Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Oh right forgot about the will and Rowan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

A Riku of Two Reflections twin themed deck would be cool. You can play all the twin cards listed above plus the duplication effects of Riku play well with other doubling effects like Parallel Lives, Doubling Season, Theoretical Duplication, Double Major etc.

Here’s my list https://www.moxfield.com/decks/2ZtW6hSKAUaiGa8eN7VEqQ

Jobert
May 21, 2007
Come On!
College Slice
My first thought was building around Dualcaster Mage + Twinflame as the win condition

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
KENRITH TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I proxied up Bust's Slam-pires deck for a few games tonight. Highly recommended.

I've been frustrated in the past trying to build a midrange version of Edgar and it's better than my efforts. I'm sure he won't mind me linking it again for the thread

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

checkplease posted:

I want to make a new deck in honor of my newborn twins. What are some possible commanders to use? A quick search shows Adrix and Nev. And there are partners of course. Any other options I’m missing?

Congrats!

And the Kenrith Twins is the right answer. A buddy of mine had a deck built for them for a while, and it was a blast to play against.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Thanks. And all good ideas. Will check out these lists.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm like 80% of the way done with creating my Kenrith twins deck as well, so thanks as well for more of the ideas!

2/3 goad, 1/3 spellslinger, let's gooooooooo

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
edit: saw this and couldn’t stop laughing

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

th3t00t posted:

:hmmyes:

How DARE you, sir or madam, Doom Blade this Sun Titan! *glove slap*

~or~

Interaction? How frightfully rude. I certainly hope someone stabs him in the eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBZsn21E_yc

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

If I had the time and Photoshop skills, I'd make some Barkley shut up and jam themed proxies for that slam vampire deck.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m glad you folks like my Slamuel M. Pires Vampire deck, it’s my most brainless deck, provided you have a decent set of d6

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m glad you folks like my Slamuel M. Pires Vampire deck, it’s my most brainless deck, provided you have a decent set of d6

Every time I've played it, the table sees Edgar and then immediately just pummels me into a fine paste. It is fun, though!

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

th3t00t posted:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Crazy stuff happening @ T1 Con:

https://twitter.com/_memo_4302/status/1556253826847490053?s=21&t=ll2kyFkQwyoXhc_LQxz1fw

https://twitter.com/mtgcal/status/1556314452449976322?s=21&t=0e0ZTyDVbBDxadAtmbeqBQ

https://twitter.com/kenlikescarbs/status/1556338908744630273?s=21&t=0e0ZTyDVbBDxadAtmbeqBQ

Two T1 cons in a row taken down by content creators, and what’s more, it’s only about 70 players, so basically the 70 most financially stable cEDH players in the world. I don’t want to detract from Ken’s momentous accomplishment, but most cEDH players are proxy friendly because we’re broke, not because of communistic fervor. We can’t all afford to fly to Belgium or Denmark to play Magic for the weekend, so pretty soon I think we’re gonna be using win aggregates instead of big individual titles to track players, the way the pro tour used to.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 8, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm sure that's insane as gently caress and all but, what?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Prof still wearing the tags on his snazzy blazer

https://youtu.be/iSRQHdyl34U

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Bust Rodd posted:

Crazy stuff happening @ T1 Con:

https://twitter.com/_memo_4302/status/1556253826847490053?s=21&t=ll2kyFkQwyoXhc_LQxz1fw

https://twitter.com/mtgcal/status/1556314452449976322?s=21&t=0e0ZTyDVbBDxadAtmbeqBQ

https://twitter.com/kenlikescarbs/status/1556338908744630273?s=21&t=0e0ZTyDVbBDxadAtmbeqBQ

Two T1 cons in a row taken down by content creators, and what’s more, it’s only about 70 players, so basically the 70 most financially stable cEDH players in the world. I don’t want to detract from Ken’s momentous accomplishment, but most cEDH players are proxy friendly because we’re broke, not because of communistic fervor. We can’t all afford to fly to Belgium or Denmark to play Magic for the weekend, so pretty soon I think we’re gonna be using win aggregates instead of big individual titles to track players, the way the pro tour used to.
Got any links to the deck lists?

