Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think tomorrow the warrant is going to be made public and we're all going to remember that the media loves to speculate with unnamed sources for clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

It's probably just going to say "We have the right to search Donald Trump's house" and that's about it, so I don't think it's going to do much. It'll be much more interesting once we find out what he's being charged with.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
It's going to be amazing to hear the Republicans spin how giving nuke secrets to the middle east is cool now

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

AHH F/UGH posted:

...Okay? Go ahead?

:byodame: Trump just ORDERED the FBI to release the documents! Why haven't they done it yet? What are they trying to hide? Are they changing them? It's another cover-up! Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh TRUMP arrrgghhh MAGA aaaaaaaarrrgghh!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Side note
https://twitter.com/AkivaMCohen/status/1557939237521182720?t=e1mMv1ubo4wjGPBmWaXk0A&s=19

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Holy poo poo. Literally posting through it.

:justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost:

Let me take a break from my attack on the united states government to shitpost.

a real goon.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

There is that poster avatar of Luigi going bug eyed and screaming from his ball pain and that's me right now.

It's like. You people should stop talking.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Sedgr posted:

Something like this may end up happening. I mean not likely, but Trump has made some unsettling changes to the departments involved in nuclear weapons in the last 72 hours or so. Wouldnt be that surprising to find out he's trying to take nuke info with him to sell to the highest bidder.

poo poo, there was a moving truck that showed up like the day after the election. They should probably be on the lookout for Trump replacing anything valuable in the Whitehouse with cheap forgeries and selling everything that isnt nailed down on the black market.

Dudes got 1 BILLION dollars to pay back somehow.

:lol: Nov 7, 2020. Basilisk reading my notes.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sedgr posted:

:lol: Nov 7, 2020. Basilisk reading my notes.

You gotta be loving kidding me.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
lol trumps gona get gaddafied by his own maga chuds.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Secret Service Agent: Mister Trump, sir, I'm sorry our attempts to help you kill Mike Pence failed. There's always 2024 my Geotus. Apropos, where would you like these stacks upon stacks of sensitive documents placed?

Trump, throwing a hamburger at the wall: Into the moving van.

SSA: Ah yes, of course sir. I love you. This...won't come back to haunt me later, will it?

Trump: TF do I care? *splat* TAKE THAT OBAMA!

SSA: You are my everything.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Fumble posted:

lol trumps gona get gaddafied by his own maga chuds.

Let's hope the next person they latch onto is just as dumb as the turmpster.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AHH F/UGH posted:

It's probably just going to say "We have the right to search Donald Trump's house" and that's about it, so I don't think it's going to do much. It'll be much more interesting once we find out what he's being charged with.
It has to specify what exactly they are searching for and what criminal charge(s) the search is connected to. They'll probably redact most of the inventory since, you know, classified but just knowing what they want to catch him on is going to produce a bumper crop of Fox spin.
In fact, the more items they redact the better the harvest will be.

e: aw man, i just read that it's not gonna include why they were searching :(

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 12, 2022

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
What if :

If the Saudis or some other foreign entity did indeed transact for nuclear secrets, what should the US response be?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

swordfish duelist posted:

Let's hope the next person they latch onto is just as dumb as the turmpster.
Who do you reckon it would be?

Will it be an existing politician/pundit? Or will they find someone new.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

BrigadierSensible posted:

DeSantis.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Does he have any sort of traction outside of Florida though?

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Lindell
Musk
DeSantis

Joe Arpaio

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Does he have any sort of traction outside of Florida though?

From what I've read, but that's mostly online I admit, he does have traction on a national level. I mean, when I look at the guy I see a sniveling charisma vaccuum that's just cynically doing what's best for his pocket. But I had the same feeling about Trump and lol, he was president for four loving years.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
He's implementing policy that creates the most division and causes the most misery of any Republican out there save maybe Texas and no way Republicans would ever vote a cripple for President.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

lol what the gently caress

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What page did this first start kicking off?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Almost Smart posted:

I’m more concerned about the fate of the corn than the shitstain hiding in it. Ohio sucks rear end through a straw, but it has really good corn if you get it fresh.

does anyone know the status of the corn :ohdear:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Samovar posted:

What page did this first start kicking off?

