Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Your avatar just destroyed my battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
It’s mutually assured battery destruction with avatars all the way down.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Is there a rough ETA on the new design? I'm willing to work on some bug fixes and new features but I'm hesitant to do it until things are finalised.

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

101 posted:

Is there a rough ETA on the new design? I'm willing to work on some bug fixes and new features but I'm hesitant to do it until things are finalised.

Hey, no ETA on the new stuff, tho a lot of it has been applied already at this point. pokeyman wanted to take my branch and reimplement each feature personally, which means the end result is most likely better, but it is dependent on his time.

However, please don't wait. Jump in, make changes. pokey said the below on the subject:

pokeyman posted:

I assume commie is upstreaming any reasonably upstream-able bug fixes, so all open issues (bugs and features) in the repo are worth tackling. None of them are in some weird "fixed on a fork so don't waste your time fixing in the main repo" quasi-open state. I feel free to fix or work on anything that catches my eye, which improves the app for all of us today. If something ends up being incompatible with possible future changes, that's the problem of the integrators of those future changes (which might include future me), and I don't worry about it.

I'm currently finishing up a change to add a setting for the ipad custom title stuff and to fix some of the issues ssb reported. No dramatic changes in this one, so still no need to wait. :)

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I hope this hasn't been brought up yet... In the current announcement from Atanatos, all of the forums links open a browser page instead of opening in the app. There's also not even the little popup dialogue of 'open url/copy url/whatever', it just hops straight to opening a browser. Could be Athanatos, could be something specifically with announcements themselves, no idea. I just post here. Carry on.

E: gently caress this is the iOS thread. Send this to the Android division.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

How do I change the text scaling? Somehow it got set to 200% and I can’t figure out how to get it back to normal. I see it in the settings but don’t see any way to interact with it.

Edit:

Cyrano4747 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 14, 2022

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Cyrano4747 posted:

How do I change the text scaling? Somehow it got set to 200% and I can’t figure out how to get it back to normal. I see it in the settings but don’t see any way to interact with it.

Bottom left button when you're in a thread

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

101 posted:

Bottom left button when you're in a thread

Yeah I looked there too:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

There should be minus / plus buttons at the right side of the "Scale Text X%" item there -- are they possibly just invisible for you and you can still interact w/ them by tapping in those apparently-blank areas? If these buttons are genuinely missing, not just invisible, no idea what to you be able to do besides mb restarting your phone

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Bingo that was it. Good call.

Apparently they’re invisible in dark mode.

I was trying a bunch of poo poo and random presses and long presses but I guess I wasn’t hitting the buttons dead on without being able to see them.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Just checked and they’re showing up in OLED dark for me. Which dark theme are you using?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Cyrano4747 posted:

Bingo that was it. Good call.

Apparently they’re invisible in dark mode.

I was trying a bunch of poo poo and random presses and long presses but I guess I wasn’t hitting the buttons dead on without being able to see them.

Can you still not see them now you're not at 200%? I can see them in dark mode so my guess was that the plus and minus text was too big to fit in the steppers

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Warbird posted:

Just checked and they’re showing up in OLED dark for me. Which dark theme are you using?

It’s showing up for me now. loving bizarre. Glad I screen shitted it earlier.

Edit: iPhone 13 mini, oled screen. Can throw up any other needed info. iOS 15.6

Cyrano4747 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 14, 2022

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Cyrano4747 posted:

Glad I screen shitted it earlier.

Please don't screen poo poo.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i feel like im going crazy because the buttons are there in both screenshots it’s just the symbols are a bit harder to see in the first one

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I too can see the buttons in every single one of those screenshots, and I have objectively terrible eyesight.

Weird.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

i feel like im going crazy because the buttons are there in both screenshots it’s just the symbols are a bit harder to see in the first one

Same. I can see the buttons just fine.

It's probably related to the screen the image is viewed on.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dude in bed using dark mode at 1% brightness with reduced white point at 100% to not wake their gf i see you

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah the buttons are absolutely in the first screenshot I thought they were disabled and nonfunctional

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

spankmeister posted:

Same. I can see the buttons just fine.

It's probably related to the screen the image is viewed on.

I’m on a 13 pro max at 40% brightness and I can’t really see the buttons in the first screenshot.

Edit: even at 75% they are barely readable.

Edit 2: M1 iPad Pro 12.9 at 50% brightness you can see them pretty easy but the image is also huge.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 14, 2022

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have no idea where to find the % of brightness but mine is at whatever percentage this is also on a 13 pro max and I can see them just fine so :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You can see the + and - in this picture?

Because hell even the word posts at the top there is really hard to see.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

You can see the + and - in this picture?

Because hell even the word posts at the top there is really hard to see.
not clearly by any means but yes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah but only at max brightness tbh

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah but only at max brightness tbh

Most recent base ipad

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yes at 60%ish brightness.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the extremely dark grey on black text is terrible

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the extremely dark grey on black text is terrible

Yeah, now that it's not as bold as it used to be, it could maybe stand to be a lighter shade? It's harder to read the join dates and post date/time than it used to be

Screenshot:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i will say that if i tilt my phone in pretty much any direction other than perfectly parallel with my face, i can’t see the + or the - or even really the buttons they’re on. they’re the tiniest drop in contrast away from invisibility

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The light gray poster reg date and date/time strings on posts in non-dark mode are very tough to read. Can it be made a bit darker?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Not sure what’s going on but this thread has a bunch of YouTube embeds and it fails to load for me. But then it kinda renders and then automatically refreshes again and starts the whole thing over.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3433957&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=1417

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Not sure what’s going on but this thread has a bunch of YouTube embeds and it fails to load for me. But then it kinda renders and then automatically refreshes again and starts the whole thing over.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3433957&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=1417

Works fine for me on a 12 pro max.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

13 Pro has them coming up fine.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Works fine for me on SE 3.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Weird. Guess it’s just my old rear end iPhone 8

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
That page also fucks up my iPhone 8. I assume it’s just OOMing; not really much the app devs can do about that.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
My XR didn't enjoy itself but did manage to load the whole page.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

My xs chugged on that page a bit - yeah it's probably just too big a bite for a lower powered phone. Time comes for us all. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Could it be possible to update the auto-bracket-closing button in the posting screen so that it only applies to tags in an allowlist? Right now it seems to just go [/this] with whatever came in [brackets] before it. This pops up most often with editorial inserts when pasting articles and things like Wikipedia citations, so it ends up like [/3] and stuff.

sorry if this has been asked already.