Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Wait so are you folks denying dog whistles are real, or just the ones you agree with

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The dogwhistle in that tweet isn’t the drat numbers

It’s the part where they think 30-50 non-white folks are going to take their freedom penises :dogwhistle:

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

Wait so are you folks denying dog whistles are real, or just the ones you agree with

You're saying people here on this forum "agree with" Nazi dog whistles?

Any random set of numbers can be manipulated into the Nazi numbers or 666 or whatever you want to find with sufficient creativity, it either drives you crazy or makes you look crazy and either way it's totally unproductive to combatting fascism and reactionary politics

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Uhhhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1557880239287455744?s=21&t=IEkphyJY0FDXLq1mClpr_Q

I can’t open this please someone post the details.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

quote:

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.
Experts in classified information said the unusual search underscores deep concern among government officials about the types of information they thought could be located at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and potentially in danger of falling into to the wrong hands.
The people who described some of the material that agents were seeking spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. They did not offer additional details about what type of information the agents were seeking, including whether it involved weapons belonging to the United States or some other nation. Nor did they say if such documents were recovered as part of the search. A Trump spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Justice Department and FBI declined to comment.

Attorney General Merrick Garland said he could not discuss the investigation on Thursday. But in an unusual public statement at the Justice Department, he announced he had personally authorized the decision to seek court permission for a search warrant.
Garland spoke moments after Justice Department lawyers filed a motion seeking to unseal the search warrant in the case, noting that Trump had publicly revealed the search shortly after it happened.
“The public’s clear and powerful interest in understanding what occurred under these circumstances weighs heavily in favor of unsealing,” the motion says. “That said, the former President should have an opportunity to respond to this Motion and lodge objections, including with regards to any ‘legitimate privacy interests’ or the potential for other ‘injury’ if these materials are made public.”

Material about nuclear weapons is especially sensitive and usually restricted to a small number of government officials, experts said. Publicizing details about U.S. weapons could provide an intelligence road map to adversaries seeking to build ways of countering those systems. And other countries might view exposing their nuclear secrets as a threat, experts said.

One former Justice Department official, who in the past oversaw investigations of leaks of classified information, said the type of top-secret information described by the people familiar with the probe would probably cause authorities to try to move as quickly as possible to recover sensitive documents that could cause grave harm to U.S. security.
“If that is true, it would suggest that material residing unlawfully at Mar-a-Lago may have been classified at the highest classification level,” said David Laufman, the former chief of the Justice Department’s counterintelligence section, which investigates leaks of classified information. “If the FBI and the Department of Justice believed there were top secret materials still at Mar-a-Lago, that would lend itself to greater ‘hair-on-fire’ motivation to recover that material as quickly as possible.”

The Monday search of Trump’s home by FBI agents has caused a political furor, with Trump and many of his Republican defenders accusing the FBI of acting out of politically motivated malice. Some have threatened the agency on social media.
As Garland spoke Thursday, police in Ohio were engaged in a standoff with an armed man who allegedly tried to storm the Cincinnati office of the FBI. The man was killed by police later that day; authorities said negotiations had failed.

State and federal officials declined to name the man or describe a potential motive. However, a law enforcement official identified him as Ricky Shiffer.
According to another law enforcement official, agents are investigating Shiffer’s possible ties to extremist groups, including the Proud Boys, whose leaders are accused of helping launch the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Both officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.
A person using Shiffer’s name on TruthSocial, Trump’s social media site, posted a “call to arms” message shortly after Monday’s FBI search became public.
“People, this is it,” the message said. “Leave work tomorrow as soon as the gun shop/Army-Navy store/pawn shop opens, get whatever you need to be ready for combat. We must not tolerate this one. They have been conditioning us to accept tyranny and think we can’t do anything for 2 years. This time we must respond with force.”
In his statement on Thursday, Garland defended FBI agents as “dedicated, patriotic public servants” and said he would not “stand by silently when their integrity is unfairly attacked … Every day they protect the American people from violent crime, terrorism and other threats to their safety while safeguarding our civil rights. They do so at great personal sacrifice and risk to themselves. I am honored to work alongside them.”

It was Garland’s first public appearance or comment since agents executed the warrant at Mar-a-Lago Club, taking about a dozen boxes of materials after opening a safe and entering a padlocked storage area. The search was one of the most dramatic developments in a cascade of legal investigations of the former president, several of which appear to be growing in intensity.
The investigation into the improper handling of documents began months ago, when the National Archives and Records Administration sought the return of material taken to Mar-a-Lago from the White House. Fifteen boxes of documents and items, some of them marked classified, were returned early this year. The archives subsequently asked the Justice Department to investigate.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Uhhh ok. So I have a ranger buddy who has contacts in the government who told me this, this morning. And he's not perfectly accurate with this stuff. And I kind of brushed it off as "That would be wild if true."

