Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009
Is there any trick to getting more Spiked Shells for ATI? Or just burn through large nets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Bishop Beo posted:

Is there any trick to getting more Spiked Shells for ATI? Or just burn through large nets?

Throw salt into the wishing well every day. It’s the best way

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

you mother fucker

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
Well, the subsidized lunches in America just expired, so they gotta get that from somewhere!

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009

HelloNewman posted:

Throw salt into the wishing well every day. It’s the best way

Yeah, I’m already using all 9 of my wishing well tosses to get enough orange geckos for the same task. Oh well, glad I’m not missing something obvious at least.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Herbs - very aromatic 317 of 600 gathered. Get rekt adventurer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

why are we giving so much milk to students who are obviously lactose intolerant

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Speaking of toilet paper, how do people generate feathers? I kind of assumed that the Chicken Coop would be the major passive supply of them, but I've noticed that it's capped to one-per-chicken and there doesn't seem to be any way of increasing your chicken capacity. Surely it's not all from grinding Spring/Hills?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

It unfortunately is

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
If you have a lvl10 raptor you can buy toilet paper from the soap shop of Raptor Fight Club. Remember the Request is up until the end of the month, you got an other 15 days of collecting soap to buy toilet paper with.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Oh I wasn't asking for the request - I've just been working my way through the Defenses/Consequences questline and they hit me up for like 300 Feathers then 400 Parchment and it sucked so I was like "surely if they're asking for 1,000 toilet paper there's a better way of doing this". Guess not!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Inferno spheres are the IOTD. Made a cool 10 bil selling off mine this morning.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
With the sphere sale today I have enough silver to take me from 83 to over 100 but I don’t have enough AK for even one level. Once the event is over I’ll only have to focus on masteries instead of both mastery and silver, I guess that’s positive.

I’ve got the items for Education VI but I’m holding off turning that in as the 1000 Ancient Coins in the reward would be wasted. I’ve got full inventory + storehouse of coins, and spending them on increasingly expensive wheel spins feels wasteful. Hopefully when Borgen comes Wednesday he brings something good.

Tomorrow will/should be lava spheres, so don’t sell them yet!

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am Tower94 and heavily AK locked as well. I have several mid term GMs in the works but those will take 2-3 weeks, so I decided I'll use this event to buy the 100b crop row. That'll make my gj's 10% more efficient, make all the crop GMs (of which I have zero because it's more annoying/tedious than manual fishing) 10% faster and give me a merit badge.

So depending on how many LNs and stamina you got, it's imo a valid strategy to buy 100b crop row before T100, if you're AK locked.

I am sitting on 85b silver now, so I'll probably reach the 100b tomorrow.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Yeah, I’m just in the mid 60s of the tower but becoming less and less interested in the GM grind.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Does the event end tonight or tomorrow night? I've been holding both inferno and lava spheres for a (hopefully) eventual bonus to sell them. Inferno is today, which is great!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Does Buddystone do anything? I have enough runestones for the trade in but was planning on doing a big sphere buy/sell before the event ends.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Looking back, I wouldn’t touch the tower until all my other quests are done. The Tower is just a money sink. I would’ve unlocked my 100 store house or gotten the onion.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

I think the first couple of artifacts are worth beelining for.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'd definitely open it before the onion and maybe before the 10b storehouse and crop row if you have the crap needed to unlock it as the first 20 levels are some pretttty good bonuses and are super easy to get.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Vasler posted:

Does the event end tonight or tomorrow night? I've been holding both inferno and lava spheres for a (hopefully) eventual bonus to sell them. Inferno is today, which is great!

It’ll end tomorrow at around 9PM game time, if it follows previous events. Barring something crazy, Lava Spheres are a lock for the IOTD tomorrow.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Lol finally checked in here and what the christ. I've been grinding and burning feathers into tp all weekend trying to get 200. gently caress all this.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
The end of ATI is close, but I am once again in Corn jail, (taps on the thread title and nods)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

oh no rice seeds

oh no it looks like the new area is going to require more corn

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Wonder how much rice is going to sell for.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

250k base
(beets are 189k)

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
Currently on ATI IX - anyone able to toss me some Iced Teas? IGN is Jayme. Thanks!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

rafikki posted:

Inferno spheres are the IOTD. Made a cool 10 bil selling off mine this morning.

dont forget to open your grab bags and make more spheres to sell!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Oh no. ATI X needs gold fish. Noooooooo

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Vasler posted:

Oh no. ATI X needs gold fish. Noooooooo

I’m on ATI I and mad about herbs. It might be time to put this one down for me lads

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

koshmar posted:

The end of ATI is close, but I am once again in Corn jail, (taps on the thread title and nods)

Do I have good news for you! New recipes have shown up and one of them is Corn Oil! Be prepared to grow corn forever to GM them when the next Exploration zone.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Virigoth posted:

I’m on ATI I and mad about herbs. It might be time to put this one down for me lads

I just got to ATI X too (on the back of the 25x grab bags in the exchange center). Not sure I’ve got it in me to go farther…

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I just started playing this game (having a lot of fun!) and I'm just starting out planting peppers and someone sent me 5 eggs in my mailbox randomly. I'm grateful for the eggs but can't figure out a way to respond and say thank you for the eggs! Is it just a thing in this game to gift players random things? Or is it the game gifting me something?

Also: what should I do with the eggs?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Kvlt! posted:

I just started playing this game (having a lot of fun!) and I'm just starting out planting peppers and someone sent me 5 eggs in my mailbox randomly. I'm grateful for the eggs but can't figure out a way to respond and say thank you for the eggs! Is it just a thing in this game to gift players random things? Or is it the game gifting me something?

Later on you get random mini-missions daily and one of the types is "mail X items to another player". So most people just go down the new player list looking for non-full mailboxes and gift them random items.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Kvlt! posted:

Eggs don’t have much purpose at the moment, outside of a few quests requiring them, but I expect that will change once Cooking gets implemented, if my culinary habits are anything to go by.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Maguoob posted:

Do I have good news for you! New recipes have shown up and one of them is Corn Oil! Be prepared to grow corn forever to GM them when the next Exploration zone.

Yeah and it physically uses up the machine press you have to craft in order to make the oil each time you craft some. Disposable machinery!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I give newbies valuable stuff, like gems or iced tea :smug:

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Wheee

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah and it physically uses up the machine press you have to craft in order to make the oil each time you craft some. Disposable machinery!

Look, it was either disposable machines or a new quest line that takes 20k corn, 2k of each gold fish, and whatever the most annoying things to get happen to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Mine was merely half that