Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

hrothgar have ears again!

wow what a terrible page snipe hey yoshi-p show us the hrothgals already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Can someone tell me why there are characters from the Void Ark quest series in the 6.2 trailer? Really threw me for a loop there.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think they've suggested tataru's quest is going to involve checking up on various old content guys, my guess is that

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Well where are we going in 6.2, they might be interested

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Arist posted:

Can someone tell me why there are characters from the Void Ark quest series in the 6.2 trailer? Really threw me for a loop there.

I don't know for sure but some have proposed that's connected to Tataru's Grand Endeavor.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

One possibility is they become plot relevant. The other possibility is it has something to with the HW rework

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They said in a previous stream that to continue Tataru's Grand Endeavour, you'll need to have completed the Shadows of Mhach storyline. That just kind of got overshadowed by news of needing to be up to date in Hildibrand for the Endwalker relic quest.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Hogama posted:

They said in a previous stream that to continue Tataru's Grand Endeavour, you'll need to have completed the Shadows of Mhach storyline. That just kind of got overshadowed by news of needing to be up to date in Hildibrand for the Endwalker relic quest.

Yeah, it's this. There's no guessing, they showed a screenshot of the sky pirates when they were talking about continuing Tataru's Grand Endeavor and how completing the HW raids were going to be required to continue. I imagine it'll be the same for StB stuff in 6.3, but that's just speculation on my part.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yet another piece of content that requires Ivalice

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arist posted:

Why are there characters from Crystal Tower quest series in the 5.0 trailer :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh yeah more Fun Scaith in roulettes :getin:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I feel like we're only a year or two off from them just making all the alliance raids MSQ required.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tataru somehow knows about 2B

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Tataru somehow knows about 2B

The pod mount had to get to the Golden Saucer somehow.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Make the normal raids required so we can get Ryne and Gaia back into the MSQ

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SettingSun posted:

I feel like we're only a year or two off from them just making all the alliance raids MSQ required.

They should do this, I'd like to ever get Ridorana in ADR

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh yeah more Fun Scaith in roulettes :getin:

Mankind hath lived under the rule of the Crystal Tower long enough

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Soooo the reaper in the trailer is totally going to be Azdaja isn't it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fister Roboto posted:

Pandemonium is the whole raid series. The first tier was Asphodelos.

Ah, you're right. I double-thunk myself out of the correct answer.

So it's Panda rear end and Panda Abs.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

6.2 Raid Set

God drat the Fending and Maiming sets are bad rear end

Those are some WoW-rear end shoulders though.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Chillgamesh posted:

6.2 Raid Set

God drat the Fending and Maiming sets are bad rear end

That warrior set kicks rear end.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Those are some WoW-rear end shoulders though.

The WoL can have a little WoW now and again, as a treat

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Blockhouse posted:

that was my first thought, my second thought was maybe it's Zenos's reaper ghost thing

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Blockhouse posted:

Mad Wack posted:

that was my first thought, my second thought was maybe it's Zenos's reaper ghost thing

I think the second option is more likely. My take is that the voiceover at the start of the trailer is that Reaper. If that's the case then it can't be Azdaja because she didn't arrive in the 13th until after it became the Void and the trailer opens with whoever it is talking about how the 13th looked before it was destroyed.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It seems most likely to be the "human" form of that voidsent. Whether this means it can change forms or we'll see a flashback to the fall of the 13th, I guess we will find out.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Blockhouse posted:

This isn't WoW. Dragons can't do that, and the only reason Vrtra is able to is that he had a construct specifically built for his eye to occupy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SirSamVimes posted:

This isn't WoW. Dragons can't do that, and the only reason Vrtra is able to is that he had a construct specifically built for his eye to occupy.

Yeah I really doubt Adz found a company of cutting edge alchemists and crafters to make a homonculi for her in the void

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SirSamVimes posted:

Left field theory, but: maybe the body isn't Azdaja's, but the soul inside it is. Dragon souls seem to be a lot more.. cohesive? Persistent? and death seems to be potentially a temporary setback for them, it seems plausible she could have either nicked some sort of body that wound up in the Thirteenth or was otherwise created by the Void's power.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I can't remember, does (6.1-6.2) Zenos's familiar have a voiced line in 6.1? I vaguely remember it speaking with a masculine voice but I'm hazy and it may have just been a generic spooky demon filter.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yes, it was very filtered but it also sounded pretty manly to me

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Alxprit posted:

Yes, it was very filtered but it also sounded pretty manly to me
I've put a link in the Spoiler thread, but the quick of it is it's two voices speaking (or at least one doubled and heavily filtered on one track), I think the deeper voice just overpowers the higher one on the first line.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Arist posted:

it's probably because of cait sith, who was a familiar or whatever for a mhachi voidmage. not a 13th denizen, but at least, idk knowledgeable about void stuff.

also in ffxi, cait sith was a weird time-travel-paradox-fixer who lived in the void, so maybe that'll be a reveal here too?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gnossiennes posted:

it's probably because of cait sith, who was a familiar or whatever for a mhachi voidmage. not a 13th denizen, but at least, idk knowledgeable about void stuff.

also in ffxi, cait sith was a weird time-travel-paradox-fixer who lived in the void, so maybe that'll be a reveal here too?

That or Tataru is going to hire the Sky Pirates to do air freight.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Who the hell were they pirating on anyways? Garlemald? Ishgard? Ul’dahn merchants?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Who the hell were they pirating on anyways? Garlemald? Ishgard? Ul’dahn merchants?

They’re the pirates that don’t do anything. They just stay at home and lie around.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I always got the vibe that the sky pirates were more lifestyle piracy than subsistence piracy

Alternate answer: they steal from the Vanu Vanu and run a highly profitable market in black-market wamoura organs

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Folks got airships out there. I assumed Garleans, corrupt merchants, and people who asked too many questions about the choice of targets.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/lalalovemail/status/1558092953586900995?s=21&t=a-hypdl4OJ37T1TAnIoKIw

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

hopeandjoy posted:

They’re the pirates that don’t do anything. They just stay at home and lie around.

Well I've
Never plucked a dodo
And I'm not too good at mahjong
And I've never pulled Stone Vigil's
Packs from wall to wall
And I've never /soothed a lala
And I've never gotten catbooks
And I've never been to Ul'dah in the fall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013