Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*rolls into thread because my feet were tossed in a medical incinerator*

LOL if your piss doesn't sound like you're dumping aquarium gravel into your toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
on the topic of euro v americana

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Soda is terrible for your health, but on the other hand excessive consumption could lead to an early death and a release into the sweet bosom of the grave, so who's to say whether it's really good or bad.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Soda is terrible for your health, but on the other hand excessive consumption could lead to an early death and a release into the sweet bosom of the grave, so who's to say whether it's really good or bad.

Touché

I withdraw my soda objection

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if i could hook up a carbonation system to my tap water, i'd just drink that.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

if i could hook up a carbonation system to my tap water, i'd just drink that.
We regret to inform you that there is a drink-grade CO2 shortage

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

pastor of muppets has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Aug 15, 2022

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I hear there's this thing called going into debt

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PizzaProwler posted:

Tonts aren't cryptids.

E: then again, neither is Yulegoat. So none of this meme makes any sense.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mr. Lobe posted:

I hear there's this thing called going into debt

That's for saps and suckers.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

R Kelly?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

PizzaProwler posted:

How much Euro folklore features actual Satan wandering around the forest? And the fairies will do some wild poo poo to you if you step under the wrong bridge.

But in the US alone we have things like the axehandle dog, which eats axe handles; the fish that swims backwards to keep the water out of its eyes; jackalopes and so on. We got the whimsy. But I guess the memer thinks our thing is SCPs? Lame

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ragnar34 posted:

But in the US alone we have things like the axehandle dog, which eats axe handles; the fish that swims backwards to keep the water out of its eyes; jackalopes and so on. We got the whimsy. But I guess the memer thinks our thing is SCPs? Lame
Don't forget this guy!

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Ragnar34 posted:

How much Euro folklore features actual Satan wandering around the forest? And the fairies will do some wild poo poo to you if you step under the wrong bridge.

I thought the American cryptid was a wendigo? Those aren't from SCP.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

chainchompz posted:

I thought the American cryptid was a wendigo? Those aren't from SCP.

The?

We've got bushels of them. Lots of people like Chupacabra but I'm partial to the Jersey Devil

All of which make appearances on the X-Files ofc.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
The one pictured in the meme.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I have and will gently caress every cryptid, american or otherwise

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm partial to the Michigan Dogman

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Keter my SCP hole

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

chainchompz posted:

The one pictured in the meme.

Oh yeah, sorry.

Context is my personal devil.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There's always the forums mascot cryptid The Squonk. An ugly, shriveled creature that cries itself to death if it's ever confronted.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Who What Now posted:

He prefers to be called Kid Rock.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

There's always the forums mascot cryptid The Squonk. An ugly, shriveled creature that cries itself to death if it's ever confronted.

Prof. Spaceman posted:

He prefers to be called Kid Rock.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Florida man is my favorite cryptid

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Who What Now posted:

Be sure to select the Melee, Strong, and Trapper traits so you can skin one after getting out of the cryotube for a pelt to keep warm with

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Ragnar34 posted:

Yeah, switch the whimsical gnome and the horrible child-stealing beast, but keep the guys the same. Europeans nowadays love their wacky festivals about the Krampus, while there is at least one actual show, whose name escapes me, about people who want to hunt and actually kill the gentle giant Bigfoot.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FFT posted:

We regret to inform you that there is a drink-grade CO2 shortage

Take CO2 from atmosphere, put it in drinks, world saved.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Do you have any idea just how many people you doxxed

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
A lot of american cryptids are to the point. They gonna kill ya', but you know they gonna kill ya'.

Euro crytpids are all "Fiddle dee dee, I shall dance for thee! I will make your crops grow, in exchange for a pretty red bow!", and then your forget to put a red bow out and they curse you and your kin for 7 generations hence to have their dicks fall off and your women to give birth to eel-badgers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/F2pUVPb.mp4

https://twitter.com/bovibaee/status/1523079870187593730
https://twitter.com/Kaiserhawk/status/1553759267001335810
https://twitter.com/Dann_Sw/status/1553035200682156032
https://twitter.com/whimsycottt/status/1554938099578200064

https://twitter.com/Sirce_ap/status/1558234018306347008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxhd5FwIpY4

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ragnar34 posted:

I suspect the memer was american. So his idea of European cryptids is tainted by modern whitewashed children's' fairy tales.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It was implied with the "france"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
Y'all are forgetting the most terrifying cryptid of them all:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Bismuth posted:

I have and will gently caress every cryptid, american or otherwise

Don't be a coward, :toxx: it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's a photoshopped image of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Nobody was that jacked back then, men or women. But you can read about an actual historical strongwoman here:

https://www.vintag.es/2014/02/old-portraits-of-katie-sandwina-lady.html

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Paladinus posted:

It's a photoshopped image of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Nobody was that jacked back then, men or women. But you can read about an actual historical strongwoman here:
Nope... apparently she's real...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...onventions.html

(I know... it's a daily mail article, but seems to have some legit research on Victorian strongwomen... here's a screenshot of the same image with a caption though if you feel you don't want to give them traffic...)

quote:

Pictured is a woman, known only as Lotti, who was the World Champion of Power Gymnastics in 1925

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

https://www.vintag.es/2014/02/old-portraits-of-katie-sandwina-lady.html

You know about Sandwina (who is a very cool lady) but not about the OG strongman and muscle enthusiast Eugene Sandow?

People could be jacked back then, but there was hardly any need before Sandow literally made it a big enough sport/Circus show where you could earn money.

Also, if people are interested in short high quality documentaries about these old strongman/strongwoman people I can recommend these here done by Rogue Fitness. https://www.youtube.com/c/roguefitness/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=9

Helios Grime has a new favorite as of 07:38 on Aug 15, 2022