Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Real hurthling! posted:

Doctor Yue Yu caught on camera allegedly poisoning her husband with Drano https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yue-yu-drano-irvine-doctor-caught-on-camera-poisoning-husband/

dudes rock. my mans getting the house.

I'm Dr Yue.

Dr Yue G Rection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

KirbyKhan posted:

I've been sold on the Kia Sorento

Kia should hire him to do their commercials

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm Dr Yue.

Dr Yue G Rection

hi doc im here for my complementary butthole exam at complementary butthole exam day at the yankee game

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm Dr Yue.

Dr Yue G Rection

a thousand deaths are not enough for the traitor rection

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/biggestjoel/status/1558797878998564870?t=R9tgux6Kux0WVuOw_HMJ3w&s=19

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

well, they're 2 of the biggest stars in american cinematic history is all

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Smythe posted:

well, they're 2 of the biggest stars in american cinematic history is all

this is going to sound very dumb but i, uh, don't know anything about movies from before like 2008. my friends tell me it's freak poo poo too, but i just genuinely haven't seen any of them. I know there are some really good ones, but it's a big blank space in my brain

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

NeatHeteroDude posted:

this is going to sound very dumb but i, uh, don't know anything about movies from before like 2008. my friends tell me it's freak poo poo too, but i just genuinely haven't seen any of them. I know there are some really good ones, but it's a big blank space in my brain

the gently caress

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

wait are you like 20

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

NeatHeteroDude posted:

wait that wasn't just a joke??

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

500 good dogs posted:

lumpentroll posted:

the gently caress

lumpentroll posted:

wait are you like 20

nope, i'm late 20s. I know it's bad!! i just don't really watch movies in general and haven't had many friends who are into older stuff

i want to clarify that I know it's dumb! just too many movies, though, idk where to start

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

500 good dogs posted:

one time NHD was going to watch a gene kelly film but then someone waved a ball in his face and then hid it behind their back and he got distracted and stared at them for two hours wondering when they were going to throw the ball

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I know right like are you supposed to start with the first movie ever or just jump in with this year's films and wiki for lore

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
there's a (big) difference between having seen those old-rear end films and knowing that the old-timey famous actors existed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
NHD introducing goons to the degradation of American culture lol

All culture pre 9/11 has been vaporized from our collective consciousness.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
begrudgingly signing up for cinema 101 at the local community college so i can finally learn who humphrey bogart is

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

NeatHeteroDude posted:

what on earth

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

before like 2010 everybody watched the same stuff and it was all pretty good, not great. then everyone started watching their own special garbage and calling it great but really they were just enjoying that other people online wanted to talk to them about it.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

500 good dogs posted:

there's a (big) difference between having seen those old-rear end films and knowing that the old-timey famous actors existed

100% but I'm way out of touch (surprise surprise)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I know right like are you supposed to start with the first movie ever or just jump in with this year's films and wiki for lore

It's the same reason I can't watch marvel poo poo seriously because I genuinely don't even know how everything fits together and also a lot of it is bad (unlike older stuff, I'm not comparing them)

vyelkin posted:

one time NHD was going to watch a gene kelly film but then someone waved a ball in his face and then hid it behind their back and he got distracted and stared at them for two hours wondering when they were going to throw the ball

Lol this is also how I missed out on knowing anything about anything

Mr Hootington posted:

NHD introducing goons to the degradation of American culture lol

All culture pre 9/11 has been vaporized from our collective consciousness.

Thank you hootington. People should be nice to me because of 9/11 (ironically but also you're right about the day)

Smythe posted:

begrudgingly signing up for cinema 101 at the local community college so i can finally learn who humphrey bogart is

Lmao I also don't know who that is

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what on earth

airing new baggage so people can stop making fun of my mod voice

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

before like 2010 everybody watched the same stuff and it was all pretty good, not great. then everyone started watching their own special garbage and calling it great but really they were just enjoying that other people online wanted to talk to them about it.

:agreed:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

If you find yourself sitting down to watch the new Netflix slop maybe consider watching "Singing in the Rain" or "Casablanca" instead.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i havent seen casablanca or gone with the wind because i absorbed so many looney tunes parodies of them by the time i was 10 that i knew the whole movie and how all the actors in it acted without ever seeing it

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Real hurthling! posted:

i havent seen casablanca or gone with the wind because i absorbed so many looney tunes parodies of them by the time i was 10 that i knew the whole movie and how all the actors in it acted without ever seeing it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

All of you should watch Casablanca

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Real hurthling! posted:

I watched both of them and they were boring the slapstick comedy of bugs bunny et al. is a much needed addition, imo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
casablanca wasn't as good as the version i made up in my head through cultural osmosis before i had seen it. that one is lost forever now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maltese Falcon is some epic Bogart.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I like this thread :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Maltese Falcon is some epic Bogart.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/punished_cait/status/1558899965736656896

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drat even shoe size is only a 1.5 inch difference. 2whole str? well who am i to question a bro who has strong feelings

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

All of you should watch Casablanca

Casa. Blanca. The white home. The very name ish problematic. *sniff* The casa ish a physical manifestation of unconscioush capitalist deshires. It is pure ideology. *sniff*

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

overdrawn at the memory bank on mst3k is pretty much a film history class combining all of the best movie plots with some archival wildlife footage to pad the time. you got casablanca, total recall, the matrix, 1984, my nuts, its a tour du force. a raulbix cube of zeitgeist

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I got a film minor which wasn't useful for anything but it made me watch a lot of cool old movies. My old movie take is that everyone should watch M because Peter Lorre's performance is one of the best ever. Everyone knows about Metropolis and you should watch that too, but watch M.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
dudes rock

https://twitter.com/EngineMode11/status/1558767521972584449

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/status/1558803024713322499

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Lmao I also don't know who that is

good grief