Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

Bought my Dad a few rips around Silverstone for Father's Day which I'm taking him to on Sunday and I fear my passione clouded my judgement, so I'm predicting the Ferrari is going to grenade itself and he'll be forced to accept the indignity of driving an Aston Martin, or worse, a McLaren instead.

That's a badass gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

no wonder you hated your parents pizza growing up, i'd be sad if my mom made this too

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Charles Leclerc posted:

Bought my Dad a few rips around Silverstone for Father's Day which I'm taking him to on Sunday and I fear my passione clouded my judgement, so I'm predicting the Ferrari is going to grenade itself and he'll be forced to accept the indignity of driving an Aston Martin, or worse, a McLaren instead.

a good son :3:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Charles Leclerc posted:

You should be honoured to have the privilege to experience the sheer engineering masterpiece that is a McLaren.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

no wonder you hated your parents pizza growing up, i'd be sad if my mom made this too

No my parents pizza was made using some aggressively mediocre pre-made dough, overly sweet tomato sauce and only the poo poo my dad wanted on it (pineapple, diced ham and mushrooms). In an abstract vacuum it probably is a fine topping combination but eating that poo poo with the premade dough with zero variation for over a decade and having it being treated like some special thing really kills any potential for joy from that.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Bip Roberts posted:

I make pizza on in a green egg outside and it does a good job. Also nice not to crank up the oven to high in summer.

I have a green egg because the previous homeowners left it. But its so intimidating. And pointers for a rookie?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fyallm posted:

I have a green egg because the previous homeowners left it. But its so intimidating. And pointers for a rookie?

It's pretty simple to use, just pour charcoal in and use a starter. For low heat you adjust the temp with the top flap and don't touch the bottom too much. For high you need it very clean of ash for good air flow but they heat up really quickly once you get a flue running. Also I bought a PID fan/temperature control for smoking and it does a good job and allows me to leave the house for longer smokes.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

italian quid posted:

No my parents pizza was made using some aggressively mediocre pre-made dough, overly sweet tomato sauce and only the poo poo my dad wanted on it (pineapple, diced ham and mushrooms). In an abstract vacuum it probably is a fine topping combination but eating that poo poo with the premade dough with zero variation for over a decade and having it being treated like some special thing really kills any potential for joy from that.

:negative: sounds similar to how an aunt of mine made pizza when I was little, I feel your struggle

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
drat this came out good, more brie next time and it would have been perfect

Brie, mozzarella, prosciutto, figs, drizzle of balsamic reduction, and arugula

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Oops! All Grosjeans!

https://twitter.com/EngineMode11/status/1558353871600222208?t=esgi_fOHEopJBk-sXUUzgg&s=19

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

lmao

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
That’s almost half the field?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

they just wanted to park the cars neatly, what’s the problem

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

the e stands for e-brake ?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Formula E: Where Every Race Is Spa 1998

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

I figure a driver had used one of his magnet pickups on the wall there and it attracted the other cars. Formula E uses Mario Kart style powerups, right?

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Radio messages out of context

F1 Animated! The 2022 Season So Far...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfKF4OpvOC0

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

lol "very weird accident that?" no, you loving idiot, if you insist on running your races on inner city street circuits they become greasy as hell when it starts spitting rain thanks to all the rubber and oil baked into the tarmac and for some reason your garbage series is wedded to racing on budget road car tyres. it's entirely predictable.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Moto3 has the same issue where if there's a little bit of rain or some oil on the track half the field goes down because there's just too much power to overcome the limited traction the tires have.

F1 ends up avoiding these situations only because they have insane downforce and like a dozen to two dozen people supporting the driver and screaming in his ear about engine settings and track conditions corner to corner, if you threw them in the same situation without the support that comes with being in F1 they would do the same thing.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Yes but in fairness Moto3 is where careers go to flourish, not die.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I’d support making the whole f1 grid race moto3 bikes instead of their cars for 1 race.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17U3aagCtOA

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Russian Bear posted:

I’d support making the whole f1 grid race moto3 bikes instead of their cars for 1 race.

Both drivers ride 2 bikes bolted side to side together to resemble 1 car.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Zedd posted:

Oh poo poo! We can have a side car race instead! Good thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIsHAA77gKk&ab_channel=IsleofManTTRaces

Wholesome AF.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 13, 2022

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Zedd posted:

#2 driver rides bitch in a sidecar

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I grilled a cheeseburger. Used some smoked gouda as a nod to my boy big v

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Russian Bear posted:

Wholesome AF.

This is my favorite part of the video

I knew Lewis liked bikes, but to be honest I expected him to be a little bit better? I mean he's probably better than me, and obviously for him it's just a hobby, but at the same time he's a top tier racing driver, soo... :shrug:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Charles Leclerc posted:

lol "very weird accident that?" no, you loving idiot, if you insist on running your races on inner city street circuits they become greasy as hell when it starts spitting rain thanks to all the rubber and oil baked into the tarmac and for some reason your garbage series is wedded to racing on budget road car tyres. it's entirely predictable.

Half that track was brand new (in and through the stadium) the other greasy as hell and very freshly heavily rained on. They’re lucky it wasn’t flooded worse given the weather in Seoul this week.

Also keep the pizzas coming and if you dare, I think Iron Chef Something Awful is still happening in Goons With Spoons, could be a whole Worst Thread side battle.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

Half that track was brand new (in and through the stadium) the other greasy as hell and very freshly heavily rained on. They’re lucky it wasn’t flooded worse given the weather in Seoul this week.

Also keep the pizzas coming and if you dare, I think Iron Chef Something Awful is still happening in Goons With Spoons, could be a whole Worst Thread side battle.

Does a pizza I made from 2010 count?

It was a Lamb and Baby Spinach pizza with Tzatziki sauce.

Certainly wasn't my best one, but seems to be the only one I have a photo of. :xd:

Edit: Here, have a bonus Christmas themed Peppermint Choc Ripple Cake with Maltese's that I made.

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 14, 2022

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

#2 driver rides bitch in a sidecar

I don’t think Lewis would accept being driven by George

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i havent read any post itt.

today we remember Enzo Ferrari, who sadly died 34 years ago.

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/1558710013224312832

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

dying over summer break just so people would have something to talk about :italy:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

Adam driver is playing him in a new movie directed by Michael mann

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Adam Driver definitely has the passione.

https://youtu.be/t7HD2xG92-0

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ArmZ posted:

Adam driver is playing him in a new movie directed by Michael mann

Do we get Gaga in the movie too?

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Bip Roberts posted:

Do we get Gaga in the movie too?

She plays Ferruccio Lamborghini,

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Michael Mann owns and my copy of Heat 2 arrives tomorrow

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

This guy has lots of passione

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

This is an excellant post. I loved me some GP2 and this had me grinning from ear to ear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

having a good holiday then rebus?