Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

vyelkin posted:

yeah that's what makes the situation less black and white for me and why I'm not fully on team "keep cumshitter permabanned forever" (I honestly don't have an opinion one way or the other on his merits as a poster because I never interacted with him as a poster or as a mod). His response was wrong and unacceptable, but it was a response to a bad situation that was in part due to our slow response as a mod team. As I said at the top of that post, we had been hitting Alec with much harsher punishments and were actively talking about a permaban, but cumshitter jumped the gun in a way that can't be acceptable here.

I say all this not necessarily to make a case for cumshitter to stay banned, but to explain why he was permabanned in the first place, to provide context for people who only heard about this second or thirdhand, and to give you the rationale for why the admin team will probably not agree to free him. While some CSPAM posters have fond memories of cumshitter and we as a CSPAM mod team can make the case that he would in all likelihood be fine if allowed back, it's likely that it still won't happen because it could set a precedent that doxxing threats are acceptable under certain circumstances.

the really funny thing about that whole situation is that the avatar change that caused cumshitters meltdown wasn't from alec, it was from someone else who admitted it later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Azathoth posted:

I hesitate to speak for Jeff but gonna go out on a limb and say this one's gonna be a "no". You can try QCS if you like, but I really don't think it'll work. Ultimately it's Jeff's call.

I do hope he reregs and comes back after his probe is up, but as with everyone loving around in the Biosphere Collapse thread, they were loving around with a thread Jeff reads and enjoys and that's never gonna end well.

He's not even probed. He could rereg whenever (and I know there are people who'd help with the cost if it's prohibitive for him, hell, ten bucks is a bit hard for me to spare at the moment but I'd probably scrape it together if there were a way to reach him) but if I'd been banned with a BE POLITE OR ELSE in loving cspam I'm not sure I'd feel like throwing good money after bad, you know?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My feedback is that Jeff is bad at moderating and should stay the hell out of it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i like the implication that jeff was fine with reading pages of arfs climate cringe posts but fly molo was just too much

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

AnimeIsTrash posted:

gas the glenn thread
gas the trump thread
ik paul_soccer12

it's a fair bargain

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

seems awful mean to paul tho

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

why does everyone want the trump and now glenn thread gone? at the very least they are containment zones

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
One of my many problems with the moderation is we have, lets be frank nazi schizo dumb rear end takes in Ukraine thread that are either under punished or to slow.

evilmiera posted:

I guess someone will have to take their place, given events at that airport yesterday.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Idk how this isn't a ban, please dont let GBS dogs, worms lower than dirt post like this in C-spam thank you

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

why does everyone want the trump and now glenn thread gone? at the very least they are containment zones

Rifht ??

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Judakel was rightfully permaed for posting like a freak cheering on civilian death, why cant we apply that to all the "people" who drop by to masturbate to peoples suffering?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Terminal autist posted:

One of my many problems with the moderation is we have, lets be frank nazi schizo dumb rear end takes in Ukraine thread that are either under punished or to slow.

Idk how this isn't a ban, please dont let GBS dogs, worms lower than dirt post like this in C-spam thank you

The plan was to ask him to explain himself and then chain probe indefinitely if he wussed out

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

paul_soccer12 posted:

The plan was to ask him to explain himself and then chain probe indefinitely if he wussed out

So what's the benefit we have a rotating cast of mentally challenged animals that belong in cages just asking questions?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

free white sauce.... !.. !.. !!..

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Terminal autist posted:

So what's the benefit we have a rotating cast of mentally challenged animals that belong in cages just asking questions?

yep. and for the low cost of 10 dollars

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Terminal autist posted:

I'm gay

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gay

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

paul_soccer12 posted:

I reluctantly am gay

thread is now for advice for paul_soccer on how to be gayer or how to be gay better

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Terminal autist posted:

Goddamn I didn't see that one! This guy sucks rear end!

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

had a girlfriend, really the homophobic gimmick account should've been banned long ago

Don’t do this poo poo here lol.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Korean Boomhauer posted:

Don’t do this poo poo here lol.

