Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

opengl128 posted:

gently caress me, best color and stock??

I'm reeeeally curious what you paid if you don't mind sharing.

I paid $7k. He originally wanted 8, which I thought would have been more than fair barring the body repair that needs to be done. The mechanical work is pennies on the dollar (lol Honda parts prices) so I didn’t factor it in.

The seller was extremely honest about every little flaw, and in the end I think we both came away happy - I am happy to add to the collection and he’s happy the car went to a good home after being with him for 22 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I am calling the police to report a theft

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Would love to have that in my garage.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I paid $7k. He originally wanted 8, which I thought would have been more than fair barring the body repair that needs to be done. The mechanical work is pennies on the dollar (lol Honda parts prices) so I didn’t factor it in.

The seller was extremely honest about every little flaw, and in the end I think we both came away happy - I am happy to add to the collection and he’s happy the car went to a good home after being with him for 22 years.

Well done dude, that's a super fair price.

Keep it stock!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Put a fart cannon on it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Rhyno posted:

Put a fart cannon on it.

mods plz

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Put a fart cannon on it.

MODS

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Exactly

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Make sure to put on an AEM cold air intake too for true turn-of-the-century.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Full Collapse posted:

Make sure to put on an AEM cold air intake too for true turn-of-the-century.

My inner ricer of course wants to do “things” to it, but I already have several other modded Hondas, and this one in some ways is extra special. I think it will remain stock for the foreseeable future.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
make it look like something out of Tokyo Drift, start a project thread for maximum crying.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My inner ricer of course wants to do “things” to it, but I already have several other modded Hondas, and this one in some ways is extra special. I think it will remain stock for the foreseeable future.

I love it and am weeping with joy that you rescued it from some teenaged bullshit. Beautiful ride!

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Who was the goon with the cactus green S4 Avant?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How about a wing and chrome wiper bladez?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

I would definitely struggle with this. If nothing else I do so love the sound of an unbaffled intake, especially on a B series :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp5iuNVRT5Q

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

As promised, daytime pics:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Panty Saluter posted:

I would definitely struggle with this. If nothing else I do so love the sound of an unbaffled intake, especially on a B series :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp5iuNVRT5Q

They sounds so good when it's not high pitched flatulence from a fart can.

Still jealous. Literally my high school dream car.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I've always liked that color.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Man, a girlfriend in college had a base model Civic of that vintage and drat was that cheap little car a blast. Running full throttle through the first three gears from every light without egregiously breaking the law never got old.

And just like that I need to search for my own now

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

How about a wing and chrome wiper bladez?

Double chrome wiper bladez.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
wiper blade with a wing on it

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I just want to say I love all you guys, but I hate all you guys

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Raluek posted:

wiper blade with a wing on it

Can't fool me, that's gamer RAM

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I too got a civic DD with the R.
Funny how life works out.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Just bought a 2017 2.0 Boxster as an employee incentive thingy - going to rota it out to staff at my company.

Drove it back 130-odd miles yesterday from Bristol to Hertfordshire. Used Waze so I could could get off the motorway for the last leg of the journery, stick the roof down and drive some A and B-roads. Going to refurb the wheels and get the windscreen sorted before unveiling it to the team, so it's currently sat in my drive.

Some thoughts (with comparisons to my V8 Vantage):

I'm not generally a Porsche fan. I respect the absolute hell out of them from an engineering and quality perspective, but outside of the 959 poster I had on my wall as a kid (alongside a Countach and F40) I've never found them desirable. They are very, very good cars in general, but also a dime a dozen and I've never found the 911 to be good looking.

I do rather like the appearance of the 718 - much more so than the older Boxster. I quite like the blue of this one, too. Comparing it to my 2009 V8 Vantage though, the Aston wins handily. Then again, I think it and the DB9 are some of the very best looking cars of all time. Also, to be fair, it's rather more money to buy new (though it was only 10k more than this Boxster used thanks to the relative ages).

I like how easy the Porsche is to drive. Everything in the cabin is simple and intuitive to operate. The roof comes down and goes up noticably quicker than the Aston. The V8 Vantage is reasonably agile and no slouch at all in the corners but the 718 definitely feels lighter and sharper. The chassis is incredible, and from my brief experience (and albeit I'm no elite driver) deserves all the plaudits it has received. This comparison is with traction control on for both cars, for what that's worth.