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
A single 50 minute turn with a 27 minute stack battle sounds brutal. But hey, if it’s what they like.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I wanna play Krarkashima so bad but it bums me out that it takes so long to pop off.

Then again, so did manual storm decks a few years back before cleaner, more deterministic lines were a thing.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I'm making my second Commander deck ever and was wondering if anyone wanted to take a look, I basically just took the Spirit Squad precon from Crimson Vow, swapped in Kykar as the commander and added some red for combos/win cons: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/3-Bw4l6c5EWkpORbM08irg

Basic idea is to have a ton of spirits/spirit lords on the board, and I've got some quick doublers in Kindred Charge and Myojin of Blooming Dawn plus Impact Tremors to try to deal a lot of damage suddenly, or sack a bunch of tokens for mana with Kykar to get off a real big Comet Storm to people's faces.

I got a little obsessed with Flashback spells and similar effects because I liked the idea of double-dipping for token value with Kykar as well as Whispering Wizard, Clarion Spirit, and Quintorius, but I feel like it means a lot of my spells are kinda inefficient, and I might need more targeted removal/wraths? I'm also not sure on the mana base, I took out the two tapped rocks from the precon and added a land but since the deck's so different now I'm still not sure if I've got too much or not enough on ramp.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Capsize is now such a fun broken rear end card I like you put it in there.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Koopa Kid posted:

I'm making my second Commander deck ever and was wondering if anyone wanted to take a look, I basically just took the Spirit Squad precon from Crimson Vow, swapped in Kykar as the commander and added some red for combos/win cons: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/3-Bw4l6c5EWkpORbM08irg

Basic idea is to have a ton of spirits/spirit lords on the board, and I've got some quick doublers in Kindred Charge and Myojin of Blooming Dawn plus Impact Tremors to try to deal a lot of damage suddenly, or sack a bunch of tokens for mana with Kykar to get off a real big Comet Storm to people's faces.

I got a little obsessed with Flashback spells and similar effects because I liked the idea of double-dipping for token value with Kykar as well as Whispering Wizard, Clarion Spirit, and Quintorius, but I feel like it means a lot of my spells are kinda inefficient, and I might need more targeted removal/wraths? I'm also not sure on the mana base, I took out the two tapped rocks from the precon and added a land but since the deck's so different now I'm still not sure if I've got too much or not enough on ramp.

You're running Kykar as spirits tribal instead of just doing infinite combos and a pile of instants/sorceries, which is a choice, but it runs very counter to most of the effective strategies you'd normally get recommended.

That said, no matter what, you are running too many creatures, too much flashback, and not enough mana. Dump all the flashback stuff for free spells, dumb about 4 creatures for rocks (and also replace commander's sphere). Also, just a lot more card draw and spot removal/countermagic.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jiro posted:

Capsize is now such a fun broken rear end card I like you put it in there.

Tempest era was when I got into Magic the first time and I just had to put it in there, love that card.

Toshimo posted:

You're running Kykar as spirits tribal instead of just doing infinite combos and a pile of instants/sorceries, which is a choice, but it runs very counter to most of the effective strategies you'd normally get recommended.

That said, no matter what, you are running too many creatures, too much flashback, and not enough mana. Dump all the flashback stuff for free spells, dumb about 4 creatures for rocks (and also replace commander's sphere). Also, just a lot more card draw and spot removal/countermagic.

Yeah I forgot to mention that I'm playing casual as hell with a few friends mostly running tweaked precons, I opened Kykar in a pack I won as a prize but I didn't want to get too crazy with it.

Appreciate the advice, especially on creature count, I wasn't even really looking there as a place to make some cuts.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

th3t00t posted:

Got any links to the deck lists?

