Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

It sounds like you only had as much power production as your conduits are capable of but that's not actually how conduits work. They can transmit any amount of power through them. Energy Conduits power input is per blockspace input and power output is per output face.

As far as IV power its up to 8192 EU/t, 4x as much as EV. RF converts to EU at 4:1 so a signalum numi is probably outputting about 800 EU/t depending on what augments you have in it (I can't remember how many slots signalum is). So an EBF pulling its max input from an single IV input is about 10 numis. So about half your total generation capacity so unless the rest of your base so no wonder it blacked you out.

I've heard after numis the next step is generally plasma turbines from fusion. I just setup some diesel multiblock generators because my nitrodiesel storage was full and I felt like it but the discord says that's really kind of a sidegrade to just stamping out more numis. A multiblock diesel will put out 6144 EU/t if you give it oxygen too which isn't too bad but they need robust petrochem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Yeah, you’re at a pain point until you get oxygen plasma fusion up and running. I’ve seen people do large complex fission reactors with active cooling but that seemed like too much hassle to me.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Anyone got a rec for a good shader/texture replacement mod that I can just chuck in and keep playing on the non-modded server I'm currently on? Making the game look a bit fancier would be fun.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

LtSmash posted:

It sounds like you only had as much power production as your conduits are capable of but that's not actually how conduits work. They can transmit any amount of power through them. Energy Conduits power input is per blockspace input and power output is per output face.

As far as IV power its up to 8192 EU/t, 4x as much as EV. RF converts to EU at 4:1 so a signalum numi is probably outputting about 800 EU/t depending on what augments you have in it (I can't remember how many slots signalum is). So an EBF pulling its max input from an single IV input is about 10 numis. So about half your total generation capacity so unless the rest of your base so no wonder it blacked you out.

I've heard after numis the next step is generally plasma turbines from fusion. I just setup some diesel multiblock generators because my nitrodiesel storage was full and I felt like it but the discord says that's really kind of a sidegrade to just stamping out more numis. A multiblock diesel will put out 6144 EU/t if you give it oxygen too which isn't too bad but they need robust petrochem.

Oohhh. So really i should just add more numis :/

At sign level they are putting out up to 12,500 RF so 3,125 EU. SO i need 3 upgraded numis per IV power input.

I think i might need to just carve out another massive room and make about 100 of these things :/ (and expand my loot fab/simu), or look into plasma

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I had something like 50 numis before I had to switch to fission reactors. I think I overdid the fission reactors because I skipped fusion power. I still needed to make fusion reactors for exotic materials but I never took plasma to turbines.

Ultimately, I did make a few of those Mk2 naquadah reactors in the end game while I was trying to get to creative power.

Edit: I don't think you can completely skip a fission reactor because you need various byproducts for the end game, but you can make a lovely breeder reactor that just kind of mauls thorium and then just reprocess the output to get all the other stuff.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 7, 2022

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
It’s me - I’m the Thorium Mauler.

I am now ramping up production to build 15 T8 micro miners so I can baby-step my way to sufficient Neutronium to make Chaotic injectors…. I must say it’s pretty empowering when I can single-click schedule hundreds of crystal matrix plates. Watching the system chew up several hundred thousand diamonds in a few seconds is baller.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Meskhenet posted:

Oohhh. So really i should just add more numis :/

At sign level they are putting out up to 12,500 RF so 3,125 EU. SO i need 3 upgraded numis per IV power input.

I think i might need to just carve out another massive room and make about 100 of these things :/ (and expand my loot fab/simu), or look into plasma

Remember to upgrade your polymer clay production before you slam down a bunch more DMLs. I got distracted and forgot to finish expanding the clay production and while I have it set up to prioritize the ppc back into the loop so it didn't totally collapse it did totally starve the power for the rest of the base.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Wanting to give 1.16/1.18 a try, but I'm having trouble with curseforge.
I'm stuck on this bit

And then it just keeps on this screen forever. :/
I've tried [standard] and setting the folder elsewhere, such as E:/storage/cursemods but no luck

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

LtSmash posted:

Remember to upgrade your polymer clay production before you slam down a bunch more DMLs. I got distracted and forgot to finish expanding the clay production and while I have it set up to prioritize the ppc back into the loop so it didn't totally collapse it did totally starve the power for the rest of the base.

Ive always got 1 setup as backup because i did the same early on. so i add a new PC setup and then let the idle one enter the pipes (What i SHOULD do, is get rid of the LV and 2x MV ones i have, but its easier to just add to the network)

Just slapped down 7 skulker simulations, once they get close to self aware ill make a batch of 10 numis.

