Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

This felt important to cross post

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Oh it's time to share the child name horror story that I have, in fact, verified on a government document:

JKMNO.

Pronounced: Noelle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
my son is also named JKMNO

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jkmno is the noise i make when i roll an insane def% artifact and the only def% carry damage character i have is noelle

Kale
May 14, 2010

I hadn't realizes it until I stumbled upon Mona but you can talk to the various characters on their respective islands after finishing the main Golden Island Questline. Mona is at the very top of the island in past mode version of it. Fischl is also at the top of the castle with the theater in it on one of the balconies and Kazuha is just chilling near the Bonsai. Havent found Xinyan yet but all the others had some post quest dialogue to share.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Finally found all the chests in GAA and now I'm feeling kinda miffed that I can't stand mmos. Everyone seems to be having a moderate amount of fun playing ToF, I guess. Meanwhile I've been reduced to scooting around on kairagi beach, trying to get used to charged shot gameplay. It's nice to know I definitely shouldn't bother with proto crescent, and it's kinda funny seeing 70/80 Diona hit +20k melts with her totally unleveled charge attacks, but boy is this part of each patch dry.

Gonna be pretty glad if the rumor that the upcoming patches will be a week shorter turns out to be true.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I think the amount of content is just right, but I also like being able to play other games without being nagged by FOMO for a bit. I spent all my resources leveling Yoimiya and Diona though and would like the next battlepass.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shere posted:

I think the amount of content is just right, but I also like being able to play other games without being nagged by FOMO for a bit. I spent all my resources leveling Yoimiya and Diona though and would like the next battlepass.

Yeah, this is how I feel too. Same with the really substantial rewards feeling easy to get. The easiest way to burn me out on a game is trying to create a treadmill of "you need to sink 2-3 hours in every day or you won't finish the content in our arbitrary window!"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've been spending all my resin towards leveling people from 70-80+ so all I'm asking for is everything to be uncapped. I want at least a chance of getting more than 2 or 3 world boss drops at a time. Same for talent books and weapon parts Ideally, it all just gets bumped up to 4 as a baseline and who knows, maybe you get 8 sometimes just like how you could maybe get a gemstone after a boss fight but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

The talent book domains should really have a tier where you are guaranteed 1 purple book per run/2 for condensed.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyd698gel6M

Some mall in Malaysia apparently. Looks like the Yae ice skater was having a little trouble there. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUe2BDz6RO4

Also Mihoyo Anime department staying busy this week, though this ones for Honkai Impact so may contain spoilers for that game.....or it may just be contextless crazy anime bullshit spectacle happening for 5ish minutes for a lot of people. Busy PR week for Mihoyo though, with the ZZZ closed beta test last weekend, apparently capping off the Elysian Realm story arc in Honkai with a book ended animated short teaser, patch release, and then actual short, and now the teaser PV and impending Sumeru stream for Genshin tomorrow.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 12, 2022

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Shere posted:

I think the amount of content is just right, but I also like being able to play other games without being nagged by FOMO for a bit.

The event hit me right in the time when I had numerous other things I wanted to do with my gaming time, so I get it. Genshin is in this weird pocket where they attracted a lot of non-gacha people for actually having a game. So if you don't have an archipelago-sized content update every two weeks people complain but everyone just playing for an hour a day complains whenever it happens. Any new players are outright screwed unless they grind hard because every day they haven't finished X content locks them out of rewards for whatever the time-limited event is.

Unrelated: I'm still a bit more hopeful about the game in general, even if the event for me was a rushed wiki job, because the writing improved so much over Inazuma that maybe Sumeru will be interesting instead of slamming the circle button for hours. I put up with the gacha and the abyss and all the other bullshit because the underlying game was compelling and fun originally and that took a huge hit with the Inazuma writing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

with inazuma, some of it was just exposition dump type stuff in general, but some of it feels like explaining stuff they didnt have time to implement. which would make sense with the covid issues. there's a lot of side quests that involve explanations of stuff that happened offscreen somewhere

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mailer posted:

The event hit me right in the time when I had numerous other things I wanted to do with my gaming time, so I get it. Genshin is in this weird pocket where they attracted a lot of non-gacha people for actually having a game. So if you don't have an archipelago-sized content update every two weeks people complain but everyone just playing for an hour a day complains whenever it happens. Any new players are outright screwed unless they grind hard because every day they haven't finished X content locks them out of rewards for whatever the time-limited event is.

