Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Gonna do the dumbest poo poo imaginable and league start as a CI Flicker Strike Trickster. Just a huge number of absolutely required items for it to work and I won't have any of them until weeks into the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Vincent Valentine posted:

Gonna do the dumbest poo poo imaginable and league start as a CI Flicker Strike Trickster. Just a huge number of absolutely required items for it to work and I won't have any of them until weeks into the league.

"almost acts viable!"

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

What're you using for your engine?

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
I think I'm doing the second dumbest poo poo imaginable, which is league starting the new and completely untested skills and hoping for the best

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

shimmy shimmy posted:

I think I'm doing the second dumbest poo poo imaginable, which is league starting the new and completely untested skills and hoping for the best

Condolences

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Clockwerk posted:

Condolences

It'll work this time for sure!!!!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Thank you for finding the next Cracking Lance so we don't have to.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

CubeTheory posted:

What're you using for your engine?

To start? Probably something like Oro's. Eventually I don't know. I always liked the red trail + golden rule combo, but that's basically saying I'm going to take everything that makes a slayer flicker good and put it on a trickster where it does gently caress all. Maybe Apep's Supremacy so the bleed goes to chaos damage and gets negated by CI, but there's not much else about Apep's that's actually good. Realistically the answer is Farrul's Fur so that it's one item slot instead of potentially 3 taken up by the engine but that's real boring!

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
In one of the Baeclast episodes, apparently Octvanian was talking about the HC defenses he uses and everyone was astonished that it wasn't determination/grace/defiance, does anyone know where that was? I was trying to find it myself but these things are loving 3 hours long

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

To start? Probably something like Oro's. Eventually I don't know. I always liked the red trail + golden rule combo, but that's basically saying I'm going to take everything that makes a slayer flicker good and put it on a trickster where it does gently caress all. Maybe Apep's Supremacy so the bleed goes to chaos damage and gets negated by CI, but there's not much else about Apep's that's actually good. Realistically the answer is Farrul's Fur so that it's one item slot instead of potentially 3 taken up by the engine but that's real boring!

You can also use a Malevolence Watcher's Eye with 'Unaffected by Bleeding' which can actually work really well if you just scale bleeding and use something like Corrupting Fever

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

CubeTheory posted:

You can also use a Malevolence Watcher's Eye with 'Unaffected by Bleeding' which can actually work really well if you just scale bleeding and use something like Corrupting Fever

I had assumed "unaffected by bleeding" meant it wouldn't apply, which would make red trail not generate frenzy charges. Is that not the case?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

I had assumed "unaffected by bleeding" meant it wouldn't apply, which would make red trail not generate frenzy charges. Is that not the case?

Unaffected =/= immune

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1558967728312315904

I guess someone at GGG saw the video on this.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Yeah, unaffected is what you what, it just doesn't hurt you, you still get the bleed.

edit: This is why people play Slayer, for the 'Unaffected by bleeding while leeching'

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Keru posted:

I guess someone at GGG saw the video on this.

What video?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

whypick1 posted:

What video?

A few streamers were saying the fact that the pool for mods on blues is tiny now half the blue packs in the game are now gonna be stun immune, which completely bricks Boneshatter as a skill.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Trying to think of what might be a fun bow build to try with the new trickster. Tooling around with elemental scourge arrow, rain of arrows and maybe toxic rain in standard while we wait just to see how they feel to play. I never really play bow builds but have liked RoA when I've messed with it. I know it might have some single target issues that would need to be supplemented. I think Toxic Rain is still good and was heavy played a few leagues ago. Polymath and or Swift Killer seem like they could be flexible enough to support a lot of builds.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

whypick1 posted:

What video?

Took me a while to find the right thing to search on Youtube without getting a ton of terrible PoE builds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1D0nAQMkak

Edit: tl;dr what Ultima66 said up there

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've never done any type of brand build before, and I was thinking of trying out this Storm Brand guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2890856/page/1 by Velyna as a league starter.

Am I shooting myself in the foot?
Is RF still a decent league starter this go around; if so, does anyone have a good guide for a bad player like myself?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Jinnigan posted:

In one of the Baeclast episodes, apparently Octvanian was talking about the HC defenses he uses and everyone was astonished that it wasn't determination/grace/defiance, does anyone know where that was? I was trying to find it myself but these things are loving 3 hours long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8MAhPE0kss&t=120s

Doppelganger's Guise + Divine Flesh

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DangerDongs posted:

I've never done any type of brand build before, and I was thinking of trying out this Storm Brand guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2890856/page/1 by Velyna as a league starter.

Is RF still a decent league starter this go around; if so, does anyone have a good guide for a bad player like myself?

Go back a page, that build was brought up.

Pohx is still the RF king, and he just posted an updated video for 3.19. Haven't looked at it, but about the biggest change coming to this build in 3.19 I can think of is that it's going to be harder to get spell suppression capped because the item mods got nerfed and you're on the exact opposite side of the tree from those nodes.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

Pohx is still the RF king, and he just posted an updated video for 3.19. Haven't looked at it, but about the biggest change coming to this build in 3.19 I can think of is that it's going to be harder to get spell suppression capped because the item mods got nerfed and you're on the exact opposite side of the tree from those nodes.

