Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

haveblue posted:

figma balls
for the first year of my new job i had to resist saying this multiple times a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’m still in that phase too

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i still have to do it, every single time

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

figma balls

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

this is certainly a thing

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

akadajet posted:

this is certainly a thing

i guess it's better than turning the actual dog into a club cover

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

AtomD posted:

do job postings sound like character bios for the worlds most boring rpg now?

Typically only lovely tech startups that would probably be terrible to work for anyway.

And ones with clueless HR people

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/simonegiertz/status/1558157973779730432

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

collab with marble machine guy when

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

PokeJoe posted:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

KoRMaK posted:

for the first year of my new job i had to resist saying this multiple times a week
I proposed a "figma or ligma" policy for clients to my boss

We just have to figure out what to call it when explaining it to most of our clients (I will totally say it to some of them because some of them are just horsefuckers)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

PIZZA.BAT posted:

marble machine guy gave up on Marble Machine X. realized that he had insisted on what turned out to be really bad design decisions because they looked cool but were terrible from an engineering standpoint. like marbles were lifted by magnets, but then had to be demagnetized and re-magnetized every cycle.

he sent both marble machines to a german museum for musical automata (music boxes, player pianos etc) and stopped making youtube updates since it was making him unhappy and unable to focus on making music.

maybe there will be a third attempt at a Marble Machine, but he’s back at actually writing songs for the band Wintergatan again :unsmith:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

lol poor guy.

i remember watching him trying to balance a wheel and he's doing all sorts of weird poo poo like shimming it and setting up a terrifying jig to use an abrasive disk to grind off the proud portions of the wheel so it's in balance.

i sat there the whole time thinking, angrily, "my dude, if you want to balance a wheel you put a few masses on it and trim the weight/position". of course that's the solution he chose in the end, to just trim the balance with a few masses and the wheel spun perfectly.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

thee lemon partay

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I lost faith in marble machine guy when he abandoned his last project after getting like 80% there, then obsessing over crypto and elon musk

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

akadajet posted:

I lost faith in marble machine guy when he abandoned his last project after getting like 80% there, then obsessing over crypto and elon musk

what if we put the marbles... on the blockchain?!?!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

smdh this is not playing Popcorn

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Radio Paranoia posted:

what if we put the marbles... on the blockchain?!?!

eripsa???

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Fun to remind people that the Chernobyl exclusion zone is one of biggest success stories for wildlife recovery, including multiple endangered species.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

CommieGIR posted:

Fun to remind people that the Chernobyl exclusion zone is one of biggest success stories for wildlife recovery, including multiple endangered species.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

CommieGIR posted:

In fact that very crow recently gave birth to a healthy litter!

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i should play through those video games again

they did extremely good job modeling the environment

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Bluemillion posted:

In fact that very crow recently gave birth to a healthy litter!

lol

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
The zone of alienation is actually pretty terrible for wildlife in absolute terms it's just that human habitation is even worse for wildlife than living in a radioactive cancerous hell hole (but enough about my posting)

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

:same:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

thee lemon partay

more like ellie teacakes :3:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

the uk is such a natureless wasteland that when one farm started leaving nature just a little to its own devices, within a few years it had a bunch of (now) rare or locally extinct species, including the first recorded uk stork breeding in 600 years. we don't need tree planting or fancy schemes (outside of critical interventions), just to get us and our agricultural animals out of the way!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

this actually makes a lot of sense for it's time. wonder if it sucked or something, seems like that could have been popular.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

"Until now, this was the only way to edit video!"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sapozhnik posted:

The zone of alienation is actually pretty terrible for wildlife in absolute terms it's just that human habitation is even worse for wildlife than living in a radioactive cancerous hell hole (but enough about my posting)

That isnt really held up in the numbers for animal recovery numbers at all.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CommieGIR posted:

That isnt really held up in the numbers for animal recovery numbers at all.

yeah, all those gains were short term and trends are reversing due to the tumors and other aftereffects iirc

Leaving nature alone is generally the best way to restore it though. ecosystems try to rebuild and can, we just have to let them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the korean dmz, on the other hand, is really great for wildlife

it's not even radioactive, just a place humans are forbidden to go for reasons that have no effect on animals

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i feel like the unlucky deer would disagree with you if they weren't exploded all over a 10m radius or whatever but its probably fine for the smaller stuff

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Corla Plankun posted:

i feel like the unlucky deer would disagree with you if they weren't exploded all over a 10m radius or whatever but its probably fine for the smaller stuff

deer per square km takes on a whole new meaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
which is weird because the largest known crab habitat is one of the most frequented places by various humans on earth (ur mum)