Im back to a deficiet of hydrogen and oxygen. maybe i need to EV/HV a row of water ><

I think i spend a few hours doing a few quests. then a few days just sorting poo poo out and optimsing stuff

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

I think i spend a few hours doing a few quests. then a few days just sorting poo poo out and optimsing stuff
Processing arrays will give you another means towards boosting a lot of different things. I ultimately was using them for all of the situations you were posting.

Edit: Well, not for the actual simulations. :p

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 8, 2022

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok ill get to those at some point.

The T3 miner. option 1 is exquis diamonds and ruby, emerald, and some token ore. option 2 is pretty much tungsten , some sapphire and certus ore.

Do i need any of that stuff?

Im getting my tungsten from endstone, so while ive set up all my crafting recs for the t3 miner, im thinking of just bee lining to t4

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Eventually you'll need exquisite diamonds towards the end game. I think it was the diamonds in particular. You could munch down the rubies too (always grabbing around for spare poo poo in end game). I don't remember mauling the emeralds though. I think sapphire also had an interesting end-game demand.

I guess, in other words, no, you don't need any of that stuff--right now.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I just got my first T9 miner. I am thrilled to be able to advise you that you need something on the order of 50k exquisite diamonds and you should automate their retrieval as soon as feasible. You also need absurd amounts of dilithium and wither realm data, so bank that poo poo.

Now that I have my T9, I calculate I need to send 10 more T8s for the mats to make a T10, to say nothing of the omnium. The end is nigh though. That neutronium slog was rough.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Bhodi posted:

Played a bunch of rustic waters 2. I have to give it an overall thumbs down.

A bunch of the early game of this pack centers around base stuff, roughly create->thermal/mekanism. Materials are provided through sieves and later ore seeds. Digital storage is (of course) gated way into the pack, though you do get drawers and a mod that lets you look at all adjacent inventories which is real nice. There's an expandable underwater base, and of course an entire underwater world is a nice gimmick.

Unfortunately, then you hit midgame where you need 'hearts' from dungeons to progress. That's where the problem lies. Combat in minecraft isn't great as we all know; Apparently the various mod's damage has been buffed/balanced to make them all viable, you've got tech, magic, and normal weapons and really killing creatures isn't that much of a problem...

The problem is defense. There are absolutely no quests centered around tips/tricks, what you should wear, good enchants or items from the various mods, just a few tips that "Hey if you are having trouble, enchant your armor!" Like, gently caress you man. I go into an area and creatures teleport on top of me, I get insta-blinded and then die in three hits, even with full steel armor.

You'd think for a pack that spent so much time on custom POIs there'd at least be a single quest page breadcrumbing you through it and helping you to get equipped.

Nomifactory it is not.

I don't know Rustic Waters 2, so apologies if this is a dumb question. Does the pack have any tools for enchanting armor more easily than vanilla? Even vanilla isn't too bad once you get it rolling. I played for a while on a Vanilla+ Server (serverside mods only, it was playable with a vanilla client) and an important part of gearing up on that server to fight some of the customized boss mobs (who did crazy poo poo just teleblind and rooting you and so on) was getting set up in diamond armor with maxed out Protection enchants, cause Prot IV on all four pieces of gear gives you a second layer of 64% damage reduction that stacks multiplicatively with your regular armor reduction - a full 20 armor and Prot IV on everything gives you ~93% damage reduction and will take that death in three hits to death in 9-10 hits.

The "ey just go enchant gear!" tooltip is kind of unhelpful but is also technically good advice

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Okay, coming back to this, I found The New Guy ran a length of Tom's Storage cables a few hundred blocks long/deep to a terminal at a strip mining operation so he could just offload everything back to his central vault via long distance. Oh boy. It's... not really a second network, but it is reaching several chunks away to send items. I'm not sure how likely it is that this is the culprit, and if I should just remove a couple cable pieces to sever the connection for testing performance or if I should gut the whole line to be sure. Any experts on this able to weigh in?

Any update to this? Super curious

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 11, 2022

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Magres posted:

I don't know Rustic Waters 2, so apologies if this is a dumb question. Does the pack have any tools for enchanting armor more easily than vanilla?

Yeah, it has Ars Nouveau, which has a full separate enchanting mechanism that bypasses the table and bookshelves.