Playing a lot of metal gear solid 2 right now. Frequently Raiden will start having intrusive thoughts about the mission and Rose/the colonel will remind him to stay focused on the task at hand. Hp hovercraft, I'm not trying to stifle you, but I also need you to focus on the task at hand (not doing this poo poo here).

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

never knew the name of this track

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

can see this very easily in a james gunn movie

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

gas the glenn thread
gas the trump thread
ik paul_soccer12

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Please stop probating Paul for his failed snipes, I was only kidding around and I honestly find them endearing and cute.

Also that's a lot of words about cumshitter but I think we all know why he was really permaed.

cumshitter posted:

I have information that will lead to the arrest of hillary clinton.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Oh yeah one more thing, I think it would be cool to have a thread to post about the journalistic musings of Glenn Greenwald.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

vyelkin posted:

oh, also the most recent case I can remember where somebody maxed out their reports, they were going apeshit over somebody else trolling their favourite thread and in the reports they were calling us names and demanding to be made IK of the thread so they could rule it with an iron fist, and then like a week later they got banned for something completely unrelated

Was this Zerg mans?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Weka posted:

Oh yeah one more thing, I think it would be cool to have a thread to post about the journalistic musings of Glenn Greenwald.

i can get you a used one, but all sales are final. Needs some refurb

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Was this Zerg mans?

I'm not gonna name names and honestly I think it's funnier that it could apply to so many people

Weka posted:

Please stop probating Paul for his failed snipes, I was only kidding around and I honestly find them endearing and cute.

lol fine, personally I find it funny when Paul misses a snipe and I'm pretty sure they're asleep so a sixer would do no harm

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I don't see how we can promote someone with such terrible page sniping aim to IK.

And I say this as someone who missed by ten posts.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I don't see how we can promote someone with such terrible page sniping aim to IK.

And I say this as someone who missed by ten posts.

someone brought up the idea of ik contests earlier in the thread. snipe contest

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

too easy for a dedicated posting clique to game

make it a sheep game

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Paul will snipe away the bad posters like he snipes pages.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Paul will snipe away the bad posters like he snipes pages.

damning with faint praise if ever i heard it

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

damning with faint praise if ever i heard it

ill take 80%

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

vyelkin posted:

I'm not gonna name names and honestly I think it's funnier that it could apply to so many people

lmfao it was 100% zerg mans

Weka
May 5, 2019

vyelkin posted:

lol fine, personally I find it funny when Paul misses a snipe and I'm pretty sure they're asleep so a sixer would do no harm

I just feel so guilty denying the forums his posts.

redneck nazgul posted:

too easy for a dedicated posting clique to game

make it a sheep game

As a NZer I support whatever this is.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Weka posted:

As a NZer I support whatever this is.

sheep game is where you ask a bunch of questions, and people are supposed to answer with how they think the most popular answer will go. you get points based on how many other people said your answer. highest score wins, lowest score usually gets some recognition.

so if the question is "who is the worst mod of CSPAM"

ten people say "all of them", so they all get ten points
three people say "azathoth", they all get three points
one person says "tmurp", they get one point

it's been done a lot in other forums, mostly D&D and AI

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My money is on ewb, he got popped recently on his rereg and I'm happy for the dude

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

sheep game is where you ask a bunch of questions, and people are supposed to answer with how they think the most popular answer will go. you get points based on how many other people said your answer. highest score wins, lowest score usually gets some recognition.

so if the question is "who is the worst mod of CSPAM"

ten people say "all of them", so they all get ten points
three people say "azathoth", they all get three points
one person says "tmurp", they get one point

it's been done a lot in other forums, mostly D&D and AI

if you guess some dipshit trump thread misspelling it should be a persistent -10 that carries over through rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

the problem with the sheep game is the same as we've had with other threads where people nominate folks, a whole lot of you don't actually want to be IKs and when asked refuse with variations on "lmao no". it would be nice if any solution included a way to only consider people who opt in