Final pod was Krark Sakashima / Yisan / Tymna Sakashima / Najeela

edit: the winning Krarkashima on Moxfield: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/G-RUVy_CMUWzXlhJknIzZg

Toph Bei Fong fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 11, 2022

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I'm thinking of making a cEDH battlebox of 4 decks for my casual group. It's going to be proxies so card price isn't a concern.

Can any of the resident cEDH players recommend 4 decks that play well together? If at all possible we'd like to avoid thoracle type win cons, they've been kind of played out at a slower speed in our group already. Thanks!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The best representation of the format would probably be:

Krark//Sakashima
Grixis Turbo Naus
4-color Blue Farm
Winot

As the basic pillars of the format currently

But a 4 deck pod that didn’t use Thoracle???? That wouldn’t just automatically fold to Winota???

Hmm probably something like

Winota
Sans-Blue Blood Pod//Razzaketh
Izzet Malcolm//Temur Malcolm
Godo, Bandit Warlord

If I were you I’d probably build

Winota (Stax is represented)
Turbo Naus (Naus is Represented)
Najeela (so the Winota player isn’t the only one playing in combat)
and then any mono color commander, Urza, K’rrik, Godo, Heliod

Either way I think a battle box is a great idea, but I think you’d want at least one Oracle deck because playing without it at all really would not be representative of the format as a whole.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bust Rodd posted:

Either way I think a battle box is a great idea, but I think you’d want at least one Oracle deck because playing without it at all really would not be representative of the format as a whole.

That's fair, and as casual players we're definitely underestimating how interactive that win condition is in cEDH. Thanks for the recs, time to read some primers

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The $100,000 Post Malone 1v1 is happening now

https://twitter.com/commandcast/status/1557894908622606343?s=21&t=nVwvTur5exoQOKoKESLIyA

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

The best representation of the format would probably be:

Krark//Sakashima
Grixis Turbo Naus
4-color Blue Farm
Winot

As the basic pillars of the format currently

But a 4 deck pod that didn’t use Thoracle???? That wouldn’t just automatically fold to Winota???

Hmm probably something like

Winota
Sans-Blue Blood Pod//Razzaketh
Izzet Malcolm//Temur Malcolm
Godo, Bandit Warlord

These are all good but I'd also mention Pako/Haldan too!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Seems like Kyle is really out of his depth.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That app sucks you can't disable the chat and it's only in portrait mode.

Lmao dude is going up against Ashlynn's Eldrazi deck, he's so hosed :laffo:

Also holy poo poo just gave away a complete set of Zendikar Expedition lands.

This guy only started playing FIVE DAYS AGO?????

Jiro fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 12, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/tolariancollege/status/1557942182157230080?s=21&t=nVwvTur5exoQOKoKESLIyA

…uh so basically Jimmy is whispering in his ear the whole time. He essentially won the money as soon as the contest winner was announced because this whole thing seems insanely staged.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thaaaaat explains a ton. And in hindsight is not surprising.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Sheldon Menery got paid to publish an article today about how he thought the power level of baldurs gate was correctly targeted for the commander environment.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Framboise posted:

These are all good but I'd also mention Pako/Haldan too!

Which would you swap it for in Bust's Probably Build list? It sounds like a fun deck and I'd like to include it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would swap it with Winota because otherwise the Winota deck just delicious staxxy permanents to the Big Dog

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Sheldon Menery got paid to publish an article today about how he thought the power level of baldurs gate was correctly targeted for the commander environment.

Baldur's Gate may not have the most powerful cards but as far as utility cards go the set has made it into basically every deck myself and my friends have. It is absurdly flexible for what it is, and the fact that it's worthless is a huge boon.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's a goddamn crime Nautoloid Ship wasn't an auto include into the Mind Flayarrrs precon. :colbert: I'm very much enjoying upgrading and tweaking it out just looking through tribal horrors and useful changelings to gain evasion and steal your stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Toshimo posted:

Lmao, the article where he went over what MaRo said recently about lessons learned?