You can also use it to cast defensive/restorative spells *and* it doubles as a really good offensive source; IME a lot of my issues with combat in RW2 were abated when I really started sinking my teeth into Ars Nouveau.

Oh, and Reflective enemies. gently caress every source of "your damage is reflected back at you" that has ever existed in video games. I swear the overwhelming majority of my deaths in RW2 were firing a mass AoE nuke into a room and blowing up instantly because it tagged a boss monster with Reflective.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Magres posted:

Any update to this? Super curious

I have no idea wtf is going on with the server anymore. It doesn't seem to have been Tom's Storage after all and my closest operating theory after some more poking around is that Shockbyte is kinda poo poo and inconsistent and we maybe shouldn't be trying to run mods on it at all.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, it has Ars Nouveau, which has a full separate enchanting mechanism that bypasses the table and bookshelves.

You can also use it to cast defensive/restorative spells *and* it doubles as a really good offensive source; IME a lot of my issues with combat in RW2 were abated when I really started sinking my teeth into Ars Nouveau.

Oh, and Reflective enemies. gently caress every source of "your damage is reflected back at you" that has ever existed in video games. I swear the overwhelming majority of my deaths in RW2 were firing a mass AoE nuke into a room and blowing up instantly because it tagged a boss monster with Reflective.
In RW2 you need need a dungeon heart to make the ars nouvaeu main pedestal thing which is very early in the pack, which was what I was trying to do to to magic up when I got absolutely clobbered.

I think I just tend to like modpacks where you just stay around your base makin' machines that produce stuff which you feed into other machines. Maybe if I aim a drill very carefully I can target that part of my brain that remembers nomifactory so I can enjoy it again for the first time.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bhodi posted:

In RW2 you need need a dungeon heart to make the ars nouvaeu main pedestal thing which is very early in the pack, which was what I was trying to do to to magic up when I got absolutely clobbered.

Do you mean the Hateful Heart? That isn't needed for anything in Ars Nouveau except the tier 3 spellbook. Are you maybe confusing it with the Mystical Agriculture infusion altar?

The pedestals and arcane core for the enchanting apparatus are just arcane stone and gold, and the enchanting apparatus only adds treated wood and books into the mix.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Double checked, this is the right thread !!!

So nomifactory, How do i deal with fluid storage?

I wanted to use 5 quantum chests on a fluid interface (AE2) hoping it would push/pull but it didnt.

(and boy do i wish i was on a server. Ive set up a draw for annelled copper wire, 16x 8x, 4x, 2x, 1x, but only have enough o2 for 1 EBF, god its been so slow. And that needs to fill before i can grind it for powder and automate signulum)

And

auto packet crafting. is there a way to open the packets after they are crafted?
Yes i stuffed up.

I set a stack of t3 miners to auto craft.

EVERY PACKAGE was set to process, not craft.

So i have all the mats for a stack of t3 miners stored away in packages that dont actually do anything.
(im tempted to bin those and just magic in a stack, but then im never going to learn how to use this thing)

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
You can right click the packages to get all the stuff out of them. I had to do that a few times in the end game when automation would jam up for some reason.

I am kind of puzzled by one EBF eating all your oxygen. I was having to dump excess oxygen early in the process. Or maybe that was a side effect of my fluid storage . . .

. . . so speaking of fluid storage, I would just dedicate a cell to each fluid I seemed to need by partitioning it. Slap the cell in a workbench and put the new fluid in every square. This is kind of obnoxious but a common approach. I think second-best we're fluid storage buses set to specific fluids. Either way, you will have to vent excess side products to ensure the primary output still gets produced with the machines jamming up.

I had electrolysis going on but I feel like plenty of other crap was making GBS threads out oxygen constantly. Ores in particular have a pile of oxides in them. I cannot remember specifically but I would not be surprised if all my wood processing didn't poo poo out oxygen too.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Kyrosiris posted:

Do you mean the Hateful Heart? That isn't needed for anything in Ars Nouveau except the tier 3 spellbook. Are you maybe confusing it with the Mystical Agriculture infusion altar?

The pedestals and arcane core for the enchanting apparatus are just arcane stone and gold, and the enchanting apparatus only adds treated wood and books into the mix.

Yeah it was the hateful heart and I needed for some other thing, definitely mystical agriculture was the reason I went adventuring because I didn't have the needed materials for the jump to AE2 and I don't remember exactly what else but I had built all the pedestals but wasn't really doing anything with it because there wasn't really any guidance on how to buff myself and I remember I decided to explore rather than read a long-rear end in-game mod instruction book page by page.

