Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

People have been fighting over ps5s for the past few years, sacrificing their time and well-being to get hold of one, while those of us In the Know knew better :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
They made a fifth one?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They called the fifth playstation the playstation five

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They called the seventh PlayStation the PS5

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I got a PS5 a month or two ago and I'm already using it ten times more than my PC for gaming and 100 times more than my Switch (which hasn't been turned on since Metroid Dread).

The new PS+ library is a godsend for the console. I've got months worth of cool fun games to keep me going until God of War and the TLOU remake. And the two games I'm most hype for right now (FF16 and 7R2) will be PS5 exclusive for at least a year or two.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I finally played the living poo poo out of Lydie and Suelle again, looks like my last save was in 2020. I beat falgior and am now in an underwater painting! Also I hilariously made an amazing bomb with all of my best stuff then gave it away because I was making it for a plot person. I forgot to make it bad on purpose.

Went around gathering and doing quests etc etc and collecting stuff and making more things (so, so many things) so now everyone has something on their weapons. Some party formations are super obvious and great (like alt behind suelle, who just does cheap-cost gun skills then alt will always attack) but if I'm trying to get friendship up for everyone then it's a bit tougher. Who do I put behind who? Also the formation screen is some bullshit. It shows the formation, then when you select someone to change formation, it shows something else, which looks like the formation screen but is not in order at all.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Stux posted:

yeah and theyre all on switch and pc. us normal people are currently rushing to beat xbc3 before soul hackers 2 comes out, so we can clear out plates for darktide and pokemon scarvi. ppl who foolishly bought a ps 5 are not deserving of games or frankly basic human rights.

I’m going to play Space Marine 2 when it comes out in three years.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

stev posted:

I got a PS5 a month or two ago and I'm already using it ten times more than my PC for gaming and 100 times more than my Switch (which hasn't been turned on since Metroid Dread).

The new PS+ library is a godsend for the console. I've got months worth of cool fun games to keep me going until God of War and the TLOU remake. And the two games I'm most hype for right now (FF16 and 7R2) will be PS5 exclusive for at least a year or two.

One of the two big games you’re excited for in the near future is a PS3 game that they already did an HD version of for the PS4, and this new double HD version for the PS5 updated the graphics in a way where you can’t tell if they’re better or worse, and that’s literally the only change.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm probably not going to give a poo poo about the PS6 until Gundam Vs. Xboost ports to it

I'm not going to give a poo poo about Xbox because I have a PC and Game Pass

Nintendo will do whatever and I'll buy whenever something hits under 40 bux (lol, lmao)

PC gaming stays winning

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

stev posted:

god of war and tlou are pc games and the second one is the second remake in two generations. can only concludie your first statement stems from a n incredible lack of taste in games .

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I really don’t care about mods and I don’t have performance brain so I’m just fine owning all the consoles and never rebuilding my PC, my PS5 still has a niche to fill though it’s my Least favorite PlayStation by a long shot

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

redreader posted:

I finally played the living poo poo out of Lydie and Suelle again, looks like my last save was in 2020. I beat falgior and am now in an underwater painting! Also I hilariously made an amazing bomb with all of my best stuff then gave it away because I was making it for a plot person. I forgot to make it bad on purpose.

Went around gathering and doing quests etc etc and collecting stuff and making more things (so, so many things) so now everyone has something on their weapons. Some party formations are super obvious and great (like alt behind suelle, who just does cheap-cost gun skills then alt will always attack) but if I'm trying to get friendship up for everyone then it's a bit tougher. Who do I put behind who? Also the formation screen is some bullshit. It shows the formation, then when you select someone to change formation, it shows something else, which looks like the formation screen but is not in order at all.

well since you beat falgior it's smooth sailing from here on out. for friendship, it grows faster for units in the frontline.

once you get access to the new lightning bomb in the next chapter with effects that can indefinitely stall the enemy and also traits that when put on one bomb can let firis use all her follow-up skills, you can even beat the final boss without ever incurring damage if you play your cards right

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

It's my birthday and I've now gotten Xenoblade 3!

