I was expecting. A++ would spread on toast again.

they don't hold a candle to fresh but yeah it's all about making lunch good instead of just okay

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
I had perhaps the first painless new tire acquisition experience of my life at the ‘Co. New premium rubber while I shipped. They were also willing to put a non-OEM sized tire on the wheel, which I’ve heard they can be sticklers about

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Went with El Classico today

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Is that...is that just ketchup?

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
That hotdog is framed and lit like a sad dick pic.

drat it still makes me hungry though

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"el classico" is double dunking a plain dog in water and then inhaling them :haibrow:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I saw Classico and was like, is this mfer putting pasta sauce on a dog? Turns out, it's worse.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
If someone offered me “Cleveland kimchi” I’d probably check Urban Dictionary first before agreeing to anything.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

ShowTime posted:

Sometimes I like to take it back to when I was a kid to get that nostalgic kick

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
My taste of nostalgic would admittedly be a slice of Kraft, split into 4 lengths, laid out against the dog, topped with ketchup.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't know if it's a costco brand or just something costco carries but I bought the 32 degrees cool undershirts and they are magical. I work in a warehouse that routinely gets above 90 and it's nice to not come home completely covered in sweat.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

rodbeard posted:

I don't know if it's a costco brand or just something costco carries but I bought the 32 degrees cool undershirts and they are magical. I work in a warehouse that routinely gets above 90 and it's nice to not come home completely covered in sweat.

I'm wearing one right now. They're perfect for this brutal summer

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

ShowTime posted:

The only time I ever put ketchup on a dog is if I have horseradish

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

Kimchi doesn't really "expire" so much as it gets too ripe (for your taste). It's salty and sour, those two are pretty good preservatives, especially if it's refrigerated. Koreans will often use the more ripe kimchi for soups or fried rice or other cooked dishes.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

The Chad Jihad posted:

I was about to ask why the don miguel mini tacos are so much better than the taquitos despite being the same concept, but turns out those were el monterey taquitos

I just wish they'd get some of the black bean taquitos back in stock. I saw them like twice but it's always been the chicken kind since then.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my posts also ripen and sour as they age

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

rodbeard posted:

Those shirts rule. Quick drying, and non chaffing. essentially as good as any name brand sports shirt, but costs like five bucks a pop instead of thirty. I bought like a dozen.

the underwear they make are great too, but per my earlier post in this thread, letters from the label peel off and stick to your clit/brown/taint-area, so be warned

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Head Bee Guy posted:

Those shirts rule. Quick drying, and non chaffing. essentially as good as any name brand sports shirt, but costs like five bucks a pop instead of thirty. I bought like a dozen.

the underwear they make are great too, but per my earlier post in this thread, letters from the label peel off and stick to your clit/brown/taint-area, so be warned

Saw this article earlier, now it seems relevant.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/11/1117015458/costco-is-taking-over-fashion-tiktok

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Turning an old jar of Jongga from the back of my fridge (don't yell at me, we make homemade every year!!!!) into kimchi jjigae tonight because it's so sour now it makes my eyebrows crinkle when I open it.

That means it's ready.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also I bought Costco jeans to try because I have thicc girl rear end and surprisingly, I look good as hell.

The only downside is they're so stiff they're fuckin bulletproof. Even after washing on hot three times to try to soften em up.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
been SMASHING one of those canned cold brews mornings lately. probably bad for me but whatever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Has anyone else had the misfortune of trying "Kevin's Korean BBQ-Style Beef"? It's goblin chow. I don't understand how they took what seem like they might have once been nice beef tips and made that from them. And the best I can say about the sauce is that it's wet.