The engine, though. Not so pleased about that. We deliberately went with the 2.0 versus the 2.5 as we felt it would be easier to insure on a fleet, no named drivers basis, and would be enough power for our employees, many of who are quite young. But it feels a bit sluggish, even when taking into account the turbo lag. It's not slow, but I couldn't help feeling there's not quite enough power, and the sound is kind of grindy. Maybe I'm being harsher than I would be, coming out of the naturally aspirated, sweet as gently caress sounding Aston which also has more BHP and torque, but I expected even an entry-level engine on a Porsche to be better than this. A shame, but I'm hoping it should still be enough to put a smile on the faces of my staff, plus as I mentioned, everything else - looks, ease of use, handling etc are great. Looking forward to driving it a bit more.

OneSizeFitsAll fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 16, 2022

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I think this is probably the most creative tax write off I've seen for a while :eyepop:

Pretty sweet incentive for your staff though, nice!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MetaJew posted:

Who was the goon with the cactus green S4 Avant?

You rang?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

This color is incredible.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

Very, very jealous.

EBP and SSB are the best Honda colors.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PleasusChrist posted:

Very, very jealous.

gently caress me running. This just makes me mad again over the new one.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Honda blues :allears:

I'm reserving judgement on the new Integra until I see one in person. After seeing the TLX (or whatever it is now) in person the proportions were a lot more pleasing than in photographs. Some cars just look funny in photos

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

PleasusChrist posted:

Very, very jealous.

Wow that color is amazing.

Jealous of all the blue cars recently.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

opengl128 posted:

gently caress me running. This just makes me mad again over the new one.

No one aside from extremely expensive stuff from tiny boutique manufacturers will ever make a brand new cool, small, lightweight sporty car with perfect road feel and a high revving NA engine ever again. It's over, just get an old one now before they become even harder to find.
I too, was very disappointed by the new non-coupe teggy, but I wasn't surprised in the slightest. It was always going to be a civic Si, but the current Si is nothing like the old Si, so why would the integra be any different?
And no the BRZ doesn't count because it has the worst engine ever put in to a sports car of all time, world record, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Anyways here's my 90's car with perfect road feel from tonight, did a ton of donuts in that wet parking lot immediately after I took this photo:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
2nd gen 86/brz engine is great, actually

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Someone hit my car while it was parked up the other day and left it like this.

Been driving this around for about a week now, it’s really nice but I look forward to getting mine back.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Voltage posted:

And no the BRZ doesn't count because it has the worst engine ever put in to a sports car of all time, world record, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

I hear the new one has a better engine with the torque dip removed, FWIW.

quote:

Anyways here's my 90's car with perfect road feel from tonight, did a ton of donuts in that wet parking lot immediately after I took this photo:

Ah, so nice. Brings back a lot of memories whenever I see a Mk1 MX-5. I drove a 1.8 in British Racing Green for the best part of a decade - that car could tell some stories (or could if my brother hadn't written it off after I gave it to him). Simple, brilliant fun. And pop-up headlights. Does look good in red; and I like the rain glistening on it in your pic.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me

Voltage posted:

I too, was very disappointed by the new non-coupe teggy, but I wasn't surprised in the slightest. It was always going to be a civic Si, but the current Si is nothing like the old Si, so why would the integra be any different?
The Fiero's standard engine was the Iron Duke. The optional engine was an early (gutless) version of the GM 60* V-6.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

PBCrunch posted:

The Fiero's standard engine was the Iron Duke. The optional engine was an early (gutless) version of the GM 60* V-6.

Lol forgot about that one, definitely worse. One of my highschool classmates had a yellow Camaro with the iron duke, my chevy prizm was easily twice as fast even to 60.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

I hear the new one has a better engine with the torque dip removed, FWIW.
ya, idk about the torque dip being removed

This is my friend's gen 2

also, this is my K24 BRZ overlaid with my friend's full bolt on gen 1

these are all the same dyno and were done using the nasa config so they're pretty comparable by design

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

PBCrunch posted:

More like Iron Dook