Except I still haven't finished 1 and 2. And I have Live a Live to finish. And Digimon Survive. And FEW TH.

Somebody help I need more hours a day :negative:

Happy birthday!

The ending of XBC2 is worth it

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Propaganda Hour posted:

Happy birthday!

The ending of XBC2 is worth it

Thanks! Honestly it's kinda sad I dropped them: in 1 I got obsessed with checking guides to fill the affinity chart (ain't doing this now in hell) and in 2 I... just dropped it after the first major boss battle? It was not the anime™ unlike many, I have high tolerance for that stuff, like jesus the way people talk about XC2 on here one would think it's one of those "you should be jailed" games instead of just more overtly anime than 1 (which is still pretty anime).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thinking you should be jailed for liking anime is not uncommon in these forums, no

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Tales of Vesperia update: We fought a boss that was a wolf-like creature in the forest. It absolutely wrecked us and made us use all of our items to just try to beat it; We got pretty lucky when it ended up running into one of the nearby flowers at the edge of the arena and stunned itself for a little bit.

We were both honestly figuring we would get a gameover, end of fight stats had Estelle, Repede, and Rita all at 0 HP while my Karol had 200 HP remaining. Just barely managed to finish it with a dragon uppercut.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiVZMxf4E2Q

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No matter how many times you post it I’m not clicking on the Dunkey

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That wolf is one of the harder fights in the game, congrats

bideojames
Aug 29, 2004

>:3
please do not post "gaming youtubers" anywhere within my field of vision, thank you in advance

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

It's my birthday and I've now gotten Xenoblade 3!

Except I still haven't finished 1 and 2. And I have Live a Live to finish. And Digimon Survive. And FEW TH.

Somebody help I need more hours a day :negative:

Happy birthday GiantRockFromSpace :)

What's FEW TH? That's the only thing in that list I don't recognize.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

hatty posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dunkey is correct about xb2

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Stux posted:

god of war and tlou are pc games and the second one is the second remake in two generations. can only concludie your first statement stems from a n incredible lack of taste in games .

incredibly consolewarbrained take to imply that you can't enjoy a game on your couch if it isn't an exclusive

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i forogt if you tried to play a switch or pc game on a couch the entire room becomes engfuled in flames. good point op.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1559223803326173185?s=20&t=Tu5DNrFg9wNW4fbxFdJ3vg

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
maybe we could make some kind of PC/console hybrid, it could be both portable and couch-friendly and integrated with a popular digital distribution platform

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kingdom Hearts 4 time

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Does Square still have marvel licenses? Doubt they'd bother with more after selling all the people making those games, but

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think that contract went out when they sold off the western studios

"In addition to all-new announcements, fans can expect new reveals from titles including Disney Dreamlight Valley, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, and a sneak peek at the upcoming Marvel ensemble game from Skydance New Media."

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Waffleman_ posted:

I think that contract went out when they sold off the western studios

"In addition to all-new announcements, fans can expect new reveals from titles including Disney Dreamlight Valley, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, and a sneak peek at the upcoming Marvel ensemble game from Skydance New Media."

surprised that they're showing anything from the Skydance project, I had thought it was just starting development when it was announced last fall

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's probably just going to be garbage mobile games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Barry Convex posted:

surprised that they're showing anything from the Skydance project, I had thought it was just starting development when it was announced last fall

Could always be either pure CGI or ten seconds of black screen with fanfare leading up to a logo reveal

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When's Nintendo doing their E3 direct

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Next week at my house

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm stoked for that Disney Marvel showcase. Can't wait to see all of the many, many ways they're repurposing Disney Infinity's style and actual assets into random weird-rear end mobile games that do all sorts of poo poo that we asked to do but were told "never".

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It just hit me how silly the alleged $100 million Microsoft paid for Rise of the Tomb Raider looks next to the $300 million Square sold Eidos for. Both figures are ridiculous in their own way.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Just played through Citizen Sleeper, that was a fun one. Not sure I want to play through it again but definitely worth your time if you like CYOA-type games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

I said come in! posted:

It's probably just going to be garbage mobile games.

Hey come on now. It'll be garbage mobile games

...priced at $70 and released on console.