3050-ish?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

An insane mind posted:

From what I've read, but that's mostly online I admit, he does have traction on a national level. I mean, when I look at the guy I see a sniveling charisma vaccuum that's just cynically doing what's best for his pocket. But I had the same feeling about Trump and lol, he was president for four loving years.

Trump and only Trump has Trump charisma

Ron Desantis is a paste eating, dunce hat wearing remedial student. Half of that may be seen as a plus but again he's also not Trump

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Alan Smithee posted:

does anyone know the status of the corn :ohdear:
it's doing amaizing.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

It's going to be extremely funny when trump runs and wins again and the official republican voter line will have to just be "yeah gently caress america!!!!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Shishkahuben posted:

lol that the FBI goons are dicking around in the mud trying to find a chud before he bleeds out and becomes an Ohio Elemental

just lol all around

they say if you walk the cornfields at night you can hear a ghost moaning "mooooorrrrooooon laaaaaabe"

Burt Gherkin
Feb 8, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Trump and only Trump has Trump charisma

Ron Desantis is a paste eating, dunce hat wearing remedial student. Half of that may be seen as a plus but again he's also not Trump

Is he actually a stupid? I thought I remembered reading he went to Harvard/Yale law. Sociopath from a rich family maybe? I think his talent is knowing just how to scratch that part of the lizard brain that chuds can't resist.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
lol at Trump doing espionage for the people who 9/11'd us

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Burt Gherkin posted:

Harvard/Yale law.

lolmao

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Burt Gherkin posted:

Is he actually a stupid? I thought I remembered reading he went to Harvard/Yale law. Sociopath from a rich family maybe? I think his talent is knowing just how to scratch that part of the lizard brain that chuds can't resist.

You can be incredibly dumb with a good degree.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I dunno, I can't see a DeSantis drawing rally crowds or inspiring blind devotion like Trump does. Trump is still coasting on his decades-old myth of the golden god in the giant New York tower, swimming Scrooge McDuck-like through lakes of money. They voted for him because they thought he would make them as rich as he is just through the contact high (and prevent the Wrong People from getting the money that is rightfully theirs), and they keep crawling after him even in exile and disgrace because they think he's literally Jesus and they think they're in a movie where they are the good guys who will be proved right in the end. It's all because DONALD TRUMP is and has always been an American colloquialism for $$$$$$$$$$$$$

All the other GOP demagogues are drawing crowds only on the strength of how well they can preach the Trump gospel. Nobody is coming to see them personally. If Trump is not in the picture, they've got nothing to sell.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Grammarchist posted:

Wasn't one of Trump's first forays into politics talking to Roy Cohn about how he would make a great negotiator on Nuclear Arms under Reagan?

who knew he meant it about pricing though

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Trump talks on a televangelist frequency that gets churchies dick hard. Desantis sounds like someone who calls the cops on you for not mowing your lawn

Burt Gherkin posted:

i mean not literally but look at him

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Burt Gherkin posted:

Donating a wing to a school gets you whatever you want

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

happyhippy posted:

It's going to be amazing to hear the Republicans spin how giving nuke secrets to the middle east is cool now

they weren't secrets

he declassified them with his brain while jared was busy with the xerox machine

a president can just do that and not tell anybody

cool and normal

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Lol, this is war. No, I'm not calling for war. But I'm calling for people to be ready to start war. Like the leftists and their infamous right wing angled mass shootings while I was trying to do a mass shooting.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Data Graham posted:

I dunno, I can't see a DeSantis drawing rally crowds or inspiring blind devotion like Trump does.

DeSantis also has the drawback of being a career politician with a ivory tower law degree as opposed to a fuckwit real estate guy or a food poisoning restaurant owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

frumpykvetchbot posted:

they weren't secrets

he declassified them with his brain while jared was busy with the xerox machine

a president can just do that and not tell anybody

cool and normal

If the president does it, it’s not illegal

*does not apply to democrats