Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I was hoping that movie would be funny oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

net work error posted:

I was hoping that movie would be funny oh well.

you might like it if you are under 30

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i think he's just got brain problems and terminal laziness

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I’m already crying a little thinking about when he dies in a year from heart failure

It's with a heavy heart we'll be announcing that stav died, from a heavy heart. Hopefully many fat years from now, but a preemptive RIP non the less

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I guess i'll need a new gross novelty calendar

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

I guess i'll need a new gross novelty calendar

just look in the mirror every day

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

some plague rats posted:

just look in the mirror every day

post physique

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sunk Dunk posted:

post physique

that's me on the right

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

nice pecs

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Stav quitting to do standup full time reminds me of how some established stand ups talk about how they get corporate gigs and how they “pay well.” How much is that? Like $30,000 for one show? Because if it’s something like that I could totally imagine making a career off of being a middling talent that just does a few corporate shows a year.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah if I wanted Seinfeld to talk about airline food at my birthday party I wonder what that'd run

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

If you mention you'll have underage teen girls there he might cut you a deal

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Why are his feet that color?

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Dr.Radical posted:

Stav quitting to do standup full time reminds me of how some established stand ups talk about how they get corporate gigs and how they “pay well.” How much is that? Like $30,000 for one show? Because if it’s something like that I could totally imagine making a career off of being a middling talent that just does a few corporate shows a year.

I tried to see how much he might earn from just his youtube stuff, but I'm getting incredibly diverging answers, lol. Anything from 10 to 250k a year depending on which sites I read, so not very helpful

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

OctoberCountry posted:

Why are his feet that color?

poor circulation

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Crespolini posted:

I tried to see how much he might earn from just his youtube stuff, but I'm getting incredibly diverging answers, lol. Anything from 10 to 250k a year depending on which sites I read, so not very helpful

I always used $6k/million views but was informed it's closer to half that; his vids are too short to really rack up lots of ad revenue but that's a component as well

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

i say swears online posted:

I always used $6k/million views but was informed it's closer to half that; his vids are too short to really rack up lots of ad revenue but that's a component as well

drat, lol. He's got like 120m views overall, with 12m in the last thirty days or some such and I'm loving jealous

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Crespolini posted:

drat, lol. He's got like 120m views overall, with 12m in the last thirty days or some such and I'm loving jealous

you only get paid on videos that are monetized. the shorts don't earn you anything.

the only one making him any money is his special.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Ah. I'm calmer for hearing that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

you only get paid on videos that are monetized. the shorts don't earn you anything.

the only one making him any money is his special.

this is always a weird distinction for me, though i usually hear 'monetized' in the context that some dmca strike removed monetization on a video. is there a hard time cutoff minimum? why not just use a sliding scale of eyeball time? algos are so weird

are big tiktokers paid by the platform or just from third-party deals like sponsorships

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

out of the biggest tiktokers, the very biggest is a senegalese-italian man who doesn't speak and only makes fun of other tiktok videos. could be worse

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Crespolini posted:

like again to reiterate from the Twitch conversation earlier you have to be grinding at the online personality game for like 10-12 hours a day. there isnt a time where you arent considering what you're doing in your life the question "could it work for your online presence?" isnt at the top of your mind. any time you're not streaming or sharing parts of your life you're actively losing followers. I sometimes work with these streamers and youtubers on the production side and their lives sound like nightmares. you have to be talent, production, finance, and try to live a life during all that.

or you're a streamer like Amouranth who is basically on the road to very early retirement. she's put in the crazy years at this point where she's earning something like 3 mill a month, but all she does is stream. she could just shut the whole operation down after a another couple years and retire off everything she's earned and gently caress off and have a private life again. or maybe some of these people are addicted to it at this point.

all that to say, stav doesnt have the stamina for any of that.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
2 thoughts

i do kind of miss the old format. there was something so stupid about it

jordan is a good guest

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Crespolini posted:

You also have to force yourself to realize that even if someone is making bank streaming, this isn't something that'll last forever. Like dorium said, the top 1% of 1% of streamers might make so much that they can pack it up after a few years and live comfortably but that's beyond even most "top" streamers. Go back 5-10 years for all those people seeming raking it in on the early days of YouTube and whatever web-based video content was out there. Those people aren't living in mansions, they're back to being bottom of the food chain and probably working a regular rear end job thinking about their glory days.

dorium posted:

all that to say, stav doesnt have the stamina for any of that.

