Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

for sale, cargo bed, never used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/CharlemagnumPI/status/1558923302214803458?s=20&t=jC6BcslWTi1H5uW4MpQesg

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Solidarity traffic jam?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

blocking roads is more effective than any liberal protest of having speeches in a park.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

they're not blocking anything theyre in a car park lmao. theyre lit just using a car park sideways

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Time-poor working people need cheap easy-to-eat food on the go and that’s all the defense the concept of fast food needs. It’s existed in one form or another since Greek times.

1822?

actionjackson posted:

how do they alter the direction it moves without power?

They flip a big magnet around obviously.

larper
Apr 9, 2019

Blockade posted:

anyone know a solution to this?

What a loving pussy, look how immaculately organized it is lol. my pickup's bed is filled with a bunch of logs, leaves and random trash. My favorite is when i'm on the highway and something in there blows out and hits a tailgater

mystes
May 31, 2006

larper posted:

What a loving pussy, look how immaculately organized it is lol. my pickup's bed is filled with a bunch of logs, leaves and random trash. My favorite is when i'm on the highway and something in there blows out and hits a tailgater
Hmm... You drive a truck but you also seem to be doing a good job taking out other cars so I guess that's something.

larper
Apr 9, 2019

mystes posted:

Hmm... You drive a truck but you also seem to be doing a good job taking out other cars so I guess that's something.

I'm sure it will be made quick / i get to choose my place in line etc but I really do drive the thing about once every 2 weeks. the last time was to pick up a huge chaise couch last week. It's an 04 ranger and the bed is roughly the same size as these infantile bro-dozers everywhere. I like that it has pretty small blind spots and almost fully panoramic visibility from the cab

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I had an RA in college that wanted free parking in the ramp across the street, and that ramp had free parking just for the first 15 minutes. so he would bring his bike, walk it over the sensor, and that would set off the machine and print out a ticket. then he would use that ticket to leave for free lol

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Watching one of my city's most famous institutions hauling my rear end in a top hat neighbors illegally parked car away, god bless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF3q7o8Yjrg

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

actionjackson posted:

I had an RA in college that wanted free parking in the ramp across the street, and that ramp had free parking just for the first 15 minutes. so he would bring his bike, walk it over the sensor, and that would set off the machine and print out a ticket. then he would use that ticket to leave for free lol

Bless him

mystes
May 31, 2006

actionjackson posted:

If only there was some way they could just get on the bike and ride it to their destination and not have to go through the whole car ticket process

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i'm amazed he got away with it (maybe he got caught eventually) because everything is on camera

mystes
May 31, 2006

actionjackson posted:

i'm amazed he got away with it (maybe he got caught eventually) because everything is on camera
It seems like of those things where there's a decent chance nobody will care enough to do anything and also a chance someone will get insanely angry and go through all the security camera tapes and records and somehow add up all the money lost so they can get it turned into a felony

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Blockade posted:

anyone know a solution to this?

Do you not have a super-deluxe crew cab? Just throw it in the back seat.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/BrentToderian/status/1558671061331283969?s=20&t=olB3IIVAHgzJdJqddmX4rw

mystes
May 31, 2006

Paris is a great reminder that it's possible to make a lot of progress in a short amount of time (if you're not the US)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hasn't Paris been deploying microphone+plate camera systems that automatically ticket anybody with a car or bike tuned up to be loud as gently caress?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Oof. Problematic. Not seeing anything about committees or preliminary studies.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Hasn't Paris been deploying microphone+plate camera systems that automatically ticket anybody with a car or bike tuned up to be loud as gently caress?

Yes.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-04-27/how-paris-is-waging-a-war-on-noise-pollution

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

I need to move to Paris.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, i don't know what's worse at this point in the US. the non-stop roar of badly or purposefully maintained vehicles that are loud as gently caress or the general lack of regard for driving somewhat safely.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Dead gay paris

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

WaryWarren posted:

Yeah, i don't know what's worse at this point in the US. the non-stop roar of badly or purposefully maintained vehicles that are loud as gently caress or the general lack of regard for driving somewhat safely.

If I had to choose between loud safe traffic or quiet unsafe traffic I would choose the safe traffic.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

tacodaemon posted:

I've seen so many of these, particularly from midwestern US cities, where it's nearly impossible to believe you're looking at the exact same spot

you can find the truth in every thread these days, people are waking up

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mr. Sharps posted:

accidentally made a post in the trump thread because of this :cry:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Sharps posted:

It’s becoming increasingly clear that soon three cars per household will be unaffordable for Americans, and I can only guess that some people are looking at our shared spaces in that light.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It’s becoming increasingly clear that soon three cars per household will be unaffordable for Americans, and I can only guess that some people are looking at our shared spaces in that light.
I'd love to imagine that cars getting more expensive would make people more interested in alternatives but also americans are idiots

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

I'd love to imagine that cars getting more expensive would make people more interested in alternatives but also americans are idiots

I mean, I was carbrained until I lost my good job with no future guarantee of employment, ended up broke doing poo poo call center work, and was lucky enough to have an apartment on a tram line.

Maybe other Americans going through the same experience will convince them that the ol' trolley / bus / subway always being there for them is a good thing.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

nah we haven’t even begun to see car brains. we’re gonna see some real poo poo to keep people in cars no matter what the cost to society.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

gas stations partnering with credit cards. cars linked to employment like healthcare. theres tons of weird ways to make thigns worse

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

you have to pay for fuel yourself but they let you use it for non work reasons and only charge you $1 a mile usage fee over the minimum required mileage to get from home to work which they can calculate because they know where you live because it tracks you. weight sensors to check if youre giving rides or carrying groceries which accidentally also get triggered by bumps in the road

speng31b
May 8, 2010

mystes posted:

People in the US base a lot of decisions around where they can afford to live and what work they can get. Based on that, it's often impossible to avoid car brained choices

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

apparently you can get an illness that makes it impossible to ride a bus or even be a passenger in a car due to overwhelming nausea. the only tolerable method of swift transport is to drive personally. I believe this could happen to someone, somehow, but surely america is now the primary reservoir for such conditions. it’s like a terminal form of car brain. :distonk:

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

glad I was paying attention on my bike ride home tonight. I pull up to a red light, chilling, wait until the light turns green for me. as this happens, a guy in an suv gets mad that his light has just turned red and there are multiple cars in front of him, or something, and guns it, swerving into the opposite lane and flying through a completely red light into the intersection. easily could have killed someone. this is why i wait 2-3 seconds after the light turns green now.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Sharps posted:

It even had a skyway

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The average new car payment is $700!

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

boston is completely shutting down one of their subway lines for a month. perhaps drivers are going to get a taste of how transit benefits them this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

cool av posted:

boston is completely shutting down one of their subway lines for a month. perhaps drivers are going to get a taste of how transit benefits them this month.

Sounds like they'll be building more lanes in Boston!