Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

rodbeard posted:

Tiny Toons had weird internet fans and ended in 92

Didn't it end because of those weird fans? Like the women VA were constantly harassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I would date and eventually marry chicken boo

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Brawnfire posted:

I would date and eventually marry chicken boo

He's a chicken! He's a giant chicken, I tell ya! I'm not crazy! Let go of me, he's a chicken, can't you see he's a chicken!!!

Although he was from Animaniacs, not Tiny Toons

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

drat it!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Didn't it end because of those weird fans? Like the women VA were constantly harassed.

No. It ended because they didn't want to produce both Tiny Toons and Animaniacs so they moved all the VAs (except one, who got real mad) over to Animaniacs.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Its ok, Animaniacs is a Tiny Toon spinoff.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

They're bringing back Tiny Toons and for some reason they've decided that in this version Buster and Babs are related.

That's just such an odd change. "No relation" is the closest thing they have to a catchphrase. Next you're going to tell me Yakko, Wacko and Dot aren't related in their reboot.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Phylodox posted:

It’s easy to remember.

Ice-T = Tutuola

Ice Cube = Craig (from Friday)

If your Ice is T, copaganda there be

If your Ice is Cube, Barbershop's on the tube

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

I AM GRANDO posted:

If your Ice is T, copaganda there be

If your Ice is Cube, Barbershop's on the tube

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Randalor posted:

That's just such an odd change. "No relation" is the closest thing they have to a catchphrase. Next you're going to tell me Yakko, Wacko and Dot aren't related in their reboot.

They say No Relation as in no relation to Bugs.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Was Judgement Night as bad as I remember?

It was good but not even close to Judgement Day

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Paul Rugg, creator of Tiny Toons, got weirded out when it was revealed that they were twins in the reboot.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He's a chicken! He's a giant chicken, I tell ya! I'm not crazy! Let go of me, he's a chicken, can't you see he's a chicken!!!

The Animaniacs reboot was pretty good but I absolutely hated that they killed the Chicken Boo gag. It was my favorite from the original run.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Phylodox posted:

I mean, Gargoyles is old, but it came out at, like, the perfect time to create a weird, horny Internet fan base. It coincided perfectly with the beginning of widespread online fan fiction posting and forum discussion. I remember being impressed by the logical gymnastics one fanfic writer used to write a Gargoyles/Deep Space Nine crossover.

Not as wild as you'd think given the jokes about how Gargoyles is half a TNG cast reunion and DS9 had multiple time travel episodes and a flat out AU

Detective No. 27 posted:

Paul Rugg, creator of Tiny Toons, got weirded out when it was revealed that they were twins in the reboot.

Why can't he just accept that a giant chicken is doing things, what did the chicken ever do to him

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

rydiafan posted:

But my slash fiction! :negative:

I take it you haven't watched Supernatural, then.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Not as wild as you'd think given the jokes about how Gargoyles is half a TNG cast reunion and DS9 had multiple time travel episodes and a flat out AU

That gif of "Will" Riker pulling off his sideburns to reveal he was Thomas Riker all along, except instead it's David Xanatos.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Randalor posted:

Not a native speaker - did "No relation" mean "no relation to the other famous toon who has Bunny as a surname" or "we're not related"?

Because the latter version is how the German dub had it.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
It meant the latter; they were not related to each other.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Dave Syndrome posted:

Not a native speaker - did "No relation" mean "no relation to the other famous toon who has Bunny as a surname" or "we're not related"?

Because the latter version is how the German dub had it.

They had the same last name so people would of assumed they were related.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wonder if that was a joke on Donald and Daisy.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They say No Relation as in no relation to Bugs.

I always thought it was said in relation to each other, considering the context is "HI, I'm Buster Bunny/And I'm Babs Bunny/... No relation (said unanimously)". As in, they were so used to people asking if they were related that they say it as a knee-jerk reaction. Then again, I have a last name that's a variant of another common name, and I spell it automatically when people ask what my name is because I was asked so often how it's spelled.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Toshimo posted:

No. It ended because they didn't want to produce both Tiny Toons and Animaniacs so they moved all the VAs (except one, who got real mad) over to Animaniacs.