I pretty much just f4'd after getting bodyslammed in combat and was real angry about it, concluded I really just don't like exploration/combat focused packs unless it's a custom-crafted world like blightfall.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 14, 2022

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Meskhenet posted:

Double checked, this is the right thread !!!

So nomifactory, How do i deal with fluid storage?

I wanted to use 5 quantum chests on a fluid interface (AE2) hoping it would push/pull but it didnt.
Do you mean a fluid storage bus? because that's what you want to use. I tried the partitioning rocko mentioned and while it worked I give it a huge thumbs down. Hit the ? for some chatter a few pages(?) back on fluids and my thoughts there. tl;dr use fluid storage busses for most thing, do what you're doing plus put storage buses either directly against the machines that produce it for low volume fluids or against a drum that the machine is outputting into rather than trying to bring it all into AE2.

quote:

(and boy do i wish i was on a server. Ive set up a draw for annelled copper wire, 16x 8x, 4x, 2x, 1x, but only have enough o2 for 1 EBF, god its been so slow. And that needs to fill before i can grind it for powder and automate signulum)
Oxygen is the product from a whole bunch of refinement exports, mainly from electrolysis if I recall, you should be able to find something you have abundance of and generate some from that. I think they may have fixed it but look for a materials-positive sodium -> sodium hydroxide -> sodium infinite loop which produces oxygen.

quote:

auto packet crafting. is there a way to open the packets after they are crafted?
I've done this too. Just hold them and crouch-right click, it expands it into your inventory.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 14, 2022

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

. . . so speaking of fluid storage, I would just dedicate a cell to each fluid I seemed to need by partitioning it. Slap the cell in a workbench and put the new fluid in every square. This is kind of obnoxious but a common approach. I think second-best we're fluid storage buses set to specific fluids. Either way, you will have to vent excess side products to ensure the primary output still gets produced with the machines jamming up.
You don't need to fill every space. Partitioning locks it to only take what's in the squares not locking each fraction of the cell to use what's in a square. I've been doing a 1k cell per fluid if I need it in any sort of quantity. Just make sure you limit production or you can end up turning all your chlorine into rocket fuel and only notice once everything else that needs chlorine grinds to a halt.

Bhodi posted:

Oxygen is the product from a whole bunch of refinement exports, mainly from electrolysis if I recall, you should be able to find something you have abundance of and generate some from that. I think they may have fixed it but look for a materials-positive sodium -> sodium hydroxide -> sodium infinite loop which produces oxygen.
They argue on discord that its not really materials positive since it only breaks the water down to hydrogen and oxygen and recycles the sodium. But if water isn't free by the time you are there you have some problems.

Cryodistillation for noble gasses shits out a ton of nitrogen and oxygen if you are doing enough to get noble gasses at anything but a trickle.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Bhodi posted:

I pretty much just f4'd after getting bodyslammed in combat and was real angry about it, concluded I really just don't like exploration/combat focused packs unless it's a custom-crafted world like blightfall.

Yeah, that's fair. I definitely feel like combat was the weakest part of RW2 other than the very finale - that is, trying to make the Creative items without an easy in-road like Nomi's creative tank - but I never felt like I didn't have options, only that the options possibly weren't sufficient for the bullshit I was facing.

Like Reflective mobs, there's no way around those just deciding "you die today, gg bitch", especially if you've tooled your Ars spells to do enormous damage and have the charm that adds a percentile damage bonus for every kill you've ever scored.

If I was gonna replay RW2 I'd find some way to remove that modifier specifically from the pool of options. Nothing else, even infested, caused me as much annoyance as Reflective.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Meskhenet posted:

My relatively-short experience is that many of the things you need to electrolyze to be useful outside of extremely specific contexts - pyrope, almandine, bauxite, ruby, etc. - have oxygen as a side product as well. Between that, cryogenic air distillation, and electrolyzing water to get hydrogen, I have more oxygen than I know what to do with.

Also, PackagedAuto pisses me off. It always manages to eat/"lose" one of my packages if I multicraft anything, and some kind of bug basically lost the packages for 120 LuV Emitters before I realized it's only a 7-slot recipe and I can just use regular-rear end AE processing crafting for it. :v:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Yeah there's some goofiness with PackagedAuto that gives me some Skinner Box vibes. That is, if you manage to learn the magic song and dance that gives you the treat of it working, it'll be perfectly fine, but you wouldn't be able to say what changed. It just managed to teach you its peculiar way through trial and error. They were jamming up on me all the time up until right at the final quest when they always just worked.

