Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

Flash 2 will be a reality TV show filmed from prison

As part of reality changing in Flash 1, Barry Allen is in prison and now his dad is the Flash. Also his dad has bodyswapped with a young attractive guy. Also his dad has now changed his legal name to Wally West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

We have a ten year plan! No, not that one.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Mr Hootington posted:

Release the movie before he kills someone!

I had the same opinion, WB should release the film before Miller ends up dead or on trial for something more serious than simple assault or liquor burglary.

But from what Ive read, the film isnt like, finished and waiting, theres apparently still quite a bit of effects work.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

e: nevermind

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 12, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Actually I believe Hootington was referring to Page there

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i don't think Elliot is out commiting lots of crimes

site fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 12, 2022

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Opopanax posted:

Wait, is that a joke or have I missed something and Page is much more likely to imminently kill someone than Miller?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Ah, my bad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Wait, is that a joke or have I missed something and Page is much more likely to imminently kill someone than Miller?

No, but imagine they spend a few million replacing Miller with Page and then Page does something worse
It is a joke

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

site posted:

i don't think Elliot is out commiting lots of crimes

Maybe being cast as the Flash in a movie makes you commit crimes. As soon as Page is cast, Miller is freed from their curse and Page's reign of terror begins...

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I had the same opinion, WB should release the film before Miller ends up dead or on trial for something more serious than simple assault or liquor burglary.

Like I keep saying, the Ezra Miller story will end exactly like The Devil's Rejects

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Phylodox posted:

Maybe being cast as the Flash in a movie makes you commit crimes. As soon as Page is cast, Miller is freed from their curse and Page's reign of terror begins...

As soon as the contract is signed, Page sprints out of the room, into the street, kicks down the door of a daycare and assumes a fighting stance.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
What if, and hear me out, the CW flash season is the last because they had always planned on flashpointing Ezra and replacing them with Grant?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Opopanax posted:

What?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, I thought that was a joke and defended it. If you were actually misgendring Miller instead then nevermind

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I love this thread.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Opopanax posted:

Oh, I thought that was a joke and defended it. If you were actually misgendring Miller instead then nevermind

Oh crap. Thank you for pointing it out. I have corrected it.

I do think Elliot page is too small for a Flash role. Atom or a grown up Tim drake Red Robin. I always imagine Tim as a smaller dude.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 12, 2022

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Page has a really laid-back vibe. Even at his snarkiest, he's always acting with deliberation; I can't see him as the Flash.

Tim Drake would be an excellent fit, though.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

lol Madame Web is going to have Uncle loving Ben in it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

lol Madame Web is going to have Uncle loving Ben in it.

I guess it is about time for a second South Park movie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Onion had a good one this morning

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

bunnyofdoom posted:

What if, and hear me out, the CW flash season is the last because they had always planned on flashpointing Ezra and replacing them with Grant?

I hope not, because as much as I've liked Gustin as Flash, he (and most everyone else on the cast) are very clearly done with the show and I have to imagine with the characters as well. The writers were checked out for the last 2-3 seasons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Flash writers never showed up.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Replace Miller with John Wesley Shipp

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Davros1 posted:

Replace Miller with John Wesley Shipp

If we're gonna do actors who've already played Flash, then how about Joe Manganiello?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

If we're gonna do actors who've already played Flash, then how about Joe Manganiello?

:golfclap:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Lobok posted:

The villain expects skinny ezra miller flash but a bearded Joe Manganiello bursts through the wall in a flash suit 5 times too small for him and just starts punching everyone.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

The villain expects skinny ezra miller flash but a bearded Joe Manganiello bursts through the wall in a flash suit 5 times too small for him and just starts punching everyone.

Don't you threaten ME with a good time.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wouldn't want to fight him!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It would be easy to stop him from punching you, just start talking to him about D&D and he'll be too distracted to fight.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

CapnAndy posted:

There's no way option 2 is viable. If Miller gives a mea culpa and gets help, then yeah, I see a way to finesse them into sliding. But you can't just hide "oh yeah our massive summer tentpole is starring an accused felon" under the carpet and hope nobody mentions it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was very, very far from a tentpole.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I guess Zaslav is gonna try and see how things work out.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

In many ways Birth of a Nation was worse. It was very much attempting to be a cultural tentpole, and there was so much poo poo around Nate Parker including and especially the fact that his accuser had committed suicide and that he helped participate in a victim-blaming campaign after she accused him. The morally just thing to do would’ve been to shelve the comparatively tiny-costed film they had recently bought or released it to absolutely no fanfare whatsoever, instead they released it during prime Oscar season and did full-court awards press, hoping that nobody asked about Nate Parker ever.

If a studio is willing to be that stupid over some “prestige” project only being promoted so they can put more Oscars in their awards case, what makes you possibly think that WB won’t delude themselves into thinking they can pull a fast one when real actual money is on the line?

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I don't know if this has been done, but, would it be feasibly possible to release and promote flash but just skip the press interviews and junkets. Pay for ad slots sure but just don't do the interviews.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

No it’s basically impossible for that to happen, most ad and promotion deals require junkets/interviews as part of the contractual agreement. They could in theory basically hide Ezra for the majority of the junkets or basically completely bar them from doing any promotion whatsoever, but they can’t just not have press access for their film promotion especially when basically every single late night talk show/news host would be salivating over the idea of being able to grill stars/directors/etc over what the gently caress is up with Ezra.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well if you do the junkets, if you pay them enough interviewers are less likely to bring up Ezra's crime spree, if you don't do them reporters will say they're avoiding interviews because of Ezra's crime spree

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Karloff posted:

I don't know if this has been done, but, would it be feasibly possible to release and promote flash but just skip the press interviews and junkets. Pay for ad slots sure but just don't do the interviews.

Isn't one of wbs plans to do this? They will just make affleck/Keaton other costars available to the media I thought

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I love that Keaton is willing to come back as Batman in the same way as all the MCU multiverse stuff, but it’s hilarious to me how many chips are getting pushed into his corner as all this stuff unfolds. I have a hard time believing that he’s going to come onboard as a central part of the DC movies moving forward. If he’s really all in then I suppose it’s pretty cool if they used one of these multiverse characters as more than just a cameo in one film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Apart from Miller, who else is in The Flash that they can use to promote it?

Michael Keaton? What if he's only in about 15/20 minutes of the movie?

Are any of the other stars big enough to do the press junkets?