Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

scott zoloft posted:

Automatic drivers are basically mac n cheese eaters to me

mac and cheese is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Earwicker posted:

yea its definitely regional. in some parts of ca the biggest rear end in a top hat drivers are in teslas, in other parts its f150's. in brooklyn ny it's the honda odyssey.

In NorCal, it’s Audis, they surpassed BMW’s about 15 years ago as the #1 choice of arrogant dickstains. Charger/Challengers are right up there for idiots that want to drive recklessly stupid, it’s no longer Camaro/Mustangs for the most part.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yea i grew up in the bay and i remember the age of the IROC.

a good friend of mine had a 1970 z28, one of those bright orange ones, and he was a fairly responsible driver most of the time but people were constantly trying to race him everywhere

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I absolutely judged the parent with the “IF YOU THINK IM TRASHY THEN gently caress YOU” T-shirt at the fair last weekend.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

causticBeet posted:

car guys are just gender swapped horse girls (they want to
gently caress the car)

lol yup. and i would never date a horse girl

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah, loving centaurs! Walking around making GBS threads everywhere, thinking they're too good for pants... At least Truckuleus wears jeans.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I drove manual for years and it was great fun on open roads. It sucked balls for commuting or in traffic. I wouldn't intentionally ever get one again.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I was happy I had one a few times in the ice and snow, I'll tell you that

But that's only compared to a bare bones automatic with no fancy poo poo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I learned to drive on a manual and hated it. Got an automatic for my first car and was like "oh wow this actually doesn't totally suck". I really don't see driving as something to enjoy though and never have. I do it cause I live in the US and pretty much have to. There's no leisure in it for me so the less I have to do, good. If I had access to better public transportation I'd basically never drive (I barely drove for the 17 years I lived in the city but now I'm in the burbs and getting around is a loving pain without a car)

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

kntfkr posted:

the green just looks bad
Wait, do iPhones tag Android users in text messages somehow so people can feel superior over their expensive phone?

Is this why a contingent of iPhone users know or care what phones others use?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Cart return in parking lot has already been mentioned a few times, but that. People trying to save themselves 15 steps and 37 seconds of their lives.

veni veni veni posted:

I learned to drive on a manual and hated it.

It's a good skill to have incase you need it, but not a requirement and I completely understand how most people in the US don't have the skill anymore.

Even if people have practiced manual their entire life, less things to worry about doing in the car is just a bonus.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Elukka posted:

Wait, do iPhones tag Android users in text messages somehow so people can feel superior over their expensive phone?

Is this why a contingent of iPhone users know or care what phones others use?

literally yes

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I quite enjoy driving, and my manual transmission in my stupid Italian car makes people less likely to want to drive or borrow it, so it suits me. I love my stupid Italian car.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Methanar posted:

literally yes

One android user spoils the group text

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I judge the gently caress out of people who repot their plants too loving early or into a pot that is incorrect in size. I hate people who think rocks are an acceptable method of adding drainage to a pot. You're a loving poo poo flinging moron. No poo poo you killed your plant why the gently caress are you making it my problem

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I judge the gently caress out of people who repot their plants too loving early or into a pot that is incorrect in size. I hate people who think rocks are an acceptable method of adding drainage to a pot. You're a loving poo poo flinging moron. No poo poo you killed your plant why the gently caress are you making it my problem

Well there's an accurate username

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

when did this turn into the Batman supervillain thread

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Shithouse Dave posted:

I quite enjoy driving, and my manual transmission in my stupid Italian car makes people less likely to want to drive or borrow it, so it suits me. I love my stupid Italian car.

yeah no i'm totally a car guy and love my little manual japanese sports cars, but judging people for driving an automatic is a laffo, even by the extremely low standards of this thread

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

Adults who use tik tok

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

imo if you're over the age of 40 using tik tok you should at least have to prove you smoke a minimum quantity of meth

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

I'd say knock 10 years off that, at minimum.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Driving an automatic car is also a good indicator you own a dog that doesn't listen or behave.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

:confused:

i know judging people for arbitrary poo poo is the theme of the thread and all but how tf does that make any sense

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

scott zoloft has lost the plot entirely

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If your dog or child behaves well i assume you are a tyrannical dickhead

Let your dog bite people and your kid burn things

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I have a well behaved dog and a manual transmission, my kids are heathens, not sure how it balances out

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

500excf type r posted:

I have a well behaved dog and a manual transmission, my kids are heathens, not sure how it balances out

66% tyrant. Bad, but not like hitler-bad

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
If some poo poo dog bites me I'm going to bite it back and if the owner starts poo poo I'll take their car, which is an automatic because of their dog.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
if you're using snapchat for anything other than sending people dick and tit pics you're doing it wrong

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Thinking you're cool for driving a stick-shift when 90% of the population couldn't give less of a gently caress about your $900 honda with a spoiler

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Snowy posted:

One android user spoils the group text
Why? Are they also using non-standard technical solutions to induce brand loyalty?

This is eye-opening, I literally had no idea how people who care about phone brands even know what others are using. Phones that aren't Apple don't signal to you what others are using and physically they all look like near-identical black rectangles.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elukka posted:

Why? Are they also using non-standard technical solutions to induce brand loyalty?

This is eye-opening, I literally had no idea how people who care about phone brands even know what others are using. Phones that aren't Apple don't signal to you what others are using and physically they all look like near-identical black rectangles.

Yes. Its a deal and apple users (especially teenaged) bully or exclude android users to keep chats pure

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Rofl

Just use telegram or whatever then it doesn't matter what the os us fuckin hell

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

In my experience the brand loyalty people are always the android weirdos. There is literally nothing less exciting or worth remarking on than than owning an iPhone, yet every now and then you'll meet some guy that is 5 feet tall and looks like the hunchback of Notre Dame that feels compelled to make a negative comment about your iPhone. it isn't 2009 where people are forming lines around the block for apple crap. everyone owns iPhones because you cell provider tries to jam a new one into your pocket every two years. Also Android phones blow.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Weirdo

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Green text bubble = this message was sent via SMS

Blue text bubble = this message was sent via iMessage

it differentiates them so people don't wonder why the iMessage features aren't working with that person. It's not green to say "haha this person has a lovely Android phone" even though people might think that

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
imessage is basically ICQ as far as I can tell.

Get with the times gramps.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

The only time i receive an SMS, is either for 2FA or when someone messages me whose smartphone broke falls back onto an old Nokia.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

As bad as trying to text an iPhone user is ("iPhone User Laughed at...") Googles fuckin "it's apples fault texting sucks! They should support our standard instead!" poo poo sucks too. White on green isn't 'harder to read on purpose'. Photos and videos over mms should be compressed and frankly I'm amazed iphones don't compress media at all, my apple friends all have data usage that's way higher than me because of it, and unlimited data is like $80/month here.

I guess another thing I judge people for is, paying too much for data. I never hit my 1GB cap, other than imessage having no respect for one's wallet I have no idea how one spends data that quickly? Do you need to stream dune in 4k in the middle of the woods or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I dunno if it's completely seamless because I don't really care but I'm pretty sure they fixed most of these issues already; I'm on Android and I can see/do the chat reactions thing all my iphone friends do.