But uhhh if the washington post is reporting it WELL.....that....could be....I don't think there will be much hesitation to throw him in jail if Trump was trying to sell nuclear state secrets.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I don't think there is any evidence he tried to sell it to anyone.

But also... why in the world would he take nuclear secrets that "only the President and a few others" know existed and just put them in a regular keypad safe in his house for almost 2 years? And why did he fight so hard to keep them after the DOJ already knew he had them? If selling them was actually the plan, then you obviously can't sell them at that point.

And I'm not sure why you would take them from the White House and hide them for so long. Or keep them so relatively unguarded for two years if you wanted to sell them/keep them.

Every part of this is incredibly weird.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Barron really likes the pictures so he took them.

Or

They were planted by the FBI.

Wholesome father or victim of police overreach. Maybe both!

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
There was that time he was bragging to other heads of states about the secrets he had access to, so maybe this is another bragging rights thing? Which would be incredibly stupid, but it's Trump so it checks out.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I also want to know who the person is who stuck with Trump through everything, went to work with him at Mar-a-Lago after the white supremacist support, January 6th, family separation, two impeachments, covid, throwing all his staff under the bus, stealing money from his own staff, and a million other things... but finally decided to snitch on him to the DOJ about him keeping nuclear secrets that only a handful of people even knew existed after a year and a half of them sitting in a locked storage room on a golf course.

Why was that what set you off? And why wait 1.5 years to snitch?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, my experience with white supremacists is that they don't really try to hide that they're white supremacists all that much. You can very easily tell the difference between JackAsshole88, the guy who was either born in 1988 or just likes the number 88, vs JackAsshole88, the guy who is very vocally mad about poo poo like women and people of colour showing up in all of his TV shows and video games nowadays.

Yeah like, a secret white supremacist isn't really a thing. It would kind of defeat the whole purpose. If there's no evidence other than a hand sign or a number then either it's safe to assume they aren't one, or they're just the least effective one ever. Of course, if the hand sign or number very quickly leads to the discovery of a bunch of other stuff, then there you have it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Someone should ask Rick Perry about this.

That guy's a dumbass that wanted to close the Three DoEs, Dept of Education, " of Energy, and some 3rd E one that I dont think actually exists. Then when he became sec. of Energy he quickly went deer eyed when he learned Energy meant nukes and actual important things.

Perry's a dumb team R tool and probably would still bend the knee 99.9999% for Don, but his DoE term might have given him a reverse blind spot.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

PhazonLink posted:

Someone should ask Rick Perry about this.

That guy's a dumbass that wanted to close the Three DoEs, Dept of Education, " of Energy, and some 3rd E one that I dont think actually exists. Then when he became sec. of Energy he quickly went deer eyed when he learned Energy meant nukes and actual important things.

Perry's a dumb team R tool and probably would still bend the knee 99.9999% for Don, but his DoE term might have given him a reverse blind spot.

He still did plenty of dumb defunding and other detrimental things at DOE

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I also want to know who the person is who stuck with Trump through everything, went to work with him at Mar-a-Lago after the white supremacist support, January 6th, family separation, two impeachments, covid, throwing all his staff under the bus, stealing money from his own staff, and a million other things... but finally decided to snitch on him to the DOJ about him keeping nuclear secrets that only a handful of people even knew existed after a year and a half of them sitting in a locked storage room on a golf course.

At that point wouldn't it come down to the straw-that-breaks-the-camel's-back personal slight.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Just the word nuclear freaks a lot of people out, especially boomers who grew up on cold war propaganda. Trump bragging about having or showing off nuclear secrets may just be the one thing that sets all those old fears off.

Or someone got the worst 3 year undercover job in the history of your country. :v:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The other wild implications of this are:

- The DOJ learned about this ~5-6 months ago. So, they spent half a year asking Trump to please give them back and sending subpoenas that he ignored.

- At one point, after he refused to give them back, they sent a team to Mar-a-Lago to install a keypad safe there to store the documents in because he was just keeping them in a locked room. They then asked him to give them back again for another 2-3 months.

