Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Charlz Guybon posted:

It was so much more mind bending than that

That was five years ago, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Mike Lester

Pedro X. Molina

Henry Payne

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Dana Summers

To be fair, this is two days old and was only just uploaded today. GoComics does that kind of thing sometimes.

Gary Varvel

An unironic "but her emails."

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

In The Way: President Trump is under attack because he’s in the way of getting to you.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

What?

In 2024 robot dogs will have replaced pets, so Kids These Days won't know what cats and dogs are, also IRS agents?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Procrastine posted:

What?

In 2024 robot dogs will have replaced pets, so Kids These Days won't know what cats and dogs are, also IRS agents?

I think the artist believes that the saying "raining cats and dogs" refers to how many there are, so because there will be a lot of IRS agents, it will replace the turn of phrase.

This doesn't appear to be any part of the known etymology:
https://www.loc.gov/everyday-mysteries/meteorology-climatology/item/what-is-the-origin-of-the-phrase-its-raining-cats-and-dogs/

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Raised By Birds posted:

Gary Varvel

An unironic "but her emails."

Ah yes, using the fact that Paul Pelosi was recently charged with a crime to highlight how democrats never get charged with crimes. I was going to remark on the terrible label there too but then I imagined he just goes about his day with that sign around his neck IRL and that thought makes me happy.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Branco posted:

In The Way: President Trump is under attack because he’s in the way of getting to you.
Yknow, I've seen this meme, but especially seeing the sentiment presented this way I realize that I have no idea in what practical sense it could ever possibly be true. In what way, by what stretch of the imagination, is Trump in the way of any government agency getting to you? Even if their every conspiracy theory is right, how can he possibly be protecting the common man? Especially now that he's not president? How does this even make sense?
I know the answer is "it doesn't make sense and they don't need it to" but come the gently caress on are they even trying at this point

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i love how the situation with the fbi raid on mar a lago has escalated so insanely quickly we’re still getting “fbi overreach!” cartoons

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

For once Danziger's weird melty senility-driven art style actually works, even if the demonic newscaster is still standing upon thin air.

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Glad someone is brave enough to point out the US of A ain't in the same league as the military colossus that is 2022 Russia. Good work, Mikey.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 13, 2022

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It doesn't do a very good job of outlining what they would actually be offering that the Dems aren't already. Appealing to minorities who hate medicare I guess? Doesn't seem like nearly as big a voting pool in America as proudly racist people.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

I feel like I must be stupid or something, because I can't for the life of me figure this one out. The obvious interpretation is to take the statement at face value, and that American military capabilities have degraded in the pursuit of "wokeness," but there's no evidence of wokeness and all the evidence of a formidable military in the image, which would go against that interpretation completely. The other answer is that the statement is ironic, and that token efforts at "wokeness" have amounted to no visible changes to the culture and capabilities of the American military, which is as dominant and un-woke as ever, but that doesn't seem consistent with Ramirez either. Am I just missing the terminal brainworms to read this one or something, or am I just dumb?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

lightrook posted:

I feel like I must be stupid or something, because I can't for the life of me figure this one out. The obvious interpretation is to take the statement at face value, and that American military capabilities have degraded in the pursuit of "wokeness," but there's no evidence of wokeness and all the evidence of a formidable military in the image, which would go against that interpretation completely. The other answer is that the statement is ironic, and that token efforts at "wokeness" have amounted to no visible changes to the culture and capabilities of the American military, which is as dominant and un-woke as ever, but that doesn't seem consistent with Ramirez either. Am I just missing the terminal brainworms to read this one or something, or am I just dumb?

Ramirez is bad at cartoons.

I mean, that's a cop out, but look at that monstrosity. The figures talking are microscopic, thus the focus of the image is...a blank void in the middle of a Where's Waldo of crosshatch nonsense. He's devoted 90% of this political cartoon to "I guess that's probably a battleship or something", and he stuck the emptiest part of it smack dab in the middle. Stick a rainbow on that big blank metal void or something, Ramirez, you loving hack.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
My favorite part is that he chose the Navy to represent how far the US is falling behind, supposedly, when Russia's Navy has been a complete joke for literal centuries to the point that Russia has the second best Navy in the Russo-Ukrainian War, despite Ukraine not having a Navy.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I'm pretty sure even the right has used russia and china's lovely human rights records to condemn them extensively, but i guess it only counts as woke when it's about black people and/or pronouns

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Kchama posted:

My favorite part is that he chose the Navy to represent how far the US is falling behind, supposedly, when Russia's Navy has been a complete joke for literal centuries to the point that Russia has the second best Navy in the Russo-Ukrainian War, despite Ukraine not having a Navy.
Huh, how do you measure "second best" then?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wipfmetz posted:

Tonnage sunk?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Wipfmetz posted:

Ukraine has boat

Russia not so much

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

steinrokkan posted:

Tonnage sunk?
I can understand that, I'll go with that one.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Wipfmetz posted:

I can understand that, I'll go with that one.

That's the joke, yeah.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on drought and the Tory leadership race – Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak seem to have little to offer to the UK’s crisis-hit citizens"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Vasily Vereshchagin.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

So... The British typically didn't swim and play in river, lakes, and ponds, and it became a fad to do so in the 100 degree weather?

Wait until we introduce them to tubing and getting drunk, that'll really blow their minds.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Tibalt posted:

So... The British typically didn't swim and play in river, lakes, and ponds, and it became a fad to do so in the 100 degree weather?

