Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

lmfao the trophy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

this thread is such a joy to read when you’re still waking up

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Amazing page, great job all. Gonna stare into the middle distance for an hour be back later.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

A Bakers Cousin posted:

hey i got this idea to have the tallest towers in nyc, hey jeff you know some guys right?

https://twitter.com/elizabetm1/status/1558084154750894088?s=20&t=DGKODUx6NHITs5lpBxlXDw

quote:

Twenty years after 9/11, we can still hear Donald Trump’s reaction to the terrorist attacks – and it was a strange one.

That’s because on 11 September, 2001, the future US president called into the TV station WWOR to talk about the day’s tragic events. Then, oddly, he turned his attention to the height of one of his properties, which he falsely claimed was now the tallest building in lower Manhattan.

“Well, it was an amazing phone call,” Mr Trump told WWOR. “I mean, 40 Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan. And it was actually – before the World Trade Center – was the tallest. And then when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second-tallest, and now it’s the tallest.”

The interview had begun with a more predictable focus, as Mr Trump explained how he witnessed part of the attacks.

“I have a window that looks directly at the World Trade Center and I saw this huge explosion,” he said, apparently referring to his view from Trump Tower. “I was with a group of people. I really couldn’t even believe it.

“And even, I think, worse than that, for years I’ve looked right directly at the building. I’d see the Empire State Building in the foreground and the World Trade Center in the background. And now I’m looking at absolutely nothing. It’s just gone. And it’s just hard to believe.”

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

hell yeah

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

nut posted:

lmfao the trophy

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Amazing page, great job all.

twoday
May 4, 2005

and never forget:

https://twitter.com/TheCogent1/status/1436680924570259457?t=1HuC3OFVkCNp3tpPWWVjgg&s=19

and now for some tunes

hit it, Freddie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85dYshiw55Q

twoday has issued a correction as of 17:14 on Aug 12, 2022

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

there was a tweet from the first 9/11 trump was president where it went "advisor: 'whatever you do, don't say bush did 9/11.' trump: *trying to think of something to say* 'I did 9/11'" and i thought it was a joke

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

stop making me like him

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is that one of bush's paintings

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Broke: Bush did 9/11

Woke: Epstein did 9/11

Bespoke: Trump did 9/11

twoday
May 4, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

it was found on the wall in Epstein's mansion

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

Broke: Bush did 9/11

Woke: Epstein did 9/11

Bespoke: Trump did 9/11

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

twoday posted:

it was found on the wall in Epstein's mansion

i mean did bush paint it, it looks kind of like what i think i remember some of his looked like

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Shear Modulus posted:

I think its by some other artist who also did one of Bill Clinton wearing the infamous blue dress that belonged to lewisnky.

Edit: the artist is named Petrina Ryan-Kleid

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Ziggy Smalls posted:

I think its by some other artist who also did one of Bill Clinton wearing the infamous blue dress that belonged to lewisnky.

Edit: the artist is named Petrina Ryan-Kleid

youd think he comes of afford someone who could paint better

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Ive seen this painting a lot but i never figured the paper planes and the pile of blocks was a 9/11 illustration :allbuttons:

drat lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Jolly West in chapter 1 of Aberration lol.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Amazing page, great job all. Gonna stare into the middle distance for an hour be back later.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

*laughing insanely intensifies*

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol my brain loving melted when that painting got revealed

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

is the trump seizure stuff actual technical plans for nukes or something dumb like "plan to carpet nuke asia 7.B"?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Marzzle posted:

is the trump seizure stuff actual technical plans for nukes or something dumb like "plan to carpet nuke asia 7.B"?

Not clear yet. They're currently playing a will they or won't they of the FBI or a judge making public the warrant that would list what they were searching for, which probably means merrick garland will release it in three weeks with everything redacted.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
i can’t imagine it was anywhere but this thread that I had it recommended. The Parallax View is on those free streaming services and I watched it for the first time and Warren Beatty looks great as hell and its a totally insane and legit conspiracy theory thriller to have come out in 1974.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

inconsequential posted:

i can’t imagine it was anywhere but this thread that I had it recommended. The Parallax View is on those free streaming services and I watched it for the first time and Warren Beatty looks great as hell and its a totally insane and legit conspiracy theory thriller to have come out in 1974.

it just got removed from criterion channel, good to see it's on pluto cause i wanna rewatch it soon.

another good thread recommendation that i watched a couple weeks ago, State of Siege, is still on criterion for anyone looking for something to watch.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gonna recommend Klute (film noir from the perspective of the femme fatale) and Z (political thriller about the murder of a leftist politician) from respectively the same directors

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mr Freedom is the movie to watch might be on criterion still

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

gonna recommend Klute (film noir from the perspective of the femme fatale) and Z (political thriller about the murder of a leftist politician) from respectively the same directors

nice. Z is on youtube: https://youtu.be/qq6ky_A0k0k

i still need to watch Mr Freedom. I'm about to read a few more chapters of Chaos right now :ghost:

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

mark immune posted:

*laughing insanely intensifies*

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they left off first grade rear end in a top hat

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

they left off first grade rear end in a top hat

He probably had access to plenty of that, what with him running in the same circles as a bunch of CIA guys and probably attending their parties

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this is that solid ep thread vibe im f5'n for

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

can someone dig up his robot psychotherapist paper?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

ask not for whom the crack pings

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Three Days Of The Condor and Marathon Man pair nicely with Parallax View

The Conversation, and Blow Out, also good for some thread vibes

I couldn't get into Klute for some reason, I have a high tolerance for meandering 70s auteur poo poo but it just didn't do it for me

Laterite has issued a correction as of 09:31 on Aug 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There was an old Gene Hackman movie that's supposed to be a good fit for this thread but i can't remember the name

Not enemy of the state