And, it's not even really funny anymore, but if someone were writing the script for a TV show about American politics for the last 4 years, they would be told that having Trump win the 2016 election primarily by arguing that Hillary Clinton could not be trusted to properly handle classified information is too on the nose and to pick a less ham-fisted and more realistic plot line.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
We know there was an informant and he returned some of it. So is it possible that the DOJ didn't know the breadth and scope of all the documents he had, had an informant tell them that they saw nuclear secrets, and then flipped out and got a warrant?

Also seeing a lot of speculation about Trump selling this to the Saudis given that they tried to transfer nuclear information to the them back when he was still president and Kushner got a $2b from the Saudis. Seems pretty tin-foily, but nothing about this whole thing is normal.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ryde posted:

Also seeing a lot of speculation about Trump selling this to the Saudis given that they tried to transfer nuclear information to the them back when he was still president and Kushner got a $2b from the Saudis. Seems pretty tin-foily, but nothing about this whole thing is normal.

If it turns out he was trying to sell them to another country, not sure who else besides Saudi makes sense. Maybe another of the gulf states.

Timely

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1557889064929468416?s=20&t=uaqfc1ryM-z8xl2e9rwUHw

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

ryde posted:

We know there was an informant and he returned some of it. So is it possible that the DOJ didn't know the breadth and scope of all the documents he had, had an informant tell them that they saw nuclear secrets, and then flipped out and got a warrant?

They specifically came in to install the keypad safe in the locked storage room because of the "sensitive nature" of the documents. So, the DOJ knew about it for - at minimum - 3 or 4 months. They either let him hold on to it during that period out of impotence/fear about doing anything other than having him voluntarily hand them over or someone there wanted to let Trump slide.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

Just the word nuclear freaks a lot of people out, especially boomers who grew up on cold war propaganda. Trump bragging about having or showing off nuclear secrets may just be the one thing that sets all those old fears off.

Or someone got the worst 3 year undercover job in the history of your country. :v:

lol no it won't - they will say the evidence was planted by Deep State FBI agents. A majority of Republicans think the election was stolen. There's literally nothing they won't believe in service to their fascism.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Everything is crazy.

It is going to be torture waiting for weeks to get all the information on this, but these are real unironic sentences from NYT reporters:

quote:

It is still unclear is why it took at least eight months to get these documents back to NARA

Other than complete impotence or extreme loyalty to Trump and wanting to prevent him from getting in trouble, I can't see why the DOJ just kept asking him to give them back and let them sit there for so long.

quote:

by several accounts, he [Trump] was waving documents from the boxes at people at Mar-a-Lago.

It doesn't sound like he was trying to sell anything (and there is still no evidence he tried to sell anything), but still inexplicable why he decided to take them.

And that he initially kept them in just a standard locked closet at a public country club.

And that he apparently went to the room to get them and wave them around in the public dining room - multiple times.

To be fair, he waved around some of the documents he took. They didn't say he specifically waved around the nuclear secrets.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Maybe the whistle blower was saying "hey those documents Trump said he would totally keep safe, well he has been putting them up on a black market ebay site that some Saudis like to visit".

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’m starting to believe the in no way factually supported theory that the urgency is due to something discovered on Alex Jones’ phone

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

haveblue posted:

I’m starting to believe the in no way factually supported theory that the urgency is due to something discovered on Alex Jones’ phone

"Hey Donny. Your pal Alex here. You still got those super secret nuclear weapon documents you told me all about? Asking for a "friend" wink wink"

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Everything is crazy.

It is going to be torture waiting for weeks to get all the information on this, but these are real unironic sentences from NYT reporters:

Other than complete impotence or extreme loyalty to Trump and wanting to prevent him from getting in trouble, I can't see why the DOJ just kept asking him to give them back and let them sit there for so long.

It doesn't sound like he was trying to sell anything (and there is still no evidence he tried to sell anything), but still inexplicable why he decided to take them.

And that he initially kept them in just a standard locked closet at a public country club.

And that he apparently went to the room to get them and wave them around in the public dining room - multiple times.

To be fair, he waved around some of the documents he took. They didn't say he specifically waved around the nuclear secrets.

I wouldn't say it's inexplicable at all.

There's been multiple accounts of him bragging about new secret nuclear weapons systems (that he tells people he built) and letting his golf buddies take pictures with the guy who follows him around with the nuclear football.