I would often see a pile of clogged up package crafting if I cancelled a job. The problem was that I'd usually be cancelling a job that had jammed, and I wouldn't be able to tell you if it was because of package crafting. So I never was able to tell exactly what was cause and effect.

LtSmash posted:

You don't need to fill every space. Partitioning locks it to only take what's in the squares not locking each fraction of the cell to use what's in a square.

Huh, so I could have just high-fived one of the squares and called it a day? That's a lot more convenient because the GUI really bogs down as I painted in the fluid.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I found packageauto breaking/hanging jobs was always, ALWAYS related to me forgetting to enable blocking mode on my interfaces somewhere (generally deep in the dependency tree). The main end-game culprits were my microuniverse projectors which took me half a dozen hours of failed/stalled jobs to find, which were broken both because I forgot to enable blocking mode (which I didn't catch because it didn't matter for half the game because I wasn't trying to sequentially put different types of microminers in) and also I didn't have a large enough import/export block for the end-game recipes.

You may think you lost recipes but I assure you they are sitting SOMEWHERE in some unpackager because of no valid destination from a clogged input bus.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 15, 2022

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

i had a time where i was +500k o2,

Then it trickled, now im pretty much breaking even.

That means somewhere in my nest of machines, something has stopped working.

And im at EV now (i think) and more tempted to just remake a new line of machines oncve i figure out what stopped because i no longer have access to it.

And i will double check to see if it was a fluid storage bus or an interface.

Is there any thing at all that uses nitrogen? i think i have a 10 slot ME drive with 10 64k fluid carts just for N

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
So... I'm getting the itch again and wouldn't mind advice on what pack to play.

I'm mostly looking for a pack with guided questing and an emphasis on progression. I'm not so big on exploration or very esoteric systems, though some is fine. Nor am I opposed to magic systems though I like at least some tech progression as well.

I remember playing some pack, I think it might have been Sevtech ages, where it kept sending me all over the map to find weird resources, and doing things like building totems and dancing around them playing drums to advance, that was just too out there for me. Which is a pity, because I like the tech ages concept and gating to open up new mods, but I mostly want to build stuff.
I played Omnifactory (90% sure) and that was probably the furthest I got in a pack, but I ended up dropping it when performance was dropping and I realized something about my spaghetti bowl setup of pipes and AE had broken and was now generating resources from nothing. I probably should have gone through with plans to rebuild everything as a space station with a better setup but that was when I got bored.
I also played was I think was Gregtech New Horizons, it was sold to me as a harder but more up to date Omnifactory, and it was too brutally hard for me. I probably could have survived with just the progression difficulty but getting my rear end handed to me constantly by mobs on top of it was too much.
And of course Blightfall was awesome but I follow this thread enough to be under the impression there's no real successor that quite captures the charm.

Of the ones I've played, I'm most likely to return to Omnifactory and hope there's a better performing/less buggy version now. I see people talking about Nomifactory, but don't really know how that compares with other packs? It might be what I'm looking for. Also, suggestions for other packs are welcome, I'm not exactly well versed about what's out there.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

Is there any thing at all that uses nitrogen? i think i have a 10 slot ME drive with 10 64k fluid carts just for N
I can't remember specifically about nitrogen but a few things need nitric acid. I think you'd get there from ammonia, and I believe you can produce that by ramming nitrogen into hydrogen in a chemical reactor. I think ammonia also a byproduct of other stuff so you may be taking care of that business by refining organic stuff already. I do know I end up venting a bunch of it.

I don't have the actual recipes in front of me, but I think you'd use nitric acid for cetane-boosted diesel, which is a nice surprise on your way to draconium. If some unrelated Wikis are to be trusted, then you'd use it for platinum group sludge too if you're into that.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Bremen posted:

Of the ones I've played, I'm most likely to return to Omnifactory and hope there's a better performing/less buggy version now. I see people talking about Nomifactory, but don't really know how that compares with other packs? It might be what I'm looking for. Also, suggestions for other packs are welcome, I'm not exactly well versed about what's out there.
Nomifactory is the maintained, up-to-date version of Omnifactory. I guess that fits your "better performing/less buggy version" requirement, but I don't know much about performance improvements. I know it fixed quests and some actual bugs that I personally encountered.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
blightfall 2 is all i want :negative:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Wasn't the blightfall dev working on something else now?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I think he is, and poking around the blightfall subreddit there's rumblings of an update and tweaks addon to Blightfall itself, seemingly made with Talonos' blessing.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Meskhenet posted:

Unless it changes a lot later it seems like a terrible waste of time and resources to make a 64k fluid drive. If you go through that kind of buffer you should have just upped your production instead.