Forget stamina, imagine with him streaming for 10 hours how many bathroom and snack breaks he'd be taking

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Dr.Radical posted:

Corporate gigs are like $10,000-$15,000 for a night or $25K for a weekend (3 shows at a resort) but sometimes big guys like Gaffigan have pulled in $50,000 for doing a Google Christmas party or something like that. Seinfeld did 20 minutes for Ferrari a few years ago, I have no idea what that could’ve possibly cost but I bet it was 6 figures easy.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I dunno Jordan is a fun guest, not sure where the haters come from.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Stav Nainan

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I’m half Japanese half regular obese so I get my sushi at wal mart

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Okay good crowd

My heart blew up the other day and I almost died, turns out instead of a pacemaker they put in a Samsung galaxy s8

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dorium posted:

or you're a streamer like Amouranth who is basically on the road to very early retirement. she's put in the crazy years at this point where she's earning something like 3 mill a month, but all she does is stream. she could just shut the whole operation down after a another couple years and retire off everything she's earned and gently caress off and have a private life again. or maybe some of these people are addicted to it at this point.

absolute mad respect for amouranth, hardest working streamer on any platform period. she deserves every dollar people spend on her fartjars

she's retiring but there are lots of streamers with forever money and they're addicted to it. lots of people like mizkif with narcissistic personalities that need constant confirmation. he'd die without chat

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

Okay good crowd

My heart blew up the other day and I almost died, turns out instead of a pacemaker they put in a Samsung galaxy s8

lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I used to hate on Amouranth but honestly the way she just transparently posts about finance and how she basically just uses her wealth to accrue more wealth (like making $150,000 from buying a $400,000 gas station and using completely legal tax incentives to make $550,000). Hasan spends all his money moving his 15 family members over here and buying them apartments. Respect.

XQC has more money than god but he lives in a roach infested man cave and eats cereal out of a dirty bowl, lol, rich can’t fix brain worms.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah xqc will be dead from some vitamin deficiency soon

and totally agreed, most of the reason i respect amouranth is because she's so upfront about the money stuff. lots of streamers are coy and don't like dropping the parasocial veil but she talks numbers and it rules. she'll be fully divested from streaming and into some corporate real-estate portfolio within a year. also hasan literally doesn't believe in investing or credit so lol if the well runs dry

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah it’s funny how Hasan seems smart because he has a great memory for factoids like dates and names of bills and who signed what etc but he’s actually such a Fuckin’ meathead when it comes to using brain power to think about stuff it’s very funny how completely cinderblock dumb he is and how his fortune just comes from his completely insane work ethic and his gigantic traps

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

couple weeks ago i tossed some flippant joke into his chat that he eye-of-sauron'd and took literally, melting down at it for a solid minute

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Dr.Radical posted:

Russell Peters tweeted out his fee for performing 3 one hour shows in Dubai or something and it was an insane loving amount of money, it was either six or seven figures*. "Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad!!" Honestly that was a tight 5, never laughed harder at a Just for Laughs comic. If Stav can pivot towards doing successful ethnic/Greek comedy he might have something. The pace that's required for that might literally kill him though, especially if with all the running around on tour he's actually gaining weight when he goes on the road.

*can't find it but by the looks of it he plays there a ton- I wonder if it has anything to do with the large population of Indians "employed" there? It seems like by mocking them/himself he's performing the equivalent of a minstrel show for rich Arab Dubai-ites so they can laugh at their slaves. Kinda hosed up but holy lol at pulling $19M/year for that

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
who the gently caress is hasan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

who the gently caress is hasan

Twitch political streamer
Nephew of the young turks guy