Trump taking a bunch of souvenirs from his time at the white house and bragging while he shows them to his guests at Mar-A-Lago is literally the most on brand thing about this whole situation. I'd be genuinely surprised if he was actually trying to sell nuclear secrets, but not even remotely surprised if DOJ had to raid his house to get back a bunch of sensitive papers he took so he could show them to his golf buddies.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

The real story here is that there is apparently a person whose name is a hashtag and of course that person is now Trump's lawyer.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Madkal posted:

"Hey Donny. Your pal Alex here. You still got those super secret nuclear weapon documents you told me all about? Asking for a "friend" wink wink"

ALL my texts? Including the ones with the nuclear codes?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Jaxyon posted:

Dogwhistles are real, but the problem is, it can be hard to know what is a dogwhistle and what isn't, because it's easy to play with numbers.

Like, lets say I say "You know, I really love the Streisand song "The Way We Were". Nazi dogwhistle? After all, it was the Billboard Number One hit in 1974, and someone born in 1974 would be 14 in '88.So, am I a neonazi or just a Streisand fan?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

WaPo updated the story and Trump also had recordings, texts, or emails taken of foreign leaders without their knowledge. Those were taken in the first batch of boxes they got from him - when he hid the alleged nuclear documents and claimed he never had them - and were not part of the raid.

quote:

That former official also said signals intelligence — intercepted electronic communications like emails and phone calls of foreign leaders — was among the type of information that often ended up with unauthorized personnel. Such intercepts are among the most closely guarded secrets because of what they can reveal about how the United States has penetrated foreign governments.

A person familiar with the inventory of 15 boxes taken from Mar-a-Lago in January indicated that signals intelligence material was included in them. The precise nature of the information was unclear.

People around Trump are also advising him not to make the warrant public and bracing for more news about the documents:

quote:

Trump and his allies have refused to publicly share a copy of the warrant, even as they and their supporters have denounced the search as unlawful and politically motivated but provided no evidence to back that up.

Republicans around Trump initially thought the raid could help him politically, but they are now bracing for revelations that could be damaging, a person familiar with the matter said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/11/garland-trump-mar-a-lago/

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I thought I got off Trumps Wild Ride but somehow I am still on it

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

It's not secret code numbers, it's dog whistles, and many people are very good at hiding white supremacy because racists are very good and figuring out the language of tolerance and weaponizing it. What is obvious to some, is hidden to others.

I agree that upon further looking at that guy it probably wasn't his goal but telling folks they're jumping at shadows when the entire goal of that strategy is for marginalized groups to be told "you're jumping at shadows" is missing a portion of how white supremacy is accomplished via dog whistles.

"What do you mean 14 words...what? I'm just talking about protecting my childrens future as a parent? man you people are jumping at shadows with this wierd number poo poo"

The problem is that some people are actually jumping at shadows, because they've gotten too focused on arcane knowledge about various political dogwhistles and lost track of what's actually important.

For example, the reason the 14 words are racist isn't because there's 14 of them and 14 can translate to AH which is short for Adolf Hitler. The 14 words are openly and explicitly white nationalist, and were coined by an open white supremacist who's currently sitting in prison for various terrorisms.

The number of words specifically was important to that white supremacist, of course...but not just because of the Hitler thing. The number of characters, letters, and syllables were all also important to him, because played into a bizarre numerology that white supremacist had invented as part of his very own neopagan fascist cult religion, in which those numbers were important to prove that they were drawn from the secret code the original Aryans had embedded in the Bible to inspire the 666 Sun Man to strike back against the Beast created by Judeo-Christianism and race mixing.

Everything is crazy.

The first thing that jumps to mind is "gathering evidence". After all, just look at how much of a political furor was sparked when they went in and reclaimed the documents. If the documents are important but not top-priority important, it might very well be worth taking a bit of time to gather info about what specifically he's doing with them first.

For example, the DoJ installed a keypad safe. What if that safe logs when it's opened and how long? Then when the DoJ reclaimed the safe later, they could check the safe's logs and probably wouldn't even need a warrant to be able to check on exactly how often Trump is taking out these documents.

And of course if the DoJ did get a surveillance warrant before they installed the safe, that would be a very convenient time to install surveillance devices.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

They specifically came in to install the keypad safe in the locked storage room because of the "sensitive nature" of the documents. So, the DOJ knew about it for - at minimum - 3 or 4 months. They either let him hold on to it during that period out of impotence/fear about doing anything other than having him voluntarily hand them over or someone there wanted to let Trump slide.
In a world of scanners, cell phone cameras, and copy machines, the cat was already well out of the bag. The above quote, along with:

Miss a key piece: the sourcing on this is at least as likely (I'll opine far more likely)to be Trumpworld and those interviewed by investigators than anyone working in the investigation -particularly with the Times' history. If we're getting a slow trickle of a sliver of the story, one wouldn't expect the Fed side of it to be coherent.