Unrelated: I'm still a bit more hopeful about the game in general, even if the event for me was a rushed wiki job, because the writing improved so much over Inazuma that maybe Sumeru will be interesting instead of slamming the circle button for hours. I put up with the gacha and the abyss and all the other bullshit because the underlying game was compelling and fun originally and that took a huge hit with the Inazuma writing.

Its fine for GAA since they give you the whole patch length to complete it. Some people just absolutely slam through all the content in the 5 day rollout though, completely miss or disregard the story, lore and hidden exploration stuff and then complain theres absolutely nothing to do basically but yeah for us folk with things going on it can sometimes be the opposite issue. I've had to scramble at least 4-5 times to catch up on stuff to unlock a 2 week event. Also I think theres a wide gulf between what people consider content or not. I've noticed in the west for a lot of people banners, artifact farming and sometimes exploration are the content while reading the absurd amounts of lore and world building that gets thrown into the game, because lets be honest its part visual novel, is not or even an outright nuisance.

I don't mind reading though, like I was one of those kids that would read the flavor text in instruction booklets to get just that little hint more immersion into an NES game for example. Sometimes I find myself reading the little blurbs on things like the Furniture for example that we got off the golden islands which reference things like the last summes ones events and Alice thoughts on Klee and everything thats happened since then. Again for a lot of people that's not content so it gets disregarded as things that see production effort

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I don't have an awful lot of time so I'm only just in the final Fischl quest. It's good they have the whole patch length for this.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

Finally found all the chests in GAA and now I'm feeling kinda miffed that I can't stand mmos. Everyone seems to be having a moderate amount of fun playing ToF, I guess. Meanwhile I've been reduced to scooting around on kairagi beach, trying to get used to charged shot gameplay. It's nice to know I definitely shouldn't bother with proto crescent, and it's kinda funny seeing 70/80 Diona hit +20k melts with her totally unleveled charge attacks, but boy is this part of each patch dry.

Gonna be pretty glad if the rumor that the upcoming patches will be a week shorter turns out to be true.

I really wanted Lost Ark to fill in for my downtime with Genshin, but after 25 hours I just couldn't play it any more. It was just so not fun.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Lobsterpillar posted:

I don't have an awful lot of time so I'm only just in the final Fischl quest. It's good they have the whole patch length for this.

I only just finished Fischl because I was motion sick the whole way through. So glad to have the extra time.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 13, 2022

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Got my fingers crossed for more video skipping/rewinding shenanigans from today's stream.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Livestream codes:

8ANCKTWYVRD5
EA7VKTFHU9VR
KT7DKSFGCRWD

Banners first half:
Tighnari, Zhong Li, and Collei

Banners second half:
Ganyu, Kokomi, and Dori

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 13, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

Well the "Noooot enooooouugh to doooooo! There's nooooOoooo content you guuuUuuys" crowd getting a small bone maybe with the 5 week patch release windows to the end of the year. Little tighter to do battle pass stuff though and one less week to fiddle around doing random cleanup stuff for me though.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Good news is that they are reducing the exp required per BP level. Since the patches are shorter, it's 900 per level instead of 1000.

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1558444541241241600

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

No Wave posted:

Livestream codes:

8ANCKTWYVRD5
EA7VKTFHU9VR
KT7DKSFGCRWD

Banners first half:
Tighnari, Zhong Li, and Collei

Banners second half:
Ganyu, Kokomi, and Dori

Welp, so much for rolling for Tighnari. Still don't have Zhongli yet

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Shinji2015 posted:

fwiw they confirmed that Tighnari will be on the standard banner after his rate up banner is finished.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

SiKboy posted:

fwiw they confirmed that Tighnari will be on the standard banner after his rate up banner is finished.

