Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

unwantedplatypus posted:

This pandemic has completely radicalized me, its just truly atrocious and disgraceful the response, from start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the pandemic will never be finished

700 ppl a day are still dying, 8.5x as many as gun victims, and its just a collective shoulder shrug

not even getting into the tens of millions who will be affected by longvid

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Hillary needs therapy

like psychoanalysis. She has several personality disorders and is having trouble coming back to reality

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol did she forget that she is married to bill clinton

Hillary was more than a candidate, she was light itself

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

in this house we believe in millions dying of a disease that could of been prevented

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol CDC's recommendations are just "SARS is endemic now, best of luck idiots!"

center for disease contagion

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol at how it was forbidden to question why hillary never broke with bill and his power

yass epsteiqueen, etc

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's the Center for Disease Control. The disease controls our society from the center.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

the white hand posted:

lol at how it was forbidden to question why hillary never broke with bill and his power

yass epsteiqueen, etc

except when he was trying to advise her on how to win an election

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Car Hater posted:

except when he was trying to advise her on how to win an election

I mean, “do the opposite of what bill says” is probably good advice in general

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

hobbesmaster posted:

not for being president apparently

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

She's got more money and power than practically every other human on earth and she can't enjoy any of it because of her own hubris. I like that.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
they tried claiming that they were broke when they left the white house lol

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

ex post facho posted:

the pandemic will never be finished

700 ppl a day are still dying, 8.5x as many as gun victims, and its just a collective shoulder shrug

not even getting into the tens of millions who will be affected by longvid

I got covid for the first time two weeks ago and FUCCCK that poo poo sucked. I had one shot and one booster and lol

I call it a shot because the definition of vaccine meant you were immune like polio and chickenpox but lol the rich can just redefine anything they want with impunity

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
sometimes i remember that everyone was super excited for the mRNA vaccine breakthrough because it meant that they could get vaccines for different strains of disease out quicker, and that there have been no new vaccines made for any new strains of covid

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Malleum posted:

sometimes i remember that everyone was super excited for the mRNA vaccine breakthrough because it meant that they could get vaccines for different strains of disease out quicker, and that there have been no new vaccines made for any new strains of covid

its gonna rule if we dont actually see updated boosters until 2025 when the only party that governs in the US takes full control of the federal government, but libs go back to refusing the trump vaccine

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Malleum posted:

moderna and pfizer have been saying the updated booster is three months away for like a year

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

The Pussy Boss posted:

I still believe that the Democrats will get loving demolished in the upcoming election

Herschel Walker is going to win

Beto will lose by 10 points

Speaking of Beto:
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1557879554777153547

Nice Polite Republics indeed. I don’t even particularly like Beto, but just lol at the idea that Beto’s problem is that he hasn’t smoothed out and sanded down all relatable personality traits. Also lol that anyone gives a poo poo about swearing these days, especially in the era of “shithole countries.”

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shear Modulus posted:

moderna and pfizer have been saying the updated booster is three months away for like a year

I have the feeling it's gonna be just like the ppe and testing shortage, where the wh was approached directly with "We can spin up production if you just guarantee us the sales" and brandon opted to just wait and see instead

Pulcinella posted:

Speaking of Beto:

Nice Polite Republics indeed. I don’t even particularly like Beto, but just lol at the idea that Beto’s problem is that he hasn’t smoothed out and sanded down all relatable personality traits. Also lol that anyone gives a poo poo about swearing these days, especially in the era of “shithole countries.”

They're doing the dumb lib thing where they don't realize republicans aren't going to vote for democrats, so instead they take the most recently stated 'misgiving' at face value.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Aug 12, 2022

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Remember when "am i going to have to get a shot every six months for the rest of my life???" was an imagined bad outcome

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pulcinella posted:

Speaking of Beto:

as we all know, the elderly hate swears and bad language, esp racial slurs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shear Modulus posted:

Remember when "am i going to have to get a shot every six months for the rest of my life???" was an imagined bad outcome

they announced like last year or maybe earlier this year that we can't do year-round vaccines for the same reason we can't do them for the flu: constantly getting vaccinated every few months is in fact bad for your overall immune system

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

hobbesmaster posted:

Narrator: "It was not good advice in the general"

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acelerion posted:

She's got more money and power than practically every other human on earth and she can't enjoy any of it because of her own hubris. I like that.

she probably understands really clearly how much more influence she would have now if she had just shut up and stayed on the board of wal-mart

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I look forward to the Democrat candidate in 2024 saying that selling plutonium to al-Qaeda is wrong, but they're letting Trump run for president so the American people can decide. Then Trump will win in a landslide.

MLSM posted:

I call it a shot because the definition of vaccine meant you were immune like polio and chickenpox but lol the rich can just redefine anything they want with impunity

This was never actually the case, it's just that most vaccines are capable of creating population-level immunity with a high enough uptake rate. With these covid vaccines, the needed rate is like 90% because the virus is so loving contagious, but Dr. Fauci got to 2/3rds and said "gently caress it, close enough."

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The democrats are going to be destroyed in 12 weeks and 4 days

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Chamale posted:

I look forward to the Democrat candidate in 2024 saying that selling plutonium to al-Qaeda is wrong, but they're letting Trump run for president so the American people can decide. Then Trump will win in a landslide.

this would be so funny

it’d be funnier if Trump then put Biden in jail but he was too much of a coward to put Hillary in prison so there’s no way he’ll do it to Biden

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anthony fauci is a terrible monster

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

seriously really cool that the CDC just told me and every other immunocompromised person in america to go gently caress ourselves if we want to leave the house or lol continue working from home

so glad that an organization responsible for public health has so completely given up their mandate and power in favor of "individual decisions" during a goddamn pandemic. loving lol

https://twitter.com/AnitaKPatelMD/status/1557776767817076737

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol forever that fauci returned to the well

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mind_Taker posted:

this would be so funny

it’d be funnier if Trump then put Biden in jail but he was too much of a coward to put Hillary in prison so there’s no way he’ll do it to Biden

tbf i think the clintons have a much higher body count than biden

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Tony Three-Plagues strikes again

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
oh good we learned nothing from AIDS

like not even the loving surface-level lessons that an idiot in Florida could take away

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh good we learned nothing from AIDS

like not even the loving surface-level lessons that an idiot in Florida could take away

supposedly the edict came from the cdc.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

not sure what you mean by saying they learned nothing from aids, seems to me they learned a great deal about how to minimize a disease outbreak

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

not sure what you mean by saying they learned nothing from aids, seems to me they learned a great deal about how to minimize a disease outbreak

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

It's the Center for Disease Control. The disease controls our society from the center.

centers for disease and control.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

center for disease conservation

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Center for Disease Collaboration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007