The actions also give a multimonth window where there is no room for any defenses like "Trump previously held classification authority so I believed they were free and clear" or "I decided I'd take them with me and once I did that I could do anything I want". Bannon's trial serves as a recent example of "I ignored the government's directives because I believed they were incorrect but didn't challenge them" not being particularly effective. This would be implausibly risky if Justice believed the documents were a unique threat. On the other hand, if those or similar items happened to turn up on the dozens of devices seized from Rudy, Clark, Tarrio, Stone, Shroyer, Eastman, and now Jones (that we know of!), it'd somewhat mitigate the threat posed by the physical MAL documents.

There are enough threads (figurative and twiteral) out there right now that any new revelation isn't a "must mean" for anything. No matter how impatient we get.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I thought I got off Trumps Wild Ride but somehow I am still on it

The only way Mr. Trump's Wild Ride ever ends is when either you or he is dead.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

But also... why in the world would he take nuclear secrets that "only the President and a few others" know existed and just put them in a regular keypad safe in his house for almost 2 years? And why did he fight so hard to keep them after the DOJ already knew he had them? If selling them was actually the plan, then you obviously can't sell them at that point.

And I'm not sure why you would take them from the White House and hide them for so long. Or keep them so relatively unguarded for two years if you wanted to sell them/keep them.

What if he already sold them?

He did touch the orb remember.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

The only way Mr. Trump's Wild Ride ever ends is when either you or he is dead.

He’s a terrible person so he will outlive us all. Case in point Kissinger

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
On sourcing, WaPo kindly gives us onestop shopping in the piece quoted above:

quote:

according to people familiar with the investigation.
Compare that to

quote:

State and federal officials declined to name the man or describe a potential motive. However, a law enforcement official identified him as Ricky Shiffer.
According to another law enforcement official, agents are investigating Shiffer’s possible ties to extremist groups, including the Proud Boys, whose leaders are accused of helping launch the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Both officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.
The first sources, about the documents, know some but not all of what investigators were seeking. They do not know the more relevant and newsworthy piece: what was recovered

quote:

The people who described some of the material that agents were seeking spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. They did not offer additional details about what type of information the agents were seeking, including whether it involved weapons belonging to the United States or some other nation. Nor did they say if such documents were recovered as part of the search.
Might be someone conducting the investigation who either has a very narrow view with little sense of the overall picture (but is nonetheless able to convince WaPo they know what's up). Might be someone conducting it who knows way more than they're telling (which raises the question of why they'd only partially leak, particularly when it seems as if what they've shared is to be disseminated officially shortly). Might be someone(or the lawyers of someone) who has been interviewed by investigators, as target, witness, or both (not perfect, most wouldn't say this leak helps Trump, but does a tidy job of explaining the lack of present knowledge and incomplete understanding of the investigation's scope).

Might be someone else entirely. But on the shortlist of people who'd know part of what was being sought, are willing to talk to the press, are found credible by real outlets, and are unable or unwilling to share detailed scope and the outcome of the search.... I lean away from the investigators and towards Trumpworld and witnesses.

YMMV.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

ryde posted:

The Saudi’s just finished hosting a golf tournament at Trump’s Bedminster course in New Jersey the end of July.

quote:

But the golf itself at the $25m Saudi-backed event continues to take a back seat to the ample controversy outside the ropes.

Money quote:

quote:

But it was the surprising dearth of spectators on hand for Friday’s opening round of the 54-hole, no-cut tournament – a shock even in light of LIV Golf’s flickering lifespan – that left more questions than answers on what return the tour’s Saudi backers can realistically expect on their investment.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Last I checked the investigators found nothing of interest to them in the safe, so at this point in order to avoid being misinformed I'd wait for the warrant to be unsealed.

Trump is a senile idiot, so it's just as likely he took the documents without realizing what they were, probably more likely in fact, than any nefarious purpose. The laughing goblin inside me would like to think he tried to give nuclear secrets to Putin, of course.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

LIV Golf being a front for Trump handing nuclear secrets to the Saudis seems like the most Trumpian thing that could happen so I'm going with that theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

LionArcher posted:

I would think for actual hogs a high powered rifle over an AR would be better, considering a Hog can probably take a few rounds to go down. (See also why you want a heavy duty rifle versus a bear versus an AR). On the other hand, if there's a bunch of hogs I suppose in theory the faster rate of fire/mag capacity on the AR would be handy.

This is like the friend I have who argued having a small Glock camping is a good idea because he could stop a bear if it showed up. I laughed at him and said all that's going to do is make sure the bear kills him for sure.

Or if the thing gets in your face.