Oh, that's right, thanks for reminding me.

Still, while Zhongli being on the banner is obviously to get people to spend money for the 3.0 launch, it feels like they're undercutting their brand new character with this

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Shinji2015 posted:

Oh, that's right, thanks for reminding me.

Still, while Zhongli being on the banner is obviously to get people to spend money for the 3.0 launch, it feels like they're undercutting their brand new character with this

Whales are gonna whale, that's what hoyo cares about.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

MajorBonnet posted:

Whales are gonna whale, that's what hoyo cares about.

In opposite land, I won't be able to get Dori without wasting money because I have C6 Ganyu and I don't want anything past C2 Kokomi (which I already have)

*sad whale noises*

SiKboy posted:

This is very nice for me because I can save up a TON for 3.1/3.2 now. It's definitely a relief.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Double post I like Mona's mirage so far and it's not making me motion sick!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Note Block posted:

Double post I like Mona's mirage so far and it's not making me motion sick!

It's easily the prettiest domain of the bunch.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

SiKboy posted:

Weird we're getting a dendro 5* on the standard banner before a geo. Who would even go there? ...Albedo, maybe? Or is that too much Mondstadt?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I think Monstadt works well for the standard banner since it's the starting region.

Would suck to roll Tighnari as a new player just starting unless he has some commonly available ascension mats.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I already feel bad for all the new players who roll tighnari with his level up materials being locked in sumeru.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

again im still not convinced sumeru is going to be locked out until you get there in the archon quest. tighnari being added to the standard banner just makes me more convinced of that, since i feel like the only reason to put him there is so newer players have more access to dendro.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

No Wave posted:

Livestream codes:

8ANCKTWYVRD5
EA7VKTFHU9VR
KT7DKSFGCRWD

I get these codes AND managed to complete this, a good Genshin day :pray:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Albedo would be a great standard character. Non of his constellations give an outrageous power boost like modern limited 5 star cons, but they do give enough a a boost that it doesn't feel like a total dud. Well except for that stupid fall damage one, but whatever.

But the fact that Tigh's preview thingy very clearly states that he's gonna go on standard points pretty strongly towards mhy not wanting to add current characters to standarf in that way. I know there were some people that were hoping there would be some sort of "standard banner 2" as a loophole but now I'm sure it's not gonna happen any time soon, if ever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they'll have to introduce something as the game expands but for the time being, having 3-4 banners per patch seems like their solution.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

MoonCrab posted:

Albedo would be a great standard character. Non of his constellations give an outrageous power boost like modern limited 5 star cons, but they do give enough a a boost that it doesn't feel like a total dud. Well except for that stupid fall damage one, but whatever.

But the fact that Tigh's preview thingy very clearly states that he's gonna go on standard points pretty strongly towards mhy not wanting to add current characters to standarf in that way. I know there were some people that were hoping there would be some sort of "standard banner 2" as a loophole but now I'm sure it's not gonna happen any time soon, if ever.

They could at least add Albedo just so there's a character of every element in the standard banner. That seems like why they're putting Tighnari there but whatever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you get noelle for free at the very start of the game so thats probably why they dont care about giving players an 'accessible' geo

though yeah it is weird that there's no standard 5* geo just as a thematic thing.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Well you have a character from the start of the game that can have every element no matter what, even if you don't pull so I don't think they worry about it too much.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Albedo was marked as limited from the get go so they probably don't want to anger people who would call that out. Avoiding it with Tighnari by stressing that he is not limited breaks the pattern.

At this point I'm expecting a new 5* geo who is similarly worded to not be limited to show up someday.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I just want to pull for more hot Girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

For those like me that didn't catch the stream live, here's the 3.0 trailer by itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIxkKExpu94

It's a rad hype trailer.