Charlie Adler (Buster) taught my VA 101 class and did not address this, should have asked him

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

There was a whole episode about Buster taking Babs to prom (and them getting revenge on Montana Max for standing up Elmyra) in the original run, so yeah, I doubt they were related to each other.
The No Relation thing was because they were at least occasionally presented as a couple but they had the same last name.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This chickenary? He's done worse.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

You don't know Boo

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So because it was name dropped on lpotl and I used to like when they aired it on Comedy Central back in the day, I’m wondering how well The gods must be crazy holds up. Guessing not well!

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

rydiafan posted:

But my slash fiction! :negative:

This is not going to stop anyone and will, in fact, probably embolden a certain subset of fans.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

So because it was name dropped on lpotl and I used to like when they aired it on Comedy Central back in the day, I’m wondering how well The gods must be crazy holds up. Guessing not well!

The set up is a african dude finding a coke bottle and thinking its a message from god, right? Yeah sounds like that might not age well

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ambitious Spider posted:

It was colonialist pro-Apartheid garbage on release and people called it out then.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Toshimo posted:

It was colonialist pro-Apartheid garbage on release and people called it out then.

I was curious, because the last time I saw it I was an ignorant 14-year-old or so and I remember not really understanding most of what was going on. Here's an article I found from a few years after its release that ruthlessly eviscerates it. Tl;dr: the problem is that every non-white character is depicted as either as idiots or terrorists, and the white people are all good. Ultimately the message of the movie is "black people are better off on their own as tribal hunter-gatherers; they cannot handle modern society."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

DontMockMySmock posted:

I was curious, because the last time I saw it I was an ignorant 14-year-old or so and I remember not really understanding most of what was going on. Here's an article I found from a few years after its release that ruthlessly eviscerates it. Tl;dr: the problem is that every non-white character is depicted as either as idiots or terrorists, and the white people are all good. Ultimately the message of the movie is "black people are better off on their own as tribal hunter-gatherers; they cannot handle modern society."

We do have things like the atom bomb…

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

christmas boots posted:

Nice u/n combo platter

Earl Grey tea never hurt people the way Coke bottles do or something

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

christmas boots posted:

So I think I'll stay where I ahm.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Greatest rhyme ever

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

christmas boots posted:

Greatest rhyme ever

It's not a patch on Flagpole Sitta's

they cut off my legs
now I'm an ampu
tee God drat you

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Just a city boy.
Born and raised in south Detroy.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

rydiafan posted:

Just a city boy.
Born and raised in south Detroy.

<:mad:>

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies solved the orange rhyme problem years ago:

Oh flip, the light is turning orange
Coat ripped when I caught it in the door hinge

Also, I had a King of the Hill repeat on again and it did remind me that the hippie backlash was still going strong into the 90s and early 2000s (and sad to say a stupid teenager bought into that stuff...) but looking back at how people were mad at hippies it just reminds me again how reactive we are as a society. It was the episode where they are camping and the hippies take over the national park and they are just lazy and scheming.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mooseontheloose posted:

Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies solved the orange rhyme problem years ago:

Oh flip, the light is turning orange
Coat ripped when I caught it in the door hinge

Also, I had a King of the Hill repeat on again and it did remind me that the hippie backlash was still going strong into the 90s and early 2000s (and sad to say a stupid teenager bought into that stuff...) but looking back at how people were mad at hippies it just reminds me again how reactive we are as a society. It was the episode where they are camping and the hippies take over the national park and they are just lazy and scheming.

Yeah. The real problem with hippies is that they're just mild-mannered conservatives with flowery language.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah. The real problem with hippies is that they're just mild-mannered conservatives with flowery language.

Not gonna lie, that realization was a bit of a shock to me.
There's this string of mini-donut places around here owned by some old hippy dude, but then I learned he was hella-racist, so I can't eat there in good conscience anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the_steve posted:

Not gonna lie, that realization was a bit of a shock to me.
There's this string of mini-donut places around here owned by some old hippy dude, but then I learned he was hella-racist, so I can't eat there in good conscience anymore.
Got bad news about the owners of every business in existence