Wait until we introduce them to tubing and getting drunk, that'll really blow their minds.

Waters in Britain are disgusting, as suits them.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/hundreds-of-poop-tomatoes-found-on-kent-coast-257358/

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Waters in England and Wales are disgusting, as regulating dumping sewage is communism. Waters in Scotland are much better.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
I feel like this thread would appreciate this:

https://twitter.com/jacobmercy/status/1557868500701433856?s=20&t=-F2r1lbm0ATS3Key9lcG5w

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Yknow, I've seen this meme, but especially seeing the sentiment presented this way I realize that I have no idea in what practical sense it could ever possibly be true. In what way, by what stretch of the imagination, is Trump in the way of any government agency getting to you? Even if their every conspiracy theory is right, how can he possibly be protecting the common man? Especially now that he's not president? How does this even make sense?
I know the answer is "it doesn't make sense and they don't need it to" but come the gently caress on are they even trying at this point

Trump is the president, remember.

They have to destroy him before he releases the kraken. Biden the Usurper can't carry out his plan to execute all white Christian small business owners as long as Trump is at large and a threat to his crown.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oh yes.
Please tell me Scott has seen this and is crying about threatening to sue

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kchama posted:

And yet Ukraine can't access the black sea?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

And yet Ukraine can't access the black sea?

I figure "Ukraine doesn't have a Navy" would have given it away the 'why' there.

Or

steinrokkan posted:

Tonnage sunk?

Kchama posted:

That's the joke, yeah.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 13, 2022

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

I know that Payne has his fetish for giant gas guzzlers and treats that one Simpsons joke about electric cars as the gospel truth, but I'm still baffled at this one.

A car that gets 100,000 miles per charge, no emissions, and is apparently able to control the weather? Why would I not want that?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Jurgan posted:

That was five years ago, though.

So was him marrying his student but I'm going to keep making fun of him for that too.

I think Matt is the political cartoonist that's made me actually laugh out loud the most, and this is yet another one of those times.

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

JamesBont posted:

I know that Payne has his fetish for giant gas guzzlers and treats that one Simpsons joke about electric cars as the gospel truth, but I'm still baffled at this one.

A car that gets 100,000 miles per charge, no emissions, and is apparently able to control the weather? Why would I not want that?

Payne simply hates fuel economy. A car-enthusiast friend sent me link to this article about the Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport a few weeks ago - I somehow hadn't realised Payne was a motor journalist as well as a cartoonist, but here he is drooling over what is, to him, the Best Car.

Henry Payne posted:

It doesn’t disappoint. This is the summit of auto engineering.
Payne's ideal car:
  • costs over $3million
  • weighs 2 tonnes
  • can achieve 10 mpg (in ideal conditions)
  • can go from a full tank to empty in around 40 minutes
  • has diamonds ground up in the speakers "for perfect fidelity".
To any normal person any one of these features would put them off - to Payne these are all indicators of the car's excellence. To him, cost and inefficiency = more vrooms = best. Lower costs or greater efficiency therefore = fewer vrooms = bad. He believes this is obvious, and that anyone opining otherwise is lying just to be "woke".

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am assuming Payne’s point is that people pushing EVs are lying about what they can do.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
EVs don't make Payne's peepee hard so he hates them on principle.

NDP
Jun 25, 2021

Guavanaut posted:

Waters in England and Wales are disgusting, as regulating dumping sewage is communism. Waters in Scotland are much better.

Hasn't the UK passed its equivalent of the Clean Water Act? Don't they have an environmental regulatory agency like the EPA? Those photos look like they were taken in the US over 50 years ago. I almost expected to see one of a river on fire.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Twelve by Pies posted:

So was him marrying his student but I'm going to keep making fun of him for that too.

As well you should, but I was responding to someone who asked what he's done recently. I thought the "exotic sandwich shop" thing was recent, too- it must have been circulating for some reason.

1 posted:

Payne simply hates fuel economy. A car-enthusiast friend sent me link to this article about the Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport a few weeks ago - I somehow hadn't realised Payne was a motor journalist as well as a cartoonist, but here he is drooling over what is, to him, the Best Car.

Payne's ideal car:
  • costs over $3million
  • weighs 2 tonnes
  • can achieve 10 mpg (in ideal conditions)
  • can go from a full tank to empty in around 40 minutes
  • has diamonds ground up in the speakers "for perfect fidelity".
To any normal person any one of these features would put them off - to Payne these are all indicators of the car's excellence. To him, cost and inefficiency = more vrooms = best. Lower costs or greater efficiency therefore = fewer vrooms = bad. He believes this is obvious, and that anyone opining otherwise is lying just to be "woke".

• powerful like a gorilla
  • soft and yielding like a Nerf ball

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 14, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

NDP posted:

Hasn't the UK passed its equivalent of the Clean Water Act? Don't they have an environmental regulatory agency like the EPA?

As the article notes

quote:

Water quality in the river Windrush in Oxfordshire has deteriorated rapidly since 2010, according to activists — a period that has coincided with the Environment Agency handing responsibility for pollution monitoring to the nine large water and sewage companies in England.

This worked as well as you'd expect.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

John Deering

Clay Jones

Henry Payne

Drew Sheneman

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Blinders Are Off: The Deep State has adopted Mao’s theory that ‘Power grows from the barrel of a gun using the DOJ and FBI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Trump on a boat in a sea of piss.