Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MJeff posted:

Hit Row had like three good promos on NXT, completely flopped on the main roster and then Top Dolla got everybody fired by being an idiot and Swerve immediately went on to better things.

I understand at the time that people felt like it was a hot act with a lot of potential but the idea that it was some holy grail can't miss thing? Swerve has already exceeded it with what he's doing now.

They legit had cool presentation and felt very modern which is rare for wwe, but yeah they were around for what a month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I almost exclusively follow WWE through podcasts and text so I although I know the names of WWE people I don't know what a lot of them look like and I was unaware Swerve had been part of that group or WWE at all. lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only thing I actually remember about Hit Row was that their first few promos people thought were great and then they clearly got Writers Involved and they sucked after that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

They legit had cool presentation and felt very modern which is rare for wwe, but yeah they were around for what a month?

I'm fairly certain Swerve in Our Glory has already lasted longer, yeah.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the hit row guy was making a very obvious joke in the vein of the people who talk about mox coming back to The Shield except using a stable nobody ever gave a gently caress about

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MJeff posted:

I'm fairly certain Swerve in Our Glory has already lasted longer, yeah.

You have to keep in mind that in these peoples minds, everything that happens in WWE is automatically better than anything any other wrestling promotion does because it has the most viewers. Thus, it doesn't matter if Swerve and Keith Lee hold the AEW tag belts for like 2 straight years, they'll still say both guys were used better in WWE

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Drakkel posted:

You have to keep in mind that in these peoples minds, everything that happens in WWE is automatically better than anything any other wrestling promotion does because it has the most viewers. Thus, it doesn't matter if Swerve and Keith Lee hold the AEW tag belts for like 2 straight years, they'll still say both guys were used better in WWE

WWE guys: Bryan Danielson and CM Punk always makes me lol

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

MassRafTer posted:

Except that's not the case. WWE has tried every trick in the book to fight AEW from NXT on USA to attempting to sign any indie wrestler who appeared on Dynamite before AEW could to leaking stories in the press to running an NXT show the day of All Out. And then there is them trying to pick a fight with an overrun against Rampage and losing to the Bunny. WWE very much treats it like a war.

I mean, yeah, WWE thinks it's a war, WWE thinks a lot of wrong things.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

1glitch0 posted:

WWE guys: Bryan Danielson and CM Punk always makes me lol

It’s one of those things that drives me insane. I bought a t shirt from Danielson at PWG bola 08. Gave him a 20 dollar bill and everything. The idea that he was made in wwe just baffles me.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

El Generico posted:

I mean, yeah, WWE thinks it's a war, WWE thinks a lot of wrong things.

These tactics are still literally being done with the intention of strangling aew. If someone decides to fight a war, then a war is happening.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I remember that NXT match between Swerve and... Leon Ruff? which might actually be the last great NXT match. It ended when Top Dollar interfered.

Don't Top Dollar and Swerve dislike eachother anyway?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Does anybody besides HHH like Top Dollar?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like Top Dollar

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

poo poo wait I thought you meant Ty Dolla $ign

Nah gently caress Top Dollar

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
You guys can bet your bottom dollar I'm not gonna watch NXT even if they bring back Hit Row

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/willh94/status/1558188200165793800

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hunter said 'We want to make top dollar' and Bruce thought he meant 'We want to take Top Dolla'

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sammy Guevara did a skit making fun of him on his vlog back when the vlog wasn’t awful and that’s the only good thing Top Dolla was ever linked to.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Hit Row had exactly one match on the main roster, squashing two jobbers in 80 seconds on the October 22, 2021 episode of Smackdown. They had a few promos before or after that, I think.

That's their entire main roster experience. John Silver, Kris Statlander, Matt Jackson, and various AEW stars who have only done jobber squash matches have had more in-ring main roster time than Hit Row.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Never forget:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Drakkel posted:

Does anybody besides HHH like Top Dollar?
https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1448679775334068232?s=20&t=_1S_H1_4KefanYecak8Vuw
https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1450129554052292616?s=20&t=_1S_H1_4KefanYecak8Vuw

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Inokiism

Sabreism

Nastyism

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Uphold Marxist Leninist Nastyist thought.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Wow. Alfred said that unironically.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lmao

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1558253228550004736

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Deuce finally figuring out JAS' gimmick.

https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1558273817226649600

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/JoshNason/status/1558288671098503168

let me write for WON I’m better than this dork

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
confused by the existence of a midcard stable focused on trios matches in their new trios division

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

I agree. Sports entertainment is both evil and stupid

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
In 2021 people just complained about the Wingmen and the Gunn Club being on tv instead.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Sure, bud. Rumours. Got it. https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1558126420538245121?t=XREjMXBWPIeN8PsNwDVerA&s=19

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Future Me Hates Me posted:

In 2021 people just complained about the Wingmen and the Gunn Club being on tv instead.

Gunn Club yes, Wingmen never

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lmao. Kenny can just stay at home, play videogames and wrestle from time to time in Japan before going to WWE and get called what? Harry Ligma?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
"oh my Pat! Could it be...? It is!"

"You've got to be kidding me!"

"It's Tyson Elite!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sending myself DMs which I can then claim as rumours

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jobbernation is very obviously just a liar who says any old poo poo for a response, but I truly believe you could make some of their credulous followers believe absolutely anything by saying there were "rumours" about it.

Hearing reports that the Acclaimed are SICK of AEW and are getting lawyers involved to get out of their contracts. They could be debuting on Smackdown as the new members of Hit Row within the next two weeks!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Hearing reports that the Acclaimed are SICK of AEW and are getting lawyers involved to get out of their contracts. They could be debuting on Smackdown as the new members of Hit Row within the next two weeks!

Yo

Listen

Be elite, you're a star, that's what Tony Khan said

Made me wrestle on Dark so I'm going to the Fed

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1558279112216563712?t=Qp-FRchIWuut1ENJj6-WXg&s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lamuella posted:

Jobbernation is very obviously just a liar who says any old poo poo for a response, but I truly believe you could make some of their credulous followers believe absolutely anything by saying there were "rumours" about it.

this entire thing is based on that Kenny's contract is up in February 2023, as he signed a four year in 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like it when Nasty goes full 2014 Twitter with it.

Slaveowner energy? Dude