Oof, thank you sir.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

whypick1 posted:

I didn't have any spell suppression on my RF guy in 3.18 and it was fine. What does hurt like hell is the Melding nerf, and the Gravicus veiled ES craft being removed. Max-block max-resist Aegis is going to lot harder to get online now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fire trap was also nerfed

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Fair points, forgot about Fire Trap nerf.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lamentable dustman posted:

new gloves are insane

It's rage inquisitor time :getin:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

DangerDongs posted:

That's a good build, but it caps out without a lot of currency in my experience.

For fun look up zboub on poe ninja for the most insane storm brand poo poo you have ever seen

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

graynull posted:

Trying to think of what might be a fun bow build to try with the new trickster. Tooling around with elemental scourge arrow, rain of arrows and maybe toxic rain in standard while we wait just to see how they feel to play. I never really play bow builds but have liked RoA when I've messed with it. I know it might have some single target issues that would need to be supplemented. I think Toxic Rain is still good and was heavy played a few leagues ago. Polymath and or Swift Killer seem like they could be flexible enough to support a lot of builds.

I am 100% doing ele scourge trickster. It's a very good build with Raider/Deadeye currently, and the new Trickster looks like it'll basically be Raider 2.0

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

DangerDongs posted:

see I can't follow this one because it needs a lot of uniques and we don't know how much they hosed with the unique drop rates .

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

nice, thank you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is one of those techs that's so obvious it makes you feel like a child when someone talks about it

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
He's mentioned his Doppelgangers + Divine Flesh tech like two months ago on some other stream. I bought up a speculative 6L Doppelgangers (well, I was also thinking of using it myself) back then but sadly, it didn't really seem to catch on. Given how cheap it is I still maintain that it's one of the most underrated uniques in the game.

Anyway for league start, I'm thinking of heisting day 1 and transitioning into a day 2-3 bosser. Narrowed it down to either Ice Spear or Blazing Salvo, and between either mines or totems. Are there any guides or in-depth discussions on the mechanics of either skill? (I think Goratha had a CoC Blazing Salvo this league and he talked about its interactions with Sniper's Mark -- that's the kind of info I'm looking for.) Also, any ideas, insight, etc. into what I should be thinking about re: mines vs. totems?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Had'nt noticed that Doppelganger got a pretty hefty buff recently enough, might try that while hoping the video does not spike it up too much.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now im stuck thinking about how funny a divine flesh doppelgangers trickster could be. using the ES recovery to reserve 100% of my mana or whatever

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

facepalmolive posted:

Anyway for league start, I'm thinking of heisting day 1 and transitioning into a day 2-3 bosser. Narrowed it down to either Ice Spear or Blazing Salvo, and between either mines or totems.

what are you heisting for exactly? Alt Gems or just lock picking for money?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Trickster Soul Drinker + Spell Breaker + Doppelganger + Mahuxotl Machination + Tempered by War + Wicked Ward + EB + Ghost Dance while reserving all mana for auras. You get 50% of phys/fire taken as chaos and 100% of cold/lit taken as chaos, +5% all max res and another 5% max all res for 4s when you hit max es. Suppressing a spell has a 50% chance to start your es recharge which applies to your life instead and won't be interrupted. A small es pool with high damage/leech should be enough to consistently fill your ES, although you probably wouldn't benefit much from effects while at full es. Might be overkill but its fun to think about.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

soscannonballs posted:

Trickster Soul Drinker + Spell Breaker + Doppelganger + Mahuxotl Machination + Tempered by War + Wicked Ward + EB + Ghost Dance while reserving all mana for auras. You get 50% of phys/fire taken as chaos and 100% of cold/lit taken as chaos, +5% all max res and another 5% max all res for 4s when you hit max es. Suppressing a spell has a 50% chance to start your es recharge which applies to your life instead and won't be interrupted. A small es pool with high damage/leech should be enough to consistently fill your ES, although you probably wouldn't benefit much from effects while at full es. Might be overkill but its fun to think about.

lol i might actually attempt to PoB warrior this. although the jewels and stuff will probably be expensive and take a long time to get. so probably going to spend a lot of time in the heist mines with pconc and 4 quicksilver flasks or some poo poo. anyway we do this and then we also take heartstopper for dot protection

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 15, 2022

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

EVIL Gibson posted:

what are you heisting for exactly? Alt Gems or just lock picking for money?

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't alt gems basically the only reason to bother?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't alt gems basically the only reason to bother?

an average contract at level 70ish spits out 4-5c on a bad lovely one. a lockpicking one or, rarely, div card perception heists can give 10-20, although that's the high end. you're right that blueprints with alt gems/replicas/actually good bases are where the gg money is, but if you have a raider or a Pathfinder with a bunch of flask effect you can blast a contract in about 2 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You get good currency too, enough to make currency rooms worth stopping by