Making rat nests of machines to the point where you can't get at them seems like its only a matter of time until you will want to die. If you're close to IV you could try and push through to processing arrays but if you are still struggling at early EV you might want to just bite the bullet and clean up your base. Space is infinite, conduits are cheap. Spread out at least enough that you can tell what's going on.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Nomifactory is the maintained, up-to-date version of Omnifactory. I guess that fits your "better performing/less buggy version" requirement, but I don't know much about performance improvements. I know it fixed quests and some actual bugs that I personally encountered.
The discord has said that their AE2 fork fixes some horrible lag issues when changing parts of huge networks. I think they've mentioned there are other assorted smaller performance fixes too. EnderIO crafters are apparently the most common massive source of slowdown and also the automatable crafting machine I like best :negative:. Now do I want to grind out Minecraft modding and try and see if I can make them more efficient so I can grind out minecraft parts better...?

Magres posted:

I think he is, and poking around the blightfall subreddit there's rumblings of an update and tweaks addon to Blightfall itself, seemingly made with Talonos' blessing.
A discord/reddit user has been working on a bugfix fork of the central mod. It also has a few small changes like enabling a few recipes to provide alternate ways of producing things but its primarily a bugfix project. They've been trying to get it officially endorsed or merged into blightfall but people are often kind of hard to get in touch with and there's a lot of confusion about who actually has the rights to update it as its split between technic, Talonos, and someone else iirc. It sounds like they're finally close to getting it all hammered out though and possibly expanding the scope a bit to balance tweaks.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

Wasn't the blightfall dev working on something else now?

Talonos has been on the MPD discord trying to get something new going but it doesn't sound like he's having much luck finding the tools to make what he wants unfortunately.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

LtSmash posted:

Unless it changes a lot later it seems like a terrible waste of time and resources to make a 64k fluid drive. If you go through that kind of buffer you should have just upped your production instead.

Making rat nests of machines to the point where you can't get at them seems like its only a matter of time until you will want to die. If you're close to IV you could try and push through to processing arrays but if you are still struggling at early EV you might want to just bite the bullet and clean up your base. Space is infinite, conduits are cheap. Spread out at least enough that you can tell what's going on.

The discord has said that their AE2 fork fixes some horrible lag issues when changing parts of huge networks. I think they've mentioned there are other assorted smaller performance fixes too. EnderIO crafters are apparently the most common massive source of slowdown and also the automatable crafting machine I like best :negative:. Now do I want to grind out Minecraft modding and try and see if I can make them more efficient so I can grind out minecraft parts better...?

A discord/reddit user has been working on a bugfix fork of the central mod. It also has a few small changes like enabling a few recipes to provide alternate ways of producing things but its primarily a bugfix project. They've been trying to get it officially endorsed or merged into blightfall but people are often kind of hard to get in touch with and there's a lot of confusion about who actually has the rights to update it as its split between technic, Talonos, and someone else iirc. It sounds like they're finally close to getting it all hammered out though and possibly expanding the scope a bit to balance tweaks.

Im fairly comfortable in IV.

But i dont see the processing array in JEI

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood
Hello everyone, long time no see.

I'm stepping back in to modpack creation, and *wow* has curseforge made that process way easier. I no longer have to run a CI/CD pipeline to create modpacks, yay!

(Though there is something to be said for making the barrier of entry complicated, I also see there are a bajillion modpacks on curseforge)

At any rate, I've created a 1.18.2 modpack to dip my toes back in to the process, and fired up a server for it once my release is Approved by the moderators at curseforge (which I'll post about over in PGS). It's pretty streamlined, only 95 mods, primarily tech-focused but has some fun stuff like infernal mobs and twilight forest and... ProjectE.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Meskhenet posted:

Im fairly comfortable in IV.

But i dont see the processing array in JEI

Or actually are you playing on dev? If not maybe its not a thing. You should really play on the dev branch if you haven't been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

mechaet posted:

At any rate, I've created a 1.18.2 modpack to dip my toes back in to the process, and fired up a server for it once my release is Approved by the moderators at curseforge (which I'll post about over in PGS). It's pretty streamlined, only 95 mods, primarily tech-focused but has some fun stuff like infernal mobs and twilight forest and... ProjectE.

:getin: