Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It's my birthday and I've now gotten Xenoblade 3!

Except I still haven't finished 1 and 2. And I have Live a Live to finish. And Digimon Survive. And FEW TH.

Somebody help I need more hours a day :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Starting on the left branch of AI: Somnium 1 after finishing Live A Live and man is Mizuki a miserable little poo poo. I think I dig her though.

Yeah she's the best

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

wuggles posted:

One thing researching my YOTG post taught me is that we used to crank games out

In the early 2000s, there were usually several large AA/AAA game releases every single month, with some months-long stretches having multiple per week. There was always something exciting coming out from a medium-to-large team (for the era) in almost every genre.

Nowadays, there are more new game releases than ever, but even if you take away the asset flip garbage, most of what's left are indie games. And there's lots of cool stuff coming out all the time from indie devs, but they seem more targeted to very specific audiences and not really the kinds of games that generate widespread hype. The number of "AA/AAA" game releases have slowed to a crawl. That's the price you pay when every AAA game has to be a sprawling epic made by a thousand people now I guess.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played Majora's Mask for seven hours yesterday and it was a rolllllercoaster. The heat over here in the UK made my mind melt a tad so something as basic as a zora dolphin jump was impossible for me. 10 or so minutes I tried to do that. Failed, gave up, utterly defeated and ashamed.

However, I did the postie quest where you have to count to exactly 10 seconds completely unaided :) Felt exceptionally powerful at that, so swings and roundabouts.

I have basically finished the whole game. Just need to get the last two masks, and one sidequest and all that is sorted! (Plus while doing that I am also sorting out the frog quest.)

This has been a sublime game. Stone Temple is my favourite of all the temples, even if the mechanics of the boss confused me the first time. Luckily I beat them the second time by accident :)

I am pumped for more Zelders. Also going to be giving Super Mario 64 an actual proper try on Friday, whereas there will be more Atelier either tonight or Wednesday.

GAMING IS GREAT :D

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hell yeah gaming is great

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cant wait to get into more saga frontier tonight

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

My brother was trying to tell me the Cuphead tv show was good but its all made on a computer so its missing at minimum 50% of the appeal of Cuphead.

Him, a fool: "Should they have just spent five years animating it like the game?"
Me, an intellectual: "Yes"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

However, I did the postie quest where you have to count to exactly 10 seconds completely unaided :)

THIS loving GUY

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

VideoGames posted:

However, I did the postie quest where you have to count to exactly 10 seconds completely unaided :) Felt exceptionally powerful at that, so swings and roundabouts.

In the Japanese version it goes one digit further past the decimal place which means it's possible to start the minigame on a frame where it's impossible to win.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pwnstar posted:

My brother was trying to tell me the Cuphead tv show was good but its all made on a computer so its missing at minimum 50% of the appeal of Cuphead.

Him, a fool: "Should they have just spent five years animating it like the game?"
Me, an intellectual: "Yes"

the Cuphead show is CGI? lol. lmao, even.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
not CG, just digitally drawn and colored

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Disgusting.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ECY5Cd9JQ

the Vibes...!!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

wondering if this character is possibly a villain

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Could they not have given Dave the Scientist and Xavier the Wizard more fancy names? Especially Dave.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

WaltherFeng posted:

Just got a confirmation from the retailer that my PS5 has been shipped.

Now I can continue playing Elden Ring in 60 fps.

i have some bad news regarding the ps5 and its abiolity to run games lol

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Help Im Alive posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

In the early 2000s, there were usually several large AA/AAA game releases every single month, with some months-long stretches having multiple per week. There was always something exciting coming out from a medium-to-large team (for the era) in almost every genre.

Nowadays, there are more new game releases than ever, but even if you take away the asset flip garbage, most of what's left are indie games. And there's lots of cool stuff coming out all the time from indie devs, but they seem more targeted to very specific audiences and not really the kinds of games that generate widespread hype. The number of "AA/AAA" game releases have slowed to a crawl. That's the price you pay when every AAA game has to be a sprawling epic made by a thousand people now I guess.

nah we still get tons, also most of the ones in the 2000s were trash.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

A couple days ago I looked through all the upcoming games for the PS5, and I was shocked at how thin the pickings were.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Same with upcoming XBOX games tbh, especially with the stuff that got pushed to 2023. Thankfully there's at least one company making a console with games

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Same with upcoming XBOX games tbh, especially with the stuff that got pushed to 2023. Thankfully there's at least one company making a console with games

That's right, thank God for the playdate

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna play Soul Hackers 2 on my PS5

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Help Im Alive posted:

in Ace Attorney Investigations, the bad guy who's supposed to do the do a "kindly old man" kind of act before being revealed as the game's big villain has the JP-version name of "Onred Carnage"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Assuming XBC3 actually has an ending at some point.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The enemies in the EDF games are called "Ravagers" except the world government gave them that name right after they showed up before they had even attacked anything

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
to my understanding they crash-landed in major cities and immediately chowed down on anyone and anything that’d fit their mandibles

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gotta love EDF. We need more AA mid-budget 3D action games with quirks and stuff, especially worldwide. I dig the steam indie scene, some retro FPS games, but let's get more of the EDF mojo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oxxidation posted:

to my understanding they crash-landed in major cities and immediately chowed down on anyone and anything that’d fit their mandibles

In 2017 I recall the dialog saying this when the UFOs were still just floating in the sky during the intro cutscene, before any giant ants came out. I recall this because one of my friends found it funny as hell and still does

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gripweed posted:

A couple days ago I looked through all the upcoming games for the PS5, and I was shocked at how thin the pickings were.

i would recommend looking at good platforms instead like switch and pc. sony giving up on doing anything isnt the whole intdustry.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Stux posted:

i would recommend looking at good platforms instead like switch and pc. sony giving up on doing anything isnt the whole intdustry.

More than just Sony make PlayStation games. Ideally, at least.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gripweed posted:

Yeah you can buy those games on the personal computer though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gripweed posted:

yeah and theyre all on switch and pc. us normal people are currently rushing to beat xbc3 before soul hackers 2 comes out, so we can clear out plates for darktide and pokemon scarvi. ppl who foolishly bought a ps 5 are not deserving of games or frankly basic human rights.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I am currently playing saga frontier remastered on my sony playstation5 computer entertainment console and hell, it's tons of fun

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I'm talking to boulders

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stux posted:

i have some bad news regarding the ps5 and its abiolity to run games lol

Those games you think you like, get this

They're actually bad :cool:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Rarity posted:

Those games you think you like, get this

They're actually bad :cool:

Get this,

I love bad games :cool:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stux posted:

yeah and theyre all on switch and pc. us normal people are currently rushing to beat xbc3 before soul hackers 2 comes out, so we can clear out plates for darktide and pokemon scarvi. ppl who foolishly bought a ps 5 are not deserving of games or frankly basic human rights.

PS5 is huge and it has no games... it seems those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

No Dignity posted:

PS5 is huge and it has no games... it seems those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

PS5 owners can have the basic human right of housing, right underneath their monumental video game consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It does kinda look like as if a lesser known architect designed a museum for modern art in the 00s